Author Topic: Bobby Clark  (Read 27986 times)

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
Re: Bobby Clark
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2024, 01:03:18 pm »
Sub-optimal playing Curtis there and he is better as an 8
Stefan hasn't been available for ages
Tyler on loan
Tyler and Curtis not as defensively focused
At present we are playing both Endo and Mac and Mac is doing well as an 8
No brainer for McConnell to be at least on bench every match atm
Anyway it’s all opinions

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2024, 01:15:38 pm »
That interview with his dad was great, he was so proud.

Really like the look of Clark, he's already very good at using his body to shield/win the ball and is very mobile and technical.  A proper modern midfielder.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2024, 01:35:49 pm »
Haven't watched the video so this may be verbatim, but a first person article by his dad.

https://archive.is/GwAPO

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2024, 05:30:13 pm »
Haven't watched the video so this may be verbatim, but a first person article by his dad.

That's bloody good. Thanks 6.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2024, 08:16:10 pm »
He's going to be getting some good minutes the next 3 weeks.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2024, 08:45:10 pm »

Raised the right way, as long as he stays humble he’s got a great future ahead of him

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2024, 09:07:47 pm »

"'How did I feel when I left Wembley? I was sky high. I told Bobby how proud of him I was and of what he has achieved. I said: “I tried for over 20 years and nowt, and you’ve done it in a couple of months, you bugger!”’

:lmao

Lee Clark comes across fantastically in that article!

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2024, 12:52:40 pm »

Thats a really good read, thanks for posting!

Makes me a bit worried about all the changes that'll come with a new manager. Hopefully we can keep the youth development going in the same way.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2024, 01:09:44 pm »
"'How did I feel when I left Wembley? I was sky high. I told Bobby how proud of him I was and of what he has achieved. I said: “I tried for over 20 years and nowt, and you’ve done it in a couple of months, you bugger!”’

Yes, very down to earth.  He's done the rounds as a manager and I'm guessing managing Blyth Spartans would soon find you out if you were a big time Charlie.

What I like about all our academy players in recent years is that they're brave on the ball.  They don't just offload responsibility to a teammate or recycle the ball pointlessly with simple passes - the prototype of English academy players.  All are happy to take the space and look for progressive passes, and Clark is probably the pick of the latest bunch at the moment.  I expect while we're all fretting over the Injury News topic, Clark is making plans to be a regular even once the bigger boys are available again.

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2024, 01:42:33 pm »

Proud dad,  it’s not always that way but speaks volumes for the way he is in life and that has rubbed off on the young fella. Bobby will be top notch

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2024, 02:19:51 pm »
What I like about all our academy players in recent years is that they're brave on the ball.  They don't just offload responsibility to a teammate or recycle the ball pointlessly with simple passes - the prototype of English academy players.  All are happy to take the space and look for progressive passes, and Clark is probably the pick of the latest bunch at the moment.  I expect while we're all fretting over the Injury News topic, Clark is making plans to be a regular even once the bigger boys are available again.

Absolutely. That's so important.

I may be imagining this, but I think I can recall the bench having a word with McConnell soon after he got on. He was understandably nervous and his first few touches were not what was needed. They were so "safe" that they were inviting Chelsea pressure. But the lad instantly pulled his socks up, relaxed and became positive and more courageous. He performed a gorgeous turn to beat the press in the second half of extra time. And then just kept consuming space until Chelsea decided to stop their retreat.

(I'm pretty certain that Jurgen had a special word with Tsimikas too before extra time because he - unusually - was playing very conservatively in his first few minutes. There was a long conversation, put it that way. Tsimikas was a different player after the break).
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2024, 09:58:47 pm »
The real deal.

Loved his quick passing and pressing tonight.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
« Reply #132 on: February 28, 2024, 09:59:35 pm »
Brilliant
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: February 28, 2024, 09:59:37 pm »
He looks every bit the part. Very good prospect.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: February 28, 2024, 09:59:42 pm »
He's going to be good. Need to add a bit of muscle in pre season though.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2024, 10:00:31 pm »
What a performance from him! Pressing monster, crisp passing, brave on the ball. Think we'll see plenty more of him this season.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2024, 10:01:09 pm »
He's going to be good. Need to add a bit of muscle in pre season though.
The Samie Kebab diet. 8)
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2024, 10:02:55 pm »
Really impressed with him, think he’s gonna be a huge talent

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2024, 10:03:35 pm »
Really impressed with him, think he’s gonna be a huge talent

and look at the midfielders he has to learn from as well

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2024, 10:03:42 pm »
Good game from a top top talent.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2024, 10:05:10 pm »
He's in the first team squad now and he's no longer  a "young lad".

That's the silver lining for us having so many injuries.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2024, 10:05:36 pm »
He’s got a brilliant future ahead of him at Liverpool.

He was excellent tonight

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2024, 10:06:32 pm »
He was my MOTM tonight. I understand why Danns got it but for me Clark was our best player and he ran the game for long periods.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2024, 10:07:51 pm »
Looks like a real prospect!

Played really well tonight, MOTM.  He's part of the first team now.

Online Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2024, 10:08:06 pm »
Given his performances the past few weeks, I think he's played himself firmly into a rotational/bench option already.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2024, 10:10:19 pm »
The game passed him by for a period in the first half but by jingo he got himself front and centre again in that second half. Monstrous effort matched by some real quality.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2024, 10:11:34 pm »
The Samie Kebab diet. 8)

I don;t recommend that mate. Eden took my advice and became Fat Hazard.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2024, 10:11:35 pm »
The game passed him by for a period in the first half but by jingo he got himself front and centre again in that second half. Monstrous effort matched by some real quality.

He created the most chances of any player in the first half according to the stats so I’m not sure I agree
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2024, 10:20:14 pm »
He created the most chances of any player in the first half according to the stats so I’m not sure I agree

Struggled first 20, sandwiched between Gomez who was coming to terms with his new position and Kostas who started the game like he had downed a bottle of ouzo pre-match, but he was brilliant after that.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2024, 10:21:20 pm »
I love players that always seem to make the right decision and he's one of them, could have a big future here.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2024, 10:21:23 pm »
Probably starts at the weekend right? Macallister, him and Elliot. Obviously it'd be good if Endo were fit but perhaps not likely.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2024, 10:31:55 pm »
Plays like a veteran on the ball, so much composure.
AHA!

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2024, 10:37:57 pm »
Really rate him, so brave on the ball and impacts the game well, looks ready to step up at any point

Offline BeingJohnMarkovic

• Anny Roader
  • Its All In The Game
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2024, 10:38:46 pm »
Loved his game tonight. Could do with bulking up a little but he's a real talent.
It ain't what you takin', it's who you takin' from, ya feel me? How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2024, 10:38:53 pm »
Really good tonight. Grew into the game. Made the important first goal. Big future
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2024, 10:41:36 pm »
He could play in the league you know and I wouldn't bat an eye. Theirs a lot of positive energy about the academy and he has gone slightly under the radar because of how mature he is on and off the ball. Constantly on the move, pressing and harrying and he has wonderful technique for a good pass but knows when to keep it simple. So impressive and one that looks ready to be a genuine starting option week in week out.
Loads of similarities between him and Harvey wherein they both always run their socks off, always show for the ball and retain it impressively even under pressure. Only Clark's around 90 appearances behind. He'll be a top player him.

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Kopite
« Reply #156 on: February 28, 2024, 10:50:24 pm »
League is probably too soon especially away from Anfield. All our young players get the extra confidence from the home crowd which they don't get away from home. He's good today but not Bajcetic good or Jones good when they debuted, if that makes any sense. Hope Endo recovers.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #157 on: February 28, 2024, 10:56:40 pm »
He could step it up with Mac on the pitch. Difficult for him with such an experimental/inexperienced midfield first half but he grew into it.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: February 29, 2024, 09:30:44 am »
Plays with a composure that belies his years. I would be happy to see him start alongside Endo and Macca in the next game.
Justice for the 96!

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: February 29, 2024, 10:56:50 am »
3/12 ground duels won i wouldn't really want him starting too much
he done well & will improve as he gets stronger physically