Author Topic: Daniel Agger  (Read 395480 times)

Offline fenre

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Daniel Agger
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2013, 10:53:02 pm »
Interview with a danish tv-station, Agger has said that he has to play, or else he has to leave the club:

Først og fremst, hvis jeg ikke spiller, svarer Agger på spørsmål fra TV3 SPORT om hva som skal til for at han forlater Liverpool. – Hvis manageren mener at jeg ikke er god nok, da kan det få meg vekk fra Liverpool.

- Jeg er her for å spille fotball, ikke noe annet. Så hvis jeg ikke spiller fotball, da vil jeg heller ikke være her mer.

(in norwegian)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2013, 10:56:42 pm »
Interview with a danish tv-station, Agger has said that he has to play, or else he has to leave the club:

Først og fremst, hvis jeg ikke spiller, svarer Agger på spørsmål fra TV3 SPORT om hva som skal til for at han forlater Liverpool. – Hvis manageren mener at jeg ikke er god nok, da kan det få meg vekk fra Liverpool.

- Jeg er her for å spille fotball, ikke noe annet. Så hvis jeg ikke spiller fotball, da vil jeg heller ikke være her mer.

(in norwegian)

Fantastic stuff from the vice captain.....Shouldn't he be saying he wants to win his place back?

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2013, 10:58:21 pm »
Fantastic stuff from the vice captain.....Shouldn't he be saying he wants to win his place back?

I'd be very weary of what comes out in the press. Stuff can easily get taken out of context. (If it is true then it's a very poor attitude.)

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2013, 11:02:59 pm »
He was answering a direct question.

Q: "What would make you leave Liverpool?"
A: "First and foremost if I'm not playing."

He could've gone in the summer, but didn't. He wants to be here, but like any player in the history of the sport he got to play. And he will.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2013, 11:04:32 pm »
It doesn't really sound like Agger. I remember his being linked with Barca since 2008, and he could have easily left a couple of months ago.

Even though he hasn't made an obvious blunder, I'd take Skrtel off the team and put Agger in his place. He is our vice captain and Martin with Sakho doesn't fill me with confidence.

And, you know, Agger is a better player.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2013, 11:04:51 pm »
He was answering a direct question.

Q: "What would make you leave Liverpool?"
A: "First and foremost if I'm not playing."

He could've gone in the summer, but didn't. He wants to be here, but like any player in the history of the sport he got to play. And he will.

That's my point. He may have not played the last few games, but he will play. Rodgers will be telling him that. He wouldn't have bothered making him the vice-captain if he didn't plan on using him. The way he's answered that, it seems like there's something said after that wasn't reported. Otherwise he wouldn't say 'first and foremost.'

Offline fenre

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2013, 11:09:25 pm »
That's my point. He may have not played the last few games, but he will play. Rodgers will be telling him that. He wouldn't have bothered making him the vice-captain if he didn't plan on using him. The way he's answered that, it seems like there's something said after that wasn't reported. Otherwise he wouldn't say 'first and foremost.'
It says in the text that he answered that after being asked what would make him leave. He also added to that answer with: Im here to play football, nothing else. If Im not playing, then I dont want to be here anymore.

Dont think there is much into it, but I dont really like the last bit

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2013, 11:22:48 pm »
Sadly for Agger he has three players in his position who are all performing well enough to not lose their place in the side. I'm sure he will get his chance over the next few weeks and when he does he has to follow the example set by Skrtel against Man Utd.

It's no good being the best ball playing CB at the club if you get beaten in the air on a consistent basis.

Offline LoubySoho

• Main Stander
« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2013, 11:53:08 pm »
He doesn't get beat in the air consistely, he may not be the best but he'd really not as bad as some make out.

what player in any team would be fine with sitting on the bench?, there were the same stories last year about Skrtel leaving.

probably not a popular opinion but I don't think that any of the defence is playing well enough not to be dropped but BR won't change a winning team.

Offline tboz

• Kopite
« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2013, 01:10:29 am »
The way Rodgers has handled the players has been a real positive for me. As a club favourite and vice captain he could have easily been expected to walk back into the line-up but whilst there are doubts about Skrtel he has not done enough to lose his spot, so there is no need to change.

Everybody should feel that they are fighting for a place now. 

Offline LFCobsessive

• Main Stander
  • 'No more half-measures.'
« Reply #130 on: October 28, 2013, 01:23:37 am »
No one in the team should demand that they start games, I'm not saying from this interview I know the context in which he was speaking, but it does sound like a little threat because his ego has been dented by him not coming straight back in, I would question why the hell players choose to do these interviews, when the media will hype you up or shoot you down just to get a story.
LFC pay his wages and it must be difficult having all this competition but deal with it in your own way, with the lovely money rolling in every week, and earn your place back. I think he'll be back for the Arsenal game myself.
'Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt. We don't need to motivate players because each of them is responsible for the performance of the team as a whole. The status of Liverpool's players keeps them motivated.'
Bill Shankly.

Offline csgreen

• Going through RAWK like a dose of Verucca Salts
  • Anny Roader
  • Chairman Mao has never seen a greater show of red.
« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2013, 05:22:52 am »
While Agger's right to be annoyed that he hasn't gotten his place back - particularly considering we've conceded in every single game he's been out (and there have been obvious errors made by the CBs in giving up some of those goals) - he's now put BR in a ugly position.  If BR puts Agger back into the starting lineup now it looks like it's because of the statements, which isn't great for a new(ish) manager...  Frankly Agger should have just stayed quiet.  Skrtel made about five errors in the last game that could have easily led to goals - it's only a matter of time before one of Skrtel's brain farts is actually punished...   

Offline Dagger/Molby

• Anny Roader
  • This is anfield - Remember YNWA
« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2013, 05:54:54 am »
No one in the team should demand that they start games, I'm not saying from this interview I know the context in which he was speaking, but it does sound like a little threat because his ego has been dented by him not coming straight back in, I would question why the hell players choose to do these interviews, when the media will hype you up or shoot you down just to get a story.
LFC pay his wages and it must be difficult having all this competition but deal with it in your own way, with the lovely money rolling in every week, and earn your place back. I think he'll be back for the Arsenal game myself.

He is not threatning to leave. If you look at the whole interview Agger are basicly telling the reporter that he is not the type of player that just wants his paycheck. He is at LFC because he wants to play football - and if the manager at some stage doesn't tell him that he is not good enough for the club then he would leave... The original interview is 15 minutters long and are about Agger and how his life in Liverpool are - he is out on a walk with the reporter and shows her a park and some cafe. He also tells that he moves back to Denmark when his carreer are over... There is not one single quote that threatens anyone...

On topic: I could understand if he left us in the Winther... Bid on by Barca in summer  ( he admidts that in the interview) and now held out of the team by a slovakian third division player which isn't good to be a regular starter in Aggers former club Brondby.....

Offline rushie9

• Kopite
  • FAN FAN
« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2013, 08:17:19 am »
(evil mind) some PR work fr the club will come along if buyer in the market still interested on Agger near Xmas time ... thats a bit a of a worry ...
FAN= with one eye open to see all the goodies of a player, with the other eye and ear shut....

Offline Sgt. Pepper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2013, 08:58:21 am »
I could understand if he left us in the Winther... Bid on by Barca in summer  ( he admidts that in the interview) and now held out of the team by a slovakian third division player which isn't good to be a regular starter in Aggers former club Brondby.....
There's no need to overstate Skrtel's inadequacies (and there are plenty) in order to highlight the fact that he should never be ahead of Agger.
It doesn't add anything to the argument and if anything it's deteriorative.

I can understand Agger's frustration and would understand him if he'll want to leave, given the situation will not change soon.
Made vice-captain and unfairly dropped to the bench when we're playing with 3 other center-backs. Ridiculously stupid what happened to him.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2013, 08:58:38 am »

(in norwegian)

Haha that part sounds like it's coming from a child really, it's maybe me Swedish reading it in that way.
"So if I'm not playing (football), then I don't want to be here anymore".

But I would be devastated to see him leave.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 09:09:27 am by plura »

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2013, 09:01:24 am »
There's no need to overstate Skrtel's inadequacies (and there are plenty) in order to highlight the fact that he should never be ahead of Agger.
It doesn't add anything to the argument and if anything it's deteriorative.

I can understand Agger's frustration and would understand him if he'll want to leave, given the situation will not change soon.
Made vice-captain and unfairly dropped to the bench when we're playing with 3 other center-backs. Ridiculously stupid what happened to him.

Arrhhh actually he got injured in the gym and couldn't play, he wasn't dropped for no reason.

Offline Sgt. Pepper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2013, 09:12:59 am »
Arrhhh actually he got injured in the gym and couldn't play, he wasn't dropped for no reason.
I know. But it's no coincidence that in the first game he missed we conceded 2 and should have been brought back into the side as soon as he was fit to play.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2013, 09:15:23 am »
With the winter break coming up Daniel will get his chance and if he is outstanding then he'll keep his place.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2013, 09:15:27 am »
Don't care what anyone says, he's our best defender and should be playing. I don't think it's a coincidence that we haven't kept a clean sheet without him this season.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2013, 09:18:24 am »
Don't care what anyone says, he's our best defender and should be playing. I don't think it's a coincidence that we haven't kept a clean sheet without him this season.

To be fair, Touré was out performing him when the two of them were paired together earlier in the season.

Offline mikenielsen

• Main Stander
« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2013, 09:22:42 am »
I don't think we should blow those statements out of proportion. Obviously, if directly asked he'll have to say that he needs to play. I'd be worried if he didn't care.

As long as the team is performing well it's hard to argue about not getting picked. He'll just have to prove that he's better than one of the CB's who are getting picked now. If he can't do that (which I do think he can) it will only be natural for him to consider any offers coming along in January. January is a long time and many games away, however, and I can't imagine Danny not getting the chance to prove himself between now and then.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2013, 09:29:52 am »

Stoke ? We did keep clean sheet only thanks to Simon remember? It's not like Agger had a hanball in last few minutes.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2013, 09:40:22 am »
He has some similar misgivings to Skrtel, especially when it comes to set pieces. He, however, offers so much more in possession and for that reason should probably be playing.

Offline Sgt. Pepper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2013, 09:46:56 am »
He has some similar misgivings to Skrtel, especially when it comes to set pieces. He, however, offers so much more in possession and for that reason should probably be playing.
It's not just possession he's better at. He's less rash and he's less error-prone.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2013, 09:55:18 am »
It's not just possession he's better at. He's less rash and he's less error-prone.

He is less rash, but he's been just as culpable for switching off on a few occasions. As I've said though, I want Agger in for Skrtel as I believe he would definitely be an improvement and would compliment Sakho well.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2013, 09:58:41 am »

But Skrtel is more aggressive at hunting the ball.
I'd rather Agger is in the team but he needs EARN his place not have it handed to him because he is vice captain. Carra had to earn his place back.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2013, 10:01:41 am »
But Skrtel is more aggressive at hunting the ball.
I'd rather Agger is in the team but he needs EARN his place not have it handed to him because he is vice captain. Carra had to earn his place back.

How does he earn it when he's not playing? Skrtel has made his fair share of mistakes in the last couple of games.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: October 28, 2013, 10:04:00 am »
How does he earn it when he's not playing? Skrtel has made his fair share of mistakes in the last couple of games.

Agger can prove himself in training. Also I think sooner rather than later Agger is going to be joined on the bench with another defender as we revert back to a back 4.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: October 28, 2013, 10:06:58 am »
Stoke ? We did keep clean sheet only thanks to Simon remember? It's not like Agger had a hanball in last few minutes.

What's the point you're making? I wasn't discrediting Simon. Even if we had conceded against Stoke, Agger was in the team when we got our other two clean sheets this season. We haven't had a clean sheet without him, it's a fact and I don't think it's a coincidence.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: October 28, 2013, 10:07:10 am »
With the winter break coming up Daniel will get his chance and if he is outstanding then he'll keep his place.
yep he will play and if he plays well he stays on the team, pretty simple really, he just has to be a little patient.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Sgt. Pepper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: October 28, 2013, 10:10:01 am »
He is less rash, but he's been just as culpable for switching off on a few occasions.
Can't agree with that. Agger doesn't have games where he makes 2-3 mistakes that gift the opposition an opportunity or a penalty shout like Skrtel does.   

As I've said though, I want Agger in for Skrtel as I believe he would definitely be an improvement and would compliment Sakho well.
Fo' shizzle.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:21:07 am by Sgt. Pepper »

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2013, 10:12:29 am »
The amount of times Daniel Agger gets misquoted by the press, or misrepresented by his agent, as wanting to leave the club is quite staggering. Every time his agent comes out and says he wants to go to Milan, or Barca, he always reaffirms his commitment to the club.

I think if he gets shut out for a whole season without opportunities, he would have few options but to leave.

But that won't happen. He will play. Nothing to fuss about.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #153 on: October 28, 2013, 10:23:32 am »
Can't agree with that. Agger doesn't have games where he makes 2-3 mistakes that gift the opposition an opportunity or a foul shout like Skrtel does.   
Fo' shizzle.

You're right although I thought Skrtel played pretty well the other day, there are mistakes in him that could cost us games. No one is perfect but I think Agger is less likely (i know he gave away a silly pen earlier in the season!). I'd like to see Agger on the left with Sakho in the middle and Toure right if we are going to persist with a 3.

Offline LoubySoho

• Main Stander
« Reply #154 on: October 28, 2013, 10:44:17 am »
I think he should have come in after the Newcastle game.

He could be proving himself in training but all the time were scoring more than were conceding he won't come back in which is unfair as the defence hasn't been great.

I wouldn't be surprised if barca or man city come in for him in Jan

Offline Red-juvenated

• Legacy Fan
  • "Normal One"
« Reply #155 on: October 28, 2013, 11:07:29 am »
Agger is a key player and he would fit in the 3-at-back very well. I think we are going to see a lot of games with Toure - Agger - Sakho at the back and Jonno/Cissokho as wingbacks.

Hope to see that against Arsenal

Doubters to Believers

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: October 28, 2013, 11:20:20 am »
Play him or he will leave, simple as that. Our three centre backs who seem to be ahead of him aren't playing exceptional (particularly skrtel) so why annoy our vice captain and best centre back who is probably the most suited defender to our style of play in Europe Ffs!?
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: October 28, 2013, 11:34:40 am »
Play him or he will leave, simple as that. Our three centre backs who seem to be ahead of him aren't playing exceptional (particularly skrtel) so why annoy our vice captain and best centre back who is probably the most suited defender to our style of play in Europe Ffs!?

It is that simple too. Play the man.

Rafa.

Offline OldBloke

• Kopite
  • In the 5th, my ass goes down.
« Reply #158 on: October 28, 2013, 11:36:50 am »
He's a professional footballer. He should know that this is the way it happens, you get injured, lose your place and then have to wait for an injury, a ban or a disastrous performance to get back in again, especially if we aren't in Europe. I don't think he is so much better that one of the three now playing should be sacrificed. True Skrtel makes some stupid mistakes, but then remember Agger's idiotic handball against Stoke that so nearly screwed up the start of our season!

Offline rawKBottom

• Legacy Fan
  • My karma just ran over your dogma
« Reply #159 on: October 28, 2013, 11:40:29 am »
I think if he gets shut out for a whole season without opportunities, he would have few options but to leave.

But that won't happen. He will play. Nothing to fuss about.
Vedanta uncompromisingly insists that man is essentially perfect, and therefore infinite are the possibilities that lie lurking in him