Author Topic: Levi Bellfield confesses to the murders of Lin and Megan Russell says solicitor  (Read 1288 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Levi Bellfield confession over Lin and Megan Russell murders, lawyer says

The man serving life for the murder of schoolgirl Millie Dowler has confessed to killing mother and daughter Lin and Megan Russell, a lawyer has said.

Another man, Michael Stone, has twice been found guilty of the murders of Ms Russell and her six-year-old daughter in Kent in July 1996.

His solicitor says he has now received a statement written by Levi Bellfield which details the killings.

Stone was also found guilty of trying to murder Megan's sister Josie.

Lin Russell and her daughters Megan and Josie, then nine, were attacked as they walked along a country lane in Chillenden, before being bound, blindfolded and bludgeoned with a claw hammer.

On the day of the murders, Dr Shaun Russell was told that he had lost his whole family. It was only when a policeman at the scene noticed Josie move that it was realised she had survived the attack.

Stone was first found guilty of two counts of murder and one of attempted murder in 1998 and again in 2001, after the Court of Appeal quashed his conviction due to doubts over a prosecution witness.

An application to the Criminal Cases Review Commission (CCRC) in 2010 was rejected and an attempt to seek a judicial review of the decision also failed in 2011.

Stone has always protested his innocence.

Levi Bellfield will never be released from prison after being convicted of three murders and one attempted murder
His solicitor Paul Bacon says he has now received a four-page statement from Bellfield in which he claims to have carried out the attacks, including details of what he was wearing and how he made his escape.

Bellfield is currently serving a life sentence for the murder of 13-year-old Millie, who went missing from Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, in 2002.

He has also been convicted of murdering Marsha McDonnell and Amelie Delagrange, and of the attempted murder of Kate Sheedy, and will never be considered for parole.

The alleged confession will now be referred to the CCRC.

Kent Police and the Crown Prosecution Service have been contacted.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-60278013
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Another miscarriage of justice..............
« Last Edit: February 6, 2022, 11:12:28 am by Red-Soldier »

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Fucking hell!!

Poor guy, over 25 years in jail. :-[
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fucking hell!!

Poor guy, over 25 years in jail. :-[

Imagine doing 25 years in jail, for a terrible crime you didn't commit!

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
Just reading up on the case, the whole case rested on testimony from a prison cellmate who said Stone told him he did the murders.

Stone had psychiatric issues years prior to those murders and was fantasising of murdering people to nurses and his psychiatrist multiple times.

DNA progression and there was none of Stone and he was 40 miles away from the crime and had a receipt that day of the murder showing him in Gillingham, the whole case rested on hearsay of a Prisoner.

Crazy. :-\
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Hopefully Bellfield is telling the truth and not just attention seeking.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hopefully Bellfield is telling the truth and not just attention seeking.

The solicitor has said he has provided details of the killings, there is probably stuff the murderer knows that has never been public, so they can hopefully prove he is telling the truth.

If it is the truth, its yet another example of why the death penalty should never be re-introduced in the UK.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
The solicitor has said he has provided details of the killings, there is probably stuff the murderer knows that has never been public, so they can hopefully prove he is telling the truth.

If it is the truth, its yet another example of why the death penalty should never be re-introduced in the UK.

Hopefully leading to Stone's release and Bellfield's conviction.

And I bet Bellfield pleads not guilty to drag things out and to exert some control.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan

There has been evidence to suggest he was a suspect, quite convincing evidence he was too.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
Fucking sickening example of how our justice system can go wrong yet the media and politicians rely on it so heavily

‘they were found guilty in a court of law’

Edit: obviously if it is the case that this Bellfield c*nt is telling the truth about this horrible crime.  Which he’s got nothing to gain for lying about it…
« Last Edit: February 6, 2022, 04:33:10 pm by Jshooters »
Believer

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Fucking sickening example of how our justice system can go wrong yet the media and politicians rely on it so heavily

‘they were found guilty in a court of law’

Edit: obviously if it is the case that this Bellfield c*nt is telling the truth about this horrible crime.  Which he’s got nothing to gain for lying about it…

And he's nothing to lose, either.

That's the problem with a situation like this. Stone's conviction depended on the word of a prisoner saying he heard him say he did it. Now his innocence depends on the word of another prisoner saying he did it instead.

I remember little of the case, but as Rob says, there are probably details not in the public domain that only the killer and the police would be aware of, and if A-bomb is right, there are more than circumstantial links as well. 

We can only hope Bellfield isn't just gobbing off for shits and giggles.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer

Absolutely appalling for the person involved. Sincerely hope that Bellfield isn`t just making shit up

Of course he could break out anyway and go on the run with his mates in a really obvious van.

(sorry, I know it's not a laughing matter but I couldn`t resist)
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Before it's seen as a travesty of justice to Stone, Bellfield has been investigated for this before now (albeit by the Met) and no links to the murders were proven.

"A comprehensive investigation has previously been carried out by the Metropolitan police into allegations that Bellfield was involved in the Russell murders. It concluded there was no evidence to support the claims."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/feb/06/levi-bellfield-admits-to-murdering-lin-and-megan-russell-say-lawyers

Going to wait and see on this one before I jump to a conclusion one way or another.  Could easily be Bellfield manipulating people with known details.  Again though, as stated above, another reason for the UK (or any country really) to invoke the death penalty.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
Before it's seen as a travesty of justice to Stone, Bellfield has been investigated for this before now (albeit by the Met) and no links to the murders were proven.

"A comprehensive investigation has previously been carried out by the Metropolitan police into allegations that Bellfield was involved in the Russell murders. It concluded there was no evidence to support the claims."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/feb/06/levi-bellfield-admits-to-murdering-lin-and-megan-russell-say-lawyers

Going to wait and see on this one before I jump to a conclusion one way or another.  Could easily be Bellfield manipulating people with known details.  Again though, as stated above, another reason for the UK (or any country really) to invoke the death penalty.

It could also be that there was zero evidence at the crime scene and they convicted someone who was miles away on the same day based on one person's testimony that he'd overheard him admitting to the crime

See what details he can give about what happened and that'll give you a better idea of whether he did it or not

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This stinks of Bellfield fucking around bored in prison.  A play for a move/better conditions etc.

He ex wife who testified against him on two of the other murders claims there's no way he could have done it.  Not sure what she has to gain, helping send him down for two murders then lying about Lin and Megan Russell.

Just my opinion but will be very surprised if this even gets to court.