Author Topic: Xherdan Shaqiri - Sponsored by The Cube  (Read 450316 times)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: Xherdan Shaqiri - Sponsored by The Cube
« Reply #2440 on: June 28, 2020, 04:52:45 pm »
No 5 pal... We get 40 medals(for players and staff) and any player that has 5 appearances automatically gets one.

I don't know but Liverpool FC might apply for more considering Covid 19 and the 5 sub rule.
But there won't be enough medals left if Covid gets 19, mate...

;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2441 on: June 28, 2020, 07:04:31 pm »
And just to be clear, because many people seem to misunderstand this, while all players with 5+ appearances automatically get one, that doesn't mean that those with less than five automatically miss out. After all the 5+ players get theirs, any remaining medals can be handed out at the club's discretion. Knowing Klopp he would ensure that all players who played a part, even with less than 5 appearances, would get a medal.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2442 on: June 28, 2020, 07:18:00 pm »
And just to be clear, because many people seem to misunderstand this, while all players with 5+ appearances automatically get one, that doesn't mean that those with less than five automatically miss out. After all the 5+ players get theirs, any remaining medals can be handed out at the club's discretion. Knowing Klopp he would ensure that all players who played a part, even with less than 5 appearances, would get a medal.

Agree

Think Williams, Elliot, Jones will get to 5 barring injury.

Then it will all depend on how many backroom staff he wants to give them too. If any left over I think he will then give medals to Lonergan and Kelleher. Certainly Lonergan. All 4 keepers travel with the match day squad.

Also think Liverpool will try to get more medals.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 07:27:17 pm by Fordy »

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2443 on: June 29, 2020, 02:07:34 pm »
Would be really unlucky if he didn’t get his medal. I would be demoralised if it were me.

I am sort of disappointed things didn’t work out for Shaq. Sometimes it is just like that where a player doesn’t suit the club and it was no fault of his. He is not a Charlie Adam.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2444 on: July 12, 2020, 11:27:48 am »
Was ever really a Klopp type player so I'm not surprised it looks like being a short stay here for him.

Was worth the 13m fee for those goals against the Mancs and Everton alone though.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2445 on: July 12, 2020, 01:31:41 pm »
Was ever really a Klopp type player so I'm not surprised it looks like being a short stay here for him.

Was worth the 13m fee for those goals against the Mancs and Everton alone though.

And that assist to Gini against that famous Barca game
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2446 on: July 12, 2020, 01:32:48 pm »
Has he left? Has it been announced?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2447 on: July 12, 2020, 01:39:16 pm »

Why would he have left - he’s under contract.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2448 on: July 12, 2020, 01:43:33 pm »
Why would he have left - he’s under contract.
That's my point.

Some people seem to spend all their time wishing our players away. Pushing them out of the door.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #2449 on: July 12, 2020, 02:17:50 pm »

That's exactly what I thought when I came into this thread today.

Offline FilthyBloke

• Main Stander
  • We all live. That’s enough for me.
« Reply #2450 on: July 12, 2020, 03:01:09 pm »
I loved watching him when he played elsewhere. But since coming to us he’s never fit and doesn’t really fit in the system either.
Schadenfreude. Pretty much sums me up.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #2451 on: July 12, 2020, 04:15:17 pm »
No 5 pal... We get 40 medals(for players and staff) and any player that has 5 appearances automatically gets one.

I don't know but Liverpool FC might apply for more considering Covid 19 and the 5 sub rule.

Cheers

Always thought it was 12   ,  great to hear its only 5.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2452 on: August 24, 2020, 12:14:36 am »
Is Shaq injured again? Did not play on Saturday. Not seen on the latest training day pictures.
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #2453 on: August 24, 2020, 08:10:34 pm »
Very strange and no mention.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2454 on: August 24, 2020, 08:14:30 pm »
Very strange and no mention.

Klopp said today we have 1 or 2 injuries but didn't mention names.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2455 on: August 24, 2020, 11:08:35 pm »
Klopp said today we have 1 or 2 injuries but didn't mention names.
His constant injuries have clearly blocked his Liverpool career, and it's a bit of a mystery. On a superficial level, one look at his build doesn't exactly suggest underlying musculoskeletal issues. And he's no youngster and has played at this level for nearly a decade now, so it's not a case of him being overdeveloped like Traore and prone to issues. More confusing is that we signed him with Andreas Kornmayer knowing his fitness record inside out from Bayern, so there can't have been any concerns there. Maybe he's just been unlucky, who knows.

As has been said, he's no Charlie Adam and it'd be a shame to see his time with us fizzle out before it even got started. If he's happy to stay for another season and be part of the squad (and it seems he is) then why be so keen to get rid? He's under contract, wouldn't fetch a massive fee, and isn't blocking anyone's development.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2456 on: August 24, 2020, 11:40:13 pm »
It's a shame some tend to forget the impact he made here initially, and his assist for Wijnaldum's second in that match against Barca will forever make him a legend in my eyes.

A top player when he got the run of games. I'd hope to see more of him but if circumstances prevent it, at least we can all be sure as hell that he made his mark at the club.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2457 on: August 24, 2020, 11:41:48 pm »
It's a shame some tend to forget the impact he made here initially, and his assist for Wijnaldum's second in that match against Barca will forever make him a legend in my eyes.

A top player when he got the run of games. I'd hope to see more of him but if circumstances prevent it, at least we can all be sure as hell that he made his mark at the club.

And his brace against utd wasn't bad either!

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2458 on: August 24, 2020, 11:46:06 pm »
And that goal against the bitters. The sheer exuberance with which he pointed to where he wanted the ball, as if to say ''Put it there and I'm guarantee to score, these lot are shite''. And the ensuing celebrations

Keep him

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2459 on: August 25, 2020, 01:07:44 am »
He’s a useful part of my he squad when fit,  it if the quota numbers are true, and if we want to accommodate Thiago, Shaq may be the one to sacrifice. Dunno.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #2460 on: August 25, 2020, 10:02:27 am »
Really hope that, if he can stay fit, he stays with us. Very useful off the bench and offers something different to anyone else we've got.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2461 on: August 25, 2020, 10:26:13 am »
He's a quality player but remains a weird signing .... he's a forward who wants to come back to the ball but doesn't play centrally so doesn't have a natural slot in our system, he's also been injury prone throughout his career - and fuck knows what was going on last year he missed months often without any specific reason shared..

We've ended up with a weird roster of back up forwards (Origi, Shaqiri, Minamino and AOC on occasion) who have some qualities but who have very little in common with our front 3 or who fit easily into our system.
You'd have hoped this summer was the window we addressed this but maybe covid has put paid to that 

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2462 on: August 25, 2020, 10:53:16 am »
Is Shaq injured again? Did not play on Saturday. Not seen on the latest training day pictures.
But where is Shaqiri? 😅
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #2463 on: August 25, 2020, 05:05:05 pm »
In the stadium near Hendo today

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2464 on: August 25, 2020, 07:14:26 pm »
We need to get rid. He's never fit and he's stylistically not a good fit. Takes a place in our squad and wages that could be going to someone else. His very presence on the wage bill is the sort of inefficiency that we've mostly stamped out.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2465 on: August 25, 2020, 08:02:23 pm »
We need to get rid. He's never fit and he's stylistically not a good fit. Takes a place in our squad and wages that could be going to someone else. His very presence on the wage bill is the sort of inefficiency that we've mostly stamped out.
YNWA

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2466 on: August 25, 2020, 09:32:14 pm »
You speak as if he's a Swiss-Albanian Charlie Adam.

If, and I stress the if, Klopp is willing to entertain offers, it's because of his fitness issues nothing more. He's a quality player that "fit" well against Everton, United and Barcelona.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2467 on: August 25, 2020, 09:35:20 pm »
*whispers* that's twice now I've thrown out the Charlie Adam bait, just to see if Fordy's bot is still active...

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2468 on: August 25, 2020, 09:50:44 pm »
‘Get rid’ was unnecessarily harsh. I think we should be looking to move him on. And yes I’ll always remember the sun appearance against Utd and the very odd pub I was in surrounded by mancs when he won us the game. As for the content of my post though, I stand by it.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2469 on: August 26, 2020, 07:16:09 am »
*whispers* that's twice now I've thrown out the Charlie Adam bait, just to see if Fordy's bot is still active...

Fordy's changed personalities. Ever since he was sacrificed in a Mayan ritual.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #2470 on: August 26, 2020, 12:09:38 pm »
His disappearance for months at a time last season did seem very odd.

Around October-November time I believe he had a hair transplant which probably explained why he was keeping away from cameras etc.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2471 on: August 26, 2020, 12:51:01 pm »
I would keep him given the circumstances. Yes, he may not be an ideal fit, but we are short on quality, experienced attacking options.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2472 on: August 28, 2020, 08:57:12 am »
There won't be may teams sniffing if he's still injured so he'll be staying another year.

If he can keep fit he does at least add something to the attack but I think Klopp never sees a like for like for either Mane or Salah and offers very little defensively hence his limited game time.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2473 on: August 28, 2020, 06:47:09 pm »
He seems to be something of a lucky charm with most of his clubs.  Wins a hatful of honours even though he's usually only a bit part player.  Maybe if he played more regularly or moved him on we'd do worse. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2474 on: August 28, 2020, 07:28:55 pm »
I would keep him given the circumstances. Yes, he may not be an ideal fit, but we are short on quality, experienced attacking options.

The issue is that we lack left footed attacking options beyond Salah. Elliott is still very raw, so Shaqiri is it.  I think he is much more useful than people give him credit for, it’s just unfortunate his injuries have limited his playing time. I’m sure he’s as frustrated as anyone else, but he keeps his head down and doesn’t complain at all.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2475 on: August 28, 2020, 07:41:05 pm »
i like him good wee player .. hope he gets some more game time....,strange how never see him :-\

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2476 on: August 28, 2020, 07:52:54 pm »
i like him good wee player .. hope he gets some more game time....,strange how never see him :-\

It's not strange when he's been plagued with injuries for the last 12 months.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2477 on: August 28, 2020, 08:04:36 pm »
It's not strange when he's been plagued with injuries for the last 12 months.
their was a rumor he was of because having a hair transplant :-X?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2478 on: August 28, 2020, 08:06:54 pm »

Hair was a rumor? I think it was true.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2479 on: August 28, 2020, 08:08:25 pm »

I had no idea hair transplants were the reason he was having consistent calf injuries through out the year.