Author Topic: Tempted to Quit RAWK  (Read 12172 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Tempted to Quit RAWK
« Reply #80 on: October 6, 2021, 09:06:57 am »
Just want to thank people on here for their support.

I didn't start this thread to be attention seeking, or a cry for help, because I was overreacting, or to grandstand. I had something to say that I felt needed to be said, and as a long standing member I felt I had a responsibility to call out the bad behaviour that's increasingly become the norm.

Without us, this place is nothing; so we want to make it something decent. "Better than Twitter" isn't much of an argument.  It's better to live in a barn than a latrine, but we can do better than a barn!

There are no dummies in here (okay, maybe one or two ;) ), and it's tiresome seeing the same people get involved in the same fights, rehashing the same arguments over and over. It's a downward spiral that resolves nothing and just hurts everyone.

We shouldn't have to take a break when it's the behaviour of others bringing the place down I don't want to leave, so I'm just hoping people take their blinkers off and remember where they are.

I guess this can be locked now if the mods wish. I've said all I feel needs to be said. That said, others might want to vent also. :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #81 on: October 6, 2021, 07:46:23 pm »
I’m only here for the ticket exchange and that’s been gone for ages.
I just stick around to perv over the stand construction.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: October 8, 2021, 06:23:49 pm »
I`ve recently put my first person on Ignore (i can`t even recall who, but it`s not you mate),

Killie.  Just in case you aren't seeing Nicks posts for any reason.

Don’t quit Paul, I know this place has helped you at times. Take some time away if needed, or just steer clear from some of the threads you know will be full of aggro but don’t delete in haste and then find you miss it!

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #83 on: October 8, 2021, 06:51:57 pm »
I just don't take RAWK as seriously as others seem to do. It's a forum on the internet at the end of the day.
Since I hung up my Mod Boots this is also my view, although I can understand why some people do take it more seriously.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: October 8, 2021, 07:29:49 pm »
Since I hung up my Mod Boots this is also my view, although I can understand why some people do take it more seriously.

Yep, that's sound advice Tony mate.
Some people  must.have.their.say.   .It's as if RAWK is their personal football advice centre. Amongst other things.
How's things?

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: October 8, 2021, 07:51:27 pm »
How's things?
I'm now in a far "better place" these days, as most of you in the staff room know, I was going through a hard time during the last couple of years as a mod and unfairly took it out on some of you.

In fact I'm so good these days that I'm now back working full time, even though I can go on full pension anytime I want, and it's not a shitty UK pension either ;)

Alcohol intake has drastically decreased as well, but still enjoy the odd glass, though. Once the Covid crap is over, and I get my Belgian passport sorted I shall be over and hopefully will grab a pint with some of you again.

Still can't believe that even though I served 12 years in the RAF, I'll still need a Belgian passport to visit my family and friends...

edit - the part about saying I took it out on some of you does not imply to the way I acted as a Mod though. :P
« Last Edit: October 8, 2021, 07:53:34 pm by Pheeny »

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: October 8, 2021, 08:33:26 pm »
That's good to hear Pheeny. We never overlapped as Mods but I do remember your anguish over the factory lay-off.
The years have flown!
Take care.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: October 8, 2021, 09:46:14 pm »
That's good to hear Pheeny. We never overlapped as Mods but I do remember your anguish over the factory lay-off.
The years have flown!
Take care.
Looking back the factory closing was not only the best thing that happened for me but also for many here, possibly because we have a far better Government than the UK...

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #88 on: October 8, 2021, 11:10:14 pm »
Looking back the factory closing was not only the best thing that happened for me but also for many here, possibly because we have a far better Government than the UK...

Well that's not difficult. >:(

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 9, 2021, 11:29:07 pm »
The toxicity in this place is becoming too much. It's not just lines in the sand, it's people at each other's throats. Disagreements are one thing; disliking individuals is inevitable. This is outright hate, and I don't want any part of that.

Too many high horses, accusations all over the place; being nice in one thread and a complete bastard in another. And nothing seems to resolve it. There's only so many times you can lock a thread.

People shouldn't be afraid to voice opinions. Yeah, it's the internet, but in a place like this you'd think people would know better. But then I'm almost certainly guilty of piling on too.

Not sure if I can turn to this place and ask for support anymore, when there's all this black and white thinking going on. Really thinking of scrambling my own password to remove the temptation to try and log back in..

Without tolerance, on all sides, we'll rip this place - and each other - to shreds. I'd rather not bear witness to that.

You should have seen this place when we were shite!

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2021, 12:22:15 am »
I swerve this place most of the time as I can't be arsed with the holier than thou gang that seem to be in every thread these days, especially the Covid thread. There used to be a group that was everywhere that was a right laugh, Macca, Mouth, Chopper Capon, Harvest fields, Nick, Brian Blessed, ACHP. Now its the likes off Wabalooh (or what ever the fuck he calls himself) Welshred, Craig, Sangria, Classycarra etc who just go around telling people off like naughty fucking kids if they have a different view to them. It's pathetic and a shame as the rest of the site is sound, although I don't go into the politics threads so no idea what kind of vitriol goes on in there. I did put all those on ignore but when I do actually look at Rawk I still do it through Tapatalk but can't log in that way so the ignore function doesn't work unfortunately.

Rawk still has plenty to offer, as have you Red Berry so my advice would be to stick around but ignore the posters or threads that do your head in.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 12:25:03 am by Shady Craig »

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2021, 12:41:56 am »
I swerve this place most of the time as I can't be arsed with the holier than thou gang that seem to be in every thread these days, especially the Covid thread. There used to be a group that was everywhere that was a right laugh, Macca, Mouth, Chopper Capon, Harvest fields, Nick, Brian Blessed, ACHP. Now its the likes off Wabalooh (or what ever the fuck he calls himself) Welshred, Craig, Sangria, Classycarra etc who just go around telling people off like naughty fucking kids if they have a different view to them. It's pathetic and a shame as the rest of the site is sound, although I don't go into the politics threads so no idea what kind of vitriol goes on in there. I did put all those on ignore but when I do actually look at Rawk I still do it through Tapatalk but can't log in that way so the ignore function doesn't work unfortunately.

Rawk still has plenty to offer, as have you Red Berry so my advice would be to stick around but ignore the posters or threads that do your head in.
Hiya mate :) just had a search to see when we'd had any interaction. Think you have me confused with someone else as I haven't told you off. It must just be because I took the piss out of you four months ago.

You were having a go at people talking positively about getting their kids vaccinated, got all high and mighty and asked 'have you heard yourself'. But then you talked yourself up for buying your kids cars. I thought it was pretty funny but sorry if my taking part in a bit of gentle piss taking wound you up.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2021, 01:08:59 am »
Hiya mate :) just had a search to see when we'd had any interaction. Think you have me confused with someone else as I haven't told you off. It must just be because I took the piss out of you four months ago.

You were having a go at people talking positively about getting their kids vaccinated, got all high and mighty and asked 'have you heard yourself'. But then you talked yourself up for buying your kids cars. I thought it was pretty funny but sorry if my taking part in a bit of gentle piss taking wound you up.
Thanks for proving my point 😂

This is exactly what you lot do in every thread, think you know fucking everything 🙄 for your information I had you all on ignore before that, but unfortunately you can still see my posts so obviously you and others must of quoted me, if you think I've said all this because of some Internet argument 4 months ago I really don't know what to say except grow the fuck up. Seriously as has been mentioned above so e of you seem to be in this Rawk bubble where you think people give a shit what is said on here. There's a real world out there lad, maybe you should try it instead of bei g camped in here 24/7 waiting to snipe at every opportunity.

Oh and I mentioned the car thing in context of taking something away that had recently been given to my kids like the loan the other fella threatened to recall from his kid if he didn't have the vaccine, again grow the fuck up if you think I need/want to big myself up to people on a football forum.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2021, 02:04:02 am »
Thanks for proving my point 😂

This is exactly what you lot do in every thread, think you know fucking everything 🙄 for your information I had you all on ignore before that, but unfortunately you can still see my posts so obviously you and others must of quoted me, if you think I've said all this because of some Internet argument 4 months ago I really don't know what to say except grow the fuck up. Seriously as has been mentioned above so e of you seem to be in this Rawk bubble where you think people give a shit what is said on here. There's a real world out there lad, maybe you should try it instead of bei g camped in here 24/7 waiting to snipe at every opportunity.

Oh and I mentioned the car thing in context of taking something away that had recently been given to my kids like the loan the other fella threatened to recall from his kid if he didn't have the vaccine, again grow the fuck up if you think I need/want to big myself up to people on a football forum.

You're grouping me in with a bubble of people I don't know or even speak to on here regularly, it's a bit odd. Same with saying I'm on here 24/7 (I've barely been on in the past few weeks).

Like I said before, it was the tiniest bit of gentle pisstaking at your expense. Wasn't even an argument from what I saw. Do you think you might be being a tiny bit thin-skinned, and holding a grudge over something quite small and inconsequential?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2021, 02:26:36 am »

Didn't realise you 2 were on the undercard. ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2021, 07:22:13 am »
While I definitely have a fondness for the site, and enjoy exchanging opinions with others, I certainly wouldn't be emotionally invested in the place.

As others have rightly pointed out, at the end of the day, it's just an Internet forum for strangers to debate and discuss things with each other

If said strangers want to argue the toss over certain talking points and insult each other in the process then they're welcome to tire their souls out

Usernames and Avatars bickering on the internet is as old as the internet itself. It's not something I'd be prepared to give any fucks to

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2021, 09:41:45 am »
While I definitely have a fondness for the site, and enjoy exchanging opinions with others, I certainly wouldn't be emotionally invested in the place.

As others have rightly pointed out, at the end of the day, it's just an Internet forum for strangers to debate and discuss things with each other

If said strangers want to argue the toss over certain talking points and insult each other in the process then they're welcome to tire their souls out

Usernames and Avatars bickering on the internet is as old as the internet itself. It's not something I'd be prepared to give any fucks to

Spoiler
click" border="0
[close]

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2021, 10:03:51 am »
:lmao

Fucking  hell
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2021, 02:41:21 pm »
Spoiler
click" border="0
[close]

Spoiler
Need a ruling from the garment industry, does the above count as underdrawers?
[close]
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2021, 03:46:31 pm »
Spoiler
Need a ruling from the garment industry, does the above count as underdrawers?
[close]
Spoiler
  fghfghghf" border="0

[close]

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2021, 04:12:29 pm »
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2021, 05:49:54 pm »
Fucking hell Capon

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2021, 05:55:46 pm »
It’s from Viz ;D

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2021, 06:29:26 pm »
It’s from Viz ;D

I was just eating my tea you twat. 🤢

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2021, 11:05:49 am »
Killie.  Just in case you aren't seeing Nicks posts for any reason.

;D ;D
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2021, 03:17:18 pm »

The covid thread was a whole different ball game, hence why i've not been back in there for a very long time now, but those you mention i had the sort of same crap as you with but actually interact with most of them ok outside of that specific thread, so have no problems no more really

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2021, 09:13:32 pm »
The covid thread was a whole different ball game, hence why i've not been back in there for a very long time now, but those you mention i had the sort of same crap as you with but actually interact with most of them ok outside of that specific thread, so have no problems no more really

You have to remember the Covid thread was different to any other, we’re literally discussing a subject there that is a matter of life and death, everyone probably knows someone whose had it and sadly people who died from it. I said it early in that thread that whatever gets said in that thread we should try to give each other the benefit of the doubt, there was an awful lot of people under an awful amount of stress worrying about themselves, their families and wider society and it was inevitably going to bring out the worst in people at times.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2021, 09:17:43 pm »
You have to remember the Covid thread was different to any other, we’re literally discussing a subject there that is a matter of life and death, everyone probably knows someone whose had it and sadly people who died from it. I said it early in that thread that whatever gets said in that thread we should try to give each other the benefit of the doubt, there was an awful lot of people under an awful amount of stress worrying about themselves, their families and wider society and it was inevitably going to bring out the worst in people at times.

It has in me, due to watching the corrupt top level Tories using it as a means to make money, Hancock should be jailed for what he has done, the unusable PPE is a hanging offence, the dodgy contracts to donors etc but worst of all is the decisions taken to try and make Bojo look good that have directly killed thousands of people.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2021, 09:58:29 pm »
I think Classycarra has done an awesome job in advising people in the covid thread and I have found his advice to be spot on. There has been so much misinformation about covid out there, that's it great to have a thread where you know you will get advice that's both accurate and not as prone to scare people unnecessarily. If people come in saying stuff for which there is little substance, then it's right it should be corrected.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #109 on: October 16, 2021, 10:07:57 pm »
I think Classycarra has done an awesome job in advising people in the covid thread and I have found his advice to be spot on. There has been so much misinformation about covid out there, that's it great to have a thread where you know you will get advice that's both accurate and not as prone to scare people unnecessarily. If people come in saying stuff for which there is little substance, then it's right it should be corrected.

Completely agree, and to bring it back to topic for me the Covid thread is a reason to stay on RAWK because it’s been some of the best of this forum; the help and advice some of the more knowledgeable on the forum have been able to give to those who have been unsure about a particular subject to do with the pandemic, be it what to do if someone caught the virus, dealing with the stress, debunking the miss information, vaccination or understanding the masses of data and statistics that have come out.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #110 on: October 16, 2021, 10:10:07 pm »

Last September we had a few regularly quoting Covid related shite from the likes of the Fat Emporer? And the Great Barrington Tory enablers.

No wonder there was a kick back.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2021, 09:01:41 am »
Then you have dickheads who are convinced I'm a Sean Astin lookalike with an extensive collection of speedo's

You just have to pick your battles on here I suppose ;D
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2021, 09:10:43 am »
Personally, I find the politics threads the most entertaining on here, most likely because I don't really have much skin in the game on that front.  RAWK is miles away from the real toxicity you can find elsewhere on the internet.

Can't comment on whether people think I'm part of that toxicity - I know I have my moments - but the amount of stuff I've learned about politics on RAWK is amazing (Not just directly, but because I read up on the stuff being posted by 'both sides') - except that's the strange thing at the moment, it's more factional - it's really just one side that seems to be splitting into ever decreasing circles. This seems to have come about by a few things; Frustration and despair by a Tory Government being in power for more than ten years and running the country into the ground. People being angry about Corbyn not being the promised one (And those that really opposed him) and people disappointed about the direction Labour is taking (With the opposite view from people that are hoping that Labour can improve)

I think the mods do a great job moderating, but once you get onto topics like sport, religion, politics and the like then it always has the potential to go off the rails. That such threads exist, can exist and will exist on a site like RAWK is a credit to the site I think. As has been said, if you look at the threads and views around these subjects in other places then they are an absolute cesspit of hate and vitriol.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2021, 11:47:02 am »
Can't comment on whether people think I'm part of that toxicity - I know I have my moments - but the amount of stuff I've learned about politics on RAWK is amazing

Fully agree with you there. I can be a belligerent little scrote at times too, but the amount of things I've learned on this forum is unreal. Truly enlightening, thought provoking, and insightful stuff that has served to completely reshape my world view. The current affairs regulars can be dogmatic at times, but in fairness, there's a good few of them who are well read and much more versed on things than the average Joe 

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2021, 01:18:39 pm »
Best to hold everyone in the same level of contempt, makes life easier due to forgetting who you liked last week, but hate this week, because this week they didn't agree with your selection for a subs bench or your in-depth analysis of a buttered scone.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2021, 02:11:22 pm »
Best to hold everyone in the same level of contempt, makes life easier due to forgetting who you liked last week, but hate this week, because this week they didn't agree with your selection for a subs bench or your in-depth analysis of a buttered scone.

Sorry and you are..?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2021, 10:26:35 am »
It's a good forum on the whole for me because of the multifarious topics to be found in Flagpole Corner....the footy side of things though has now become dominated by a handful of posters who seem to treat it as their own personal blogsite...and who appear to do fuckall else with their time other than haunt multiple threads, waiting to swoop with outrage on everyone and anyone with a different point of view to their own....free speech, open forum and all that...but you know...shut the fuck up once in a while
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2021, 10:46:12 am »
RAWK has some very intelligent posters and some very funny ones and is great source of news and advice. I do think some of the bans Ive had are ridiculous, but I would

Also has a few dickheads here who love trolling and arguing and generally act like condescending twats

I honestly think it would be better if we had some right of centre Tories.  It would be interesting to get in their head a little.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 11:00:18 am by Kenny's Jacket »
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2021, 10:49:10 am »
RAWK has some very intelligent posters and some very funny ones and is great source of news and advice. I do think some of the bank Ive had are ridiculous, but I would

Also has a few dickheads here who love trolling and arguing and generally act like condescending twats

I honestly think it would be better if we had some right of centre Tories.  It would be interesting to get in their head a little.

We've had a few but they all became insuffereable after a while.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2021, 10:59:54 am »
We've had a few but they all became insuffereable after a while.

ok thanks
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.