Author Topic: Football Circle Draft- Discussion Thread/Sign Ups  (Read 13373 times)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Re: Football Circle Draft- Discussion Thread/Sign Ups
« Reply #120 on: June 7, 2022, 12:15:01 am »
O ye of little faith...
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: June 7, 2022, 12:16:50 am »
If Las is out of commission for a few days we move on. Lobo is up whenever he's back on.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #122 on: June 7, 2022, 09:07:47 am »
So when we say played at club level, do they have to have literally played for the same club on the pitch at the same time, in a competitive game or not? Or for example what if Maradona have moved to Bordeaux in the summer that Zidane moved from Bordeaux to Juve, so they'd technically been at the same club at the same time but never played together?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #123 on: June 7, 2022, 09:18:47 am »
I think have to have shared a pitch together should be a prerequisite.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: June 7, 2022, 09:26:28 am »
Yeah I presumed as much
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: June 7, 2022, 10:49:22 am »
We are slow with this one!
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #126 on: June 7, 2022, 11:40:28 am »
Someone pm please in work
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: June 7, 2022, 11:42:09 am »
Someone pm please in work

Done. You sneaky so and so, that was my plan.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #128 on: June 7, 2022, 12:32:12 pm »
Just clubs, right?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: June 7, 2022, 01:07:20 pm »
Just clubs, right?

Yeah.

Just thinking about it l, the 11th pick is going to be a killer, if they have to have played with the first and the 10th pick.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #130 on: June 7, 2022, 01:24:19 pm »
I had someone else in mind if Cruyff had gone but I think he's a great halfway point between brilliance and connectivity.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: June 7, 2022, 01:31:02 pm »
I had someone else in mind if Cruyff had gone but I think he's a great halfway point between brilliance and connectivity.
I had two teams planned out, one needed Cruyff so I’m on plan B already.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: June 7, 2022, 01:58:56 pm »
Lastrador is out of commission for a few days. We'll skip him for now.  :wave

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #133 on: June 7, 2022, 02:06:42 pm »
Lastrador is out of commission for a few days. We'll skip him for now.  :wave

Golden rule of RAWK - never upset the Welsh.

Which is why my first pick is Ethan Ampadu.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #134 on: June 7, 2022, 02:14:40 pm »
Did someone say you had to change clubs with each pick? I seem to remember that being a condition but it isn't on the Selection page.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: June 7, 2022, 02:15:29 pm »
That was a suggestion by Betty but we're not going with that.  :D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: June 7, 2022, 02:15:36 pm »
Nah I dont think it has to be a different club every time, that really would make it almost impossible once we get to the last round

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: June 7, 2022, 02:41:06 pm »
Hazell said I could go as he will be a little while

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #138 on: June 7, 2022, 02:42:19 pm »
Nah I dont think it has to be a different club every time, that really would make it almost impossible once we get to the last round

I think the issue right now is that people are just going to stay at their one club and hoover up every player they can from there with no-one stopping them. It's probably too late now, but there should have been a rule to at least change clubs once or twice. Unless someone wants to sabotage another drafter (and probably sabotage themselves in the process) then there are already several drafters who are literally going to pick whoever they want uninterrupted for the next 10 rounds.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #139 on: June 7, 2022, 02:52:43 pm »
I think the issue right now is that people are just going to stay at their one club and hoover up every player they can from there with no-one stopping them. It's probably too late now, but there should have been a rule to at least change clubs once or twice. Unless someone wants to sabotage another drafter (and probably sabotage themselves in the process) then there are already several drafters who are literally going to pick whoever they want uninterrupted for the next 10 rounds.

I don’t have a plan as yet so more than happy to play the role of sabbateur and do the best I can whilst fucking shit up.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: June 7, 2022, 02:57:31 pm »

Are there? :D

I didn't think that far ahead, never did I think Mbappe was going to go before Maradona.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #141 on: June 7, 2022, 03:00:49 pm »
Are there? :D

I didn't think that far ahead, never did I think Mbappe was going to go before Maradona.

I could name them, but those drafters would probably hate me for it  :D  Pretty sure it's fairly easy to work out though.

Mbappe is actually a very smart pick if Bobby is taking the route I think he is.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: June 7, 2022, 03:04:08 pm »
Betty, I'm likely to be one of them. You can say it. I'm a lazy bastard you all know.  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: June 7, 2022, 03:13:04 pm »
I could name them, but those drafters would probably hate me for it  :D  Pretty sure it's fairly easy to work out though.

Mbappe is actually a very smart pick if Bobby is taking the route I think he is.

Guess it depends if they're going forwards or backwards in time. I mean we've all probably got a plan in mind, but we all know Sarge will win this one pretty comfortably with the Liverpool tax.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: June 7, 2022, 03:16:38 pm »
Mate, we know who you're picking. Get on with it.  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: June 7, 2022, 03:35:57 pm »
Good old Betty taking advantage of the 'take as long as you want' first round to troll everyone  :wellin

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #146 on: June 7, 2022, 03:39:14 pm »
My pick was snatched, so I haven't got a clue what I'm doing anymore  :-X  Feel free to skip me as I may be a little while.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: June 7, 2022, 03:40:29 pm »
My pick was snatched, so I haven't got a clue what I'm doing anymore  :-X  Feel free to skip me as I may be a little while.

Zidane is still available mate.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #148 on: June 7, 2022, 03:42:54 pm »
Zidane is still available mate.

Haha I've taken an oath to not pick him again  :D

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: June 7, 2022, 03:58:54 pm »
Perhaps 5 clubs have to be represented in your XI? Avoids just superpowered one club teams?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: June 7, 2022, 04:04:37 pm »
Would have been a wise move but don't think you can really throw that in after most have made their first pick as a few will be boned.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: June 7, 2022, 04:05:48 pm »
Haha I've taken an oath to not pick him again  :D

Let's see how long that lasts :P

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #152 on: June 7, 2022, 04:11:40 pm »
Would have been a wise move but don't think you can really throw that in after most have made their first pick as a few will be boned.

Yep, I think people would have to be allowed to change their picks, which would be a bit messy.

I think if we'd gotten 16 drafters it might have worked okay without any club changing, but it looks like there won't be much crossover now with the reduced numbers.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: June 7, 2022, 04:16:16 pm »
Mate, are you happy for me to pick before you in this round? You're spending more time yapping than picking.  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: June 7, 2022, 04:34:46 pm »
Fucking hell lads this is grim stuff :D Its one thing when we're waiting on Bobby cos he's on one of his Saga taster weekends, but you've spent the last two hours discussing picks when its your go/s!

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #155 on: June 7, 2022, 04:37:13 pm »
I did say to skip me several posts up!

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #156 on: June 7, 2022, 05:05:24 pm »
Skip me for the next round if it comes to it today.. I'll be available for next 3 hours

Offline NICHOLLS

• Legacy Fan
  • Ohhhhh ya beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!
« Reply #157 on: June 7, 2022, 05:20:30 pm »
 :wave

89th minute sub in...

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: June 7, 2022, 05:22:50 pm »
Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time... :wave

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: June 7, 2022, 05:23:28 pm »
You can go last mate, After Nick.  :wave