Author Topic: Diogo Jota (Diogo José Teixeira da Silva)  (Read 546335 times)

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: Welcome Diogo Jota
« Reply #2560 on: November 27, 2021, 05:02:36 pm »
He had a great game today, unlucky to be subbed I thought.
I wanted him to get a hat trick, but there was no need to risk him while Bobby is still out. We don't have many viable options outside our front three. Plus, he started fading away from the game a bit.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2561 on: November 27, 2021, 05:03:34 pm »
Excellently taken goals

Prem top scorers

Salah - 11
Mane - 7
Jota - 7

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2562 on: November 27, 2021, 05:18:49 pm »
He’s really great - constant threat
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2563 on: November 27, 2021, 05:22:21 pm »
He's Jota, he-ee-ee-e's per-fect
He's Jota he-ee-ee-e's worth it
Too many players look second best
But we don't buy anything less
He's Jota he-ee-ee-e's per-fect
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2564 on: November 27, 2021, 05:30:50 pm »
I wanted him to get a hat trick, but there was no need to risk him while Bobby is still out. We don't have many viable options outside our front three. Plus, he started fading away from the game a bit.

Yeah, his job was done by then. That 3 points and a healthy fitness is more important.

He's got 7 right now which is very good near the halfway mark. Firmino got us 15 in PL (27 overall) in his best season for 17/18.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2565 on: November 27, 2021, 07:22:18 pm »
I said it before and I'll say it again, the best Portuguese player in the world
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2566 on: November 27, 2021, 08:00:29 pm »
So, so good. Needs a decent song.
Isright.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2567 on: November 27, 2021, 09:11:32 pm »
Would be really interested in reading the whole process of scouting him, moving on from Werner, Klopp deciding to make him the central striker. Just an unbelievable bit of recruitment and management.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #2568 on: November 27, 2021, 09:37:09 pm »
🎶"He is D-I-O-G-O
He is D-I-O-G-O
D-I-O-G-O
He is D-I-O-G-O
He is D - Deadly
He is I - Incredible
He is O - On target
He is G - Graceful
He is Ooooooooh oooooooh oooooooooooh
He is D-I-O-G-O..."🎶
https://t.co/02qMd2R1pH
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2569 on: November 27, 2021, 10:22:21 pm »
Interesting to see what we do when Sadio and Mo go to the AFCON. Jota, Bobby, arguably Minamino too all play their best down the middle.

Jota’s instincts are so good though. Always in the right place.

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2570 on: November 27, 2021, 10:38:25 pm »
Interesting to see what we do when Sadio and Mo go to the AFCON. Jota, Bobby, arguably Minamino too all play their best down the middle.

Jota’s instincts are so good though. Always in the right place.
Origi plays best central too. Kaide Gordon time (hopefully only for 2 games)?

Offline Red-4-Ever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2571 on: November 29, 2021, 11:01:21 am »
Cheat code celebration  ;D

That’s exactly what I thought until I saw this on The Athletic:

Diogo Jota is the undisputed champion in the Liverpool squad when it comes to playing the video game FIFA.

Shortly before moving to Anfield last year, he won the inaugural ePremier League invitational tournament after beating Trent Alexander-Arnold in the final.

In fact, he’s so good with a controller in his hands that in February he was ranked No 1 in the world on the FIFA Ultimate Team Champions leaderboard after securing 30 successive wins.

It’s his passion away from the AXA Training Centre and he has set up his own esports team. It’s no publicity stunt, it’s a serious business and Jota is genuinely elite. On Saturday, he was scheduled to compete in the fourth round of the qualifiers for the FIFA 22 Global Series but he had to message his opponent and politely withdraw.

https://theathletic.com/2979887/2021/11/28/liverpools-fab-three-is-now-a-fab-four-and-console-king-jota-is-sparkling-on-and-off-the-pitch/?source=user_shared_article

Jota: “Sorry la’, I have to bin this off as I’ve to go and play a real game of footie in front of 55 thousand people instead ffs”.

;D
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 11:05:50 am by Red-4-Ever »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2572 on: November 29, 2021, 11:04:33 am »
So glad we got this lad and not Werner.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2573 on: November 29, 2021, 11:04:37 am »
Was he this lethal at Wolves? I feel like every time he gets the ball in the box it's a guaranteed goal.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2574 on: November 29, 2021, 11:10:36 am »
His stature and finishing ability remind me of Fowler so much.  Doesn't quite have Robbie's laser-focused bottom corner finishes, but makes up for it by being quicker.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2575 on: November 29, 2021, 11:11:46 am »
Diogo stats watch... he's now at 0.79 npxg per 90 over >9 90s this season .... that's basically the same as Haaland ?!

Possibly unsustainable but indicators it is, he's taking a lot of dangerous shots compared to previous years.. and he's not over achieving as a finisher at the moment
He's basically an out and out 9 for us now ...who also presses
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 01:07:27 pm by JackWard33 »

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2576 on: November 29, 2021, 11:33:53 am »
Diogo stats watch... he's now at 0.79 npxg per 90 over >9 90s this season .... that's basically the same as Haaland ?!

Possibly sustainable but indicators it is, he's taking a lot of dangerous shots compared to previous years.. and he's not over achieving as a finisher at the moment

And drops deep into midfield ala Bobby.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2577 on: November 29, 2021, 11:35:17 am »
He is starting to find those pockets in between the lines now as well.

Been brillant since Man City at home

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
YNWA.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2579 on: November 29, 2021, 12:11:38 pm »
not good enough for Garth Crookes team of the week (while scoring 2 goals on Sat)

- sell him in Jan and replace with someone Garth may approve of.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2580 on: November 29, 2021, 12:40:12 pm »

Possibly sustainable but indicators it is, he's taking a lot of dangerous shots compared to previous years.. and he's not over achieving as a finisher at the moment

so we cloned firmino and injected some fowler DNA into the mix. We got a velocijota.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2581 on: November 29, 2021, 12:49:06 pm »
That’s exactly what I thought until I saw this on The Athletic:

Diogo Jota is the undisputed champion in the Liverpool squad when it comes to playing the video game FIFA.

Shortly before moving to Anfield last year, he won the inaugural ePremier League invitational tournament after beating Trent Alexander-Arnold in the final.

In fact, he’s so good with a controller in his hands that in February he was ranked No 1 in the world on the FIFA Ultimate Team Champions leaderboard after securing 30 successive wins.

It’s his passion away from the AXA Training Centre and he has set up his own esports team. It’s no publicity stunt, it’s a serious business and Jota is genuinely elite. On Saturday, he was scheduled to compete in the fourth round of the qualifiers for the FIFA 22 Global Series but he had to message his opponent and politely withdraw.

https://theathletic.com/2979887/2021/11/28/liverpools-fab-three-is-now-a-fab-four-and-console-king-jota-is-sparkling-on-and-off-the-pitch/?source=user_shared_article

Jota: “Sorry la’, I have to bin this off as I’ve to go and play a real game of footie in front of 55 thousand people instead ffs”.

;D

With his experience of football in all its aspects, he's going into management once his playing days are over. Oh hang on, he already has. He took an English non-league club to Champions League winners in Football Manager during the first lockdown, and was in the 2031-32 season at the time of interview.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Red-4-Ever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2582 on: November 29, 2021, 01:03:07 pm »
With his experience of football in all its aspects, he's going into management once his playing days are over. Oh hang on, he already has. He took an English non-league club to Champions League winners in Football Manager during the first lockdown, and was in the 2031-32 season at the time of interview.

;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2583 on: November 29, 2021, 01:31:04 pm »
Was he this lethal at Wolves? I feel like every time he gets the ball in the box it's a guaranteed goal.

A lot of their fans were glad to see the back of him, thought they'd done a good thing getting shot of him. I rather think it was down to their coach at the time though that he didn't shine at Wolves. Their fans are infuriated that we didn't buy him for more now.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2584 on: November 29, 2021, 01:57:34 pm »
A lot of their fans were glad to see the back of him, thought they'd done a good thing getting shot of him. I rather think it was down to their coach at the time though that he didn't shine at Wolves. Their fans are infuriated that we didn't buy him for more now.  ;D

I didn’t get that impression at all.

Saw a fair few saying they’d wish the club had managed to flog Traore rather than him mind.

He seemed a popular player there with the fans if rather inconsistent, but then, many young player are, but they certainly did not see this level of development happening with him. As many where surprised by the fee, so in that sense maybe they thought the club did well. They clearly had not learnt from the purchases of the likes of Mane and Salah!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2585 on: November 29, 2021, 02:31:52 pm »

I know a few Wolves supporters and they really liked him and thought he was good but were happy to get the money we gave them. Didn't come across that he wasnt rated by them. They also mentioned Neto at the time and why it was fine that they got some money in as they had Neto emerging.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2586 on: November 29, 2021, 04:18:12 pm »
I didn’t get that impression at all.

Saw a fair few saying they’d wish the club had managed to flog Traore rather than him mind.

He seemed a popular player there with the fans if rather inconsistent, but then, many young player are, but they certainly did not see this level of development happening with him. As many where surprised by the fee, so in that sense maybe they thought the club did well. They clearly had not learnt from the purchases of the likes of Mane and Salah!

When we first signed him I was made up got messaging some Wolves fans on Twitter. Most of them were decent but there were a few who seemed quite happy to see the back of him. Having said that they wanted to see the end of Nuno even more. 😀
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2587 on: November 29, 2021, 04:44:54 pm »
7 goals in 10 league starts this season. Werner has 7 goals in 43 games since signing for Chelsea.

What a signing Diogo has been.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2588 on: November 29, 2021, 05:01:02 pm »
His name scans well into the Maxi Rodriguez song...

Diogo, Diogo Jota... he's boss and Portuguese

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2589 on: November 29, 2021, 07:47:05 pm »
7 goals in 10 league starts this season. Werner has 7 goals in 43 games since signing for Chelsea.

What a signing Diogo has been.
I wouldn't play him on Wednesday unless he plays FIFA 22 in the morning.  ;D

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2590 on: November 30, 2021, 09:38:36 pm »
not good enough for Garth Crookes team of the week (while scoring 2 goals on Sat)

- sell him in Jan and replace with someone Garth may approve of.

For some reason I always read what Crooks has to say in his team of the week. Mainly to see if he is still a complete bell end with his biased opinions. Whenever he has a Liverpool player in 'his squad' he has to make a backhanded comment or just an outright criticism of something that his beloved London clubs do week in week out. He is an absolute cock. I have no idea why he is employed by the beeb at all. I like to see teams of the week, but I really wish they would have someone knowledgable about the subject to do it, without the seething hate.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2591 on: November 30, 2021, 09:42:21 pm »
His name scans well into the Maxi Rodriguez song...

Diogo, Diogo Jota... he's boss and Portuguese

We sang that for Maxi? The Hodgson years did more to the fans than I thought..
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #2592 on: November 30, 2021, 10:53:35 pm »
For some reason I always read what Crooks has to say in his team of the week. Mainly to see if he is still a complete bell end with his biased opinions. Whenever he has a Liverpool player in 'his squad' he has to make a backhanded comment or just an outright criticism of something that his beloved London clubs do week in week out. He is an absolute cock. I have no idea why he is employed by the beeb at all. I like to see teams of the week, but I really wish they would have someone knowledgable about the subject to do it, without the seething hate.
And that's why they employ him. Because he's 'controversial' and this gets more clicks, discussion, and mentions on the interwebs. Rinse n repeat  :)

p.s. I agree.. he is a complete bell end.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2593 on: December 1, 2021, 07:06:59 pm »
Posted this in tonight's match thread but it belongs in here. 

As we're thinking he deserves a song, how about (to Volare)...

Diogo, oh, oh
Diogo,oh, oh,
In the Red, he'll knock you all dead.
Scores goals with his feet and his head,

Diogo, oh, oh...

Plenty of scope to change the words so carry on, but I think this could be boss.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Online farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2594 on: December 1, 2021, 07:07:29 pm »
Time to get him off his FIFA game and into the squad.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2595 on: December 1, 2021, 09:55:55 pm »

Quality finish

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2596 on: December 1, 2021, 09:59:05 pm »
That finish. Woof.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2597 on: December 1, 2021, 10:06:53 pm »
I mean you have some of the best attackers in the world and then you buy Jota. Glory beyond the dreams of avarice
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2598 on: December 1, 2021, 10:08:47 pm »
Think he might be a bit good.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2599 on: December 1, 2021, 10:09:14 pm »