Author Topic: Watches  (Read 253133 times)

Offline Kuks

• ugare
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Watches
« Reply #360 on: February 3, 2012, 07:38:18 pm »
Worked hard and saved for ages to get my first nice one. My dad has passed his interest in watches down to me. I went with this one and have had it about a month and absolutely love it.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #361 on: February 4, 2012, 12:18:39 am »
Whats the general RAWK concensus on the Raymond Weil Jasmine (birds watch) - my missus wants one for our 5th anniversay in May.

Don't too much about RW watches but I've googled it and it looks nice + the technical data are pretty good as well. It'd be a good gift I'd say.

Got my missus this one years back. She's still using it occasionally eventhough she has "stolen" my Oris TT1 Diver now... :)

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #362 on: February 4, 2012, 12:40:16 am »
Indeed they do...

Offshore version here:

Fucking beautiful watches.

However I really really love IWC's pilot watches...

Like that, good face and strap, the top one. What does it cost?

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #363 on: February 4, 2012, 01:24:46 am »
Like that, good face and strap, the top one. What does it cost?

The top IWC Spitfire Chronograph or the top Audemars Piquet Royal Oak gold / black rubber strap?

Prices vary alot. My brother bought his Girard-Perregaux Sea Hawk II in Singapore and saved appr. 50% compared to Denmark. I have a mate who is really mad about watches and he buys his watches in Dubai or Singapore but I don't the price levels compared to UK.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: February 4, 2012, 01:48:46 pm »
15k for a watch? jib that if i want the time i check my phone,or the clock on my wall in the kitchen.Fair play if you can afford it mind.Worked hard for it and all that,but even if i was minted beyond my wildest dreams i could never condone buying a 15k watch.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
  • You come at the king, you best not miss
« Reply #365 on: June 6, 2012, 01:13:15 pm »
Was back home for the weekend and have been looking for a watch for a while now. Tried a few nice watches on but nothing special apart from this:

Now I’m not going to rush into anything but really did like this one. However, when I got home I found out the sales assistant made a mistake and in fact it’s a women’s watch! However, some sites say it's a men's watch. The men’s version is this:

Only difference is that the women’s is gold and the men’s is silver. Do any of you think this is a problem? Like I said, I’m not going to be jumping into buying anything yet and will carry on looking over the next few months
Twitter - https://twitter.com/NickyGarewal

Controversially, if it came down to a choice between selling Suarez and selling Carroll, I’d sell Suarez.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: June 6, 2012, 04:33:54 pm »
The silver one is nicer. Not keen on gold myself. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that gold is falling out of fashion with younger folk these days.

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: June 7, 2012, 11:11:21 am »
The silver one is nicer. Not keen on gold myself. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that gold is falling out of fashion with younger folk these days.
To be fair the gold doesn't do it much justice. Looked much better than the silver but I suppose it's personal preference. Like I said, the only thing that worries is that it may be a woman's watch

Controversially, if it came down to a choice between selling Suarez and selling Carroll, I’d sell Suarez.

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: June 7, 2012, 11:43:58 am »
Put it this way, I'm now pricing it up and am considering buying it!

There's a clip on Youtube of some fella wearing and holding it - it's pretty chunky so I wouldn't imagine it could be considered a woman's watch.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: June 7, 2012, 11:48:21 am »
you really dont like it do you, can't be bothered with a rolex as every 17 year old lad in Liverpool walks round in one. This one i have has lost my love. I Like the look of that Cartier though, i had one of these years ago but lost it on Holiday

That’s not actually a Tank it’s a Santos.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #370 on: June 7, 2012, 11:57:36 am »
My watch:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000N5Z660/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

Very simple, looks great when you match it with your shoes or belt. Plus it's not outlandish and goes with everything since it's nothing special.

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: June 7, 2012, 12:40:35 pm »
Put it this way, I'm now pricing it up and am considering buying it!

There's a clip on Youtube of some fella wearing and holding it - it's pretty chunky so I wouldn't imagine it could be considered a woman's watch.
Haha which one are you interested in? John Lewis have it for 210 but you can get it cheaper on the net.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #372 on: June 7, 2012, 12:44:58 pm »
The watch my missus bought me for christmas

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: June 7, 2012, 01:54:05 pm »
The silver one. Seen it for £150 on Amazon.

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: June 7, 2012, 02:06:36 pm »
The silver one. Seen it for £150 on Amazon.
Ye that's the best price I've seen. Would check it out in store first if I was you

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #375 on: June 8, 2012, 12:52:39 am »
Very simple, looks great when you match it with your shoes or belt. Plus it's not outlandish and goes with everything since it's nothing special.

Mate, you were ripped off!
I recently bought this one:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-MQ-24-7BLL-Analogue-Resin-Strap/dp/B000JNKABW/ref=sr_1_1?s=watch&ie=UTF8&qid=1339112968&sr=1-1
They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #377 on: June 18, 2012, 12:46:36 pm »
nice that

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #378 on: June 18, 2012, 06:17:08 pm »
Yeah, lovely watch. Much prefer subtle or understated designs to some of the garish or flashy shit you see knocking about. Girard Perrigaux make beautiful watches.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: June 18, 2012, 08:01:18 pm »
Wife got me one of these for my birthday last December

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: July 1, 2012, 01:55:06 pm »
« Last Edit: July 1, 2012, 02:01:08 pm by kelevra »

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: July 1, 2012, 05:55:30 pm »
Anyone know whether these sites are safe?

http://www.armaniwatchesukshop.uk.com/

http://www.designerposhwatches.co.uk/storepage425981.aspx

why would you use them? just go to the official sites. or a shop. I wouldnt bother with them sites.

on a side note, i broke my watch the other week, not sure how probably drunk. Where can i get repairs done? just any jeweller etc?
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: July 1, 2012, 06:06:32 pm »
why would you use them? just go to the official sites. or a shop. I wouldnt bother with them sites.

on a side note, i broke my watch the other week, not sure how probably drunk. Where can i get repairs done? just any jeweller etc?

I can recommend Alex at Perpetual Time in Irlam, you can either drop in person or post your watch to him.

http://www.perpetual-time.com/
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: July 1, 2012, 06:13:00 pm »
I can recommend Alex at Perpetual Time in Irlam, you can either drop in person or post your watch to him.

http://www.perpetual-time.com/

thats brilliant, they do breitling repair as well. no chance im posting it though.
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: July 1, 2012, 06:32:50 pm »
thats brilliant, they do breitling repair as well. no chance im posting it though.

Royal Mail Special Delivery is ok for posting. Sister in laws Uncle runs a high end jewellers in Bournemouth, they post 30k+ plus rings, bracelets etc Special Delivery all the time, without probs.

If you prefer to go in person, just give him a bell. Turn around time is around 2 weeks, did a repair and full service on a Tag for me.

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: July 1, 2012, 07:04:05 pm »
Royal Mail Special Delivery is ok for posting. Sister in laws Uncle runs a high end jewellers in Bournemouth, they post 30k+ plus rings, bracelets etc Special Delivery all the time, without probs.

If you prefer to go in person, just give him a bell. Turn around time is around 2 weeks, did a repair and full service on a Tag for me.

wouldnt trust posting it like, but i might pop in, thanks a lot for that mate.

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: July 1, 2012, 08:52:37 pm »

Well it's just that the watch I'm interested in is half price due to a sale on those sites compared to the official sites. It's also cheaper on amazon which I'm guessing is reliable

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: July 1, 2012, 08:54:45 pm »
Amazon yeah.

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: July 1, 2012, 09:15:34 pm »
Amazon yeah.
Ye thought so. Also seen it much cheaper on http://www.ticwatches.co.uk/ which I know is reliable.

If the price difference was £50 or so I would still buy it from the original store but this is like £150 cheaper. Thanks for the help anyway.

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: July 1, 2012, 09:24:43 pm »
Ye thought so. Also seen it much cheaper on http://www.ticwatches.co.uk/ which I know is reliable.

If the price difference was £50 or so I would still buy it from the original store but this is like £150 cheaper. Thanks for the help anyway.

no worries, didnt really help much, just wouldnt use those type of sites myself.

Offline kelevra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: July 1, 2012, 09:40:15 pm »
no worries, didnt really help much, just wouldnt use those type of sites myself.
I was still wary myself but now I've seen it on tic watches which is a normal online store so I haven't got any worries with that.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: July 1, 2012, 10:47:15 pm »
Casio G shock for work.

Currently have an IWC Davinci, Rolex Explorer, and a Rado Musketeer, and  couple of Glaschutte Spezimatics. I'm a bugger for my watches.
Have spent far too much on watches in my time.

Tempted to weigh them all in and get a Daytona, always wanted one but always just out of reach, trouble is,  when I wear the explorer everyone reckons it's a fake.

They're my real weakness.
 :(
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline kapil08

• Kopite
« Reply #392 on: July 2, 2012, 11:08:02 am »
I'm a bugger for my watches.
Have spent far too much on watches in my time.

They're my real weakness.
 :(

Same here. Got a DuBois 1785, a Roamer and a Caterpillar currently. Cant help buy a new one every-time I travel :( Have had several in the past too.
"If Bob Paisley had been on the continent or in America, in whatever capacity or field he worked, and achieved what he achieved, I think he’d be rated higher than the President, the Lord Mayor, the King or the Queen or whatever"

Ron Atkinson

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #393 on: July 2, 2012, 11:37:44 am »

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: July 2, 2012, 01:43:48 pm »
The missus got me this for my birthday which  I wasn't complaining about!

http://www.tagheuer.com/int-en/home#/int-en-thecollections-menswatches-watches-link-products-calibre5daydateautomatic-productsheet-wat2010-ba0951

Nice watch that mate.
 Doesn't look typically 'Tag' which appeals to me. A lot of them look cluttered.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #396 on: July 2, 2012, 04:13:49 pm »
Nice watch that mate.
 Doesn't look typically 'Tag' which appeals to me. A lot of them look cluttered.

I have to admit, I do prefer a bit of simplicity in a watch's appearance as well

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline AM76

• Joylessly cynical skimreader aka IQ76
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: July 2, 2012, 08:51:26 pm »
I have a Breitling Super Ocean. If someone can tell me how to post a picture of it from my iPhone I'll put one up

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #399 on: July 12, 2012, 12:29:07 am »
Just bought myself this badboy