Author Topic: I'm a deluded bellend, we're going to win the league!  (Read 15633 times)

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
Re: I'm a deluded bellend, we're going to win the league!
« Reply #200 on: May 11, 2024, 02:49:12 pm »
We go again …
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #201 on: May 11, 2024, 03:26:29 pm »
We never specified which year we were talking about!
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #202 on: May 11, 2024, 03:50:14 pm »
*sigh*
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: May 11, 2024, 05:45:39 pm »
I'm still not giving up. If City get deducted their points and Arsenal lose to United tomorrow then it's on.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline BlondieChelle1983

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #204 on: May 12, 2024, 09:26:54 pm »
I'm of the opinion that it was over as soon as we drew against United, as much as that pains me to admit. It was always going to be an uphill climb from there. To win the league you HAVE to ensure you keep a respectable distance between yourselves and Manchester City, and we just couldn't do that. (Although it didn't help that we didn't get a penalty to beat them at Anfield)

I do NOT think Everton had anything to do with it, as much as they are desperate to take credit. Even if we'd won the derby, the league was out of our reach, I think.

Oh, well. As usual we go again.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #205 on: May 12, 2024, 09:46:03 pm »
Whilst I would have loved us to take it to the wire the thought of loosing the title on goal difference would have been hard to take.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #206 on: May 12, 2024, 10:24:04 pm »
I'm of the opinion that it was over as soon as we drew against United, as much as that pains me to admit. It was always going to be an uphill climb from there. To win the league you HAVE to ensure you keep a respectable distance between yourselves and Manchester City, and we just couldn't do that. (Although it didn't help that we didn't get a penalty to beat them at Anfield)

I do NOT think Everton had anything to do with it, as much as they are desperate to take credit. Even if we'd won the derby, the league was out of our reach, I think.

Oh, well. As usual we go again.
It was definitely gone before we played the Bitters. Regardless of what they think and say.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #207 on: May 12, 2024, 10:39:23 pm »
It was definitely gone before we played the Bitters. Regardless of what they think and say.
Yep. It was the United cup game for me. I know that strictly speaking it's not the league, but it put doubts in the players' minds, and then the league game there was the beginning of our downfall. Such dominance that counted for nothing in the end...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #208 on: May 12, 2024, 11:26:56 pm »
The mancs twice, the shite and Palace - all think they stopped us in the last few weeks. It’s their only take away from another insignificant season from the 3 of them.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: May 12, 2024, 11:55:05 pm »
Not that arsed about losing to the blue shite but failing to beat Utd in 3 attempts really hurts.  Palace and Atalanta at home were real kicks in the teeth.  It all went wrong though in the Utd cup game, that is when the seeds of doubt were sown.
We are Loyal Supporters