Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3107027 times)

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé
« Reply #78440 on: April 17, 2024, 02:43:50 pm »
Chelsea have sold players to Arsenal and Man Utd and were apparently willing to sell Gallagher to Tottenham.

Don't see why it would be an issue if it was us.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #78441 on: April 17, 2024, 02:52:55 pm »
Maatsen is great but Chelsea are not selling to us.

They wouldn't have a choice considering he has a £35m release clause.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #78442 on: April 17, 2024, 03:20:27 pm »
They wouldn't have a choice considering he has a £35m release clause.

Time for Mikey and Richie to do their thing.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78443 on: April 17, 2024, 03:21:32 pm »
Haven't really watched any of Maatsen, how does he compare to Ait Nouri? We've been credited with interest in him and given Wolves' PSR situation I'd think he'd be a fair bit cheaper than £35m.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78444 on: April 17, 2024, 03:26:40 pm »
Haven't really watched any of Maatsen, how does he compare to Ait Nouri? We've been credited with interest in him and given Wolves' PSR situation I'd think he'd be a fair bit cheaper than £35m.

Very much doubt it. He would be expensive.

Both are good but both are different. Ait-Nouri is more creative and a more rounded footballer all round. He is like an extra midfielder. Maatsen is a more out and out attacking full back.

It all depends on the system i guess. If its £35m then Maatsen would be cheaper and home grown. Ait-Nouri is more physical though.

Offline Haggis36

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78445 on: April 17, 2024, 03:41:31 pm »
Very much doubt it. He would be expensive.

Both are good but both are different. Ait-Nouri is more creative and a more rounded footballer all round. He is like an extra midfielder. Maatsen is a more out and out attacking full back.

It all depends on the system i guess. If its £35m then Maatsen would be cheaper and home grown. Ait-Nouri is more physical though.

I dunno, how many full-backs go for much more than £35m+ in recent times, even if you're buying from a PL side - that Lewis Hall was a loan with £28m option/obligation. Livramento was £32m. Zinchenko about £35m I think? City love to drop £50m on a full back but not many other sides have form for that.

I doubt he goes for much more than that, if at all, not with Wolves in financial distress. Then again they might be able to meet PSR if (as seems likely) Neto goes, I don't know how in the shit they are. In which case they're in a better position to demand a big fee.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78446 on: April 17, 2024, 03:54:48 pm »
Which clubs are in Financial trouble? That's usually our go to?

Porto, Chelsea, Wolves?

*edit - Villa, Everton, Newcastle.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 04:02:51 pm by Draex »

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #78447 on: April 17, 2024, 03:57:04 pm »

Porto, Chelsea, Wolves?

Villa if they don't qualify for the CL
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Haggis36

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78448 on: April 17, 2024, 03:58:18 pm »

Porto, Chelsea, Wolves?

Rumours about Newcastle and Villa too I think?

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78449 on: April 17, 2024, 04:00:14 pm »

Porto, Chelsea, Wolves?

The BLOOS.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78450 on: April 17, 2024, 04:02:33 pm »
The BLOOS.

Ah yes, don't shoot me but I think Onana is class.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78451 on: April 17, 2024, 04:04:34 pm »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78452 on: April 17, 2024, 04:04:58 pm »

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78453 on: April 17, 2024, 04:06:22 pm »
Room to grow. Nice

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #78454 on: April 17, 2024, 05:23:49 pm »
I dunno, how many full-backs go for much more than £35m+ in recent times, even if you're buying from a PL side - that Lewis Hall was a loan with £28m option/obligation. Livramento was £32m. Zinchenko about £35m I think? City love to drop £50m on a full back but not many other sides have form for that.

I doubt he goes for much more than that, if at all, not with Wolves in financial distress. Then again they might be able to meet PSR if (as seems likely) Neto goes, I don't know how in the shit they are. In which case they're in a better position to demand a big fee.

Coo-coo-rella and ‘Chilly’ went for silly money to Chelsea, AWB went for silly money to United, Ben White similar and United dropped big money on Shaw all those years ago. The worry with Ait-Nouri is if there’s competition for the signing, once that happens the fee could go right up. Imagine City want him, the conversation starts at £50m with City, I can’t see us going to that if there are other options out there which there should be really, it’s hardly a position that demands you have elite in is it?

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78455 on: April 17, 2024, 05:26:38 pm »
On Ait Nouri, I don't think it would be a difficult deal to do. Wolves are in a bit of financial distress, but more importantly he's a Mendes client - if Mendes wants to get him a new club then he'll get that done without much fuss ala Jota and Fabinho. Doesn't mean there wouldn't be competition, or that he'd be cheap, but I don't think Wolves can hold him to ransom.

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #78456 on: April 17, 2024, 05:29:22 pm »
Ah yes, don't shoot me but I think Onana is class.

I threw Anthony Gordon as a shout in here the other day and nobody really nibbled. I absolutely despise him but if he wasn’t a former blue I imagine he’d tick an awful lot of the boxes that we like in a player.

Onana is the type of player our squad needs but I find it hard to believe either side would try to make it happen. Hasn’t been a direct transfer since Xavier has there? They’d do everything in their power to make sure he goes to anywhere but here. He’d really bring the physical qualities we lack. Shame.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #78457 on: April 17, 2024, 05:36:03 pm »
They are, as they need to sell.

They might prefer to hold on to Levi Colwill though
and James has injury problems.

Gallacher probably moves to somewhere like Spurs too.

They won't unless we pay really silly money.

The likes of City, Chelsea and United happily sell to each other but just don't want to sell to us.

No way City sell us Cole Palmer for example (or even the lads they sold to Arsenal).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78458 on: April 17, 2024, 05:55:52 pm »
I threw Anthony Gordon as a shout in here the other day and nobody really nibbled. I absolutely despise him but if he wasn’t a former blue I imagine he’d tick an awful lot of the boxes that we like in a player.

Onana is the type of player our squad needs but I find it hard to believe either side would try to make it happen. Hasn’t been a direct transfer since Xavier has there? They’d do everything in their power to make sure he goes to anywhere but here. He’d really bring the physical qualities we lack. Shame.

Gordon's great in space, but does he have the close control and ability to play more patient football against a parked bus?  Overall, I really like his directness as a player, and if he could improve his end product here, he'd be quite excellent.
King Kenny.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78459 on: April 17, 2024, 06:14:51 pm »
Gordon's great in space, but does he have the close control and ability to play more patient football against a parked bus?  Overall, I really like his directness as a player, and if he could improve his end product here, he'd be quite excellent.

Gordon fails the no dickhead rule

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #78460 on: April 17, 2024, 06:21:44 pm »

I’d say he’s better than Gakpo in that regard. He’s probably not as skilled a dribbler as Diaz but it ‘feels’ like Gordon’s better at getting a good shot away from those inside forward positions, it feels like Diaz can be quite wasteful in those areas at times. He’s still young, has room to grow and devastating athleticism. He looked quite handy playing up front for England’s u21s in the summer too, although that was nowhere near the level of the premier league. He’s definitely gone up a level this season for Newcastle. It’s going to be interesting to see how they get on, they’ve got some good players who may be tempted to leave with their lack of CL, there’s been noise they have PSR/FFP issues and may need to sell one or two.  It’ll never happen like but I wouldn’t be shocked if one of the bigger clubs has a look at him.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78461 on: April 17, 2024, 07:03:33 pm »

What Asam said..

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78462 on: April 17, 2024, 07:14:26 pm »

What if the "no dickhead" rule leaves with Klopp?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78463 on: April 17, 2024, 07:24:40 pm »

Looks like those Jason Tindall rumours are gathering pace.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78464 on: April 17, 2024, 08:34:20 pm »

we can either be no dickhead or all dickhead, Klopp or Simeone choose your poison

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #78465 on: April 17, 2024, 09:04:28 pm »
I know fuck all about Gordon really, is he a tit off the field? He’s definitely a tit on the field.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #78466 on: April 17, 2024, 09:21:49 pm »
Gordon's great in space, but does he hav

Gordon's Alive?!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78467 on: April 17, 2024, 10:48:23 pm »
I’d say he’s better than Gakpo in that regard. He’s probably not as skilled a dribbler as Diaz but it ‘feels’ like Gordon’s better at getting a good shot away from those inside forward positions, it feels like Diaz can be quite wasteful in those areas at times. He’s still young, has room to grow and devastating athleticism. He looked quite handy playing up front for England’s u21s in the summer too, although that was nowhere near the level of the premier league. He’s definitely gone up a level this season for Newcastle. It’s going to be interesting to see how they get on, they’ve got some good players who may be tempted to leave with their lack of CL, there’s been noise they have PSR/FFP issues and may need to sell one or two.  It’ll never happen like but I wouldn’t be shocked if one of the bigger clubs has a look at him.
Gakpo currently has better underlying number then him.
Gakpo is at .59 XG+XGA with 3.29 shots per 90 in the pl
Gordon is at .53 XG +XGA with 2.57 shots per 90 in the PL.
Gordon also worse at Progressive passes too.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78468 on: April 17, 2024, 10:52:29 pm »
Have said before that we need to up the talent level in the squad. We have some really good players but the majority of our top stars are over 30. Players like Gordon are not elevating this squad. We need better.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78469 on: April 17, 2024, 10:56:44 pm »
Looks like those Jason Tindall rumours are gathering pace.
all joking aside, say what you want about Tindall but he'd be the first to put his hand out and offer a handshake

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #78470 on: April 17, 2024, 11:59:41 pm »
Gakpo currently has better underlying number then him.
Gakpo is at .59 XG+XGA with 3.29 shots per 90 in the pl
Gordon is at .53 XG +XGA with 2.57 shots per 90 in the PL.
Gordon also worse at Progressive passes too.

My point wasn’t around numbers, it was around dribbling in closer quarters, I’d say Gordon is a better dribbler than Gakpo and has better speed over all distances, with and without the ball.

But whilst you’ve gone there, it’s not a like for like, is it? One’s playing for a side that’s been top of the league most of the season, had the majority of the possession and chances in nearly every game they’ve played in, the other’s playing for Newcastle who have had their struggles throughout the season and don’t attack at will like we do for nearly 90 mins a game.

Mane’s last season at Southampton he hit 0.43 xg90 and 0.18 xa90, Gordon is currently 0.37 xg90 and 0.24 xa90, both possess elite athleticism and both can play across the front 3. By the way, I’m not wanting us to sign Gordon, I’m just saying if he wasn’t a blueshite he’d probably be someone very much on our radar given his combination of numbers, athleticism, age, physique and versatility. We obviously aren’t but he’s still a good player.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78471 on: April 18, 2024, 07:22:30 am »
Have said before that we need to up the talent level in the squad. We have some really good players but the majority of our top stars are over 30. Players like Gordon are not elevating this squad. We need better.
I think that hard thing is that I'm not sure there's any obvious players in positions where it'd make the biggest difference, who's the forward/attacking mid, defensive mid or centre back that does that for us? Feels like there's no Fabinho, Tchouameni, Caicedo that seems to stand out. Who's the stand out centre back talent in the premier league outside the top teams, Branthwaite? Forward type Wirtz or Kvaratskhelia I guess?

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #78472 on: April 18, 2024, 08:04:47 am »
After all the drama of a holding midfielder last summer we may potentially be in for a holding midfielder again this summer. IMHO, Endo doesn't have enough recovery pace and Baj is too raw. The DM crucial for any system and all the top teams have excellent DM.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #78473 on: April 18, 2024, 08:17:07 am »
After all the drama of a holding midfielder last summer we may potentially be in for a holding midfielder again this summer. IMHO, Endo doesn't have enough recovery pace and Baj is too raw. The DM crucial for any system and all the top teams have excellent DM.

Agreed and a new manager seems likely to buy a new one, in keeping with his style if play.

One interesting shout could be that Manuel Ugarte is currently underused as PSG, having been made into a top flight operator by..........Amorim at Sporting.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78474 on: April 18, 2024, 08:19:40 am »
I wouldn't mind if we tested Real for Rodrygo once Mbappe lands and takes some of his playing time. He looks like the only available option out there to meaninfully spend the Salah money if he goes.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #78475 on: April 18, 2024, 08:24:47 am »
Agreed and a new manager seems likely to buy a new one, in keeping with his style if play.

One interesting shout could be that Manuel Ugarte is currently underused as PSG, having been made into a top flight operator by..........Amorim at Sporting.

I don't think he is good enough on the ball for a top team. I'm only speculating about the DM as the new manager may feel Baj is natural with positional awareness and physical attributes (recovery pace, height, strength) to make the position his own. There is no stand out DM in European football that isn't already at a top club.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 08:27:06 am by spider-neil »

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #78476 on: April 18, 2024, 09:35:54 am »
There is no stand out DM in European football that isn't already at a top club.

Unless you're a mega nerd in glasses then you know naaaaaaaaaaaaaathing

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78477 on: April 18, 2024, 09:38:34 am »
I don't think he is good enough on the ball for a top team. I'm only speculating about the DM as the new manager may feel Baj is natural with positional awareness and physical attributes (recovery pace, height, strength) to make the position his own. There is no stand out DM in European football that isn't already at a top club.

Mats Wieffer
Morten Hjulmand
Alan Varela
Morten Frendrup

Could all potentially make the next step.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78478 on: April 18, 2024, 10:04:13 am »
Mats Wieffer
Morten Hjulmand
Alan Varela
Morten Frendrup

Could all potentially make the next step.

Potentially being the operative word.

Think of how highly rated the likes of  Sangare and (by me in particular) Ugarte was the last few years. Now see how shit they are now

These are DM's doing good stuff in minor leagues and past history says they may not be anywhere near good enough to make the step up.

I also maintain my standpoint previously that if Amorim is sticking to his style to a T and needs a DM for that, that probably means quite a few of our players getting sold - we are already heavily overstocked in midfield of we say they are also not good enough for Amorim's midfield then a good number have to go we haven't got places for them.

You could say play them behind the striker role but they don't suit that - you'd be sacrificing our attack to enable us to by a DM without upsetting the apple cart, where a much simpler solution would probably be to try and work the tactics around what we have got.

If he can get a solid defense with Coates in it I am sure he can get a good midfield system that suits his style with the midfielders we have

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78479 on: April 18, 2024, 10:08:26 am »
Potentially being the operative word.

Think of how highly rated the likes of  Sangare and (by me in particular) Ugarte was the last few years. Now see how shit they are now

These are DM's doing good stuff in minor leagues and past history says they may not be anywhere near good enough to make the step up.

I also maintain my standpoint previously that if Amorim is sticking to his style to a T and needs a DM for that, that probably means quite a few of our players getting sold - we are already heavily overstocked in midfield of we say they are also not good enough for Amorim's midfield then a good number have to go we haven't got places for them.

You could say play them behind the striker role but they don't suit that - you'd be sacrificing our attack to enable us to by a DM without upsetting the apple cart, where a much simpler solution would probably be to try and work the tactics around what we have got.

If he can get a solid defense with Coates in it I am sure he can get a good midfield system that suits his style with the midfielders we have

Is Ugarte doing shit? Surprised he seemed very good.

Everyone is potential until they get here :D