Author Topic: Diogo Jota (Diogo José Teixeira da Silva)  (Read 546704 times)

Online RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Diogo Jota (Diogo José Teixeira da Silva)
« Reply #5200 on: March 17, 2024, 06:44:12 pm »
All because of a stupid fucking challenge

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5201 on: March 17, 2024, 06:46:21 pm »
I mean we scored three goals away from home, I’m not Jota being issued is the reason for our defeat.

Unless he can fix our casual attitude in the second half, bizarre tactics and substitutions and poor decision making.

Probably would have been more with him on.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #5202 on: March 17, 2024, 06:50:57 pm »
Probably would have been more with him on.
If we need to score more than three goals to win a game there’s others issues that need addressing.

Our attitude was abysmal that second half and some of the tactics and decisions compounded it.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5203 on: March 17, 2024, 07:00:28 pm »
If we need to score more than three goals to win a game there’s others issues that need addressing.

Our attitude was abysmal that second half and some of the tactics and decisions compounded it.

its about balance of play, momentum, 3-1 kills the game, we never once went up by more than one goal against them.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #5204 on: March 17, 2024, 07:01:00 pm »
its about balance of play, momentum, 3-1 kills the game, we never once went up by more than one goal against them.

He might have also done something up top defensively unlike certain subs
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Thé_Ḓárk_P̌áşşéngér

• RAWK Revolutionary.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Guns don't kill people, chimps do!
« Reply #5205 on: March 31, 2024, 11:50:08 pm »
I know we're sat in pole position, but we desperately need him back for the last few laps if we're going to claim our 20th and send Jurgen off with a top-of-the-podium finish. (I hate F1, btw.)
“Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.”

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5206 on: April 1, 2024, 02:22:54 pm »
I know we're sat in pole position, but we desperately need him back for the last few laps if we're going to claim our 20th and send Jurgen off with a top-of-the-podium finish. (I hate F1, btw.)
But a big fan of cliches apparently.

Offline sushared

• Main Stander
« Reply #5207 on: April 1, 2024, 06:30:04 pm »
wish Jota was in as early as possible, I really wanted him in yesterday. his purity of strike and cool head is unmatched, he would have finished the game long back before we had those scares.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5208 on: April 5, 2024, 11:26:42 am »
Jota will be crucial addition in the final stretch of games. Our fiorepower is TERRIFYING!
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Online kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5209 on: April 7, 2024, 06:09:18 pm »
save us diogo

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #5210 on: April 7, 2024, 06:10:32 pm »
Please return ASAP

Online Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5211 on: April 7, 2024, 06:10:40 pm »
Couple of those chances fall to him today and we come away with 3pts. Has ice in his veins and is clinical.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Online Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #5212 on: April 7, 2024, 06:22:30 pm »
Let’s hope it’s not shite talk and he is due back in training next week cause him being unavailable has knocked us out of the FA cup and dropped us points today.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2024, 07:31:21 pm by Big Dirk »
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #5213 on: April 7, 2024, 06:35:39 pm »
The quicker he’s back the better. He’d show these front 3 how to be ruthless in front of goal. I have no doubt if he was fit we’d have won today and the FA cup game would have been out of sight before Antony scored  :butt

Online Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5214 on: April 7, 2024, 06:53:57 pm »
When is he meant to be coming back?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5215 on: April 7, 2024, 06:55:22 pm »
When is he meant to be coming back?

Supposed to be back in parts of team training next week. Not sure when he'll be back in the team though.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5216 on: April 7, 2024, 06:55:32 pm »
Jota went like 38 games without scoring.  It happens to all strikers. Keep calm, don’t panic and over think stuff.

That’s all we need
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5217 on: April 7, 2024, 06:57:04 pm »
Supposed to be back in parts of team training next week. Not sure when he'll be back in the team though.

Needs to be pretty sharpish based on how we finish chances without him.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5218 on: April 7, 2024, 09:16:33 pm »
Can't come back soon enough. 1 shot, 1 goal which is exactly what we need.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5219 on: April 7, 2024, 09:17:39 pm »
Needs to be pretty sharpish based on how we finish chances without him.

Salah will still finish the season top scorer, I love Jota but he's never lasted the entire season. His injury record is the one downer.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5220 on: April 7, 2024, 09:31:51 pm »
If only he could stay fit for 25 of the 31 PL games we’ve played so far, we would be running away with the league.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #5221 on: April 7, 2024, 09:33:04 pm »
If only he could stay fit for 25 of the 31 PL games we’ve played so far, we would be running away with the league.

Or he could have had another period in which he couldn't hit a barn door.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5222 on: April 7, 2024, 09:34:26 pm »

True.

I should have said in the form he’s been in, this season.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5223 on: April 7, 2024, 09:35:40 pm »

Jota is two behind Nunez’s league total despite playing significantly less minutes. Its not even close who is better out of the two, especially in big games.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #5224 on: April 7, 2024, 09:40:02 pm »
Jota is two behind Nunez’s league total despite playing significantly less minutes. Its not even close who is better out of the two, especially in big games.

Nunez has 13 assist Jota has 4. It isn't as simple as you portray it.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5225 on: April 7, 2024, 09:44:34 pm »
Nunez has 13 assist Jota has 4. It isn't as simple as you portray it.

Again, minutes play a part as well. I would be confident that Jota gets more goals and closes that assist number significantly if he gets as many games. Especially games down the centre.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5226 on: April 7, 2024, 09:59:34 pm »
No interest in arguing Nunez vs. Jota. We'd be miles better with both of them on the pitch, end of story.

Online Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5227 on: April 7, 2024, 10:03:13 pm »
No interest in arguing Nunez vs. Jota. We'd be miles better with both of them on the pitch, end of story.

Exactly both contributed well when Salah was out with AFCON and injuries. We didn't miss him.
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5228 on: April 7, 2024, 10:09:41 pm »
Exactly both contributed well when Salah was out with AFCON and injuries. We didn't miss him.

We looked more free-flowing and potent and with Diaz, Nunez and Jota. Sadly, I don't think Klopp will bench Salah.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5229 on: April 7, 2024, 10:10:38 pm »
We looked more free-flowing and potent and with Diaz, Nunez and Jota. Sadly, I don't think Klopp will bench Salah.

Sadly? ;D

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #5230 on: April 7, 2024, 10:14:04 pm »
Again, minutes play a part as well. I would be confident that Jota gets more goals and closes that assist number significantly if he gets as many games. Especially games down the centre.

Jota has never shown himself worthy of starting down the middle though. He has never really nailed down a starting spot.

People talk about minutes but the reality is that he isn't an automatic starter. This season he has had 18 starts and been on the bench 11 times. Nunez gets so many minutes because he has been first choice for the majority of the season. Last season it was 15 starts and 13 times on the bench.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5231 on: April 7, 2024, 10:15:47 pm »
Jota has never shown himself worthy of starting down the middle though. He has never really nailed down a starting spot.

People talk about minutes but the reality is that he isn't an automatic starter. This season he has had 18 starts and been on the bench 11 times. Nunez gets so many minutes because he has been first choice for the majority of the season. Last season it was 15 starts and 13 times on the bench.

The form Jota was in before the injury was making him an automatic starter, he looked world class. None of our attackers apart from Salah has reached that level this season.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5232 on: April 7, 2024, 10:18:04 pm »

He started the last five league games before he got injured. Same thing earlier on in the season. He'd be starting right now if he was fit.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #5233 on: April 7, 2024, 10:20:49 pm »
He started the last five league games before he got injured. Same thing earlier on in the season. He'd be starting right now if he was fit.

Salah was at the AFCON and then injured.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5234 on: April 7, 2024, 10:22:41 pm »

He did. Him, Mane and Salah were brilliant together but then he got injured in that game in the CL.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5235 on: April 7, 2024, 10:27:43 pm »
Salah was at the AFCON and then injured.
Doesn't matter. Jota was running at a goal or assist every 45 minutes after he came back. You really think he's the one who would have been dropped on that form?

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #5236 on: April 7, 2024, 10:35:01 pm »
He did. Him, Mane and Salah were brilliant together but then he got injured in that game in the CL.

That Midtyland game was in his first season. Prior to that game he had made 9 starts and been sub 7 times that season.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5237 on: April 7, 2024, 10:44:27 pm »
That Midtyland game was in his first season. Prior to that game he had made 9 starts and been sub 7 times that season.

Yep and he was really good then as well mainly through the centre.

Offline Buster Gonad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5238 on: April 7, 2024, 10:52:38 pm »

Nunez is set to beat Jotas best ever goal tally for us this year and that's not to mention assists. Perhaps we should get rid of Jota as you can't rely on players like him if you want to win the major trophies. 

I don't want rid of Jota but the revisionism of his contributions for us is unhelpful. Terrific player when on form as he was before his latest injury.  But then he's regularly injured. Also went an incredible time without a goal when many here decided he was no longer good enough. Basically he's been a really good signing who has flaws that put him behind Mane Salah and Firmino.  Which is where Darwin currently is but at he's been improving and is our only forward with explosive pace and we really miss that when he's out.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #5239 on: April 7, 2024, 10:54:08 pm »
Yep and he was really good then as well mainly through the centre.

13 goals and 1 assist from 30 appearances that season. So decent but nothing outstanding. 74 G+A from 141 appearances in total.

Again decent but he is being portrayed as if he is the 2nd coming of Pele.
"Ohhh-kayyy"