Author Topic: Liverpool 0-0 Man United: Half-time...  (Read 205194 times)

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Re: Liverpool v Manchester United 15th October 12:45
« Reply #1360 on: October 13, 2011, 01:18:15 pm »
Feeling more and more confident as the hour passes. Their team is looking weaker and we are on the up.

Really? I'd say they're considerably stronger than they were last season.

Offline WheelerLFC

• Anny Roader
  • Brendan Rodgers Liverpool are on our way to glory!
« Reply #1361 on: October 13, 2011, 01:18:52 pm »
As usual Andy nail on the head mate. I remember the job our number 8 did in Istanbul. Which a lot of people forget.

Yes he did have a great game covering at right back in Istanbul but we need alot of pace going forward especialy from the middle of the park where they have vertually no midfield, putting Gerrard right back would take him right out the game and invite them onto our back 4 all day.  Id play Flanno RB, let him give Young a proper wack from the off to let him know he's there and he'll do fine  ;)
'Take that poof bandage off, and what do you mean YOUR knee, it's LIVERPOOL'S knee!' - Bill Shankly

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1362 on: October 13, 2011, 01:18:55 pm »
Bit tough on the lad that given the quality of the Larsson finish don't you think?

It's the RAWK way.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #1363 on: October 13, 2011, 01:19:51 pm »
Kenny press conference at half past.

Offline Cantona07

• Main Stander
« Reply #1364 on: October 13, 2011, 01:23:53 pm »
What a surprise, a Manc more obsessed with Liverpool than his own team. Sad tosser!!

eh?

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1365 on: October 13, 2011, 01:24:24 pm »
Bit tough on the lad that given the quality of the Larsson finish don't you think?

Dont get me wrong.. I like Flanno... He's no nonsense in the back four and has a crunching tackle... Probably a better defender than say kelly and johnson...
Had he been closer to Larsson, there's no way he would have hit the volley so sweetly and accurately...
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1366 on: October 13, 2011, 01:24:47 pm »
If Flanaghan plays at RB we'll lose by 4 or 5 goals.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1367 on: October 13, 2011, 01:25:47 pm »

I hope you're not serious
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1368 on: October 13, 2011, 01:26:24 pm »

Mustn't bite...

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1369 on: October 13, 2011, 01:26:39 pm »
Im sure Aurelio can cover at Right back? He's intelligent enough to pull it off...as long as he don't get injured

He's about as one-footed a player as any at the club, albeit that foot being very good.
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline jDJ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1370 on: October 13, 2011, 01:27:06 pm »

When talking about the positioning, the quality of the finish is an irrelevance.

You're right though, 9 times out of 10, Larsson skies it, Flanno gets away with his indiscretion, we hold on to win, flanno chalks up a clean sheet and no one remembers the moment.  Since players started regularly bursting onto the scene at 16 and 17, there's been an effort to write off youngsters at a far too early stage in their development.  You can probably tell now that Flanno isn't going to be the world's best ever full back but he may well develop into a solid reliable right back who happily picks up medals like an O'Shea or Brown at United.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1371 on: October 13, 2011, 01:28:02 pm »
we're 7/4 to win at home.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1372 on: October 13, 2011, 01:29:38 pm »
Yes he did have a great game covering at right back in Istanbul but we need alot of pace going forward especialy from the middle of the park where they have vertually no midfield, putting Gerrard right back would take him right out the game and invite them onto our back 4 all day.  Id play Flanno RB, let him give Young a proper wack from the off to let him know he's there and he'll do fine  ;)

I understand the sentiment, but flanno is a local young lad - giving him the green light to "give Young a proper wack from the off to let him know he's there" could possibly give Mr. Marriner a decision to make - and after the derby thats the last thing we need.

If we can keep them at bay for the first 20 minutes I'll be confident of the right result.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1373 on: October 13, 2011, 01:30:16 pm »
He's about as one-footed a player as any at the club, albeit that foot being very good , when fit.

Fixed that for ya..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1374 on: October 13, 2011, 01:37:58 pm »
I hope you're not serious

Manchester United will be looking to exploit both the flanks and our lack of pace in central defence. I am fairly confident that Enrique will do a solid job on the left and Downing always puts a decent shift in to help out.

On the right Kuyt covers well and playing alongside Kelly has a very good understanding which works well in defence and attack.

I'm more concerned if Johnson or Flanaghan play on the right. I like Flanagahn - I think he is one for the future and shows bags of potential, but this isn't the game to bring him back into the frame. It's a high profile fixture. If he plays then Ferguson will see him as a weak link, they would be attacking down the left and doubling up and using pace to beat the defenders into the centre. If we concede one or two goals from that flank then he would get dogs abuse from the fans and any confidence would evaporate - leading to a hatful of chances. The fullback position is one where you don't want to change it around once you've kicked off if you can help it.

If Johnson plays then I'd be worried simply because he isn't a good defender. Certainly not of the class of Enrique.

I'd say the only fullback at the club at the moment worth his position is Kelly. I really like the lad and I like his understanding with Kuyt.

But failing him, just for this fixture I would want someone that could use their experience and positioning to give our team the best possible chance. Gerrard - it is a fact - gets away with more than other players would - so an opportune kick on their lightweight forwards could mean the difference between us holding the line or caving in.

I hope that I'm proven wrong, but if I were Ferguson I would be literally jumping for joy to see an 18 year old with less than 10 appearances in his career facing my attacking line.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
« Reply #1375 on: October 13, 2011, 01:49:18 pm »

I'd say the only fullback at the club at the moment worth his position is Kelly. I really like the lad and I like his understanding with Kuyt.

I think Enrique has been one of our most consistent performers this season. I am more than fairly confident he can perform Saturday.
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1376 on: October 13, 2011, 01:53:14 pm »
JimBoardman Jim Boardman
Kenny says everyone's fit for Saturday. Everyone.

This is great news. We really really need Kelly for this one.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1377 on: October 13, 2011, 01:55:21 pm »

I wouldn't be concerned if Johnson plays, he's not a bad a defender as is made out - the only issue is his fitness having not played in such a long time. It's a bit ridiculous to say if Flanagan plays we'll concede 5 or 6 though. We'd need to make sure that the right is covered - Kuyt will help out in that respect and with Gerrard back, it'll be another body in midfield to help. Besides, we're not going to be on the back foot against them - it's like people worrying that Rooney will be fired up after his red card and will tear us a new one. Also, Flanagan has had less than one poor half for us, after the Sunderland goal it was clear he lost a bit of confidence which affected his performance. To say we'll be fucked from that alone is strange. We have issues which need to be sorted, it's not just Flanagan.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1378 on: October 13, 2011, 01:55:39 pm »
JimBoardman Jim Boardman

Brilliant.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1379 on: October 13, 2011, 01:55:55 pm »
Will we go with Kelly or Johnson though?

I'd go with Kelly.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1380 on: October 13, 2011, 01:57:40 pm »
The right back issue worries me. The mancs thrive on getting at teams down the flanks and if Skrtel plays there he'll get murdered.

If Skrtel plays at right back, it will like having your testicles near an electrical source for 90 mins. Please Robbie Fowler, no!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1381 on: October 13, 2011, 01:59:27 pm »

I hope that I'm proven wrong, but if I were Ferguson I would be literally jumping for joy to see an 18 year old with less than 10 appearances in his career facing my attacking line.

Rob Jones did alright when thrown into the deep end way back when.

Having said that, I'd be uneasy too with Flanagan at this stage but if Kelly and Johnson were out then I would have him over an out of position centre back. It is a worry though, given how United's strength is their flanks really. Flanagan did great on his debut but City were a different kettle of inbred fish.

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1382 on: October 13, 2011, 01:59:33 pm »
But poor positioning is the reason he got dropped after the Sunderland game... He wasnt tight enough on Larsson at the far post for their equaliser...

I agree its not perfect, but its a damn sight better than Skrtel's RB positioning.

If Kelly and Johnson are out then I think Flanno is the best option we've got. Hopefully they'll be fit!

Offline StevieF

• Anny Roader

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1384 on: October 13, 2011, 02:00:28 pm »
JimBoardman Jim Boardman

Fuck yea.

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1385 on: October 13, 2011, 02:00:58 pm »
Everyone's fit? Wow. That's a first.

I really hope Agger starts.

Offline stescouse100

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1386 on: October 13, 2011, 02:02:17 pm »
JimBoardman Jim Boardman

Fantastic news.

Scared_Person is spot on, Utd for years have usually played with two out & out wingers, one of their main sources of joy is attacking teams out wide. Would stick with Martin Kelly myself with Glen only just coming back from a succession of niggles, glad to see the national set-up made a sensible decision for a change in sending him back to us as a precaution. Saying that, the right side still worries me from time to time when up against quality whether its Young or Nani, think we look far more solid on the left with Enrique.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1388 on: October 13, 2011, 02:05:16 pm »
Given that news, I'm hoping Kelly starts, purely because Johnson's probably not match fit. Young in his back pocket.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1389 on: October 13, 2011, 02:06:38 pm »
With everyone fit -

Reina

Kelly Skrtel Agger Enrique

Lucas Gerrard

Kuyt       Suarez     Downing
           Carroll

Play a high defensive line, stop Rooney dropping deep to pick up the ball.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1390 on: October 13, 2011, 02:07:05 pm »
Really, really hope we go for:

Reina, Kelly, Carra, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Adam, Gerrard, Kuyt, Downing, Suarez.

Bring Carroll and Bellamy off the bench to mix it up later on (and Henderson if we get the chance - I think he needs game time to improve).

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1391 on: October 13, 2011, 02:07:23 pm »
Given that news, I'm hoping Kelly starts, purely because Johnson's probably not match fit. Young in his back pocket.

Yes please.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1392 on: October 13, 2011, 02:08:04 pm »
With everyone fit -

Reina

Lucas Gerrard

Carroll

We won't drop Carra. I'd also be pretty surprised if we played such an attacking 4-4-2.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1393 on: October 13, 2011, 02:09:04 pm »
We won't drop Carra. I'd also be pretty surprised if we played such an attacking 4-4-2.

We did that last season with Kuyt, Maxi, Meireles and Suarez.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1394 on: October 13, 2011, 02:09:35 pm »
Yes please.

You just want to watch Kelly run around for 90 minutes, the footballing side of it is a trifling concern...

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1395 on: October 13, 2011, 02:09:37 pm »
With everyone fit -

Reina

Lucas Gerrard

Carroll

There’s no chance we’ll start with 50% of our back 4 only just back from injury. I think it will be Carra and Skrtel in the middle.

Both Young and Nani love to cut inside to whip it in or shoot. Whoever plays RB will have to stay very tight and then hopefully Lucas can clean them out when they do cut in.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #1396 on: October 13, 2011, 02:09:50 pm »
I'd start Johnson. If fully-fit, he's kept Bale and Lennon out of games, and is a natural right-back.

Everyone fit though? Wayne Rooney just flew past my window.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1397 on: October 13, 2011, 02:10:30 pm »
the footballing side of it is a trifling concern...

She'll get her just desserts.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1398 on: October 13, 2011, 02:11:22 pm »
You just want to watch Kelly run around for 90 minutes, the footballing side of it is a trifling concern...

Okay.

Offline McGarnagle

• OOTer, Day Tripper, Paddy, etc.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "What the hell are you Mancs up to?"
« Reply #1399 on: October 13, 2011, 02:12:03 pm »
With everyone fit -

Reina

Lucas Gerrard

Carroll

Ditto

Bench of Doni, Johnson, Carra, Henderson, Adam, Maxi, Bellamy... Fucking sweet!!!

Nerves have just turned to excitement! COME ON, let's twat these manc bastards
Justice for the 96

RIP

YNWA