Author Topic: 2018/2019 Season Expectations...where will we finish? what will we win?  (Read 19966 times)

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
Re: 2017/2018 Season Expectations...where will we finish? what will we win?
« Reply #160 on: September 6, 2017, 03:42:55 am »
We have the ability to out score anyone, and a stronger squad so we don't burn out in January.
Shame we didn't add a CB maybe we will in Jan.

League: 1st by a point to City
CL:  Beat Barca in 1st knockout round
FA Cup: Win against United
League Cup: Youngsters will get us to the semis
« Last Edit: September 6, 2017, 03:45:43 am by KopThat »

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #161 on: September 6, 2017, 04:12:13 am »
I am going to break it down to expectations until January 1, the reason being that right now, we know what the squads of all premier league teams are until January 1 and after that, quite a bit could change depending on how teams are faring.

So until January 1 -
League - Top 3 (Our squad is definitely amongst the top 3 with the other 2 being the Manchester Clubs. I expect these 3 to take up 3 spots in the top 4, and one of the london clubs sneaking in to cap off the top 4)

League Cup - Qualify for Semi Finals (Do think we'll play a mix of youth and experience for these to give everyone some game time. I like our chances)

Champions League - Qualify top of the group (Would be disappointed with anything less given how fortunate the draw was)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: September 6, 2017, 04:27:16 am »
Improvements. A cup would do this club and team a world of good.

Offline MukeshJ2506

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: September 6, 2017, 06:08:32 am »
We will finish 3rd in the league. We will go until finals in League or FA cup, Semis in one of them and Quarters for the Champions League.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: September 6, 2017, 06:10:28 am »
Improvements. A cup would do this club and team a world of good.

Aye, we really, really need to start winning things again.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #165 on: September 6, 2017, 09:22:59 am »
I am going to break it down to expectations until January 1, the reason being that right now, we know what the squads of all premier league teams are until January 1 and after that, quite a bit could change depending on how teams are faring.

So until January 1 -
League - Top 3 (Our squad is definitely amongst the top 3 with the other 2 being the Manchester Clubs. I expect these 3 to take up 3 spots in the top 4, and one of the london clubs sneaking in to cap off the top 4)

League Cup - Qualify for Semi Finals (Do think we'll play a mix of youth and experience for these to give everyone some game time. I like our chances)

Champions League - Qualify top of the group (Would be disappointed with anything less given how fortunate the draw was)

Have you even watched City this season? They've been shite and scraped wins, United have had two games against this seasons relegation fodder and needed an offside goal to get past a Leicester which threw it against Arsenal.

Offline jmazza14

• Boys Pen
« Reply #166 on: September 6, 2017, 09:28:40 am »
I am fairly optimistic about this season. I know the trasnfers didn't go exactly how we planned, though I think we have strengthened, players have developed further and ultimately we have serious squad that can challenge even with various injuries. Ie. Coutinho, lallana and clyne.

Premier League: I think we will title challenge. We are more equipped to beat smaller sides, mark my words having salah and oxlade changes heaps against these sides, so does our new left backs.

Cups: We will make semi finals in one and win another I feel or make the final at the very least.

Champions League: I am optimistic, top our group and win our first knockout tie. After that lets just pray we are healthy and I am confident we can beat anyone we are up against.

Offline jwill2127

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp is the man
« Reply #167 on: September 6, 2017, 12:52:58 pm »
We will go out of league cup to Leicester, semi of CL and in top 2 of league
Our support since 2005 is f@@@@@ @@@@

Offline Zebs

• Kemlynite
  • Reasonable Yernited fan.
    • Twitter
« Reply #168 on: September 6, 2017, 02:52:35 pm »
Before the season started I thought you lot would be easily 4th, a little behind the top three but well ahead of 5th but based on your start I can see you in a three-way battle for the title with us (United) and City. I think it'll come down to the games between those three sides.

I think it's important you win a trophy this year, so I can see you focusing on the FA Cup a bit more than last season. Jurgen knows he can't continue to solely place importance on CL qualification, ultimately, success is judged on trophies.

I reckon you'll drop out of the League Cup around the 1/4 finals after your young lads got you through a few rounds first and as for the CL, you'll make it out of the group but if you don't win it, I could see one of the big lot exposing your defensive frailties.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #169 on: April 6, 2018, 11:16:56 pm »
We will go out of league cup to Leicester, semi of CL and in top 2 of league
Did you have money on this?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Predictions

Premier League - I think we'll very well in the league this season, especially if we're luckier with injuries. No AFCON will help as well. I think we'll challenge for the title and be very strong, especially at home. My prediction for this season = 2nd
Champions League - I think we'll top our group and qualify with a game or two to go, allowing us to not go full pelt in the final game(s). I think we'll be the English team who goes furthest, and we'll certainly be a Liverpool worthy of the name, but I think we'll fall just short. My prediction = Runners up
FA Cup - Probably the third most important competition for us this season, I think we'll do well but it's not a priority compared to the league and Champions League. My prediction = Quarter-Finals
League Cup - The least important of our four competitions, we usually do well in this and are the most successful League Cup team. Whilst we obviously won't care too much about this cup, I think we'll win it. My prediction = Winners

Expectations

Premier League - At the very least I expect us to challenge for top four, although I think we'll challenge for the title. My expectation = Top Four
Champions League - At the very least I expect us to get out of the group stages, it's an ideal group for us. My expectation = at least the QFs
FA Cup - I don't expect us to prioritise the domestic cups this season as we'll be focussing on the league and Europe. I do expect us to not fall at the first hurdle. My expectation = Fourth Round
League Cup - I expect this to be given little thought compared to the League and Europe. As the cup ends in February, it's an early chance of silverware, and whilst I think we'll win it, my expectations are not that great = QFs

Reality

Premier League - My prediction was a bit too optimistic but my expectation was met apart from the challenging for the title bit. Top Four.
Champions League - Well, I had been saying in the last few months that if we got to the final we would win it, but my prediction turned out to be correct. Expectation was more than exceeded, though! Runners up.
 FA Cup - My prediction was too optimistic but my expectations were met, so I guess that's something. Fourth Round.
League Cup - My prediction was way too optimistic and my expectations were too, but we did well in the league and the Champions League. Third Round.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Have you even watched City this season? They've been shite and scraped wins, United have had two games against this seasons relegation fodder and needed an offside goal to get past a Leicester which threw it against Arsenal.

On the lighter side, this post is good fun  :)

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I'm putting it out now, but for me a CL Title is more realistic than a PL title...

In the CL there are only 2 teams that give me fear, those are Atletico Madrid and Juventus, every other 'big opponent' will go all out offensively against us and that will suit us perfectly, so as long as we avoid those 2, in the knockout stage, there wil only 3 teams that could fuck us in the final, those would be Atletico, Real and Juventus....

Prem wise i'd say we'll miss out with a few points behind the Mancs, although i hate to say it, but they are both title winning sides, especially the Red Devils... meanwhile we will miss out because we fuck it up against United and the other small sides... my prediction is 3rd place behind both Manchester Teams....

As for Cup competitions it's completely random, we could win both or already lose to Leicester....

This post is eerily close to truth, except the Red Mancs part.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
We should challenge for the title for sure, together with a good run in the domestic and European cup.
Believer

Offline Mini Soda Scousephile

• Give us a snog, now.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • At the end of the storm there's a golden sky
We should challenge for the title for sure, together with a good run in the domestic and European cup.

Can we still get some bets in?  :o  ;)

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
I should have posted in this. For those of you who did - go back and have a look what you said.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
I 'expect' a top 4 challenge

I believe we can win the league. Injuries, form, suspension and luck dependant.

We can go all the way in the CL no matter what the draw. The main thing is get out of the group, if we do we've a great chance with klopp and anfield.

FA cup depends how the league and CL are going

League cup we will lose to Leicester. Will be one game too many in September.

For those saying the defence will stop us challenging for the league, in 13/14 we challenged with a worse defence!

Fair play mate.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Seen a few shouts of us getting to the Champions League final and losing it.

I don't think my heart could take it. Besides, third time lucky for Klopp...
I hope you’re ok this morning mate.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Top 3
Good run in all competitions, winning one

Not to far off

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
we go back to our 2nd home - Istanbul and win a cup. The league finish will depend on what type of players we manage to buy and who we'll lose during the summer
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm liking the confidence in here, though I'm not sure I necessarily share it. We certainly could challenge for the title, but I think we'd have to be very lucky with injuries, and hope that things go well for us elsewhere. We've got a stunning attack and, provided we defend better as a team and Coutinho knuckles down and stops dreaming of Gaudi and tapas, anything's possible.

Ultimately though, I think we'll fall short of the very highest echelons of the league. I think I put 3rd or 4th in the preseason round table, and I'm going to stick with that. We're a very good team in full flow, particularly in an attacking sense, but I just think the lack of a truly top quality aerially dominant centre half will see us drop a few silly points over the  ourselves of the season. I'd be quite happy with anywhere in the top four mind, as I think it's going to be very competitive this year, even with most of our rivals missing out on key signings in similar ways to us.

Regarding the cups, I've no idea. Any silverware would be fantastic, of course it would, but I hope we concentrate on the league as that's the most important competition for our continued development. Becoming a team that gets into the top four consistently, and is perceived as getting into the top four consistently, is crucial, not only for player recruitment but also for keeping the stars that we are creating. The draw for the group stage was very kind to us, so hopefully we get into the knockout stages at least but after that, it is quite literally a case of luck of the draw. I can see us us getting to the final or getting knocked out in the first round. Either way I'm not hugely bothered, it's just nice to be back with the big boys.

So yeah, 3rd or 4th in the league, anything else is a bonus. Whatever happens we'll be seeing some of the best attacking football played anywhere on earth and I find it hard to be upset with that.
Think I did alright. I'm probably going to go for roughly the same next season, unless we spend half a billion or lose half of our players, but it's pointless making predictions at this stage.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
Don't think I posted in here but I'd have been happy with just making the last 16 of the CL.

Would have liked to have had a title challenge this season but even if we did have a 13/14 season (84 pts) or 08/09 season (86 pts) we'd have still been 14-16 points behind City so top 4 is fine.

FA Cup and League Cup were definitely major let downs but at the same time if you'd have offered me a place in the CL final at the expense of being knocked out in the 3rd round of both domestic cups then I'd have snatched your hands off.

Positive season on the whole, and one I think we'll build on. Maybe we won't reach back to back CL finals (although don't rule it out) but we'll build some better depth over the summer and have a squad more capable of competing in the domestic trophies and also have a little bit more quality in the starting 11 to push further up the league table.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I don't think we'll challenge for the title this season personally, but you never know. We should have enough to finish top four though and there is absolutely no excuse for us not to win a trophy. We should qualify from the group stages of the CL as well.

I was right about the league and the CL campaign as well I suppose. But wrong about winning a trophy. We really do need to start winning those again. Sick and tired of this club becoming the nearly men.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
Next season we have to challenge for the league title. For me it’s the next step domestically and I’d obviously love to repeat the champions league run of this year but I’d be happy going far in the campaign if it meant were still challenging in the league.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I hope you’re ok this morning mate.

Haha! Still alive mate

Can’t believe that. There was a lot of faith in us from our supporters from the start , I myself didn’t believe it was possible and I’ll admit that. Klopp has now made me a believer

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Next season we have to challenge for the league title.
I'd love us to challenge for the title too, or better yet win the bloody thing. Why "have to" though? What happens if we don't? Sack the manager? Sell all the players? Rage on Twitter? It wouldn't be the end of the world if we don't challenge, in my opinion. Aim for it sure, but I hope we don't throw all our toys out the pram if we come up short. Maybe some will regard that as a lack of ambition, but I think we need to be realistic. City are a very, very good side, and this is a very, very difficult league we're in - I think we've done bloody well to finish in the top four as well as get to the CL final.

We finished empty-handed which hurts at the minute, but ultimately I think Klopp and the players deserve a lot of credit and I'll continue to give it to them next season, as long as they're still giving their all and providing us with fantastic footy.

Offline rakey_lfc

• Legacy Fan
I'd love us to challenge for the title too, or better yet win the bloody thing. Why "have to" though? What happens if we don't? Sack the manager? Sell all the players? Rage on Twitter? It wouldn't be the end of the world if we don't challenge, in my opinion. Aim for it sure, but I hope we don't throw all our toys out the pram if we come up short. Maybe some will regard that as a lack of ambition, but I think we need to be realistic. City are a very, very good side, and this is a very, very difficult league we're in - I think we've done bloody well to finish in the top four as well as get to the CL final.

We finished empty-handed which hurts at the minute, but ultimately I think Klopp and the players deserve a lot of credit and I'll continue to give it to them next season, as long as they're still giving their all and providing us with fantastic footy.

Maybe have to was the wrong wording on my part. I think that for us its the next step in Klopps journey. If we repeated this season by 4th and a CL final I doubt anyone would be moaning.

If we don’t challenge for the league then I think media pressure and some fans will turn on him. For me I want him here for many many more years.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Maybe have to was the wrong wording on my part. I think that for us its the next step in Klopps journey. If we repeated this season by 4th and a CL final I doubt anyone would be moaning.

If we don’t challenge for the league then I think media pressure and some fans will turn on him. For me I want him here for many many more years.
Ah, gotcha, and apologies if I came across as an antagonistic twat. FWIW, I agree with pretty much everything you wrote.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Turn those draws into wins,challenge for the league and good cups runs,really need to be getting a trophy but am happy to wait for 19/20 for the league ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline rkgriffin

• Anny Roader
I think we will get top 4 next season and win a cup of some type. Wish I could be confident of winning the league but I can’t. But I can hope at least. I am worried about being in pot 3 makes the group stage period difficult to manage. Hopefully we improve the depth of the squad

Will be an interesting season though!  Arsenal think they should rebound and be in top 4 but who can they knock out?  Spurs in a new stadium think they should be top 4. Chelsea think they are top 4. I think us and the Manchester clubs (because they will spend a fuck load again) will be top 3.  That battle for 4th will be insane.  Can’t wait! 

YNWA (even Karius, chin up mate)

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
Expectations:

Top 3 finish.
CL Quarter Finals
85+ League goals
<40 League goals against

Definitely Biased Predictions:

We win one of the PL/CL.
We score over 115 goals in all competitions
Mane & Salah get 19+ league goals each.
Trent is capped by England during the season.
VVD comes in January.

Ooooh so close there la.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
EDIT: nm

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
Ooooh so close there la.

I'm taking that!!

84 goals for... One off,
Top three thwarted because of a shit load of injuries combined with the CL run.
Mane league goals is only one I was miles off on.

Offline rakey_lfc

• Legacy Fan
Ah, gotcha, and apologies if I came across as an antagonistic twat. FWIW, I agree with pretty much everything you wrote.

Not at all mate. It’s what the forum is for. Unfortunately that’s lost on some posters who take it a bit far!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone