Author Topic: Real Madrid  (Read 2381 times)

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
Real Madrid
« on: September 29, 2021, 06:58:06 pm »
I couldn't find a dedicated Real thread on here. Please merge if there is one  :wave

Looks like they're also in a bit of a rough patch - losing to Sheriff Tiraspol is not what you'd expect from Los Merengues. That their spine that carried them to all those Champions League titles in the 2010s are now either gone (Ronaldo and Ramos) or on the upper side of 30 (Bale, Benzema, Kroos, Marcelo and Modric with the addition of Hazard since) won't help either. Realistically Ancelotti has also seen his best days as a manager, while also Alaba and Casemiro are closing in on 30. They might fix a lot of their issues by double swooping for Mbappé and Haaland next summer but realistically this season could still be quite rough to them if the La Liga teams have a go.

While their finances are certainly in better order than Barcelona, if the league declines, then likely so will they.

What do you think? Are the days of Real truly contending for the Champions League at the very least at a pause?
Linudden.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Real Madrid
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 07:08:55 pm »

What do you think? Are the days of Real truly contending for the Champions League at the very least at a pause?

For the next couple years at least, they need to rebuild their squad into something which can be competitive. But they'll be back, they have massive appeal to lots of players and their income is still competitive with the other big European clubs.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2021, 07:56:35 pm »
No doubt they'll be back but they've really bet on the old horses and in Europe that seems to be coming back to bite them at this stage. In La Liga I guess they can get away with being a bit pedestrian.
Linudden.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #3 on: October 1, 2021, 04:33:26 pm »
I think it'll be Atleti's to lose this season, Sevilla also looking good. On the one hand it's a shame to see two of European Football's Royalty struggling as they are, on the other hand though, they've both behaved like a gang of tossers for well over a decade now, so fuck 'em.

They have some shoots of recovery, Vinicius is finally starting to pull the final ball and finishing together, Benzema is having a Lewandowassance (where a player inexplicably gets better in their early-mid 30s) and looks good for another couple of season at least, Militao is improving and Valverde is a good midfielder, Casemiro still going strong.

It doesn't excuse that the team still looks like it needs gutting and fairly brutal restructuring that would've happened this summer had covid not interfered.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 1, 2021, 04:35:05 pm »
They are coming back, its a slow process but Camavinga is the start, then Mbappe nailed on going there in summer and probably Haaland joining him.

They will never go away, they are still the draw for the best players on the Planet.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #5 on: October 1, 2021, 04:37:23 pm »
Benzema is an interesting case because it seems like when his head is really in it, he's a force of nature but can also go off the boil if it's not quite there. He's had some really poor seasons while at Real but has still hung on to be their main striker. It feels like the presence of Ronaldo basically made him the second fiddle to such a degree that he lost his confidence except for a random bounce in 2015-16.

If he'd gone somewhere without Ronaldo back when being young I think he'd scored a lot more goals in his career for sure.
Linudden.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #6 on: October 1, 2021, 05:01:43 pm »
They will never go away

Like fucking cockroaches.

Horrible shithouse of a club.

And their government will always corruptly bail them out.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #7 on: October 1, 2021, 06:13:59 pm »
My heart bleeds for the corrupt state-owned regal football club

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 1, 2021, 07:14:38 pm »
Echo the sentiments in here but it has to be said that winning the Champions League three years in a row is an unbelievable  achievement.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 1, 2021, 09:55:41 pm »
Echo the sentiments in here but it has to be said that winning the Champions League three years in a row is an unbelievable  achievement.
Nothing unbelievable about the utter shithousery in Kiev that targeted Mo and Karius, taking out our most dangerous weapon and weakest link.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: October 1, 2021, 09:59:20 pm »
Hope if they fuck off to a Super League, their European Cup record is revoked. We will just be one behind Ac Milan.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #11 on: October 1, 2021, 10:22:10 pm »
Atletico favorites?  They lucked into a huge lead last year then when reality caught up to them it took Barca dropping points inexplicably to win and they've been average so far this year as well.  I'd say Madrid are the favorites assuming Carlo can even be bothered half the time.  Then next year they'll have Mbappe to go with Camavinga to start a renewal.  Think they're setup pretty well and while they do have money issues it's no where near as bad as Barca's and also is coinciding with what is seemingly an overall downturn in La Liga in that most of these teams aren't very good. Seemingly Betis is the best team by xG so yeah.......

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2021, 11:07:21 am »
Their new pitch system..

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/epef95O-EwY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/epef95O-EwY</a>

https://youtu.be/epef95O-EwY
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2021, 08:52:37 pm »
Wow that looks impressive, i thought they were improving the facade around the stadium with a roof, no wonder it's costing so much, pretty much will be the best multipurpose stadium in Football, eat your heart out Daniel Levy.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2021, 09:28:41 pm »
Wow that looks impressive, i thought they were improving the facade around the stadium with a roof, no wonder it's costing so much, pretty much will be the best multipurpose stadium in Football, eat your heart out Daniel Levy.

Bollocks, what about Bramley Moor with its integrated shit works?

Seriously, IF all that shit works it will be some stadium.  Bloody big IF though.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2021, 10:10:38 pm »
I could never be an engineer, that looks incredibly complex and high tech.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2021, 09:38:50 am »
Karim Benzema has been given a one year suspended prison sentence and fined €75,000 for his involvement in the attempted blackmail of former teammate Mathieu Valbuena over a sex tape.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2021, 09:46:56 am »
Seems a lenient sentence as won’t affect his life in the slightest. A few days’ salary and keep out of criminal courts for 12 months, he’ll be Gallic shrugging and smirking.

Even before Kiev, never liked the sleazy scumbag (not just this, the underage prostitute case along with Ribery) and astonished how he’s ended up having that longevity at Madrid.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2021, 01:21:24 pm »
what a scumbag, fuck his football, dude is dirt
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2021, 01:31:28 pm »
Suspended sentence = you got off!