Poll

Round 1 - FIGHT (Pick for your 3 winners)

Lastrador VS
6 (12.8%)
Hazell
10 (21.3%)
Crosby Nick VS
9 (19.1%)
Linudden
8 (17%)
Betty Blue VS
7 (14.9%)
AndyMuller
7 (14.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: April 13, 2022, 11:03:51 am

Author Topic: -8 of Internationals Round 1(2) - Match thread  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
-8 of Internationals Round 1(2) - Match thread
« on: April 12, 2022, 11:03:51 am »
Lastrador

VS

Hazell

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OldManNick

VS

Linudden

Betty Blue

VS

Andy Muller

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
Re: -8 of Internationals Round 1(2) - Match thread
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 11:58:48 am »
I really like my team and think it's easily the best in that tie but am well-aware that Nick is a very popular lad ;D Most of his back four and Mahamadou Diarra aren't up to scratch and Díaz is still quite untried. Enzo, Yaya and Luka should be able to play some nice triangles against that.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 12:00:37 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 12:13:36 pm »
I really like my team and think it's easily the best in that tie but am well-aware that Nick is a very popular lad ;D Most of his back four and Mahamadou Diarra aren't up to scratch and Díaz is still quite untried. Enzo, Yaya and Luka should be able to play some nice triangles against that.

Cheap shot. I can be a c*nt and still win these things you know.

If you finish with 10 I’d be surprised. Is Diaz more untried than Hakimi? Ljungberg’s runs in behind getting picked out by Molby and Ru Costa.

Your midfield is nicely balanced. I’m a fair man, I’ll give you that.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 12:18:40 pm »
First game....yeah Hazell might get a rare beating here :D Last has put together a really good defence, midfield and attack. Another diamond (well, no wingers) but actually has really good full backs to compensate. Hazells got a good team but just not quite at the level of Lasts.

Second game, pretty comfortably to Nick. Cech is obviously a better keeper than Oblak. Alabas best form has been at CB, and Hakimi hasn't really done anything of note over someone like Lauren so is a bit of a cheap pick (particularly as early as he went). You need those full backs to be brilliant if you dont have wingers, and they're just not. CBs again Nick wins there, against two rash players in Pepe and Vidic. Central midfield Nicks probably a bit behind on paper but there doesn't look a great balance at all to Linuddens midfield, more like three good invididuals just lumped in. And Nicks four attackers would pulverise the opposition, Diaz would have an absolute field day against Vidic and Hakimi and Lewa's movement would be just the sort that Pepe and Vidic in particular notoriously struggled with. Plus it does genuinely look like Linudden has just googled a few players that he knows nothing about, Bremner at his peak was a proper goalscoring midfielder.

Third game goes to Betty. He'll try and dodge the pressure but he's the favourite for this whole draft. Tremendous team he's put together, strong everywhere with a few all time GOATs thrown in.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 12:19:20 pm »
Cheap shot. I can be a c*nt and still win these things you know.

If you finish with 10 I’d be surprised. Is Diaz more untried than Hakimi? Ljungberg’s runs in behind getting picked out by Molby and Ru Costa.

Your midfield is nicely balanced. I’m a fair man, I’ll give you that.

Storm in a teacup compared to the Nick vs Hazell handbags :D
Linudden.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 12:22:34 pm »
Second game, pretty comfortably to Nick. Cech is obviously a better keeper than Oblak. Alabas best form has been at CB, and Hakimi hasn't really done anything of note over someone like Lauren so is a bit of a cheap pick (particularly as early as he went). You need those full backs to be brilliant if you dont have wingers, and they're just not. CBs again Nick wins there, against two rash players in Pepe and Vidic. Central midfield Nicks probably a bit behind on paper but there doesn't look a great balance at all to Linuddens midfield, more like three good invididuals just lumped in. And Nicks four attackers would pulverise the opposition, Diaz would have an absolute field day against Vidic and Hakimi and Lewa's movement would be just the sort that Pepe and Vidic in particular notoriously struggled with. Plus it does genuinely look like Linudden has just googled a few players that he knows nothing about, Bremner at his peak was a proper goalscoring midfielder.

:o

Lobo always makes my teams sound like San Marino :D Bobby told me that Bremner was a class holding midfielder when he needed to be and since he was around to see it unlike us non-grandpas I'll believe him.
Linudden.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2022, 12:32:45 pm »
:o

Lobo always makes my teams sound like San Marino :D Bobby told me that Bremner was a class holding midfielder when he needed to be and since he was around to see it unlike us non-grandpas I'll believe him.

You dont think Cech was better than Oblak? :D

Lauren was a regular for the Invincibles, won 2 league titles, 3 FA Cups and 2 AFCONs. Hakimi has looked good in a Dortmund team that didnt win anything, in a dominant Inter team with no competition and now at PSG where he doesn't look great. When he's played at a higher level in the CL he's not been anywhere near as productive, except at Dortmund where he was more often playing as a wide midfielder rather than a right back.

As for your midfield. All of the stat sites have Billy Bremner as a central midfielder who very rarely played as a defensive midfielder, and actually quite similar in terms of getting forward to Yaya Toure. So quite a lot of reliance on Modric, who whilst obviously a top class CM again isn't exactly a ball winner.

You've also left yourself very open to two very good wingers in Diaz and Ljungberg.

Don't take things so personally anyway, its just a draft :) We all put our teams out there for a bit of criticism. You've put together a better team than you have before but its still not a great one.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2022, 12:35:38 pm »
Don't take things so personally anyway, its just a draft :) We all put our teams out there for a bit of criticism. You've put together a better team than you have before but its still not a great one.

:)
Linudden.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2022, 01:22:41 pm »
I never thought I'd say this, but can I hear less from Lobo please?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2022, 01:26:45 pm »
Dammit I would get Betty in the first round.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2022, 01:27:53 pm »
I never thought I'd say this, but can I hear less from Lobo please?

Can I shock you? I like Lobo. Despite what I’ve said for the last 10 years.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2022, 01:30:48 pm »
Can I shock you? I like Lobo. Despite what I’ve said for the last 10 years.

:D

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2022, 01:57:28 pm »
Dammit I would get Betty in the first round.

I think you've got an excellent side, mate. Not one I look forward to facing myself. Definitely got the best kit in the draft as well  :D
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2022, 04:56:57 pm »
I love Haz's team, I think he has one of the best midfield and attacks of the draft easily. But that defence is paper mache, let's be honest. Kuffour wasn't a great defender but a solid one for a couple of years, and quickly dropped off. Mihajlović was more valuable because of his free-kicks and playmaking than his actual defending, which is why he was played all over the defence and midfield throughout his career, but never could hold on to a position for too long. Simic was an unspectacular but solid squad player for most of his career. Cancelo is a great offensive player but he's not stopping anyone. So yeah, I can't see how that defence can hold off my attack, while my defence is extremely solid and would hold his own.

So yeah while I love Haz's team, I think my team is overall more solid on all lines. Still good luck to my hipster brother.  :D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2022, 06:10:15 pm »
my vote is available.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2022, 07:15:52 pm »
I love Haz's team, I think he has one of the best midfield and attacks of the draft easily. But that defence is paper mache, let's be honest. Kuffour wasn't a great defender but a solid one for a couple of years, and quickly dropped off. Mihajlović was more valuable because of his free-kicks and playmaking than his actual defending, which is why he was played all over the defence and midfield throughout his career, but never could hold on to a position for too long. Simic was an unspectacular but solid squad player for most of his career. Cancelo is a great offensive player but he's not stopping anyone. So yeah, I can't see how that defence can hold off my attack, while my defence is extremely solid and would hold his own.

So yeah while I love Haz's team, I think my team is overall more solid on all lines. Still good luck to my hipster brother.  :D

I do like your team and it's strong all over, though I was never a huge fan of Mijatovic for some reason. I think it his face just annoyed me for some reason.

I think you're being a little harsh on Kuffour and Mihajlovic, both were really fine defenders, if not all time greats. I was really struggling for fullbacks to honest, one of the perils of leaving them right to the end and while Simic was decent, he's probably the weakest player I have and I'm usually loathed to pick current players in all time drafts but he was the best I could think of - though I did consider Tsimikas as well :P.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2022, 07:36:29 pm »
I do like your team and it's strong all over, though I was never a huge fan of Mijatovic for some reason. I think it his face just annoyed me for some reason.

I think you're being a little harsh on Kuffour and Mihajlovic, both were really fine defenders, if not all time greats. I was really struggling for fullbacks to honest, one of the perils of leaving them right to the end and while Simic was decent, he's probably the weakest player I have and I'm usually loathed to pick current players in all time drafts but he was the best I could think of - though I did consider Tsimikas as well :P.
I loved Peja and his 30's mob look. Cool as fuck ;D

Not saying Kuffour and Mihajlovic were bad defenders. They were good, just not great IMO, and not exactly flanked by great defenders either. So it's hard to see how they could survive against my front three, who all were quick, skilful, and deadly finishers.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2022, 07:44:02 pm »
I loved Peja and his 30's mob look. Cool as fuck ;D

Not saying Kuffour and Mihajlovic were bad defenders. They were good, just not great IMO, and not exactly flanked by great defenders either. So it's hard to see how they could survive against my front three, who all were quick, skilful, and deadly finishers.

But there's an equal chance that Stoichkov will blow a fuse and get sent off in the 1st minute.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2022, 07:56:15 pm »
Yep, you got me there.  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2022, 08:58:02 am »
16 votes, 15 votes, 13 votes :D

'Stop the count'

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2022, 11:04:21 am »
Hazell, Nick and....pelanties!

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2022, 11:15:12 am »
Unlucky Linudden. I think it was my lovely shirts that won it for me.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2022, 11:23:50 am »
Unlucky Linudden. I think it was my lovely shirts that won it for me.

At least I designed them ;D
Linudden.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2022, 12:23:10 pm »
Betty and Andy Muller have drawn. Will be going to pens, as I can't be arsed doing another vote.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2022, 12:39:03 pm »
Save the hassle and put Andy through. I've seen plenty of Quarters in the past. Just in it to finish my Panini draft sticker album these days.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2022, 01:34:57 pm »
Poor andy has just gone through a lot of effort prepping his team, for Betty's team not to show up. They have stormed down the tunnel and ranted something about not caring about the penalties.

Madness! Andy is through!

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2022, 02:29:32 pm »
Some shocking voting from the congregation. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Well done Haz mate, and good luck. Make us football hipsters proud.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 02:34:40 pm by Lastrador »

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2022, 04:40:05 pm »
Thanks mate, thought you'd win that too be honest.