Author Topic: CL SF: Liverpool 4 vs Barçelona 0 (4-3) Origi 6', 79’, Gini 53', 56 Bloody hell.  (Read 274178 times)

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
I will always remember the face of the copper in the Annie Road upper when I picked him up and danced with him after the third. He couldn't believe it (He was probably 6' 7" and about 18st.)

Just sat there disbelieving after the fourth. Took a while before it hit that it had gone in and was allowed. For some reason I thought it would be pulled back.

Went utterly fucking mental at the end and indeed shed a tear. Didn't want to leave at the end.

Though I'd seen it all with the Dortmund game and Degsy's winner. Absolutely the greatest Anfield European night ever
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
I will always remember the face of the copper in the Annie Road upper when I picked him up and danced with him after the third. He couldn't believe it (He was probably 6' 7" and about 18st.)

Just sat there disbelieving after the fourth. Took a while before it hit that it had gone in and was allowed. For some reason I thought it would be pulled back.

Went utterly fucking mental at the end and indeed shed a tear. Didn't want to leave at the end.

Though I'd seen it all with the Dortmund game and Degsy's winner. Absolutely the greatest Anfield European night ever

If it was a league game I reckon at least 2 of our goals would have been ruled out!

Yeah it will be hard to even top it. I was so lucky to have a ticket.

Only the Chelsea semi 07 and City CL 3-0 game compete with me for best game/atmosphere I ever went to.

But Barca tops both of them.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
If it was a league game I reckon at least 2 of our goals would have been ruled out!

Fuck, can you imagine it? They would have spent at least 5 minutes reviewing the fourth... "it FEELS like you shouldn't be able to do that, matey"... "is it in the rules, pal?"... "don't ask me, chum"... "I don't know buddy... I'm ruling it out. I'm going to rule it out"... "good process boys"

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fuck, can you imagine it? They would have spent at least 5 minutes reviewing the fourth... "it FEELS like you shouldn't be able to do that, matey"... "is it in the rules, pal?"... "don't ask me, chum"... "I don't know buddy... I'm ruling it out. I'm going to rule it out"... "good process boys"

"Spirit of the game" - hey keeper go fake an injury please. I'll pretend I blew the whistle.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
You are correct.

Messi laid it on a plate for him and when Dembele failed to score, Messi dropped to the ground in utter disbelief. I think in that moment Messi had a bit of an inkling of what's to come in the second thread ...
By the time of the match, they were cocksure. Suarez was talking about what he'd do if he scored, how he expected applause from the home fans - and didn't he and Messi pose for a social media photo beforehand? It reminded me of the Marca headline before the 4-0 drubbing we gave to Real. Underestimate Anfield at your peril.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
By the time of the match, they were cocksure. Suarez was talking about what he'd do if he scored, how he expected applause from the home fans - and didn't he and Messi pose for a social media photo beforehand? It reminded me of the Marca headline before the 4-0 drubbing we gave to Real. Underestimate Anfield at your peril.

Yet from the documentary they made that season, they knew full well at half time that they were going to get knocked out. Jordi Alba was crying in the changing room!

It also helped that Roma did the same thing to them the season before. They basically had PTSD once Origi got the first.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.