Author Topic: Gini Wijnaldum  (Read 59397 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Gini Wijnaldum
« Reply #320 on: September 18, 2021, 12:11:39 pm »
They need Verratti to be successful, he controls the midfield and the game, without him they struggle. The problem is, he is one of the most injury prone players in the world.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: September 18, 2021, 03:03:44 pm »
To clarify the direction of the quote,

https://www.football365.com/news/psg-mistake-liverpool-signing-wijnaldum-worn-out
I’m glad my friends are a little more supportive of me…

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: September 18, 2021, 10:16:46 pm »
I’m glad my friends are a little more supportive of me…

The friend was a certain Jordan Henderson  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #323 on: September 18, 2021, 10:31:31 pm »
The friend was a certain Jordan Henderson  ;D

Had he just scored a goal?

The language tends to be a bit colo(u)rful and vociferous in those circumstances...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: September 18, 2021, 11:05:52 pm »
He's going Full Torres over this
You never go full Torres.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: September 18, 2021, 11:09:01 pm »
Sounds like he misses us

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #326 on: September 19, 2021, 09:00:27 am »
Sounds like a journo was bored at work and just made some shit up :lmao

Not saying Gini is going to hit 2019-levels again but it sounds too spicy to be true.
Linudden.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: September 19, 2021, 12:59:42 pm »
Sounds like he misses us

As loads have found down the years, the grass isn't always greener.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #328 on: September 19, 2021, 01:46:15 pm »
What you see is what you get, you've made your bed, you better lie in it...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: September 19, 2021, 01:48:48 pm »
What you see is what you get, you've made your bed, you better lie in it...

Coincidentally, I'd just been reading an article on the underground (mask up or not?).

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/mask-not-mask-opinion-split-074530254.html
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #330 on: September 19, 2021, 01:52:22 pm »
He isn't exactly endearing himself to the PSG fans with his comments is he. I said last season it wasn't a given that he would go there and be successful. Klopp creates roles for players and we have an unbelievable team spirit. Players should realise that and stay loyal.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: September 19, 2021, 02:05:22 pm »
He isn't exactly endearing himself to the PSG fans with his comments is he. I said last season it wasn't a given that he would go there and be successful. Klopp creates roles for players and we have an unbelievable team spirit. Players should realise that and stay loyal.

Wijnaldum's success hasn't all been down to Klopp. He was Holland's top scorer during his last year or so with us. What it looks like is an object example of Paisley's adage, "letting a player lose their legs on someone else's pitch".
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #332 on: September 19, 2021, 08:37:40 pm »
I'm sure Gini's wiping his tears with his massive pay packet.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: September 19, 2021, 08:43:56 pm »
He always was a bit of a confidence player. Wonder how well he'll do with the supporters on his back?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #334 on: September 19, 2021, 09:17:11 pm »

They seem a rudderless side, with or without him. They're an unbalanced mess who have to accommodate all the star names and have a forward line that don't press.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #335 on: October 11, 2021, 11:18:47 am »
Has Gini realised the grass isn't always greener even quicker than most?

"I can't say I'm completely happy because the situation is not what I wanted. But that's football and I'll have to learn to deal with that. I'm a fighter. I have to stay positive and work hard to turn it around.
"I have played a lot in recent years, was always fit and also did very well. This is something different and that takes getting used to.
"I was really looking forward to the new step and then this happens. It is very difficult."

Via NOS.nl
https://nos.nl/collectie/13873/artikel/2401187-wijnaldum-niet-helemaal-happy-bij-psg-zorgelijk-als-je-niet-speelt
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: October 11, 2021, 11:25:16 am »
What a pity. He's a not great footballer that was put in a position to succeed by a great manager and now he's exposed. Sure the fans will keep him going though.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: October 11, 2021, 11:40:34 am »
I actually find it amazing Pochettino isn't using Gini more given he has a front three who barely press or track back. You'd think someone like him - who's also played as a number 10 - would be an automatic pick. Having said that, our midfield looks better than ever this season so who knows?

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: October 11, 2021, 11:46:36 am »
I actually find it amazing Pochettino isn't using Gini more given he has a front three who barely press or track back. You'd think someone like him - who's also played as a number 10 - would be an automatic pick. Having said that, our midfield looks better than ever this season so who knows?

It does? I was a pretty big critic of his last season but at points this season we've been crying out for his ability to cover ground and fill spaces. At the minute I'd rather Hendo and Gini or Fab and Gini than Fab and Hendo.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: October 11, 2021, 11:48:43 am »
I'd say so, yes. They're creating more chances and retaining more of the ball in most games, at least that I've seen.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: October 11, 2021, 11:52:25 am »

Verratti, Gueye and Herrera worked well against City. Verratti is their key man in there.

Surely he should be counting his blessings he didnt go to Barca at this point for half the money and stop complaining.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 11:55:18 am by Fromola »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #341 on: October 11, 2021, 11:56:35 am »
If we were letting him go we should have replaced him because otherwise we'll obviously miss what he offered.

This is the first time I've seen you mention this Fromola, but its bang on the money!  :wave

Have you considered absolutely spamming about 12 threads on the main board with the same thing?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: October 11, 2021, 12:00:17 pm »
I think we definitely missed Gini against City.

He's always been a key player in those kind of games where he can cover a lot of ground and sometimes just get his foot on the ball and simplify the game. I bet he was watching it at home and regretted not being there.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #343 on: October 11, 2021, 01:57:58 pm »
Wouldn’t be surprised if Newcastle are sniffing round Gini again soon, just the sort of short-term(ish) transfer they may be after for the time being - big enough name, succesful, proven in the PL.  And he’d certainly get the money he wants there!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #344 on: October 11, 2021, 02:06:21 pm »
Wouldn’t be surprised if Newcastle are sniffing round Gini again soon, just the sort of short-term(ish) transfer they may be after for the time being - big enough name, succesful, proven in the PL.  And he’d certainly get the money he wants there!

I had the same thought!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: October 11, 2021, 04:58:28 pm »
I think we definitely missed Gini against City.

He's always been a key player in those kind of games where he can cover a lot of ground and sometimes just get his foot on the ball and simplify the game. I bet he was watching it at home and regretted not being there.

We need someone of that scope, Thiago could have done it if fit. There's no escaping how poor he was last season though. He was in the midfield that got turned over badly by City last season at home as well (and played in all that run of 6 home defeats).

Online Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: October 11, 2021, 05:12:59 pm »
Verratti, Gueye and Herrera worked well against City. Verratti is their key man in there.

Herrera and Gueye have both been banging them in, too.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #347 on: October 12, 2021, 07:10:59 am »
Has Gini realised the grass isn't always greener even quicker than most?

"I can't say I'm completely happy because the situation is not what I wanted. But that's football and I'll have to learn to deal with that. I'm a fighter. I have to stay positive and work hard to turn it around.
"I have played a lot in recent years, was always fit and also did very well. This is something different and that takes getting used to.
"I was really looking forward to the new step and then this happens. It is very difficult."

Via NOS.nl
https://nos.nl/collectie/13873/artikel/2401187-wijnaldum-niet-helemaal-happy-bij-psg-zorgelijk-als-je-niet-speelt

awwww, bless  :wave

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: October 12, 2021, 01:39:02 pm »
Gini has been invited into Neymar's "I can't believe I ended up here instead of Barcelona" WhatsApp group.

But Mbappe is apparently still refusing to admit anyone into his "I can't wait to get the f%ck out of here" WhatsApp group.

There are unconfirmed reports that the PSG dressing room is a real barrel of laughs. No, really.  ???

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #349 on: October 12, 2021, 03:15:08 pm »
What a pity. He's a not great footballer that was put in a position to succeed by a great manager and now he's exposed. Sure the fans will keep him going though.
I don't know if he has been exposed as such, for me he was always a really good system player that we kind of overvalued. He could be great in certain scenarios, especially on those big matches where we would go blow for blow with the elite teams, but he had too many limitations (lack of vision, passing range, and creativity) that would render him ineffective when the opposition didn't want to trade punches, and just sit back. He was never going to be the transformative midfielder that PSG thought they were getting, and I can't be the only one surprised at how much they paid him. But I hope things go well for him, despite his latest comments he always seemed like a top lad, and he still is a really good player, and when the big matches come he will show his worth. Although hopefully that horrible plastic abomination of a club crash and burn in the group stages.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: October 12, 2021, 03:23:09 pm »
Gini is a confidence player. It's little wonder he was playing within his shell at a club like Newcastle but shone with us under Klopp.

As an aside, in terms of the really big clubs, it  increasingly seems as though the modern "fan" supports a player or players rather than the clubs they play for, so equally it's unsurprising Gini would struggle at PSG.

Popcorn's Art

Online Jake

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: October 12, 2021, 03:39:05 pm »
He took the dirty money, now he is miserable. Good.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #352 on: October 12, 2021, 04:43:06 pm »
His comments never really bothered me greatly, but I think what he said about getting abused was poor from him to be honest. The first concern of the players when it comes to fans should be of those in the ground, most of whom adored him, and I don't recall him praising them as he rightfully should. It's bad to see abuse online but what do you expect with the likes of twitter and instagram users etc.

I still wish him the best, just at a club that aren't PSG. Just wish we'd have offered him the contract he deserved after the Champions League win.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: October 12, 2021, 06:59:33 pm »

Would he want to go back to another relegation battle though?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: October 12, 2021, 08:35:05 pm »
Gini is a confidence player. It's little wonder he was playing within his shell at a club like Newcastle but shone with us under Klopp.

As an aside, in terms of the really big clubs, it  increasingly seems as though the modern "fan" supports a player or players rather than the clubs they play for, so equally it's unsurprising Gini would struggle at PSG.

He'd have most likely flopped badly at Barca given the mess of their squad. Gini is the type of player who is a good cog in a well oiled machine but needs the right set up around him. Our well oiled machine went to shit during last season and he had a dreadful few months of performances. PSG are an unbalanced team which doesn't suit him. It'd be the same if he turned up back at Newcastle in an average team (he was hit and miss there last time).

Would he rather be at Barca right now than PSG? Doubtful. Would he have rather took less money on a shorter contract to stay at Liverpool? Probably not because Barca was his main option before the PSG deal. Clearly what he really wanted was for Liverpool to offer him the contract he wanted to stay and he's still annoyed we didn't.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 08:38:31 pm by Fromola »

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: October 12, 2021, 08:41:06 pm »
He'd have most likely flopped badly at Barca given the mess of their squad. Gini is the type of player who is a good cog in a well oiled machine but needs the right set up around him. Our well oiled machine went to shit during last season and he had a dreadful few months of performances. PSG are an unbalanced team which doesn't suit him. It'd be the same if he turned up back at Newcastle in an average team (he was hit and miss there last time).

Would he rather be at Barca right now than PSG? Doubtful. Would he have rather took less money on a shorter contract to stay at Liverpool? Probably not because Barca was his main option before the PSG deal. Clearly what he really wanted was for Liverpool to offer him the contract he wanted to stay and he's still annoyed we didn't.

Well let's face it, Coutinho has hardly shined during his time there.

As for the contract issue, well as we all know, nobody forced him to leave. He might be annoyed the club didn't offer what he wanted, but it's easier to be annoyed at the club rather than kicking yourself for wishing you'd accepted less to stick around. As has been said, grass is greener...

Popcorn's Art

Online Jake

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: October 12, 2021, 09:27:47 pm »
He got offered millions of pounds to play football at a club that adored him, and he's a bang average footballer. He should have bitten our hands off the greedy ****

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #357 on: October 12, 2021, 09:40:26 pm »
He got offered millions of pounds to play football at a club that adored him, and he's a bang average footballer. He should have bitten our hands off the greedy ****

Other than prob disagreeing about him being bang average, although I didn't rate him like some did on here, I totally agree.

He wanted a last pay day, be it from us or elsewhere, he took the elsewhere offer and is now seeing how that tends to go.

For the vast majority we're the peak, players should learn this by now.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #358 on: October 12, 2021, 09:49:13 pm »
he's a bang average footballer.

;D
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: October 12, 2021, 09:49:48 pm »
Good player that put in a decent shift here.. Complains after a transfer to paris.. you can't really make it up
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.