Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW - Liverpool v Manchester City - 10 March 2024, 15:45 - Sky Sports  (Read 26971 times)

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
The media will be too scared to say anything.
Not if Trent hadn't pulled his punches. "Ours mean more" is just vague and innocuous. Even the word 'financial' doesn't really mean much without explicit context.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2024, 08:00:30 pm by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Not if Trent had not pulled his punches. "Ours mean more" is just vague and innocuous.

The media have twisted it to suit some narrative but still not mentioned the cheating.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
The media have twisted it to suit some narrative but still not mentioned the cheating.
Which was exactly my point.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Which was exactly my point.

I think the pundits will be under strict orders not to mention it though. Even if they wanted too.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
Not that he would for obvious reasons, but let's imagine if he'd have said...

"Listen, everyone knows they're cheats, the whole club, I mean their owners are a Middle East state, and it's well known they spent a decade fabricating hugely inflated sponsorships, reporting grossly exaggerated income and home attendances, and for the last 6 years even refused to cooperate with the Premier League investigating these fraudulent practices - hence the 115 charges against them. God knows what's gone on since 2018. So as far as I and everyone at Liverpool is concerned, any trophies we have won during this period, are actually legitimate and mean more to us and our fans than any of City's soulless mercenaries."

What would the media report then? Ignore it or talk about the clubs being title rivals and City's players all having a little circle group with chamomile tea to discuss the mean and hurtful slurs aimed at their benevolent employers?
« Last Edit: March 9, 2024, 08:11:22 pm by rossipersempre »

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
I think the pundits will be under strict orders not to mention it though. Even if they wanted too.
And therein lies the problem, the elephant in the room.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

"Listen, everyone knows they're cheats, the whole club, I mean their owners are a Middle East state, and it's well known they spent a decade fabricating hugely inflated sponsorships, reporting grossly exaggerated income and home attendances, and for the last 6 years even refused to cooperate with the Premier League investigating these fraudulent practices - hence the 115 charges against them. God knows what's gone on since 2018. So as far as I and everyone at Liverpool is concerned, any trophies we have won during this period, are actually legitimate and mean more to us and our fans than any of City's soulless mercenaries."

What would the media report then? Ignore it or talk about the clubs being title rivals and City's players all having a little circle group with chamomile tea to discuss the mean and hurtful slurs aimed at their benevolent employers?

They won't report it in the same way because City have denied it. Until to it's proven most papers will say little, once it's proven it's a different matter.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen

They won't report it for fear of legal ramifications. Sky will hope they aren't found guilty as it is their brand.

And can we trust the PL to punish them when they are in bed with the Government?
« Last Edit: March 9, 2024, 08:23:26 pm by Nick110581 »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
They won't report it for fear of legal ramifications. Sky will hope they aren't found guilty as it is their brand.

And can we trust the PL to charge them when they are in bed with the Government?

Erm, they have charged them? 115 charges?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen

I mean punish them properly.

A fine would be pointless.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
I mean punish them properly.

A fine would be pointless.

They have to prove it first though, rumours are a date has been selected in the autumn.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
They have to prove it first though, rumours are a date has been selected in the autumn.

You can predict what will happen.

'Don't do that again and here is a £100 million fine and transfer ban'.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!

Given the corruption in this government and the links to the middle east I am not holding my breath for anything to come from it. They will be pressurised to wash over it somehow.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Given the corruption in this government and the links to the middle east I am not holding my breath for anything to come from it. They will be pressurised to wash over it somehow.

Yes without doubt pressure will be put on like it was with the Saudi takeover of Newcastle.

If that happens then for me what’s the point anymore.

Newcastle will then no doubt go well what is good for them is good for us and they have way way way more money than City too.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

'Don't do that again and here is a £100 million fine and transfer ban'.

It won't be that simple for them to do just that, if they're found guilty they will have to punish them in a way that actually affects them and sends out a message. It will be as much about stopping anyone else from doing the same. Especially as new rules are coming in from Europe, this will force them to do something serious. Then there are the other clubs who will hold them to account.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
It won't be that simple for them to do just that, if they're found guilty they will have to punish them in a way that actually affects them and sends out a message. It will be as much about stopping anyone else from doing the same. Especially as new rules are coming in from Europe, this will force them to do something serious. Then there are the other clubs who will hold them to account.

They will appeal whatever happens anyway.

I have no faith in any of it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

The government won't be here for much longer by the time the result comes out from the case we'll have a Labour government.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
We're good enough to beat them without Mo starting. I would prefer him coming on in the second half.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
They won't report it in the same way because City have denied it.
They have to prove it first though,
Media report on ongoing charges all the time, not just post-verdict.

Also don't forget that City apparently have "irrefutable evidence" to prove their innocence. Strangely, they still haven't provided it to the PL to have the charges revoked.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Media report on ongoing charges all the time, not just post-verdict.

Also don't forget that City have "irrefutable evidence" to prove their innocence. Strangely, they haven't provided it to the PL to have the charges revoked.

It's not taken place yet they are gathering evidence, as they have to interview a number of people before it goes to the proper body, a couple of journalists have hinted that will be this autumn. While Nick is right City will appeal if found guilty the pressure will gather very quickly to bring them to account.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
We're good enough to beat them without Mo starting. I would prefer him coming on in the second half.

I can't decide what I would prefer.

If he doesn't start then do we play Elliott there?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
The government won't be here for much longer by the time the result comes out from the case we'll have a Labour government.
Would that really change anything? Weapons, oil, high-tech always takes priority...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
I can't decide what I would prefer.

If he doesn't start then do we play Elliott there?
We can start Darwin, Gakpo and Diaz.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
Is there any chance we are allowed to play our £400k a week striker or are we being told we can't
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
We can start Darwin, Gakpo and Diaz.

Gakpo playing from the left?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Would that really change anything? Weapons, oil, high-tech always takes priority...

It will have too, as it will be the biggest news in world football and football is a big world now. If someone finally brings City to account it's get exceptionally big very quickly and a lot of pressure will build on a lot of people, including the Government. They will have to prove that making football cleaner is something that has to be finally done.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
Gakpo playing from the left?
Darwin on the left, Gakpo in the middle and Diaz on the right because Walker is too quick and strong for Gakpo.

Also Diaz can exploit the lack of pace on the left hand side of their team.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
It will have too, as it will be the biggest news in world football and football is a big world now. If someone finally brings City to account it's get exceptionally big very quickly and a lot of pressure will build on a lot of people, including the Government. They will have to prove that making football cleaner is something that has to be finally done.

You have too much faith in society.

The punishment will be agreed before it is announced anyway. I would lay money on it being a fine and transfer ban.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
You have too much faith in society.

The punishment will be agreed before it is announced anyway. I would lay many on it being a fine and transfer ban.

Whatever Nick.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Darwin on the left, Gakpo in the middle and Diaz on the right because Walker is too quick and strong for Gakpo.

Also Diaz can exploit the lack of pace on the left hand side of their team.

Personally, I hope Mo starts.

Gakpo hasn't played that well recently and this match is huge.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
Personally, I hope Mo starts.

Gakpo hasn't played that well recently and this match is huge.
So do I IF he's fit for 90 minutes. If he's not fully match fit, I'd prefer him coming on.

Their left hand side is their weak link really and where we should be focusing our efforts. That's why I don't mind Gakpo in the middle.

Grav is a big miss though because this game suits him to a tee. I'd rather start Elliott instead of Endo because against them, you need technical players in the middle.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2024, 08:46:34 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
That's the optimistic view, I hope it happens. But should Abu Dhabi threaten the collapse of a multi-million arms deal, or limit oil supplies, or something of that nature, do you really think the government - Labor or Tory - will focus on football?

Sweden joined NATO not because of the "supporting terrorists" rhetoric from Turkey was resolved, but because Turkey got their F16s from the US. And Hungary got their planes from Sweden. Tit for tat. Unfortunately, football is not that big yet.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
So do I IF he's fit for 90 minutes. If he's not fully match fit, I'd prefer him coming on.

Their left hand side is their weak link really and where we should be focusing our efforts. That's why I don't mind Gakpo in the middle.

Who will be left for them? Ake?

Mo won't be fit for 90 minutes but it is a flip of a coin in all honesty. Do you start him and hope to blow them away or do you hope it is cagey and still in balance and bring him on early?

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
Who will be left for them? Ake?

Mo won't be fit for 90 minutes but it is a flip of a coin in all honesty. Do you start him and hope to blow them away or do you hope it is cagey and still in balance and bring him on early?
We are not likely to blow them away so based on probabilities, him coming on would be better.

Not sure who would be on the left but there's something about their teamshape and the profile of players covering that space that makes them vulnerable in that area. I noticed it in the games I've watched them play this year.

Maybe we can play Diaz on the right and have Darwin running into that channel from a centreforward position.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2024, 08:50:12 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can you? Wasn't too long ago there were people adamant that the PL would just brush this under the carpet. "Nothing will happen". Then the PL slapped down 115 charges and it's still the same story.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
We are not likely to blow them away so based on probabilities, him coming on would be better.

Not sure who would be on the left but there's something about their teamshape and the profile of players covering that space that makes them vulnerable in that area.

It will be interesting to see if Pep plays an extra midfielder tomorrow? Maybe Kovacic in with Rodri and then Silva, KDB, Foden and Halland?

Their defensive shape is weird as it is 3 at back now but sometimes it is 4 and Stones / Akanji step into midfield. 

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Jesus Christ. People calling for Gakpo start.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
It will be interesting to see if Pep plays an extra midfielder tomorrow? Maybe Kovacic in with Rodri and then Silva, KDB, Foden and Halland?

Their defensive shape is weird as it is 3 at back now.
The big boys will start in the middle. Silva, Rodri and De Bruyne.

Their shape is weird but on the right hand side, Walker has the pace to cover it anyway.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
Who should start? Danns??

You can't throw a kid into a game of this magnitude.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen

I don't see it myself but you can see the argument for it.