Author Topic: Liverpool 1-0 QPR: (Suarez) Latest....  (Read 68112 times)

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Re: Liverpool v Queens Park Rangers, December 10th, 15:00 GMT.
« Reply #160 on: December 7, 2011, 09:18:54 am »
nearly every game i have been to this season at home has been a draw! I hope this changes on saturday! We need a prolific strike like David Villa, Cavani, orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Fernando Morientes? :)

Offline kapil08

• Kopite
« Reply #161 on: December 7, 2011, 09:28:26 am »
On current form, maybe a win by a single-goal, or the result we dread most.....a draw :(

Warnock's going to have his side fired-up, no doubt about it, and they'll be up for the battle.

F*ck, just wish Saturday was here sooner.

"If Bob Paisley had been on the continent or in America, in whatever capacity or field he worked, and achieved what he achieved, I think he’d be rated higher than the President, the Lord Mayor, the King or the Queen or whatever"

Ron Atkinson

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: December 7, 2011, 09:54:14 am »
nearly every game i have been to this season at home has been a draw! I hope this changes on saturday! We need a prolific strike like David Villa, Cavani, orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Fernando Morientes? :)

Villa hasn't been that prolific since joining Barcelona. Sure, he may be playing LW, but his finishing has been poor. And there's no way Cavani is joining us...
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #163 on: December 7, 2011, 10:28:04 am »
 I genuinely can't believe we're going into the Christmas fixture list behind Arsenal. With the start we enjoyed and the terrible fortune that came their way, I assumed we'd just stay ahead of them all season without too much of a fuss but we haven't even made it 'till the new year.

This is an absolute must win for us, as every game is.

Lets fucking smash Warnock into next century, with a smile on our faces.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: December 7, 2011, 10:29:55 am »
We're shaken, Luis is tired and it shows, midfield crippled by injuries and anything but a victory might send us sliding.
Will be a good game no?

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: December 7, 2011, 11:29:34 am »
Watched 4 games at home this season and 3 of them were draws (Swansea, City, Sunderland).  I know we have been playing decent football, but I've given up thinking that one of these days we'll hammer someone.  I think we are shellshocked over the loss of Lucas and now the awful loss to Fulham when we should have put them to bed a lot earlier.

I agree that Suarez potentially needs a rest.  Perhaps try Kuyt and Carroll from the start.  In truth I have no idea, but we need to keep in touch with the teams above us as there is a real danger they could cut us loose with some more missed chances.

Offline brunny

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #166 on: December 7, 2011, 11:37:50 am »
What is the current injury status of Aurelio? Kenny doesn't say he is injured in his press conferences. I remember him doing a good job at DM.
http://game2.mafiadeath.com/r/35526.php
MafiaDeath Username: gabrown

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: December 7, 2011, 12:13:27 pm »
Blizzards apparently in the north west these next 2 nights...
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline ldsn

• Kopite
« Reply #168 on: December 7, 2011, 12:17:14 pm »
Out of 6 games I've been to this year, only seen us win twice. Wolves at home and Chelsea away in the league. Haven't seen us lose though with draws against United, Norwich, Swansea and City. Let's change that this Saturday, Lads!

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #169 on: December 7, 2011, 12:18:45 pm »
Villa hasn't been that prolific since joining Barcelona. Sure, he may be playing LW, but his finishing has been poor. And there's no way Cavani is joining us...

Yeah, 23 in 48 is terrible. Just terrible.

And Cavani won't even discuss terms with Liverpool on Football Manager because we aren't in Europe, which seems realistic enough to me.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #170 on: December 7, 2011, 12:19:39 pm »
I remember him doing a good job at DM.

He was awful there against Fiorentina.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: December 7, 2011, 12:47:15 pm »
I worry more about these type of game than I do against the likes of Man City or Chelsea.

I would love to see Bellamy and Maxi on the pitch again, they seem to do well together. 
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #172 on: December 7, 2011, 12:51:36 pm »
Blizzards apparently in the north west these next 2 nights...

Good conditions for AC. I hope he starts and scores.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #173 on: December 7, 2011, 01:23:08 pm »
Why do we need an anchorman at home against QPR?

Why don't we take the game to them?

Offline Delmar

• RAWK ist nicht under Ziel - die TLW unser Weg
  • Anny Roader
  • A lifelong Red....
« Reply #174 on: December 7, 2011, 02:08:13 pm »
Bellamy will start and score, as will Carroll. 2-0 red men.
Justice for the 96. YNWA

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: December 7, 2011, 02:34:30 pm »

I wonder when the idea of playing with an anchorman at home will stop being looked upon as being negative? By extension, does this mean Lucas would only play the away games? We had all this stuff when Rafa was here, and the disillusioned minority cheered from the rafters because we'd finally be going all out with a 442 under the Owl.

Lucas gave us a platform. He stopped them, and gave the ball back to us. That anchorman bit into Mikel deep in their half and we had 6 players in forward positions. Still... lets attack with a 442. Wouldn't be surprised if we DID go 442 against QPR tho, as we don't have an anchorman now for a while. Do we have 2 central midfielders to do that tho? I don't think we have, not even if we had Lucas and Gerrard there IMO, but I guess it has a chance. We haven't seen them together for a while sadly.

Adam and Henderson? I'm not sure.

Under Rafa, you could could throw a net over various 'zones' on the pitch and 8/10 times you'd catch your target. Very different under Kenny. When the team sheets get put up, we can no longer imagine how we set up, and I like that. Henderson v Fulham wandered and drifted all over the park, and had a fine game - you can't do that in a 442.

I thought we'd line up with 5 at the back, and I wonder if we'll see that v QPR. 5 at the back!? At home?! V QPR!? You're mad. Well.. it's really 3, Agger Skrtel and Kelly, Enrique and Johnson wide, Maxi, Suarez and Bellamy ahead of Adam and Henderson. It might allow Henderson more room to drift around and we've got the movement up front.

Patients.

Offline Fauxy

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh na na, whats my name? Rihanna. Get in the van.
« Reply #176 on: December 7, 2011, 02:48:07 pm »

Because an Anchor man allows other players to go forward without as much defensive responsibility..

Just because a team has an anchor man in it doesnt mean its a defensive set up.
Follow me on twitter!

http://twitter.com/Benfauxy

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: December 7, 2011, 02:57:00 pm »
I know it's probably been done to death on here so apologies in advance...

But if Suarez picks up a two match ban for the incident on Monday night, will that ban come into effect before this weekend? I don't know why but I have a feeling if he plays on Saturday there's a goal or two in it for him...
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #178 on: December 7, 2011, 03:01:56 pm »
I'd have thought we'd go 4-5-1 or even 4-2-3-1 in an attempt to keep a solid screen in front of the back four. As discussed on this page, this doesn't have to be negative, if it means the forward players ( those in front of the ball rather than set positions) can worry about where to run and where to stretch play rather than having to come back to help out an overstretched defender.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline greyfade

• "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....."
  • Legacy Fan
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #179 on: December 7, 2011, 03:06:04 pm »
Dear Kenny,

MAXI.

Regards,
greyfade

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: December 7, 2011, 03:06:25 pm »
I know it's probably been done to death on here so apologies in advance...

But if Suarez picks up a two match ban for the incident on Monday night, will that ban come into effect before this weekend? I don't know why but I have a feeling if he plays on Saturday there's a goal or two in it for him...

Hold on a minute !

Is there a real chance that Suarez will get a ban for having an index finger ?

There was no incident on Monday. :no
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline redhot-robbie

• Kopite
  • and could he play!
« Reply #181 on: December 7, 2011, 03:09:10 pm »

I know what you are saying but thats not how football works.  If we don't have someone in a deep role then you allow players to go 1 on 1 with our defenders, which maybe ok because Agger and Skittle are doing well at the moment but you will also give players between the line a bit of time to get a shot in.  The deep midfield is more that a defender he is someone who can keep the play moving and allow flair players a bit more freedom.

I would like to see

Reina

Kelly      Skittle      Agger     Enrique

Henderson
             Adam             Maxi
Bellamy           Kuyt              Suarez

Poss swap Bellamy for Downing.

And I'll go 3-1 with Kuyt, Maxi and Suarez all getting goals
"What you achieve in life, echoes in eternity"

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: December 7, 2011, 03:11:59 pm »

I would like to see

Reina

Kelly      Skittle      Agger     Enrique

Henderson
             Adam             Maxi
Bellamy           Kuyt              Suarez

Unfortunately Henderson cannot tackle. Nor does he have the aggressiveness/bravery to bully people off the ball.

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #183 on: December 7, 2011, 03:12:18 pm »
I wonder when the idea of playing with an anchorman at home will stop being looked upon as being negative? By extension, does this mean Lucas would only play the away games? We had all this stuff when Rafa was here, and the disillusioned minority cheered from the rafters because we'd finally be going all out with a 442 under the Owl.

Lucas gave us a platform. He stopped them, and gave the ball back to us. That anchorman bit into Mikel deep in their half and we had 6 players in forward positions. Still... lets attack with a 442. Wouldn't be surprised if we DID go 442 against QPR tho, as we don't have an anchorman now for a while. Do we have 2 central midfielders to do that tho? I don't think we have, not even if we had Lucas and Gerrard there IMO, but I guess it has a chance. We haven't seen them together for a while sadly.

Adam and Henderson? I'm not sure.

Under Rafa, you could could throw a net over various 'zones' on the pitch and 8/10 times you'd catch your target. Very different under Kenny. When the team sheets get put up, we can no longer imagine how we set up, and I like that. Henderson v Fulham wandered and drifted all over the park, and had a fine game - you can't do that in a 442.

I thought we'd line up with 5 at the back, and I wonder if we'll see that v QPR. 5 at the back!? At home?! V QPR!? You're mad. Well.. it's really 3, Agger Skrtel and Kelly, Enrique and Johnson wide, Maxi, Suarez and Bellamy ahead of Adam and Henderson. It might allow Henderson more room to drift around and we've got the movement up front.

Patients.

Well said. Barcelona play with an anchorman (Busquet), Real play with Khedira, City play with Barry/Yaya.  The anchorman is fast becoming one of the critical positions on the field.  It gives you stability in defense and a trigger point for your offense.  There are not too many people who do it as well as Lucas, so he will be missed. But playing with an anchorman is not necessarily negative.  If you play with two DMs and one more attacking midfielder (Think Lucas, Spearing + Adam) vs one DM with two AM (Lucas + Adam and Stevie), then you can say that is defensive.

As for QPR we have no DMs, but I still think we should play with 5 in the middle. Usual back four; Hendo, Adam; Kuyt, Maxi, Bellamy; Suraez
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Offline redhot-robbie

• Kopite
  • and could he play!
« Reply #184 on: December 7, 2011, 03:22:42 pm »
Unfortunately Henderson cannot tackle. Nor does he have the aggressiveness/bravery to bully people off the ball.

Have you seen him play there before, done it for the under 21's a couple of times, I'd be very very suprised if he doesn't start in that role.
"What you achieve in life, echoes in eternity"

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: December 7, 2011, 03:23:36 pm »
Hold on a minute !

Is there a real chance that Suarez will get a ban for having an index finger ?

There was no incident on Monday. :no

This is the incident I was referring to. http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-24018365-the-football-association-probe-luis-suarezs-middle-finger-salute.do
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: December 7, 2011, 03:26:28 pm »
This is the incident I was referring to. http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-24018365-the-football-association-probe-luis-suarezs-middle-finger-salute.do

Like i said, there was no incident. Compare to the likes of Rooney and Terry using foul mouthed abuse of refs every game.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #187 on: December 7, 2011, 03:27:27 pm »
Win.  Just win.

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #188 on: December 7, 2011, 03:30:47 pm »
with Lucas and Spearing out its going to be interesting

Agger or Kuyt should fill that position imo
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #189 on: December 7, 2011, 03:32:39 pm »
Yes, you're expected to win all your home games and it's disappointing when you don't - but I think this is our first proper must win of the season. No other result will do, otherwise we are in a really bad position for getting onto the top 4.  Spurs are already 11 ahed if they win their GIH and Arsenal and Chelsea are going to be tough to dislodge now.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: December 7, 2011, 04:01:13 pm »
Like i said, there was no incident. Compare to the likes of Rooney and Terry using foul mouthed abuse of refs every game.

Sticking your middle finger up at fans is a more severe case in my opinion. Just like Rooney swearing directly into a camera at West Ham last season. I hope he doesn't pick up a ban but I'd be surprised if the FA didn't act.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: December 7, 2011, 04:43:58 pm »
I know it has been asked and nobody knows, but if Aurelio is actually fit, then we may as well get our 60 minutes before he is injured again out of him and play him as part of a midfield 3 with Adam and Henderson. Enough passing ability and vision there to deal with QPR, even without any sort of real DM.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: December 7, 2011, 04:52:49 pm »
Another thought. Last year when we got threadbare Kenny turned to Flanno and Robinson and they both did great. Might he be looking at Coady and wondering about bringing him into the mix?
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: December 7, 2011, 05:19:00 pm »
we could experiment, why not...

------------------- REINA -------------------

Kelly ----- Skrtel ----- Agger --- Enrique

---------- Henderson --- Adam -----------

Johnson ------------ Maxi -------- Bellamy

--------------------- Suarez ----------

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #194 on: December 7, 2011, 05:30:43 pm »
Firmly believing that pride comes before a fall, I very rarely shout the odds when approaching a game...but ...the celebrated anagram, Colin Wanker, is owed a hiding by LFC for his cheap, disrespectful digs at us afew seasons a go....and he'll get it on Saturday....we'll twat them.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #195 on: December 7, 2011, 05:33:26 pm »
please ignore my previous post...ive just seen that Lee Mason is refereeing the game
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Cybertom

• Legacy Fan
  • Rodgers will lead us back to glory.
« Reply #196 on: December 7, 2011, 05:33:47 pm »
I'm a huge believer in the defensive midfielder. To me, it's the most important role in the modern football team. A typical good player in this position will intercept, tackle and find the space and time to move the ball forward.
But I think we should not play a "defensive" midfielder against QPR. Play 5 in midfield with two traditional midfielders who are mobile and energetic (can Adam do this?), two widemen and one in the hole. Of course I would play Lucas if he was fit, but I think we should go on the front foot and hopefully my tactics wouldn't backfire.

Offline MiddleMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: December 7, 2011, 05:41:12 pm »
keep the ball, don't give them a chance to over run our midfield.

easy as.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: December 7, 2011, 06:27:48 pm »
The pre match press conference will be interesting now.

Offline Roy of the rovers

• TORY Supporter - proof being he voted for Blair...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #199 on: December 7, 2011, 06:40:37 pm »
oh lets wait for the 3-0, 5-0, 6-0 predictions and then if its a draw...Kenny, Carroll, Sureaz, Adam they're all fucking useless drivel

Seems some folks aren't waiting for a draw before they have a pop at Andy...