Sheer Magnetism
2 (6.3%)
Betty Bleu
6 (18.8%)
Lastrador
11 (34.4%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: March 25, 2022, 01:48:07 pm

Author Topic: 4 Of Internationals 2.0 Fixtures 5 & 6  (Read 1034 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
4 Of Internationals 2.0 Fixtures 5 & 6
« on: March 24, 2022, 01:48:07 pm »
Tubby

V

Sheer

Betty

V

Lastrador

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: 4 Of Internationals 2.0 Fixtures 5 & 6
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 01:53:58 pm »
Tubby pioneering the ZigZag formation there?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 03:20:45 pm »
Tubby pioneering the ZigZag formation there?

I had help with the picks.

Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 04:00:18 pm »
Easy Tubby and Lastrador
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 04:05:48 pm »
Cruyff, Seedorf and Makelele. Wet dream midfield, as they say. Don't even know or care about the petite fella.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2022, 04:09:37 pm »
Eh. I knew this would be a mauling if I came across a decent team. Drew an unfortunate position in the order and it just wasn't a draft where I got a chance to prep anyway.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2022, 04:12:33 pm »
Eh. I knew this would be a mauling if I came across a decent team. Drew an unfortunate position in the order and it just wasn't a draft where I got a chance to prep anyway.

Sheer with prep is like Batman with prep.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2022, 04:14:03 pm »
Well, I usually have a rough list of preferences. This one involved me seeing an alert every few hours and trying to remember someone good who hadn't been picked yet, often at the end of an evening out.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2022, 05:33:13 pm »
Why is Tubby's goalkeeper actually a Hamlet in Southern Holland with population of 280?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2022, 06:37:54 pm »
I like Last's team a lot, I think it's my favourite team in the draft. That is all.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2022, 07:13:57 pm »
I like Last's team a lot, I think it's my favourite team in the draft. That is all.

Yep, when I saw all the sides laid out I thought to myself 'please don't draw Lastrador'  :-X  Think our game would be pretty tight. Can't see Shearer doing much against Desailly, but equally think Thuram + Gerrard on the right counteracts the strongest side of my team and makes Ribery-Sergi ineffectual. Gerrard with a long ranger would decide this one IMO.

Really like Tubby's side as well though and as insane as this sounds Samie has built an excellent side too.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2022, 07:19:28 pm »
Well, I usually have a rough list of preferences. This one involved me seeing an alert every few hours and trying to remember someone good who hadn't been picked yet, often at the end of an evening out.

You'll be back to your best at the next one mate don't worry :wave
Linudden.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2022, 07:22:57 pm »
Yes! I got the Betty vote. IN YOUR FACE EVERYONE!

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2022, 09:53:21 pm »
Yes! I got the Betty vote. IN YOUR FACE EVERYONE!

Like a Paul Hollywood handshake.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2022, 10:08:48 pm »
I don't know what that means mate.  :D

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2022, 12:04:07 am »
You'll be back to your best at the next one mate don't worry :wave
It's not even a bad team! Mid-90s Fowler and 2012 Van Persie ahead of 2016 Griezmann, ahead of a midfield three with controller Pep flanked by two top-class box-to-box midfielders; sweeper Rijkaard next to the pace of early 90s Des Walker and Ferrer and Evra in front of a sweeper keeper. It's a tight team, just not a vote winner.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2022, 04:34:23 pm »
Thanks lovely, you have great taste. The cash will arrive sometime in the afternoon. ;D

Yep, when I saw all the sides laid out I thought to myself 'please don't draw Lastrador'  :-X  Think our game would be pretty tight. Can't see Shearer doing much against Desailly, but equally think Thuram + Gerrard on the right counteracts the strongest side of my team and makes Ribery-Sergi ineffectual. Gerrard with a long ranger would decide this one IMO.

Really like Tubby's side as well though and as insane as this sounds Samie has built an excellent side too.
Thanks mate, your team is great too. I also expected a more even match on the voting front. Loved your Owen pick btw. I have to admit I started following Liverpool after his performance against Argentina. He has become criminally underrated in these parts, I think in part cause he didn't have great longevity bust mostly for being a disloyal boring rat. But on his heydays, he was a phenomenal striker. Incredible speed and acceleration, coupled with really clever movement and instincts. Although not great technically, he had a great first touch and was very skilful one on one. And the most underrated aspect of him is that he was an unbelievable finisher. Like top class. Really unfornuate that he was such a disloyal c*nt and that his body couldn't keep up, but oh well.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2022, 05:43:38 pm »
Thanks lovely, you have great taste. The cash will arrive sometime in the afternoon. ;D

NFTs please.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2022, 06:39:17 pm »
NFTs please.

I hear you had an NFT the other day Hazell.

Nearly Fluked Through.

Thank you very much.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2022, 07:19:06 pm »
Thanks mate, your team is great too. I also expected a more even match on the voting front. Loved your Owen pick btw. I have to admit I started following Liverpool after his performance against Argentina. He has become criminally underrated in these parts, I think in part cause he didn't have great longevity bust mostly for being a disloyal boring rat. But on his heydays, he was a phenomenal striker. Incredible speed and acceleration, coupled with really clever movement and instincts. Although not great technically, he had a great first touch and was very skilful one on one. And the most underrated aspect of him is that he was an unbelievable finisher. Like top class. Really unfornuate that he was such a disloyal c*nt and that his body couldn't keep up, but oh well.

Funny thing with Owen is that even when he was 'ours', I never felt huge affection for him. There's no two ways about it he was an incredible goalscorer, utterly cool and clinical in those big moments and one of our greatest ever in that respect. I always have his brace against Arsenal in the 2001 FA Cup final in my mind's eye when I think of him at his best. But somehow he was never truly loved by the Kop or was it that he never truly loved us? It always felt like he was England's Golden Boy. He couldn't have arrived for us at a more perfect time with Robbie's injuries taking hold. But following on from a player as loved as him would always be a tough act. That man bled red and we adored him for more than his goal scoring - the sniffing goal-line celebration, the dockers shirt etc. Owen was almost the antithesis of Robbie, he was machine-like in his approach to the game and a total professional. There's nothing wrong with that, in fact you could argue Robbie might have gone further had he had a bit of that in him. And maybe if there was no Robbie before him, things might have been different for Owen. But ultimately he fucked us over moving to Madrid and then chose to utterly destroy what little love was left for him when he went to United. I'll always remember him for 2001, but I can't stand the fucker these days. Was a painful pick for me to make!
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.