Author Topic: Rhian Brewster  (Read 332066 times)

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Rhian Brewster
« Reply #2440 on: October 2, 2020, 09:32:05 pm »
I sincerely hope we end up resigning him for £50m+ ... because it would mean he has rocked it at Sheffield United and he's developed.

Just one of those where he was too good to not get game time in the Prem, but he was behind 5 strikers at Liverpool and risked regressing as a player.

The deal is fair and right - nothing more and nothing less. Wish the lad well - he's got amazing talent and going to an excellent club to play under a manager that I think most have a lot of respect for.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #2441 on: October 2, 2020, 09:58:05 pm »
Best of luck to him!

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2442 on: October 2, 2020, 10:05:54 pm »
I'll be stunned if he ends up back at the club but wish him the best of luck. Have a soft spot for Wilder and Sheffield United so I hope it works out for all parties.

There will be a decent amount of pressure on Rhian to deliver. They have a shocking lack of quality up top and they could be headed for the drop if they don't turn things around.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2443 on: October 2, 2020, 10:11:10 pm »
Well Fulham seems as good a place to start as any right now
What odds on a hat trick on his debut?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2444 on: October 2, 2020, 10:22:24 pm »
Best wishes to Rhian at Shef. Utd. except against us.

Hope he makes it back here.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2445 on: October 2, 2020, 10:30:05 pm »
I'll be stunned if he ends up back at the club but wish him the best of luck. Have a soft spot for Wilder and Sheffield United so I hope it works out for all parties.

There will be a decent amount of pressure on Rhian to deliver. They have a shocking lack of quality up top and they could be headed for the drop if they don't turn things around.
Even last year they struggled with goals. They need him.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #2446 on: October 2, 2020, 10:37:38 pm »
Best of luck Rhian, maybe you will come back to earn the no9 shirt when Bobby hangs up his boots!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #2447 on: October 3, 2020, 12:09:49 am »

Agree, all round, although I would have loved to see him come through here Klopp obviously feels that he can't at the moment as there are 6 players ahead of him in terms of who you would select ahead of him just at this moment. Edwards has pulled off a totally canny deal, if he is no good, we get £23.5m, if he is fantastic, we get him back, if he is good but not good enough for us we get 15% of any sale fee and if he is decent then we get to sell him to a good club unlikely to be a rival but who may damage our competitors (and us possibly).

We have three forwards who may are 28, 28 and 29 (happy birthday Roberto), 3 years means all 3 are likely to be ending their time at the top or near to.

Excellent deal and I say that as one who wanted him to succeed at this club, well done Edwards, good luck Rhian, see you on the 24th October
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2448 on: October 3, 2020, 12:28:26 am »
All the best Rhian lad. Go on and win a couple of Golden Boots and then come back home ya ...
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2449 on: October 3, 2020, 02:20:57 am »
Good deal for both parties, and Rhian himself.
Believer

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2450 on: October 3, 2020, 02:41:00 am »
Good Luck Rhian.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2451 on: October 3, 2020, 12:08:55 pm »
See you October 24th when Sheffield United come to Anfield.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2452 on: October 3, 2020, 12:10:57 pm »
Good luck to him.

I prefer if we keep our best young players, but where we are now is special. We are the best side around, our front trio is world class and we have just added Jota. The fee we get is big and all in all the deal makes sense.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline sempi

• Sees Harry Styles Everywhere
  • Kopite
  • Gary, Gary Mac, he's got no hair but we don't care
« Reply #2453 on: October 3, 2020, 12:52:45 pm »
It's probably been said, but surely he is better than Origi.
Much as I like the idea of a 3 year loan deal, but surely he will learn more here than at a club that already looks like it will struggle this season. The front three are immovable but the next three strikers Jota  apart, are still unproven in the league.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #2454 on: October 3, 2020, 03:29:55 pm »
All the best lad. 

Sorry to see him go but probably the best for his career in the long run.  I think there is a real player in there and hope he blossoms at Sheffield Utd.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #2455 on: October 3, 2020, 03:37:43 pm »
I've already said I am delighted with the money we got and the great clauses. Sorry in a way for him though, in the sense of being that young and having all the weight of responsibility to be the source of goals for a struggling club in this league.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Racer

• Shit Aldi Snickers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2456 on: October 3, 2020, 04:34:07 pm »
Has anyone got an idea on how the buy back clause actually works ? Is a fixed fee part of the deal ?

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #2457 on: October 3, 2020, 05:29:57 pm »

Brewster's Millions, eh?  ;)

No one? :sad

fc leaves thread.
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2458 on: October 3, 2020, 05:36:29 pm »

fc leaves thread.

Ages ago. Ages.

Haha

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2459 on: October 3, 2020, 06:23:31 pm »

fc leaves thread.
We all have too much self respect

(we don't)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2460 on: October 4, 2020, 06:14:05 am »
I watched that U-17 world cup which England won. And, he was more impressive than a lot of his compatriots from that team. He was certainly on par comfortably if not better than Foden and Sancho in that tournament.
But, I remember him being a lot faster than he is now when I watched him in that U-17 world cup. Whether it was the injuries or whether he just grew to what he is, he has lost that explosion of pace he had. But, his finishing and shot power is still amazing. I hope he can improve on other aspects of his game under Wilder, because it would give me great joy to see him succeed to the level where he deserves.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #2461 on: October 4, 2020, 11:04:53 am »

fc leaves thread.

Just to point out that we've sold Rhian for $30m. If that isn't a bit of epic trolling by Edwards I don't know what is ;D
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Online CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2462 on: October 4, 2020, 11:31:14 am »
Has anyone got an idea on how the buy back clause actually works ? Is a fixed fee part of the deal ?

If it works how the vast majority of "buy-back" clauses work (unlike first options, these clauses tend to have actual legal effect), it would work as follows:

Contractual agreement with SU to buy back for a set fee. This is a release clause, and not subject to future negotiations.
Contract agreement with Brewster agreed now. This will include pre-agreed terms and not subject to future negotiations. In order for this agreement to be enforceable, LFC will have had to have paid Brewster something now. The 3 year limitation period is likely to ensure that the clause remains compliant with employment law.

I.e. if the clause is exercised, we don't have to negotiate with either SU or Brewster.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2463 on: October 24, 2020, 10:41:52 pm »
Rhian would make a fine Championship player. Unfortunately, that's where this lot belongs. Along with Burnley.

Then, one day, we can take him back.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2464 on: October 24, 2020, 10:45:08 pm »
He needs service. Eventually Sheffield United will figure out his runs. As they have City and Chelsea next, i'm hoping Rhian gets on fire, scoring for fun.   8)

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #2465 on: October 24, 2020, 11:00:00 pm »
In a strange way I was dissapointed with him tonight, he was anonymous, I wouldn't blame his team mates for that either I thought he carried no threat and didn't make good runs off the ball. 

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2466 on: October 24, 2020, 11:15:34 pm »
He's good but think you have to be honest and say he'll struggle for goals. He has no experience at this level and he isn't going to get great service. Would love for him to prove me wrong but I don't see it.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2467 on: October 24, 2020, 11:28:15 pm »
we will see how he gets on.
But he was poor tonight

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2468 on: October 24, 2020, 11:41:46 pm »
In a strange way I was dissapointed with him tonight, he was anonymous, I wouldn't blame his team mates for that either I thought he carried no threat and didn't make good runs off the ball.

and that is the issue he always needed to work on, Jürgen Klopp pretty much said so, his work in the box - very good, but it’s all the stuff out of it that is very much a work in progress that needs developing.

Time will tell if he is able to work on those aspects.  I hope he does. Poor today for sure, but early days in the prem for him, intersting to see how he gets on.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #2469 on: October 24, 2020, 11:53:49 pm »
Too early to tell for sure but I think he'll be fine. I like strikers like Rhian who have nothing else to do but hang out inside the box and pounce when chances come their way. Part of why Firmino isn't scoring that often is that he has too much else to do/think about and his tracking back responsibilities are huge. Rhian didn't have what it took to be a Firmino replacement but that doesn't mean he won't be a smashing success elsewhere. Sheffield will need to start winning matches soon and in order to do that they must find a way to support him and keep him healthy.