Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1740704 times)

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD (sponsored by Jadon Sancho)
« Reply #2760 on: April 5, 2021, 07:22:28 am »
If that's Haaland's spirit, can definitely see him being the new poster boy of PSG once Mbappe fucks off

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2761 on: April 5, 2021, 07:45:04 am »
Transfer fee: €150 million
Agent fee: €20 million
Signing-on fee: €20 million
Wages: €600,000 per week (after taxes)

Nah, that is too much ...

€1,300,000 per week over 5 years.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2762 on: April 5, 2021, 10:10:53 am »
€1,300,000 per week over 5 years.

Bargain.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2763 on: April 5, 2021, 11:49:18 am »
Reports from the papers in Catalonia that this is what Raiola and Haaland’s father want, if he’s to sign for Barcelona:

RAC1 -
@gerardromero
 | Haaland's father and his agent, Mino Raiola, proposed these figures to Barça if they want to sign the striker:

Raiola - €20M
Haaland's father - €20M
Haaland wages - €30M net

+ the transfer fee [€150M]
+ the continuity of Messi

https://twitter.com/FCBRAC1/status/1378723679677378563?s=20

IF true, then it’s disgusting, agents and their hangers on need regulating.

Or 120k a week when he signs for Abu Dhabi  ;)

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2764 on: April 5, 2021, 12:34:44 pm »
Raiola is a parasite. Don't see how he's blagged all this money. He's in it for himself and himself only. Can't be a coincidence that all of his clients fail to fulfil their potential and are often criticised for having attitude problems.

The day he's done with the sport will be a good day.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2765 on: April 5, 2021, 01:06:45 pm »
Reports from the papers in Catalonia that this is what Raiola and Haaland’s father want, if he’s to sign for Barcelona:

RAC1 -
@gerardromero
 | Haaland's father and his agent, Mino Raiola, proposed these figures to Barça if they want to sign the striker:

Raiola - €20M
Haaland's father - €20M
Haaland wages - €30M net

+ the transfer fee [€150M]
+ the continuity of Messi

https://twitter.com/FCBRAC1/status/1378723679677378563?s=20

IF true, then it’s disgusting, agents and their hangers on need regulating.

Do you think they made their demands with a straight face?  Like, how do you ask for 20m for basically doing nothing.  The agent should get something (certainly not 20m) but why would the father get any money out of the deal?

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2766 on: April 5, 2021, 01:33:21 pm »
No wonder Alfe Haaland wants Raiola as his Son's agent, it pays well it seems.

I said it the other day, but i can see Haaland playing for the 2 big Spanish clubs in the next 6-7 years.

Look at Zlatan, he's played for Inter (Once) Ac Milan (three) and Juve.

Ballotelli played for both Milan teams as well.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2767 on: April 6, 2021, 10:49:27 am »
You have to laugh at those numbers. For all of the talk of Raiola just looking to get the best deal and Haaland being concerned regarding his legacy, they've handed a massive guiding say in his career over to a man who is so greedy and parasitic that he simply can't leave well alone - it doesn't matter if his player has landed well at a club, he always agitates and looks to get them away. He's been poison in the ear of all of his biggest clients.

You only need to see Mario Balotelli playing Serie B football aged only 30 to show how much genuine care Raiola has for his clients. Look at Ibra, Kean, Balotelli, Maxwell, De Vrij and now Haaland. Pulled from pillar to post. Then the likes of Pogba and Donnarumma - he sits in the background and agitates them, making them want a move they didn't even know they wanted. Gravenberch, Malen, Thuram - all Raiola clients who will net him millions in the next year or so.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #2768 on: April 6, 2021, 11:07:25 am »
Ideally, payments to agents by clubs would be outlawed, with only players able to pay their representatives.

But FIFA & UEFA are corrupt, and seem to want this shitshow to continue.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2769 on: April 6, 2021, 11:11:35 am »
Ideally, payments to agents by clubs would be outlawed, with only players able to pay their representatives.

FIFA are looking to change how agents are paid. Now whether that's because they're looking out for.the game, or just want less of the money leaking out to agents and not themselves i don't know

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/05/fifa-set-to-attack-super-agent-influence-with-regulations-and-fee-restriction

It's part of why someone like Ibrahimovic now cares about his likeness being used in video games. Raiola and other agents need a way to hit back at this
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2020/11/25/exclusive-ea-responds-to-zlatan-ibrahimovic-and-mino-raiola-criticism-on-fifa-video-game/

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2770 on: April 6, 2021, 02:12:28 pm »

Only thing that would result in is players getting bigger signing on fees i.e. current agent fees getting added on.

Agree that something needs to change though but it’s tricky, because there will be a work-around with pretty much every solution. The ideal solution is for every club to agree to limit agent fees and sign on fees to X amount or X percentage of a transfer fee, but that only works if every club then abides by it. As soon as one club starts adding on additional fees to ensure they get a player, which will inevitably happen, the whole thing falls apart.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline "Bobber" Thanks :)

• But Hicks Is Still A Wanker
  • Kopite
« Reply #2771 on: April 6, 2021, 03:25:03 pm »
Haaland comes across as a massive dickhead to me. I remember seeing his ADHD-like antics in the tunnel when we played Salzburg, then the other week storming off the pitch for Dortmund. Then there’s this whole public hawking around Europe and demands of his father and agent. The ego and diva factor is far too much, I can imagine he wouldn't exactly be a positive influence for dressing room harmony either. The fact he has a face like a smashed crab just tops off my dislike. Hope he goes to Spain, just so I don’t have to see/read about him every day.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2772 on: April 6, 2021, 04:06:16 pm »
Haaland comes across as a massive dickhead to me. I remember seeing his ADHD-like antics in the tunnel when we played Salzburg, then the other week storming off the pitch for Dortmund. Then there’s this whole public hawking around Europe and demands of his father and agent. The ego and diva factor is far too much, I can imagine he wouldn't exactly be a positive influence for dressing room harmony either. The fact he has a face like a smashed crab just tops off my dislike. Hope he goes to Spain, just so I don’t have to see/read about him every day.

Agreed Mbappe for example has all the talent without the circus.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2773 on: April 7, 2021, 07:33:03 am »

I'd be thrilled if he went to Spain. I agree with what you say, but of course, I can't say no to him if it wasn't mad money. But no way in hell that we'd spend that kind of money on him, on his agent's fees and his fathers.

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2774 on: April 7, 2021, 09:38:36 am »
I'd be thrilled if he went to Spain. I agree with what you say, but of course, I can't say no to him if it wasn't mad money. But no way in hell that we'd spend that kind of money on him, on his agent's fees and his fathers.

If he went to Barca with that type of wages, Barca would surely go bankrupt. Especially if this empty stadium situation continue for 2-5 years. As good as he is, would be nice if he did that for Barca. Would now lose any sleep if all of the big four in Spain were to become bankrupt at the same time.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2775 on: April 8, 2021, 11:48:41 am »

This isn't going to change anything though.  Instead of money going from Club to agent it'll go from club to new player to agent. 

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2776 on: April 8, 2021, 12:07:59 pm »
If those figures are accurate, well to be fair even if they arent they wont be far off, then Barca cant afford him. They are skint as it is without keeping Messi on AND those additional numbers.

Offline diggerling!

• believes we’re doomed to be back with the also-rans
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2777 on: April 8, 2021, 12:25:16 pm »
Haaland comes across as a massive dickhead to me.
Well his dad's basically robbing £20m off him if those figures are true so the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree!

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #2778 on: April 8, 2021, 02:45:48 pm »
This isn't going to change anything though.  Instead of money going from Club to agent it'll go from club to new player to agent. 

It will take all the clubs coming together and say where not paying agents fees it’s down the players and set the max signing on fee as say 3% that no club will go over .

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2779 on: April 9, 2021, 03:59:08 pm »
Becoming convinced I'm the only remaining Declan Rice skeptic - the world seems certain he's a top player or will become a top player and I don't see it. Just had a look at his underlying numbers and okay he's playing for West Ham and they play a certain way but they back up that he's really not great on the ball
Obviously this could come back to haunt me as he's young and obv not terrible but i do hope one of our rivals pays big money for him

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2780 on: April 9, 2021, 04:08:36 pm »
Becoming convinced I'm the only remaining Declan Rice skeptic - the world seems certain he's a top player or will become a top player and I don't see it. Just had a look at his underlying numbers and okay he's playing for West Ham and they play a certain way but they back up that he's really not great on the ball
Obviously this could come back to haunt me as he's young and obv not terrible but i do hope one of our rivals pays big money for him

Nah I'm with you. Really can't see it.

But then he's English, young, and playing for a London club, so the media have bigged him up massively.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2781 on: April 9, 2021, 04:11:45 pm »

Talk of United trying to use Lingard as a makeweight for him. Better off buying Ndidi if they're looking to spend £80m on a midfielder, but I do think Rice is decent.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2782 on: April 9, 2021, 04:34:00 pm »
Talk of United trying to use Lingard as a makeweight for him. Better off buying Ndidi if they're looking to spend £80m on a midfielder, but I do think Rice is decent.
That's all Rice is in my eyes, decent. He doesn't look to me like someone who's suddenly going to develop into a quality holding player or a game winning box to box midfielder. Yes he's only 22, but profile his defensive numbers (the best part of his game, statistically) against the big European leagues and he comes out looking... average. He's certainly not as good as an Anguissa at Fulham or Douglas Luiz at Villa - both who equal his defensive numbers whilst offering more going forward.

Ndidi is like you say, immense. 21 pressures and 4.32 tackles per 90 whilst winning 2.21 aerial duels is the work of a monster. Ndidi is producing defensive numbers that Fabinho can't even match (though that is purely based on this season - last year Fabinho was debatably the best holding midfielder on the planet and it's worth saying Fabinho is twice the player on the ball that Ndidi is) and is unfussy with the ball - he's not going to carve a defence apart with a clever pass but he's possibly the most dominant and athletic shielding player in the league.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2783 on: April 9, 2021, 04:55:32 pm »

Rice looks to me to be like Dier - a total nothing of a midfielder.

And don't worry it's not just you. Seemingly the entire Chelsea board agrees as they sacked Frank because he wouldn't fucking shut up about signing him.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2784 on: April 9, 2021, 05:16:04 pm »
Rice looks to me to be like Dier - a total nothing of a midfielder.

And don't worry it's not just you. Seemingly the entire Chelsea board agrees as they sacked Frank because he wouldn't fucking shut up about signing him.

Don’t let Ciara see this!

I think he’s better than Dier already (low bar I know) and has quietly impressed this season. He seems to read the SME well and has decent physicality. He’s no world beater but United seem to like two functional midfielders in front of their array of cheating options up top so he’d probably improve them.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2785 on: April 9, 2021, 05:23:42 pm »

Hah.  I got into trouble due to this argument about a week ago. 

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2786 on: April 9, 2021, 05:46:24 pm »
Who rated Declan Rice? I have never met anyone who thinks he is anything higher than a decent player, at best.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2787 on: April 9, 2021, 05:50:20 pm »

Disagree, he's so good he almost does the job of two players. If we signed him, we'd basically have a Rice Rice Naby midfield.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2788 on: April 10, 2021, 08:10:15 am »
The Athletic reporting Kane wants to leave if Spurs don't get Champions League football. Think at this point in his career it shouldn't matter if they do, if he wants to win something important he's going to need to leave anyway. They say the two Manchester clubs most likely to.offer him a way out

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2789 on: April 10, 2021, 12:32:16 pm »
Utd would be mad not to go all out on him this summer

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2790 on: April 10, 2021, 01:07:16 pm »
Wanting to leave Spurs is one thing but when Levy slaps that £150m price tag on him its a different story.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2791 on: April 10, 2021, 08:42:35 pm »
The Athletic reporting Kane wants to leave if Spurs don't get Champions League football. Think at this point in his career it shouldn't matter if they do, if he wants to win something important he's going to need to leave anyway. They say the two Manchester clubs most likely to.offer him a way out

He will end up at Man Utd. It is inevitable, on so many levels ...

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2792 on: April 11, 2021, 02:02:13 am »
Given his injury record, it would be a ridiculous risk for any club to spend the £100m+ necessary.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2793 on: April 11, 2021, 02:20:44 am »
Given his injury record, it would be a ridiculous risk for any club to spend the £100m+ necessary.

I think that Man Utd are stupid enough to do it. After all, they did spend £80 million on Maguire ...

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #2794 on: April 11, 2021, 09:42:48 am »
I think that Man Utd are stupid enough to do it. After all, they did spend £80 million on Maguire ...

Legend

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #2795 on: April 11, 2021, 03:12:17 pm »
What explains Lingard's resurgence at WHU? Was he always an above average player, or is the system at WHU set up for him to succeed?

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2796 on: April 11, 2021, 03:17:41 pm »
What explains Lingard's resurgence at WHU? Was he always an above average player, or is the system at WHU set up for him to succeed?

Michael Rickets, Nikica Jelavic etc
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2797 on: April 11, 2021, 03:17:59 pm »

He's always been a decent player. As much as we give him stick, Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho all stuck by him at Man Utd. It was only when Ole came in that he was sent out cold. I think he's playing better as he's something to play for (The England squad) and he's probably benefitting from a different enviornment.

Don't get me wrong, he is not the English Messi but there is clearly some talent there, but also he is a bit of cock. Anyway, it's mad how Ole thinks James is better fit for Utd than Lingard.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2798 on: April 11, 2021, 04:14:50 pm »

I guess teams don’t defend West Ham, as they defend Man Utd.

Suits his style better.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2799 on: April 11, 2021, 08:32:35 pm »

Purple patch? I mean look at Ineacho. Let's see some consistency over a few seasons to judge him as a player