Author Topic: The small things in life that make you happy  (Read 608870 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: The small things in life that make you happy
« Reply #3360 on: August 5, 2019, 10:11:25 pm »
Someone (possibly rob) mentioned here a while back about walking on a beach yesterday in bare feet with water and sand running through your toes

Did that yesterday. It's a lovely feeling
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #3361 on: August 6, 2019, 06:47:05 am »
The feeling I get after a good workout in the gym. The best is when I'm tired and feel like staying in but I go anyway. Afterwards is such a rewarding feeling of "I did it" as well as feeling good in the body.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3362 on: August 6, 2019, 08:01:55 am »
The feeling I get after a good workout in the gym. The best is when I'm tired and feel like staying in but I go anyway. Afterwards is such a rewarding feeling of "I did it" as well as feeling good in the body.

Saturday morning @ 9:00AM I have a 60 minute F45 session that I just dread. I get up @ 7:30AM and look for excuses not to go. Feel a million dollars when I stagger out of the class completely knackered.

I put it down to the point that the dread of going to do it is less than the dread of not doing it.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3363 on: August 6, 2019, 11:08:07 am »
Can't get time to get out at all to run lately which is annoying

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3364 on: August 6, 2019, 11:47:08 am »
Taught my 11 yr old how to change an air filter and a cabin filter on my car. He enjoyed helping which was nice.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3365 on: August 6, 2019, 11:51:54 am »
Taught my 11 yr old how to change an air filter and a cabin filter on my car. He enjoyed helping which was nice.
thats pretty impressive

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #3366 on: August 6, 2019, 12:32:39 pm »
Saturday morning @ 9:00AM I have a 60 minute F45 session that I just dread. I get up @ 7:30AM and look for excuses not to go. Feel a million dollars when I stagger out of the class completely knackered.

I put it down to the point that the dread of going to do it is less than the dread of not doing it.

I'm on a pretty strict programme and diet with a personal trainer who gets bodybuilders and fitness athletes ready for competition. He's a beast. I'm doing this with the missus. Not that we in any way want to look like bodybuilders but we've been training for a year ourselves and we felt stuck resultwise. So we found this fella and his plans work! I've dropped 10 kilos in 3,5 months time and so has the missus. I still have 15 kilos to shed, the missus is aiming for another 12-13 kilos. It just makes me feel good with myself and I feel good in my body. :)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3367 on: August 6, 2019, 01:59:29 pm »
thats pretty impressive

Trying to get him interested in things other than the bloody playstation. He says he wants to help me work on the bike, but he normally gets fed up quite quickly - an engine strip might keep him interested.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3368 on: August 10, 2019, 11:40:51 am »
Friday night football, although i feel a little hungover this morning. :hally :champ
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3369 on: August 10, 2019, 11:50:40 am »
Friday night football, although i feel a little hungover this morning. :hally :champ

Did something to my cartilage the other day, so stuck in the house, missus and kids have gone away for the weekend - I got to sit with my feet up watching the game in peace :thumbup

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3370 on: August 10, 2019, 01:30:30 pm »
Did something to my cartilage the other day, so stuck in the house, missus and kids have gone away for the weekend - I got to sit with my feet up watching the game in peace :thumbup

I watched the match in a couple of my locals, typical Friday night on the ale, with added bonus of the match, then fried chicken supper. :)
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3371 on: August 10, 2019, 03:10:28 pm »
I watched the match in a couple of my locals, typical Friday night on the ale, with added bonus of the match, then fried chicken supper. :)

Big glass of G&T and a chili I made a few days ago for me.

Ordering an Indian for tonight as I can't stand up long enough to cook and been told not to drive for a few days.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3372 on: August 10, 2019, 04:05:52 pm »
Big glass of G&T and a chili I made a few days ago for me.

Ordering an Indian for tonight as I can't stand up long enough to cook and been told not to drive for a few days.

I love Indian now & again, although i prefer mild curries, balti curry is about the spiciest that i like, prefer rogan josh or briyani, oh & have to have seekh kebab as starter.
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3373 on: August 10, 2019, 06:00:58 pm »

I love Indian now & again, although i prefer mild curries, balti curry is about the spiciest that i like, prefer rogan josh or briyani, oh & have to have seekh kebab as starter.

I always get stick off the missus because I'm not into hot food, she'll chomp away on a Madras or sometimes a bit hotter without a care. I've ordered bhajis, mixed starter and I think a passander, thats me sorted for tonight and tomorrow

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3374 on: August 10, 2019, 09:52:06 pm »
I always get stick off the missus because I'm not into hot food, she'll chomp away on a Madras or sometimes a bit hotter without a care. I've ordered bhajis, mixed starter and I think a passander, thats me sorted for tonight and tomorrow

Same with me, have the starters on the same day as you brought it, then eat the mains the next day, & it's the same with Chinese takeaway, curries taste better the next day, leaving them to marinade overnight.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3375 on: August 15, 2019, 12:25:17 pm »
Listening to the BBC Radio commentary from the Barcelona comeback.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eH2QnzYdV0&app=desktop
 ;D
#Sausages

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #3376 on: August 15, 2019, 07:07:31 pm »
Took my youngest daughter down to the canal to feed the ducks, and while we were there we saw a Kingfisher.
Don't know what sort it was but it had a vivid blue back/tail; it was a wonderful sight  8)
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3377 on: August 16, 2019, 05:46:18 pm »
Go ask Google why cornflakes were invented Use the Ask Google on your phone
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 06:52:34 pm by rob1966 »

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #3378 on: August 17, 2019, 12:06:49 am »
When someone knocks your 2/3rds over in the pub and gets you a full pint back in return.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3379 on: August 17, 2019, 12:23:46 am »
When someone knocks your 2/3rds over in the pub and gets you a full pint back in return.

Did you throw the full pint over the pub?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #3380 on: August 17, 2019, 07:51:02 pm »
Poch’s grey stubble elevating him to mega-DILF status.  :lickin

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #3381 on: August 17, 2019, 08:13:08 pm »
Poch’s grey stubble elevating him to mega-DILF status.  :lickin
Surely 'FILF' sounds phonetically better  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3382 on: August 18, 2019, 08:32:01 pm »
Is there a better feeling than when you wake up in the morning thinking you have work then realise you don't....... I think not. Don't get happier than that.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3383 on: August 18, 2019, 10:15:27 pm »

Isn't 2/3 of a pint now known as a Schooner - is this a hipster scam to charge the price of a pint for a lesser quantity of craft ale?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3384 on: August 18, 2019, 10:25:48 pm »
Isn't 2/3 of a pint now known as a Schooner - is this a hipster scam to charge the price of a pint for a lesser quantity of craft ale?
I was drinking a coffee white stout, a full pint would have had me gagging eventually.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #3385 on: August 18, 2019, 10:36:57 pm »
I was drinking a coffee white stout, a full pint would have had me gagging eventually.
Wtf is a coffee white stout?   ??? ;D

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3386 on: August 18, 2019, 10:42:44 pm »
Wtf is a coffee white stout?   ??? ;D
Bamboozled Again by Turning Point, lovely stuff. It's stout but with unroasted malt so it's light in colour but tastes like coffee and maple syrup.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #3387 on: August 18, 2019, 10:51:53 pm »
Bamboozled Again by Turning Point, lovely stuff. It's stout but with unroasted malt so it's light in colour but tastes like coffee and maple syrup.
I can see why a full pint would have you gagging  ;D

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3388 on: August 19, 2019, 04:06:37 pm »
Is there a better feeling than when you wake up in the morning thinking you have work then realise you don't....... I think not. Don't get happier than that.

Nope, it sure is a fine feeling. Especially when you realise your team also got 3 points the day before, Abu Dhabi FC got bummed by VAR (again) while their manager made a tit of himself.

lovely stuff.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #3389 on: August 21, 2019, 02:11:08 pm »
My little sister lost her baby nearly 10 years ago. Little Zara lasted 48 hours. Appalling time for her and my brother in law. Anyway, she tried IVF for years and basically they had given up. It was a huge hole in her life and all she wanted. She is 42. A few months ago she called me saying "I have got some brilliant news". I knew straight away she was pregnant because I know how much it meant to her. I haven`t cried in many years, but a tear rolled my cheek in sheer happiness for her. She is 28 weeks gone and all is well. It's not a small thing but I don`t think I have ever been as happy for someone

I posted the above a few months ago. Well young Tom was born earlier today and all is well. Couldn`t be happier for them both. It has been a stressful time for my sister for obvious reasons.

Obviously he will be a Liverpool supporter as his lovely uncle will make damned sure of it.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3390 on: August 21, 2019, 02:13:23 pm »

The devils measure  :no :no

From the other thread...

2/3rd pints.

If you already offer half a pint then don’t offer a 2/3rd instead of a full pint. Especially if you’re then going to charge the same price as it would be for a pint.

Noticing more and more places doing this.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3391 on: August 21, 2019, 02:19:00 pm »
I posted the above a few months ago. Well young Tom was born earlier today and all is well. Couldn`t be happier for them both. It has been a stressful time for my sister for obvious reasons.

Obviously he will be a Liverpool supporter as his lovely uncle will make damned sure of it.
Fabulous news mate!

Congratulations to all concerned [emoji898]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #3392 on: August 21, 2019, 02:42:19 pm »

That's lovely
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #3393 on: August 21, 2019, 08:44:03 pm »
Little gems like this  ;D

I Cant Believe Its Nut Butter

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3394 on: August 21, 2019, 10:10:49 pm »
Getting a bit lost down a Wikipedia rabbit hole, coming across "Defunct English Football Stadiums" and looking at Rushden & Diamond's old place Nene Park, and seeing this weird bit of homophobic graffiti:

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.3277269,-0.6009992,3a,75y,40.82h,75.87t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGK7OepBes8Jc2wYY2bvKkw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3395 on: August 23, 2019, 10:21:16 pm »
Everton, they do it to themselves every time don't they, chance to go top [& they've been unbearable about it too], & they fuck it up. :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
#Sausages

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3396 on: August 28, 2019, 05:56:29 pm »
Just had a call on me mobile and its yet another person on the other end saying "I believe you've been involved in a car accident that wasn't your fault"

Instead of hanging up I decided to lie and say "Yes, that's right, I have"

She says "oh, sorry to bother you i'll take your number off our list" and hung up

:)

Now i think about it she will pass my number over to the real ambulance chasers as a possible lead. Maybe this should go in the annoyed thread. I'm confused.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #3397 on: August 28, 2019, 10:21:57 pm »
Just had a call on me mobile and its yet another person on the other end saying "I believe you've been involved in a car accident that wasn't your fault"

Instead of hanging up I decided to lie and say "Yes, that's right, I have"

She says "oh, sorry to bother you i'll take your number off our list" and hung up

:)

Now i think about it she will pass my number over to the real ambulance chasers as a possible lead. Maybe this should go in the annoyed thread. I'm confused.
I just ask them what lingerie they're wearing; even if it's a bloke :lmao

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3398 on: August 30, 2019, 02:35:24 pm »
That stage 5 of this years Tour Of Britain is going near where i live. ;D
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3399 on: August 30, 2019, 06:21:09 pm »
That stage 5 of this years Tour Of Britain is going near where i live. ;D

I remember when the milk race came through Kirkby - that was brave of them - so we walked up to the Pear Tree pub to watch it, didn't expect them to be going that fast, though the local robbers were after them ;D