Author Topic: PL:Liv 7 (SEVEN) vs 0 Man Gakpo 43’ 50’ Nunez 48’ 75’ Mo 66’ 83’ Bobby 88’  (Read 65666 times)

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
It was the perfect set up. Fast Eddie couldn't have done it better.

Barcelona? Win. League Cup Final? Win. Fa Cup? Win.  Anfield? "The pitch is the same size, the ball is round, there is air in the ball .   .   . "  SPLAT.

Erik Ten Minus Three Hag fell for it like my teenage Laotian girlfriends at that Jonas Brothers/Justin Bieber double-header I should never have let them go to unattended.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
That was an unexpected and pleasant surprise.

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
It's Wednesday and we're still feeling a weird buzz of elation. And Utd fans are still feeling shit. What a wonderful week. :)
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
It's Wednesday and we're still feeling a weird buzz of elation. And Utd fans are still feeling shit. What a wonderful week. :)

Just had a text from my wife. Shes worried about my 21 year old Utd supporting stepson (I know, I know...). Hes at Uni in... you guessed it - Liverpool  ;D

And I quote - "Hes been on the phone. Talking about the match. How can anyone get so emotional over a game of football? Its beyond me - he's gutted".

And like, I haven't even said a word. Yet.  :P

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
And like, I haven't even said a word. Yet.  :P
Sometimes silence says it all :D

I’ve picked up quite a few Man United supporting friends over the years. Most have had nothing from me as I don’t need to. One though recently came out of the woodwork with some “hilarious” memes etc ridiculing our season like a twelve year old. He just got a smiley face and a waving hand 😁 👋

No reply :)

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I’ve picked up quite a few Man United supporting friends over the years. Most have had nothing from me as I don’t need to. One though recently came out of the woodwork with some “hilarious” memes etc ridiculing our season like a twelve year old. He just got a smiley face and a waving hand 😁 👋

No reply :)

Aye  :thumbup not expecting to hear from our lad anytime soon  :)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
More reactions…….some have already been posted.

I’m not sure if we’ll ever see the guy from FootballStand ever again……..I think it broke him.

As for the Liverpool fan from ThisIsFootball………I wasn’t sure how his voice would last.

And as for the delusion that United were on top until we scored……..WTF, one feeble shot on target isn’t going to trouble Alisson.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wUGg2T6wWEY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wUGg2T6wWEY</a>

Tunnel TV looks like fun  ;D ;D

Hope to fuck I'm never sat next to that Irish quilt at a game though... one annoying bastard that

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Don't wanna piss on anyones chips cos all the memes n stuff are  fucking hilarious but please stop watching those sodding youtube videos, its all an act to get people to watch and they're getting rich off it. All those views means that people will keep creating this shit!

Genuine reaction videos ended the moment people worked out they could make shitloads acting like twats!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Don't wanna piss on anyones chips cos all the memes n stuff are  fucking hilarious but please stop watching those sodding youtube videos, its all an act to get people to watch and they're getting rich off it. All those views means that people will keep creating this shit!

Genuine reaction videos ended the moment people worked out they could make shitloads acting like twats!

Why would you stop watching something you find absolutely hilarious  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why would you stop watching something you find absolutely hilarious  ;D

Flying Pig is the GOAT though - has me in stitches every time  :lmao :lmao :lmao

Yeh its an act but its still comedy gold.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

You're annoyed that some people have found an easy way to make money? Good for them I say!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
You're annoyed that some people have found an easy way to make money? Good for them I say!
nothing against them if people want to hand them money but
If it takes away from people doing proper talk shows / podcasts then yeh its a problem. This is why you end up with Sky n co copying and become banter central.

Watching Gareh having a meltdown on air is brilliant tho 😂
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Flying Pig is the GOAT though - has me in stitches every time  :lmao :lmao :lmao

Yeh its an act but its still comedy gold.

That said - him making fun of anyone's hair is ..... ironic.

Especially when he looks like he has food particles in that awful beard of his.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
Glorious watching those comp clips....loads of Mancs trying to dismiss our win...scoreline...but thosehurting mancs represent millions around the world...fucking suffer!!!

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
If it takes away from people doing proper talk shows / podcasts then yeh its a problem. This is why you end up with Sky n co copying and become banter central.

It's a fair point.  I can only imagine how insufferable those fan reaction people are when their teams win!

That said, I did enjoy the Goldbridge descent into madness that culminated in him crawling around and hitting the floor at 7-0.  He's one of the more authentic people doing this from what I've seen.  Certainly funnier than those that trowel it on because they know that's what pays the bills.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Patois commentary on Gakpo's second  ;D

'No look defending'  :wellin

https://twitter.com/i/status/1632868421678379014

Is it possible to hear that bloke do full match commentaries? I'd love to be able to have the sound on again.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
It's a fair point.  I can only imagine how insufferable those fan reaction people are when their teams win!

That said, I did enjoy the Goldbridge descent into madness that culminated in him crawling around and hitting the floor at 7-0.  He's one of the more authentic people doing this from what I've seen.   Certainly funnier than those that trowel it on because they know that's what pays the bills.

His name is Brent Di Cesare and he's a boyhood Nottingham Forrest fan haha.

Offline Saltashscouse

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and bred to support the Reds
He was an unprofessional disgrace yesterday. Wearing the Captain's armband too. A proper manager would tear him a new one after that performance. Kicking out like a petulant, demented gerbil is no example for a captain of a supposedly big club to set.
He had a good teacher though didn't he ?

Remember that twat Ronaldo trying to kick fuck out of Curtis Jones in the  5-0 at their place , only got a yellow too the petulant prick 
Jan Molby once bought me a pint 🍺

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Normally I've forgotten about a win against these after a couple of days, 3pts, move on. The only time the buzz lasts for longer is the Derby, as beating Everton will always mean more to me. This is the first time I've still be laughing about doing these over for 4 days straight.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
We hate Nottingham Forest,
We hate Everton too – they’re s**t!
We hate Man United,
But Liverpool we love you

All together now! (repeat).
What a game

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town

It was only when this came on the news that I realised Weghorst was actually on the pitch
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
We are having our poorest season and are finished, Utd are amazing and going for a quad.
It's hilarious that we're only 7 points behind their super team😂😂😂

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
I love Gakpo's 2nd and it is a bit like Coutinho's against De gea back in 2016. Noticed De gea takes a certain position to block shots (not sure if all keepers take the same position or not) I guess to make himself big but makes him vunerable to the chip.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I always find De Gea likes to save a lot of shots with his feet and so in order to spread himself he gets down low earlier than other keepers. Like you say, it allows players to chip the ball over him more than they might ordinarily do.

Not taking anything away from Gakpo of course, that just might be my favourite goal of the season.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

I imagine these reactors appeal to a very different audience to those who listen to podcasts! :D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”

It was only when this came on the news that I realised Weghorst was actually on the pitch

I heard Martinez also touched the sign, but it had to be a lie, because he couldn’t actually reach it
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
It was the perfect set up. Fast Eddie couldn't have done it better.

Barcelona? Win. League Cup Final? Win. Fa Cup? Win.  Anfield? "The pitch is the same size, the ball is round, there is air in the ball .   .   . "  SPLAT.

Erik Ten Minus Three Hag fell for it like my teenage Laotian girlfriends at that Jonas Brothers/Justin Bieber double-header I should never have let them go to unattended.

Erik Ten Minus Three Hag

Ha ha ha ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
This is a result that will scar them for a very long time. They came into the game feeling smug but left on the back of getting hammered 7-0 (SEVEN).
Came in smug, left as mugs

We proper scrambled 'em
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....

I've a brilliant mate I met in China (I'm now UK he's still away working but due back soon) and even though I'll get occasional digs from him he knows he won't get anything back from me.

We've watched the games together a few times - he knows I'm a proper Liverpool man, just like I know he's a proper man United fan.

The silence this week from me is enough, just like after that 5-0 at OT. I know he knows and he knows I know and we both know each other knows, and that's enough.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi

That said, I did enjoy the Goldbridge descent into madness that culminated in him crawling around and hitting the floor at 7-0.  He's one of the more authentic people doing this from what I've seen.  Certainly funnier than those that trowel it on because they know that's what pays the bills.
He's not authentic at all. He's funny because his act and shows are literally scripted. All those Partridgeisms are prescripted and worked-in where appropriate.

He's a clever guy performing. I don't know whether he's really a Forest fan or not, he may well genuinely support Utd but that doesn't change the fact that what we see is a character he has created; a comedy character of an earnest Man Utd fan who keeps losing his shit and spouting Partridgeisms. Should get a BAFTA.

As long as one realises this and understands that he's playing a role for money and fame then it's all cool.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
With a bit more luck Robertson would have scored 2 and Konate 1.

Let's analyse it a bit.

I think United had one shot on target which was a routine save for Alisson. The rest were either off target or offside.
Hence at best they could have scored 0.

First goal for us.......every touch was perfect and Gakpo took the goal well. I don't know what the xG was for this but that doesn't matter, the player's skill made the goal. Something that United couldn't do over 90 minutes.

Our 2nd goal was a bit fortunate in that the ball fell for Elliott but once he crossed to Nunez it was basically a simple goal. It was an easy header from 6 yards out. Nunez was the first to react ahead of the United defence.

The third goal was a thing of beauty. Sheer class from Salah and a brilliant finish from Gakpo. I guess United would say it was luck in that it was a 1 in 20 chance of scoring but that is not the way to look at it. The skill involved was top class.

We got a bit of luck with the deflection for the 4th but once it fell to Salah there was nothing lucky. Once again it was a first class bit of skill to beat the keeper from that far out. Once again the xG may be low but Salah scores these in his sleep.

The header for the 5th may have been a bit lucky to go in as Nunez was just trying to get his head onto the ball. However the cross was brilliant from Henderson and none of the United defenders got near to Nunez.

Yes the 6th was lucky with the rebound but Salah was in the perfect position to exploit it. Their marking of him was pathetic. He couldn't miss and so it was an xG of 0.999 for that one.

We may have been a bit lucky for the 7th but once again you have to recognise the ball from Salah, the run from Bobby and the sheer cheek of him shooting when nobody expected it.

There's always a bit of luck on every goal if you go far enough back but it wasn't our fault that United's defence trotted back and made no effort to press the ball. Some of the finishes were brilliant and the key thing is that every one of them (obviously) was on target.

United got one moderate attempt on target which even deGea would have saved.

There was no luck in the way we defended, no luck in the way that we swarmed forward and no luck that all 7 attempts were clean and on target.

United were dealt a lesson that is up there with the very best of spankings. They came in thinking they were top dog and went away licking their limp dicks.
The xg was Liverpool 3.1 - .7. Best chance for United was the rashford one. Even though Bruno one felt closer. Alisson mis controlling the ball and Bruno dive also would have been a concern but Alisson saved it very quickly. It was a very good Finishing Performance for Liverpool and also dominated the game.
https://twitter.com/Caley_graphics/status/1632452982624120835

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
So we massively outperformed our xg.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
We had 8 shots on target.

7 went in.

Who had the shot that was saved?

Btw..I do know the answer. Just wondering if people remember.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Elliott in the second half shot straight at De Gea.

We also had a couple of shots from inside the area that were blocked by defenders. They don't count as shots on target or towards xG if I remember correctly.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
The xg was Liverpool 3.1 - .7. Best chance for United was the rashford one. Even though Bruno one felt closer. Alisson mis controlling the ball and Bruno dive also would have been a concern but Alisson saved it very quickly. It was a very good Finishing Performance for Liverpool and also dominated the game.
https://twitter.com/Caley_graphics/status/1632452982624120835

The Rashford one, is that the one he rounded Ali and missed from a difficult angle? Could have sworn that was offside, but yeah, if legal then he should have scored that one.

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
The Rashford one, is that the one he rounded Ali and missed from a difficult angle? Could have sworn that was offside, but yeah, if legal then he should have scored that one.

Flag went up for that, eventually. I remember thinking he was miles offside even in real time.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Surely the Rashford one would have been the chance in the first half when Shaw floated a ball to him and he side footed it first time but it got caught under his studs and rolled to Alisson.

With the angle of the one in the second half, I’d imagine the Xg would be quite low even if he was onside.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
So we massively outperformed our xg.

Which is what good players do.
Give me all 8 of our chances where we hit the target and I would have scored zero. Well maybe I would have scored Salah’s 2nd but I would have been hauled off after 5 minutes.

People use xG as if it proves something. It doesn’t take into account who has the chance.
#JFT97

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Which is what good players do.
Give me all 8 of our chances where we hit the target and I would have scored zero. Well maybe I would have scored Salah’s 2nd but I would have been hauled off after 5 minutes.

People use xG as if it proves something. It doesn’t take into account who has the chance.
Or i guess the quality and position of the keeper when the shot is taken.

"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.