Author Topic: Labour Thread * No Gaza *  (Read 95241 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Labour Thread * No Gaza *
« Reply #3160 on: April 26, 2024, 10:21:27 am »
A headline Labour policy I can really get behind!  Hopefully the first of many.

However for as long as they remain lukewarm towards the EU then I'll remain lukewarm towards them.

Are you having a laugh?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3161 on: April 26, 2024, 01:50:26 pm »
Have you worked for other TOCs as a comparisson

Yes. Really does depend on where you work from really. Even down to which depot let alone the toc.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3162 on: April 27, 2024, 08:48:09 am »
I was talking to a train enthusiast the other day who says the train service was far worse before privatisation. Not sure of his politics but I didn't really use trains much back then so have no comparison.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3163 on: April 27, 2024, 09:33:44 am »
I was talking to a train enthusiast the other day who says the train service was far worse before privatisation. Not sure of his politics but I didn't really use trains much back then so have no comparison.

Privatisation took place between 1994 and 1997. I'm not sure anybody can reliably say how good or bad the service was prior to 1994 when comparing it to what it is now, even if they are a train enthusiast. BR was the butt of many a joke back in the 80s - "coffee has gone up to 80p a slice" - but I'd say only people born prior to 1970 who have actually worked in the industry for an extended period of time both before and after privatisation are really qualified to judge.

You could say trains themselves have improved, but over a 30 year period that's a given. There's still plenty of pre-1994 rolling stock kicking around.

In the early 90s I travelled to Birmingham New Street for a concert, coming back the next day, and it cost me £22.50. A quick look at trainline shows a bewildering set of ticket options. Two "limited availability" singles coming in at around £30 for the pair - but that's for specific trains at specific times; super off peak return for £39; off peak return for £49; anytime return £74; first class singles costing between £48 and £54. The base price isn't unreasonable given a 30 year gap, but it's clear that the current system is a breeding ground for confusion - and I travel fairly regularly and have an idea of what I'm doing.

It's genuinely easier to book a flight on Easyjet. These days I can't even be arsed with Trainline because booking train tickets has become so effing tedious. I just go the Lime Street Station about a week before I'm due to travel, as the people there are nice and know how to get you the best priced tickets.

EDIT: Maybe rail nationalisation could be peeled off into a separate topic?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 09:37:23 am by Red Beret »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3164 on: April 27, 2024, 10:33:55 am »
I think the train service was probably just as bad but prices were far cheaper back then.
Ive never really been a regular train user but I did have a few problems when I did use the train. say 1977-92. staff were terrible, no announcements, we planned to go to London one Sunday. got to the train station well before train was due, long train pulls up but no announcement, so looked around to ask a guard to confirm it was London train, yep London train he told me so we jumped on, soon realised something was wrong when we pulled into Chester, checked again and told it was actually the Llandudno train, wasted whole day, we should have arrived in London around mid day, it was evening by the time we arrived, another time I arrived at the station when a train pulled up and thought that's handy, might make that if we hurry, it was around New years, freezing cold and I had 2 kids with me, walking fast on the platform and a saw a guard looking at us rushing but just stepped on the train, another guard saw us and just got on the train ignoring us. train started pulling away and guard starting pissing himself laughing leaning out waving goodbye at us, I hit the roof, had another problem one time as well, the staffs attitude was disgusting, never did their job, didn't give a shit.
Prices were far cheaper though, I remember that for certain. you could buy a yearly rail card, 1/3 rd off journeys. kids £1 for any journey. I took the kids to Wembley one Sunday. £1 return each, 1/3 rd off for me. the railcard paid for itself in 1 journey. this is relevant. the image of the staff was terrible back then, imo this played a part in the support for privatisation, private company's would knock the staff into line. I think this played a part in the support for Nationalisation across the board. workers in Nationalised industry's had a terrible image, lazy and inefficient. privatisation would sort them out.
So I think the services were just as bad, staff were terrible but prices were far cheaper.

It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #3165 on: April 27, 2024, 11:00:28 am »

There’s always a few questions or holes in that argument. Most things have improved over the last 30 due to technology improvements, cars are a lot better now then they were 30 years ago and are more fuel efficient for example, look at TVs as another example, they cost a fraction of what they did 30 years ago, use less electricity and are a lot bigger so debatable how much of the improvement (if there is one) is due to privatisation. Secondly, why are other countries able to run efficient, cheap, publicly owned train services and the UK can’t? Is there something wrong with this country that they believe we are inherently unable to run a decent train service? Right wingers like to throw accusations of talking down the country at anyone who disagrees with them but the truth is they have such little faith in the people of this country believing were unable to run our own services.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #3166 on: April 27, 2024, 11:22:50 am »
The problems weren't caused by nationalisation or solved by privatisation. A nationalised service can work if it is managed properly, there is no idealogical reason why it can't.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3167 on: April 27, 2024, 11:25:50 am »
Privatisation took place between 1994 and 1997. I'm not sure anybody can reliably say how good or bad the service was prior to 1994 when comparing it to what it is now, even if they are a train enthusiast. BR was the butt of many a joke back in the 80s - "coffee has gone up to 80p a slice" - but I'd say only people born prior to 1970 who have actually worked in the industry for an extended period of time both before and after privatisation are really qualified to judge.

You could say trains themselves have improved, but over a 30 year period that's a given. There's still plenty of pre-1994 rolling stock kicking around.

In the early 90s I travelled to Birmingham New Street for a concert, coming back the next day, and it cost me £22.50. A quick look at trainline shows a bewildering set of ticket options. Two "limited availability" singles coming in at around £30 for the pair - but that's for specific trains at specific times; super off peak return for £39; off peak return for £49; anytime return £74; first class singles costing between £48 and £54. The base price isn't unreasonable given a 30 year gap, but it's clear that the current system is a breeding ground for confusion - and I travel fairly regularly and have an idea of what I'm doing.

It's genuinely easier to book a flight on Easyjet. These days I can't even be arsed with Trainline because booking train tickets has become so effing tedious. I just go the Lime Street Station about a week before I'm due to travel, as the people there are nice and know how to get you the best priced tickets.

EDIT: Maybe rail nationalisation could be peeled off into a separate topic?
The thing I hate is being tied to specific trains at specific times. I have not experienced this in other countries (but my experience of foreign trains is a little limited). Still, in Belgium, I can buy ticket which is valid all day, the train will turn up and be on time, they are generally clean, relatively modern, and not bursting at the seams. Oh, and the fares are much lower.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3168 on: April 27, 2024, 11:53:20 am »
The problems weren't caused by nationalisation or solved by privatisation. A nationalised service can work if it is managed properly, there is no idealogical reason why it can't.
I think a lot was to do with the era we lived in back then, lets face it British industry was inefficient. most workers weren't committed to the job. things had to change to take us into the modern world. I don't think people who feel pissed off with this acknowledgement would be too happy with the service and quality of goods and service back then either.
So it wasn't just the Nationalised industry's with a problem, all of British industry had a problem so maybe this should be remembered when judging the argument for Nationalisation.  Nationalised industry's were inefficient, workers had a terrible attitude but this was how the British worker was back then so there is no reason to think things will go back to the way they were before Nationalisation.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 11:55:13 am by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #3169 on: April 27, 2024, 11:56:07 am »
don't forget at the time of privatisation, the rail industry was suffering being run into the ground and under funded by a previous generation of Tories
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #3170 on: April 27, 2024, 11:58:09 am »
the ideological reason why it can't is down to the Tories nothing more
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #3171 on: April 27, 2024, 03:05:44 pm »

Enthusiasts do tend to lean right I find. Just an observation of course.

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3172 on: April 27, 2024, 05:36:00 pm »
don't forget at the time of privatisation, the rail industry was suffering being run into the ground and under funded by a previous generation of Tories
Exactly. Just think if same thing happened to NHS, some of the people (no doubt privileged to have good health insurance) would be talking about the NHS problems as reason we had to privatise that too.

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3173 on: April 27, 2024, 07:04:13 pm »
As someone who spent an inordinate amount of time on British Rail trains, take it from me, it was the best rail service in Europe. I travelled all over the mainland with Liverpool, Europe too, and BR was good.

The Bright and Early service to London Euston from Lime St took about 2 hours 20 minutes, was dirt cheap too. A few years back and I flew to Luton and got the train into London as I had been quoted nearly £200 for that trip above.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3174 on: April 28, 2024, 01:59:45 pm »
As someone who spent an inordinate amount of time on British Rail trains, take it from me, it was the best rail service in Europe. I travelled all over the mainland with Liverpool, Europe too, and BR was good.

The Bright and Early service to London Euston from Lime St took about 2 hours 20 minutes, was dirt cheap too. A few years back and I flew to Luton and got the train into London as I had been quoted nearly £200 for that trip above.
It was crap towards the end but that was after more than a decade of deliberate underfunding and sabotage by the Tories (first under Thatcher and then under Major).  People were more willing to accept the privatisation once the service had been broken and promises of a cheaper and better service made.  With proper support and management alongside the technological innovations I'm sure we'd have had a fully electrified service by now had it remained in public ownership.

The Tories have tried the same tactic with the NHS but more people are willing to call them out on that one.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3175 on: April 29, 2024, 06:51:55 am »
Ellie Reeves was just on BBC.   She seemed to know what she was talking about with mental health and disabilities.   Someone who is on disability benefits (is it DLA and PIP?) should be encouraged to try work without being penalised financially.

Also,  more support for mental health and tackling the root cause of depression etc    I know all mental health issues aren’t the same, but I wager a good percentage are down to the futility of life.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3176 on: April 29, 2024, 08:12:03 pm »
Joyous and very moving  interview with the ever wonderful Neil Kinnock on the News Agent podcast. Just a remarkable man, the more like him the better
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 10:23:29 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #3177 on: May 1, 2024, 08:50:12 am »
Labour weakening their Workers Rights Act according to the FT. I'm beyond tired of every decent policy they have being watered down or backtracked. Why get invested in anything they announce? Their word means fuck all.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3178 on: May 1, 2024, 08:58:27 am »
Labour weakening their Workers Rights Act according to the FT. I'm beyond tired of every decent policy they have being watered down or backtracked. Why get invested in anything they announce? Their word means fuck all.

Mandelson has been after that for a while. Think Reynolds has been keen to water it down. Surprised Rayner has caved in though.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3179 on: May 1, 2024, 09:54:55 am »
Currently briefing off the record that the story is ‘bollocks’

Hopefully on the record too soon
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3180 on: May 1, 2024, 09:55:09 am »

Anymore info on this?

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #3181 on: May 1, 2024, 10:16:58 am »
Anymore info on this?

Sir Keir Starmer’s Labour party is set to unveil a weakened package of workers’ rights in the coming weeks in its latest softening of radical policies ahead of the upcoming general election, according to people familiar with the matter. 

Labour has vowed to include in its manifesto a long list of employment policies ranging from higher sick pay to ending employers’ use of “fire and rehire”, and reversing anti-strike legislation as part of its “New Deal for Working People”.

The package, first outlined in 2021, has been billed by Starmer as the biggest increase in workers’ rights for decades, with the Labour leader warning business chiefs in February it would “not please everyone in the room”.

But behind the scenes, shadow ministers have been discussing how to tone down some of the pledges to ease employer misgivings as the party tries to boost its pro-business credentials, the people familiar with the matter said.

Those talks, along with a period of focused outreach to business on the policies, have concluded and the finessed package of measures is set to be published in the coming weeks, the people added.

The move is likely to anger some trade union leaders but please business groups, which have become more vocal in raising concerns since Starmer’s February speech.

“The whole tone of everything they’ve been saying on workers’ rights has been attempting to be constructive compared to a couple of months ago,” said one lobbyist.

One business leader said that after several meetings with the party, they were now “pretty relaxed” about its plans.

Shadow ministers will hold a meeting with union general secretaries in the coming weeks to seek their approval for the new version of the workers’ rights package, or at least minimise their resistance to it, according to Labour figures.

The renewed New Deal will emphasise that many of the policies will be subject to formal consultation with business, allowing for dilution of the promises when turned into practice and the potential for significant delay.

Labour originally said it would bring forward legislation within its first 100 days in office to enact the reforms. Some of this could come in the form of “draft legislation” that will be subject to consultation before it begins the formal process of becoming law, according to Labour officials. Other policies could come in later through secondary legislation.

One Labour official said: “While we want to hit the ground running, some policies will take time to implement and deliver.”

At a meeting with business groups last week, deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner and shadow business secretary Jonathan Reynolds said there would be consultations on many of the employment policies.

Reynolds and Rayner told businesses they wanted to “raise the floor of employment standards and to get rid of unscrupulous employment practices” rather than eliminate flexibility, according one attendee.

The shadow ministers said there would be opportunities to raise any concerns around the workability of the plans, the attendee added.

Rayner, who has spearheaded the New Deal, in March pushed back against former Labour cabinet minister Lord Peter Mandelson after he criticised the pledges. She likened his complaints to the “squealing” by business over the introduction of the minimum wage a generation ago. The deputy leader could now face a backlash from union leaders.

“It won’t be an easy sell for Angela but . . . this is still a substantial package of reforms which will improve life for workers,” said a second Labour official.

“There’s a clarification going on,” said a third person close to the process. “There will be far more consultation than before.”

A Labour spokesperson said the New Deal would remain a “core part of Labour’s offer to the country” at the general election expected this year.

“Our commitments to bring forward legislation to parliament within 100 days to deliver the New Deal and to consult widely on implementation have not changed,” they said.

People familiar with the updated version of Labour’s programme said it would include a promise to consult on its plan to create a “single status” for all workers except those who are genuinely self-employed.

There will also be a review of parental leave within the first year of a Labour government, they added.

The original New Deal envisaged “fair pay agreements” in all sectors, which would see collective bargaining in each different industrial sector. This will become a promise to consult on a fair pay agreement only in the social care sector.

Plans to give workers a “right to switch off” will not be enshrined in law but instead will be in a code of practice overseen by the government’s Acas employment arbitration service, with the smallest companies exempted.

Although Labour will still vow to give workers basic job protections from day one of employment, companies under the revised plans would be able to use probationary periods and staff could still be dismissed for “fair reasons”. 

Labour will also clarify that its promised ban on zero-hours contracts will be a right to a contract reflecting a worker’s regular work pattern over the previous 12 weeks, the people said.

The New Deal is the latest Labour policy package to be dialled down after the party in February slashed its previous pledge to borrow £28bn a year for green investment.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3182 on: May 1, 2024, 10:22:19 am »
Anymore info on this?

This is the article, no idea if the accusation is true. 

https://www.ft.com/content/fe1608d1-3a61-43a0-9c17-2868c40821c2

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3183 on: May 1, 2024, 10:31:21 am »
A £760m equal pay liability bill at Birmingham city council, which led it to effectively declare bankruptcy and make a swathe of drastic budget cuts, could be hugely overstated, councillors, researchers and whistleblowers have said.

Sources inside the Labour-led council said the local authority’s finances were in disarray as a result of a faulty IT system rollout and with no accurate accounts for the past two years there was no way of knowing exactly how the council’s budget stacked up.

There is growing unease that large budget cuts, asset sales and a 10% council tax increase have been made too hastily, before the council has fully got to grips with the current state of its finances.

“The figure of £760m is a figment of someone’s imagination, in my opinion,” said Paul Tilsley, a Liberal Democrat councillor. “If you look at the estimated claimants, the numbers are just incompatible, it defies financial imagination.

“And this figure is ruining this city. We’re going to see the real basic infrastructure of the city, things like libraries, closed and sold off, and when they’re gone they can’t be replicated. I’m seeing the heart ripped out of my city.”

One whistleblower in the council’s IT department said that when the new system was first launched in 2022, “nothing was working apart from payroll” and the council was unable to track its income and expenditure.

For about seven months, the council was also unable to collect council tax and business rates debt as the system could not show who had and hadn’t paid, they said.

“There was no financial reporting. How did we know what was in the budgets, what cash had been collected, what cash had been spent? We couldn’t,” the whistleblower said.

Full article: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/may/01/birmingham-city-council-accused-of-making-cuts-based-on-imagined-data

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3184 on: May 1, 2024, 04:58:56 pm »
This is the article, no idea if the accusation is true. 

https://www.ft.com/content/fe1608d1-3a61-43a0-9c17-2868c40821c2

This is an interesting breakdown of its claims (and a defence of the 'dilution' if that's what it is).

https://twitter.com/TorstenBell/status/1785613183601770996
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3185 on: May 1, 2024, 11:54:27 pm »

A £760m equal pay liability bill at Birmingham city council, which led it to effectively declare bankruptcy and make a swathe of drastic budget cuts, could be hugely overstated, councillors, researchers and whistleblowers have said.

Sources inside the Labour-led council said the local authority’s finances were in disarray as a result of a faulty IT system rollout and with no accurate accounts for the past two years there was no way of knowing exactly how the council’s budget stacked up.

There is growing unease that large budget cuts, asset sales and a 10% council tax increase have been made too hastily, before the council has fully got to grips with the current state of its finances.

“The figure of £760m is a figment of someone’s imagination, in my opinion,” said Paul Tilsley, a Liberal Democrat councillor. “If you look at the estimated claimants, the numbers are just incompatible, it defies financial imagination.

“And this figure is ruining this city. We’re going to see the real basic infrastructure of the city, things like libraries, closed and sold off, and when they’re gone they can’t be replicated. I’m seeing the heart ripped out of my city.”

One whistleblower in the council’s IT department said that when the new system was first launched in 2022, “nothing was working apart from payroll” and the council was unable to track its income and expenditure.

For about seven months, the council was also unable to collect council tax and business rates debt as the system could not show who had and hadn’t paid, they said.

“There was no financial reporting. How did we know what was in the budgets, what cash had been collected, what cash had been spent? We couldn’t,” the whistleblower said.

Full article: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/may/01/birmingham-city-council-accused-of-making-cuts-based-on-imagined-data

7 months christ almighty how on earth does that happen. If my business couldn't tell who had paid what for a few days we'd all be summarily executed.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2024, 11:57:58 pm by Shankly998 »

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3186 on: May 2, 2024, 01:09:21 pm »
Was their IT system run by Infosys or Fujitsu by any chance?

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3187 on: May 2, 2024, 01:52:54 pm »
Was their IT system run by Infosys or Fujitsu by any chance?
Oracle Fusion.  The local authority where I previously worked purchased the same product and it was a horrible and over-budget migration (and that was with migrating from an existing Oracle finance system).  They had to prioritise the payments and payroll in the end at the expense of the HR function.  When I left it had been up-and-running for a couple of years and they still couldn't accurately measure staff absence rates at anything other than a single team level.

I expect Birmingham City council had a far more complex and more broadly interfaced system than a rural county council.  They also migrated from a completely different vendor in SAP.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3188 on: May 4, 2024, 01:16:02 pm »
Dunno what paper this is, but a comment from the people who now live in Rayners house

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3189 on: May 4, 2024, 06:12:17 pm »
7 months christ almighty how on earth does that happen. If my business couldn't tell who had paid what for a few days we'd all be summarily executed.

Crazy thing is that £760m is likely still less than what Everton owe.

Popcorn's Art

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3190 on: May 4, 2024, 11:55:35 pm »
Dunno what paper this is, but a comment from the people who now live in Rayners house

Does that mean she’s off the hook for any potential charges Kenny?

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3191 on: Yesterday at 09:22:17 pm »

Nationalised services have to be run like a privatised service for it to work better, eg bonus for staff performance etc. Or else, where is the incentive?
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3194 on: Yesterday at 10:26:42 pm »

Does that mean she’s off the hook for any potential charges Kenny?

No idea mate, but its promising

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3195 on: Yesterday at 10:33:15 pm »
Dont think Labour should be entertaining too much of this.

Rats and sinking ships spring to mind.  I’d assume none of these will be slotted into any key positions should Labour win the GE, but at an individual level are likely trying to retain their seats and obviously remuneration packages.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3196 on: Yesterday at 11:03:55 pm »
Dont think Labour should be entertaining too much of this.
On one hand, I agree with you.

But on the other hand, people do change their minds. And that can help people who voted Tory last time change their minds too.  And if it helps fuxk up the Tories I can differ them for a few months
W

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3197 on: Yesterday at 11:44:53 pm »
On one hand, I agree with you.

But on the other hand, people do change their minds. And that can help people who voted Tory last time change their minds too.  And if it helps fuxk up the Tories I can differ them for a few months

Their changing their minds right at the end of this parliament when its likely Labour will win a majority. If they were that way inclined and believed in Labour, they should have made the jump a while ago.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #3198 on: Yesterday at 11:47:21 pm »
Their changing their minds right at the end of this parliament when its likely Labour will win a majority. If they were that way inclined and believed in Labour, they should have made the jump a while ago.

Absolutely. I can believe that a Tory voter who ticked a box 5 years ago may now regret their choice and have changed their mind. But a Tory MP who has been dutifully voting through Tory policies for the last 5-14 years? Nah, not having it.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3199 on: Today at 09:17:42 am »
No way I let them run in the next parliament as a labour mp though. But if they have a damascene moment and we can use it to fuck the Tories over? Yes please
W