Author Topic: -8 of Internationals draft - Sign up and discussion  (Read 14829 times)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Re: -8 of Internationals draft - Sign up and discussion
« Reply #120 on: April 6, 2022, 11:17:55 am »
Eusebio is a lovely pick. As is Rush of course.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #121 on: April 6, 2022, 11:20:59 am »
All the strikers so far have been top notch.....still sticking to the old 'fucking loads of top strikers to choose so waiting until late on' mantra for now though.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #122 on: April 6, 2022, 11:34:12 am »

Yep. I thought about Eusebio as my first pick. Shamefully I forgot about Rushy (was holding off for Pat Van Den Hawe as my Welsh pick).

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #123 on: April 6, 2022, 11:35:11 am »

Rush was going to be my next pick, hence the scramble. More than happy with Eusebio, he just limits the pool a bit more than Rushy would have. But on the brightside I can still pick Robbie Savage.

All the strikers so far have been top notch.....still sticking to the old 'fucking loads of top strikers to choose so waiting until late on' mantra for now though.

I wouldn't disagree with that, but there are a clutch of about 5-6 strikers left IMO who are way ahead of the rest of the field. The ones below that are still very good on their day, but not the kind that can bust open any defence.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #124 on: April 6, 2022, 11:44:18 am »
Cracking pick with Essien Bobby. He cropped up as a good pick if it got round to me. Should have known better!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: April 6, 2022, 11:49:08 am »
Ahhh fuck sake, had Essien nailed for my next pick  :wanker
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #126 on: April 6, 2022, 12:03:36 pm »
Yeah, love the Eusebio pick. I passed on him as I've picked the 'black pearl' a few times but he gets no love...or maybe it's me?  :wave

An all time great who deserves a lot of love
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #127 on: April 6, 2022, 12:04:36 pm »
Yeah, love the Eusebio pick. I passed on him as I've picked the 'black pearl' a few times but he gets no love...or maybe it's me?  :wave

He got no love when I picked him either. Probably Andy Muller not rating him as highly as Lukaku cos he’s heard of him.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: April 6, 2022, 12:05:02 pm »
Ahhh fuck sake, had Essien nailed for my next pick  :wanker

So, I can count on your vote, mate. Great  ;D

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: April 6, 2022, 12:08:37 pm »
He got no love when I picked him either. Probably Andy Muller not rating him as highly as Lukaku cos he’s heard of him.

:D. The poor, demented fool

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #130 on: April 6, 2022, 12:27:19 pm »

Well, at least you two and DS have made up for that. My 'pa used to talk raptures about him. I've told the story before, but he was lucky enough to see Eusebio AND Pele play in the flesh at the Parc de Princes in a match between Benfica and Santos. Pele scored 2 and Eusebio 3. Always said he was the greatest striker he ever watched after Pele. Had Puskas just behind them. Pele he said was more machine-like in his brilliance, whereas Eusebio was more explosive and exciting. I was watching some clips of him last night and the player he most reminds me of in the modern game is Ronaldo - the Brazilian one. Both had that insane burst of acceleration, incredible shot power, and immovable force when on the ball.

Nice pick on Essien too by the way. Unwisely thought he might get overlooked another round. But I really wanted Boban, because Hazell the bastard always picks him before I get a chance. Going to be a painful 20 odd pick wait up here.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2022, 12:29:16 pm by Betty Blue »
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: April 6, 2022, 12:34:26 pm »
Me at 12:40?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: April 6, 2022, 12:39:18 pm »
:thumbup

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: April 6, 2022, 12:41:54 pm »
Robbie RedMan on the clock.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: April 6, 2022, 01:01:56 pm »
Well, at least you two and DS have made up for that. My 'pa used to talk raptures about him. I've told the story before, but he was lucky enough to see Eusebio AND Pele play in the flesh at the Parc de Princes in a match between Benfica and Santos. Pele scored 2 and Eusebio 3. Always said he was the greatest striker he ever watched after Pele. Had Puskas just behind them. Pele he said was more machine-like in his brilliance, whereas Eusebio was more explosive and exciting. I was watching some clips of him last night and the player he most reminds me of in the modern game is Ronaldo - the Brazilian one. Both had that insane burst of acceleration, incredible shot power, and immovable force when on the ball.

Nice pick on Essien too by the way. Unwisely thought he might get overlooked another round. But I really wanted Boban, because Hazell the bastard always picks him before I get a chance. Going to be a painful 20 odd pick wait up here.

I was going to pick Essien probably :( Not many great midfielders left from what I can see.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #135 on: April 6, 2022, 01:50:42 pm »
I went for Jan Molby as the obvious most like for like Essien replacement.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: April 6, 2022, 02:11:20 pm »
As you were.  8)

Betty took Boban so I took the Cigar muncher. :D
« Last Edit: April 6, 2022, 02:20:54 pm by Samie »

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #137 on: April 6, 2022, 02:27:00 pm »
As you were.  8)

Betty took Boban so I took the Cigar muncher. :D

Thought you might be the other one to steal him from me.

Still, at least now you've got your 'Redondo' pick of the draft  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: April 6, 2022, 02:37:39 pm »
Surprised Prosinecki went that early. Cracking player that he was, as with strikers there's a really good amount of attacking midfielders available still. DM/CMs are dwindling massively though! Hazell looking very nicely placed in that respect, the shit.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #139 on: April 6, 2022, 02:46:31 pm »
Surprised Prosinecki went that early. Cracking player that he was, as with strikers there's a really good amount of attacking midfielders available still. DM/CMs are dwindling massively though! Hazell looking very nicely placed in that respect, the shit.

Still trying to steer everyone away from picking strikers, I see  :D  There are loads of DM/CMs if you do your research. Hazell has Souness anyway. You could put Charlie Adam next to him and his midfield would still be the best in the draft.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #140 on: April 6, 2022, 02:50:53 pm »
Still trying to steer everyone away from picking strikers, I see  :D  There are loads of DM/CMs if you do your research. Hazell has Souness anyway. You could put Charlie Adam next to him and his midfield would still be the best in the draft.

Well, he’d be disqualified.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: April 6, 2022, 02:51:32 pm »
I'm quite sure I dont know what you're talking about Betty  :boxhead

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #142 on: April 6, 2022, 02:59:18 pm »
Why did Samie pick after me? I PM’d Lastrador. Or is he not around?

I also wanted Godin but that’s clearly not going to happen.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: April 6, 2022, 03:02:32 pm »
Figueroa, thats a very nice pick

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: April 6, 2022, 03:40:10 pm »
Always feel like Eto'o is a bit underrated. At Barca and Inter he was one of the best forwards in the world for a couple of years.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: April 6, 2022, 03:41:39 pm »
Yeah Eto'os a class pick, not like you're limiting yourself with Cameroon either

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: April 6, 2022, 03:46:53 pm »
Yeah Eto'os a class pick, not like you're limiting yourself with Cameroon either
I've got Matip and Eto'o was basically the only other Cameroonian who can stand up as a World Class player.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #147 on: April 6, 2022, 03:49:39 pm »
I've got Matip and Eto'o was basically the only other Cameroonian who can stand up as a World Class player.

I don't know, Eric Djemba-Djemba was a legend.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: April 6, 2022, 03:51:17 pm »
Judging by the lack of left-backs in this draft, we might still end up seeing Assou-Ekotto.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: April 6, 2022, 04:09:19 pm »
Always feel like Eto'o is a bit underrated. At Barca and Inter he was one of the best forwards in the world for a couple of years.

Yes, deffo. Another one with little love here whilst, apparently, those red and white squarered fuckers have been delivered to us from the Gods

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: April 6, 2022, 04:20:20 pm »
Old man Bobby is jealous because he doesn't know how to play chess.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: April 6, 2022, 04:28:12 pm »
Alas....tubbys up in five minutes

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #152 on: April 6, 2022, 04:33:42 pm »
Elzar!

AUT = Austria
AUS = Australia
CAM = Cambodia
CMR = Cameroon

Otherwise great job with the country codes :D
Linudden.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: April 6, 2022, 05:00:06 pm »
Sorry people been on a first aid course all day so had no signal, shall I pick?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #154 on: April 6, 2022, 05:01:21 pm »
Sorry people been on a first aid course all day so had no signal, shall I pick?

Yeah you're a pick down, go for it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #155 on: April 6, 2022, 05:06:27 pm »

I got as far as selecting an image for him in round one. Then just checked a list of all time international top scorers and opting for Lewandowski instead.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: April 6, 2022, 06:53:57 pm »
Alaba was my next choice, was hoping he’d last longer. Thought he could be one of those strange ones that goes under the radar for a while. Having said that, I thought Bale would be a first rounder. I do feel sometimes with the draft voting, their can be, with certain players, a fixation on who they are now as opposed to their whole career of their ability at their peak. Players like Hazard and Bale were unplayable in their peaks. Bale especially. Hated the guy but what a specimen at Spurs and the early years in Spain.

Ibra is a great pick at this stage even with the other good strikers still available.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #157 on: April 6, 2022, 07:02:02 pm »
There are tonne of great LB options but only a handful of good RB options.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #158 on: April 6, 2022, 07:21:18 pm »
There are tonne of great LB options but only a handful of good RB options.

How have people done this level of research. Embarrassing.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: April 6, 2022, 07:56:02 pm »
How have people done this level of research. Embarrassing.
Your laissez-faire approach will be your undoing.