Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 2 v Watford Mo 38' 90'  (Read 30824 times)

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Re: PL: Liverpool 2 v Watford Mo 38' 90'
« Reply #200 on: December 14, 2019, 02:35:25 pm »
If it's really in someone's interest to disallow goals in a low scoring sport based on nanometers then I don't know what to say.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: December 14, 2019, 02:35:26 pm »
Job done,we looked tired understandably and Watford worked hard but 3 more points.

Virgil's backpass almost gave me a heart attack though  ;D

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #202 on: December 14, 2019, 02:35:39 pm »
did someone really say Gomez was awful. toss between him or salah for  motm. he was excellent

yeah I thought Gomez looked really good, just that moment when he and Virgil had brain farts on 80 mins, but I don't see anyone calling Virg rubbish  ;D

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: December 14, 2019, 02:35:48 pm »
Weird performance.

People will say we played badly, and we weren’t at our best, but that said we missed a few excellent situations to make it 2-0 and obviously got done with the VAR decision for the Mane goal.

One of them that we had to get over the line with. As much as I hoped for our usual twatting, they actually haven’t been beaten my many goals very often this season, other than the city demolition, and Pearson was always likely to improve them defensively so I don’t think their organisation is any real shock - reminded me of playing Sheffield United away, except Watford weren’t as good.

I’ve said this before but winning this was massive today, just before we head to Qatar and more importantly just before City and Leicester both play a game more than us, and both play each other. We needed to give them fuck all go sniff at going into that game, and we’ve done exactly that, albeit not in the relaxing manner I was hoping for.

I’m 32 years old so never been old enough to see us win a league, but I have been old enough to live through the pain of 02,09 and 14, and even I think if Leicester drop points against City and we get any kind of result at Leicester, it’s looking incredibly ominous for anyone hoping to catch us.

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #204 on: December 14, 2019, 02:36:04 pm »
Very much hope we bring in a new CB. Gomez is not good enough to start for potential league champions.

Well done today, Mo and Alisson.

If you're not fishing you're watching a different game to me.

Probably Joe's best game for ages, motm for me and has a very high ceiling as a centre back.

We were never comfortable today however and we probably couldn't have complained had Watford snatched a draw
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Online kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: December 14, 2019, 02:36:12 pm »
49 points out of 51 is just ludicrous. I think another 2 wins equals City's start from a couple of years ago? 18 wins from the first 19.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #206 on: December 14, 2019, 02:36:13 pm »
Joe Gomez - well done young man.
Origi - even when he fluffs a shot, he gets an assist  ;)
Ref an absolute dick
Firmino looks burnt out, need to find a way to get him rested and recharged.
Terrible conditions, Watford game raising c*nts etc.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: December 14, 2019, 02:36:23 pm »
Very much hope we bring in a new CB. Gomez is not good enough to start for potential league champions.

Absolute bollocks you daft bat

Offline Shite Name

• With a post history to match it.
  • Kopite
« Reply #208 on: December 14, 2019, 02:36:27 pm »
I know we won but there were parts of the game that nearly made me start snorting bleach today, don’t think it helped the way Watford approach to the game with their shit house tactics, how they never got booked for time wasting I’ll never know, oh well, we can switch off from this now till Boxing Day

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #209 on: December 14, 2019, 02:36:39 pm »
Wasn't there but it looked like the wind was a massive factor, we weren't as bad as we looked.

Salah never went away but his mojo is back at 100%. I can see us hitting 4th and 5th gear soon, saving 6th as we take the piss at about the start of April.

Yeah was dreading it a bit when I seen the forecast. Extreme weather does fairly naturally effect our performances.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: December 14, 2019, 02:36:54 pm »
Bit flat today. last goal relieved the nerves.
They need to start showing a video of when the ball is kicked and the exact position the player who maybe offside is standing.looked onside for certain but it depends when the VAR tape is stopped.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #211 on: December 14, 2019, 02:36:57 pm »
A bit scrappy and thank goodness Mo scored two good goals. Was there one foul given to Mo for all the pulling and holding going on? The referees seems to allow anything against Mo and it's getting ridiculous.

And then when he goes down he gets lambasted for diving. Stupid thing is, before Salah got this media-fuelled reputation as a diver, I was always impressed with how often he tried to stay on his feet when most other players would go down.

Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

As for VAR, I've always thought it was shit and never wanted it in the first place. But can't complain about Mane's offside in those massively marginal circumstances when those kinds of decisions have been given plenty against other teams this season (and our own...Firmino's infamous arm pit). People were demanding VAR because of the consistent and incredibly boring train of outrage that follows every game with a questionable refereeing decision. No use crying about it now. Boring and predictable fan outrage made this bed. It can lie in it.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 02:38:49 pm by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: December 14, 2019, 02:37:15 pm »
Milner: went long more than we liked. Important tesult and three points.
Salah: practising my right foot, scored at the right time, hope we can keep winning. More experienced now, crowd may panic, but we know what to do.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: December 14, 2019, 02:37:25 pm »
Tried their best to fuck us with VAR, didn't they? Know what I say? VAR can get fucked and fuck off. Ruining the game.

Offline Runehammer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #214 on: December 14, 2019, 02:37:40 pm »
Biased of course, but Mane's disallowed goal had a touch of the Firmino's vs Villa about it.

First image they showed had him onside then they re-did the lines, crazy decision again, very very similar.  Gomez was great today as well.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: December 14, 2019, 02:37:43 pm »
Brilliant win. Just keep on going, this side. Wonderful mentality.

Offline Adamski LFC

• Kopite
  • Polymath, ... I think not
    • Dash Equestrian
« Reply #216 on: December 14, 2019, 02:37:45 pm »
Clean sheet and a win above all else.

Klopp should bring up the manhandling of Salah in his MOTD nterview, plenty of footage to review.

Thought all in all we didn't play the best but were still levels above Watford, their finishing, their defending and their overall play.  Ben Foster had a better than average game nothing he could do about the goals at all.
Hoping not to embarrass oneself should not be the ultimate aim when posting

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: December 14, 2019, 02:38:17 pm »
Very poor performance overall, but 3 points is all that counts.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #218 on: December 14, 2019, 02:38:21 pm »
We were a little bit lacking, but Beautiful three points. We keep going.

(Horrible ref, horrible VAR, Mo fouled 1500 times, etc).

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #219 on: December 14, 2019, 02:38:28 pm »
And then when he goes down he gets lambasted for diving. Stupid thing is, before Salah got this media-fuelled reputation as a diver, I was always impressed with how often he tried to stay on his feet when most other players would go down.

Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

As for VAR, I've always thought it was shit and never wanted it in the first place. But can't complain about Mane's offside in those massively marginal circumstances when those kinds of decisions have been given plenty against other teams this season (and our own...Firmino's infamous arm pit). People were demanding VAR because of the consistent and incredibly boring train of outrage that follows every game with a questionable refereeing decision. No use crying about it now.

No, but the minute a decision goes our way (and we've probably had more against us than for us, Leicester have benefitted more) the whole country loses their shit.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: December 14, 2019, 02:38:42 pm »
Old Trafford as well. Stonewall pen V Newcastle at 1-0 down.

But Crystal Palace get a goal ruled out for a push in the back and it's a major conspiracy

Stonewall penalty at Sheffield United on Mane too
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #221 on: December 14, 2019, 02:38:48 pm »
Bit windy, bit leggy/sloppy.  Lucky for us the 3 points are contingent on scoring rather than style.

Mariner still a twat. VAR still useless.  Nigel Pearson still a weird fucker.

NEXT!  :scarf  :scarf

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #222 on: December 14, 2019, 02:39:06 pm »
These are the games. These are the games that give me real hope of winning the league. Not beating City, getting a  team up to play a team like City is not the challenge. But the last game at home in the league before a sunny trip abroad, after a run of games and a tough midweek battle, with players running on fumes, against an increasingly desperate side all het up with a 'Dogs of War Manager' and a 'didn't see it' referee. These are the games that win leagues. Truly excellent.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #223 on: December 14, 2019, 02:39:25 pm »
Alisson  :)

Brilliant stuff.

Wind was an absolute nightmare. Got through it eff it
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: December 14, 2019, 02:39:38 pm »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #225 on: December 14, 2019, 02:41:08 pm »
How the fuck was Mane offside there? A millimeter off his foot? Absolutely ridiculous that. We've been absolutely fucked by VAR twice this season now - Villa and Watford.

And fortunately neither did any damage.

But three points, clean sheet and move on. Thank the Lord!

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #226 on: December 14, 2019, 02:41:10 pm »

Yeh, why not? I feel compelled to join the chorus in saying what a fucking rubbish post this is.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #227 on: December 14, 2019, 02:41:59 pm »
Duncan Alexander

@oilysailor
269 teams in PL history have ended the season with fewer points than Liverpool have after 17 games

:lmao
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: December 14, 2019, 02:42:40 pm »

Absolute horseshit. I could list a load of proper shite league winning centre halves if I could be arsed, but your posts frankly aren't worth the time.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: December 14, 2019, 02:43:53 pm »
No, but the minute a decision goes our way (and we've probably had more against us than for us, Leicester have benefitted more) the whole country loses their shit.

the media aint helping to be honest. any of our players falling inside the box will be micro analized while the golden boys of the national team get a free pass. just look at the amount of penalties awarded this season. The team at the top have more penalties than the team in 2nd and 3rd combined. Go figure.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #230 on: December 14, 2019, 02:44:32 pm »
i think the wind contributed to us playing the ball long at times. We did lose the ball a lot more than we normally did and the game was scrappy. But when we have Salah, Alisson, VVD etc. then we know how to win.
#JFT97

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #231 on: December 14, 2019, 02:44:37 pm »

Klopp should bring up the manhandling of Salah in his MOTD nterview, plenty of footage to review.

He definitely should but I dont think he will.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #232 on: December 14, 2019, 02:45:09 pm »
The wind was the winner there. And given the make up of Watford, full of big, physical athletes, and their new-manager-bounce, our superiority was often nullified.

Hope Gini’s injury isn’t too serious.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #233 on: December 14, 2019, 02:45:15 pm »
Job done,we looked tired understandably and Watford worked hard but 3 more points.

Virgil's backpass almost gave me a heart attack though  ;D

Aargh! I'd wiped that from my mind. Thanks for bringing it back.

Offline loon the red

• Main Stander
« Reply #234 on: December 14, 2019, 02:45:35 pm »
Has Salah ever scored twice in a game with his right foot ? The 2nd goal was bloody cheeky..

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: December 14, 2019, 02:45:37 pm »

He definitely should but I dont think he will.

Guardiola could bring it post match tomorrow.

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #236 on: December 14, 2019, 02:46:07 pm »
Every team that wins the prem wins a few ugly games and like the boss said we aint going to win every game 4 - 0, Also not sure why Gomez is getting some stick  i thought he was ok, his recovery speed is excellent, Mo and Alisson were superb though
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: December 14, 2019, 02:46:09 pm »
VAR needs to sort its offsides - it looks dodgy every time they draw the lines and draw them again.

They were even at it with Mo's goal (ignoring the fact there was someone lying on the fucking goalline) - if you need to draw it twice it's not clear and obvious.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #238 on: December 14, 2019, 02:46:59 pm »
Officiating was a load of crap. Even the use of VAR looks bent - Watford were well offside near the end totally unflagged but Sadio's thumb is offside?

Fuck em though, you put two in the net and they can't say owt.

They tug our shirts, knock us round, wrestle our forwards.... still a win.

YNWA

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: December 14, 2019, 02:47:04 pm »
Grest result to take into the CWC.

But to be honest we were far too complacent and sloppy, I've lost count of how many dogshit teams we play back into form, give them loads of confidence and make them look dangerous in attack.

Firmino and Milner had stinkers. Nice to see Mo back in the goals though.