Author Topic: Everton 2-2 Liverpool: Round Table discussion  (Read 23974 times)

Offline wasp29

• nil satis nisi optiwum
  • Main Stander
  • Evertonian
Re: Everton 2-2 Liverpool: Round Table discussion
« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2012, 11:37:40 am »
Did you missed Fellani doing rugby impression to move Liverpool player's out of his way. Still don't know how Ref allowed that. Sterling was unlucky with his yellow and I don't think second was bookable too.
no word on the Suarez stamp then!!!
COYB

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2012, 11:39:05 am »
what bollocks. long ball when we play it ,long pass when super stevie g plays it. Its like when you say allen is as good as xavi because he plays half yard passes. Difference is i have seen xavi get on the end of moves and score goals, allen don't move more then 5 yards the whole game.

Trying to explain what Allen does to an Evertonian is like trying to explain the third law of thermodynamics to the lost tribe of Uhura-ura.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #162 on: October 31, 2012, 11:40:16 am »

what bollocks. long ball when we play it ,long pass when super stevie g plays it. Its like when you say allen is as good as xavi because he plays half yard passes. Difference is i have seen xavi get on the end of moves and score goals, allen don't move more then 5 yards the whole game.

I really don’t see what you are so proud of after that game. This was Rodger’s ninth game at the club and we had five players making their debut in this fixture and our team contained three teenagers. Your manager has had ten years to assemble a squad in his vision and imprint his philosophy on those players and the only thing that saved you form a fourth straight defeat was an incompetent linesman. You were at home and never even lead at any point.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #163 on: October 31, 2012, 11:40:26 am »
Nullified Everton's threat to an extent. Well they weren't as threatening as they were in the first half when it looked like we'd concede with every attack of theirs.

Rodgers did well to salvage the situation. The change in formation was brave but necessary. Still got a lot of room to play and if Jelavic free header had gone in, we'd be in a different mood altogether. 

They were still attacking us and our only solution was to hit them on the break with Raheem Sterling's pace. It was a defensive move bought on because we would have leaked goals for fun with Rodgers initial game plan. Which for me is worrying.

Jelavic was well marked for that header which is why he didn't get it anywhere near the target. One of our biggest problems was Jones's poor distribution and him continually giving the ball back to Everton. Even with long balls Reina is much more accurate. I also think that being the derby, the mentality is different and we would've been able to play more against a different team and occasion. Rodgers essentially turned the game around at half time and bar the ridiculous decision by the linesman we'd have been waxing lyrical about his genius. The fact that he realised the game plan wasn't working and changed it so drastically shows he's got balls - this was a really big positive for me and very encouraging

Offline Sucker-Punch

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: October 31, 2012, 11:42:15 am »

dont think it was a stamp...IMO looks like he was trying to get around Distan and accidentally trod on him
“This city has two great teams - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.” - Bill Shankly

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2012, 11:45:24 am »

Allen is playing DM now. We'll have to wait till Lucas comes back to see him in advanced position (not that I am implying that he is at Xavi's level).
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #166 on: October 31, 2012, 12:12:03 pm »

Uruguay are issuing it tomorrow 1st Nov. It's the equivalent of our 1st class.

An action pose of his celebration dive on Sunday.  :wave
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #167 on: October 31, 2012, 12:16:09 pm »

fuck me, you still here?...the derby finished 3 days ago lad...we would have taken all 3 points if the linesman hadn't shit his kecks...get over it
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 12:18:55 pm by Pistolero »
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #168 on: October 31, 2012, 12:34:04 pm »

Allen is playing as DM at the moment. When Lucas is back he'll be more advanced and contribute more to the attack

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: October 31, 2012, 01:29:45 pm »
Trying to explain what Allen does to an Evertonian is like trying to explain the third law of thermodynamics to the lost tribe of Uhura-ura.

He needs to be more like Darren Gibson.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #170 on: October 31, 2012, 02:10:34 pm »
I just find it highly amusing that a team consider Darron 'Point and Pass' Gibson to be a key component. Then again, so do many of my countrymen, rather embarrassingly.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #171 on: October 31, 2012, 04:15:08 pm »
Look mate you're welcome here but let me explain something. It's a round table discussion, ie a debate. It's not a place for one line posts with no capital letters and three exclamation marks.
More importantly it's not a place for you to ask questions that have been answered already - it wasn't a bloody stamp, it was a moving target and he slipped over.
By all means hang around but but a bit more thought into your posts and style, particularly on a topic like this. Cheers.