Author Topic: Fat Frank--Worst signing.  (Read 7421 times)

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
Re: Fat Frank--Worst signing.
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2016, 01:09:40 pm »
Deliberately tried to book Alonso during the semi final of CL, likely by the instructions of Mourinho.

Ironic then that he would end up getting himself deliberately booked in the CL, likely at the instruction of Mourinho

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2016, 09:25:26 pm »
Never liked Lampard during his time at Chelsea, but no denying he was an outstanding player. He raised the bar for midfielders scoring 20+ goals per season.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2016, 10:15:56 pm »
I thought he was dead!

Or maybe I was thinking of Frankie Howerd?

Carry on..

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2016, 11:46:10 pm »
http://bbc.in/1WJlpwS

Frank Lampard was jeered by his own fans as his New York City side were humiliated 7-0 by New York Red Bulls.

Substitute Lampard, 37, was making his first appearance of the season in the week it was revealed that he earns $6m (£4.1m) - more than the entire Red Bulls squad.

Patrick Vieira's City - who started with fellow big names Andrea Pirlo and David Villa - had 57.7% of possession.

Bradley Wright-Phillips scored twice for the Red Bulls.

The former Manchester City striker now has 50 goals in MLS - one fewer than Thierry Henry managed for the same club.

Red Bulls were already 5-0 up when ex-Chelsea and England midfielder Lampard, who had been out with a calf injury, replaced Pirlo with 15 minutes remaining.

The win equals the record for the biggest margin in MLS history.

Los Angeles Galaxy beat Dallas Burn 8-1 in 1998 while Chicago Fire beat Kansas City Wizards 7-0 in 2001.

Lampard, Pirlo and Villa are all in the league's top 10 earners, with Red Bulls' top earner Wright-Phillips in contrast set to make $650,000 (£448,000) this season.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2016, 05:19:06 pm »
Want to highlight this bit..

Substitute Lampard, 37, was making his first appearance of the season in the week it was revealed that he earns $6m (£4.1m) - more than the entire Red Bulls squad.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2016, 07:16:24 pm »
Lampard, Villa, and Pirlo being beat 7-0 by a team led by Shaun Wright-Phillps's less talented brother. :o

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2016, 07:59:29 pm »
"I had a really good chat with David. As a footballer I don't want to get involved with the campaigning thing but I am a Tory and I really like David Cameron."

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2016, 08:28:24 pm »
Lampard seems to be another one of those players who gets a lot of heat on here for no apparent reason

Indeed, he's nowhere near the worst of them. Compare him to Terry and he's a saint. Although that's true of most human beings.

Decent player. But I've always thought part of the issue our fans had with him was that he often stole Gerrard's place in the spotlight. Certainly for England there was always this media push to build the midfield around him, often at Gerrard's expense, when almost certainly Gerrard was the better player. Personally, I don't care about England, but I can see why this would stick in the craw.

Anyway, I think the story here says a lot more about the sad state of affairs that is the "City" franchise (which let's not forget has also completely destroyed Manchester City as a historic team and replaced them with some kind of celebrity exhibition for fly-by-night fans) and the fact that the MLS system is bent. Why the hell have a City team, rather than give a berth to the one team that actually has fame and history - the Cosmos? All about money, of course, but it's short term thinking because the MLS needs its own teams, not just some shit Premier League tribute act.

And while we're on the subject of New York MLS, don't get me started on the Red Bull bullshit.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 08:30:58 pm by Robotforaday »

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2016, 10:26:17 pm »
Think nycfc also are committed to building a football specific stadium in New York too which got them the vote