Author Topic: Bill Burr - F is for Family  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
Bill Burr - F is for Family
« on: November 17, 2015, 04:54:36 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HFzrvMS6P8g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HFzrvMS6P8g</a>

Follow the Murphy family back to the 1970s, a time when you could smack your kid, smoke inside and bring a gun to the airport. From comic Bill Burr.

On Netflix December 18

This looks like its going to be brilliant.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Bill Burr - F is for Family
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 03:56:34 pm »
Bill is probably my favorite comedian, he's been talking this up for a while and I know it'll be great. Given Netflix's recent comedic offerings being really good (Master of None, W/ Bob and David) it seems like they are really hitting comedy hard and leaving everything up to the show creators/talent, which is how it always should be.

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 06:28:17 pm »
That's my Christmas viewing sorted.  ;D
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 12:10:37 pm »
Its fucking boss.

Perfect sitcom for this day and age, the themes are the universal sitcom fodder of family life, but the jokes aren't watered down, it treats its audience like adults.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 12:23:54 pm »
Fell asleep after a couple of episodes. Cliched, stereotyped, boring, stiff, and unsurprising. Hmm, let's see: submissive mother, work-weary father, conceited kids, and the jealousy inducing neighbor. Overused concept and the mediocre comedy doesn't push it any further. Suburban malaise, yes it's still depressing.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 12:34:12 pm »
Enjoyed the first one. Light watching and very funny in places. Only 25 min episodes too.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 10:56:43 am »
What a theme song.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2020, 11:37:23 am »
Just got into this.

Ha ha ha.

You have to get past Episode 1 - watched it and just didn't like it.

Came back to it and watched a few - really good - lots of pisstakes/media references and some good actual stories

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.