Author Topic: Us and them. The Exiles.  (Read 11425 times)

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
Re: Us and them. The Exiles.
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2011, 07:56:56 pm »

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2011, 08:16:00 pm »

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
  • Never get out of bed before noon
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2011, 03:53:44 am »
Yeah Rafa would never of been clever enough to play Carrick and Giggs center mid against barca . Think he has a point .
" I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp ".

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2011, 05:08:30 am »
Some comedy gold in this thread.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline SteLFC91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2011, 05:21:02 am »
Fuck off and die ya thundercunting fucktron

:lmao :lmao

Sigged! ;D

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2011, 05:40:17 am »
Can any detractor of ours say honestly with a straight face that any ex-Liverpool player has upon leaving the club, gone onto greener pastures and played for superior footballing outfits? Now before you open your yapper, I know what you're going to say. You'll say Javier Mascherano, you'll say Steve McManaman, Michael Owen. You'll say Xabi Alonso, Ian Rush and Alvaro Arbeloa. You'll probably say Fernando Torres, Yossi Benayoun and Jerzy Dudek. Hell, you might even say our Steve wanted to go to Chelsea. The point I'm making is, if you ignore all those players you've listed, who quite frankly don't count for this exercise, then who can you say has upon leaving us has played for better sides? What's that, I can't hear anything, son? That settles it then. Nobody. Playing for Liverpool is the pinnacle of any mans career. Liverpool 1-0 Haters.

What's more remarkable is how the players yearn for this club, even after their transfer on. And my heart bleeds for them, it truly does. While they're laying on the sunny beaches in sunny Spain, rolling around in £150k of dough or whether they're playing against Europes finest in a Champions League final, they will always take time out of their busy schedule to say a few kind words about our terrific club. Words of how they dream of hearing "Liverpool, Liverpool. Liverpool, Liverpool. Liverpool, Liverpool. Liverpool, Liverpool." sweep around the cauldron of noise that is a half-full Anfield on a European night against a mighty Romanian outfit. Oh how they would love to return and get a piece of that action.

But they can't. What's in the past, stays there. There is no use in being overwhelmed by past glories, and living off memories of days gone by. Our ex-players, they need to be like us. They need to be strong and they need to move on. It isn't healthy. There is a saying at this club, I forget what it is, but I think it is something along the lines of "No man is bigger than Rafa." You see, even though the pro-ManU media might of painted the whole affair as disharmony at the club and a case of players falling out with the management, it wasn't like that at all. Royal Rafa, despite contrary popular opinion, was actually a very good man motivator. He spoke English, Spanish and more importantly the language of football. When he would say "Eeeh, Xabi.. Barree, vary good player, no?", Alonso knew that a superior footballing specimen was about to be brought in and it was about time he packed his bags. When our Rafa would speak to Mr. Ferguson about these "fahkts", Mr. Ferguson would know his ass had been royally handed to him. When Rafa spoke, everybody paid attention.

Rafa was a tactical genius, way ahead of his time. When Inter Milan won the Treble, they knew that there was only one man to take them to the next level. Step forward, Rafa Benitez. The task was formidable, he had to take a team of winners and win a trophy Mourinho felt un-attainable. The FIFA Club World Cup. Rafa beat the formidable and reknowned TP Mazembe in the final and Inter were crowned champions. But such success was not enough for those fickle Italians and they sacked our Rafa unjustly. Alas, such is modern day football. You can pour your heart and soul into a side, you can face derision for playing a holding midfield of Mascherano/Lucas against the likes of Stoke, but you can never satisfy the insatiable. The boardroom.

But friends, I end this entry on a happier note. Over the past few years we've come to realise that we can't "beat" ManU at their own game, we are unable to win trophies and challenge them. We live our lives through the expressed support of other teams who can challenge them -- the likes of Barcelona. Which is why I'm proud to announce, friends, I'm thinking about mailing Mr. Henry and running by him the idea of making Liverpool FC -THE- Official Barcelona supporters group. Why spend £17m on Aquailani, or £35m on Carroll, when we can funnel our transfer funds to them directly? Seeing as all our best players are heading to Spain, why not make it official that we're Barca/Real's feeder club and send our Kelly on a season long loan? It's a win-win situation. We can laugh at the Mancs when they lose to the best side of all time, and we get to become Barca's official sponsor. Anybody else interested in this exciting proposition?

http://i53.tinypic.com/2ueqs74.jpg

YNWA.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2011, 05:52:19 am »
Great thread, showcasing the best RAWK has to offer.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2011, 07:00:55 am »
He registers 3 days ago, starts three topics each brimming with mundane grievances that only a manc is capable of.

I need to go to great length to even begin to understand why he bothers, or have the scribes at Red cafe written these cunting texts ?

:wanker
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2011, 07:02:40 am »

:lmao :lmao
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2011, 07:10:40 am »
He registers 3 days ago, starts three topics each brimming with mundane grievances that only a manc is capable of.

I need to go to great length to even begin to understand why he bothers, or have the scribes at Red cafe written these cunting texts ?

:wanker

They're Mancs and they actually think this is funny. Explains everything.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2011, 07:26:22 am »
They're Mancs and they actually think this is funny. Explains everything.

Yes it does. 8)

Pretty sure they have a thread about the 'exploits' of this guy then.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline TopKopster

• Anny Roader
  • Boring
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2011, 08:13:16 am »
Can any detractor of ours say honestly with a straight face that any ex-Liverpool player has upon leaving the club, gone onto greener pastures and played for superior footballing outfits? Now before you open your yapper, I know what you're going to say. You'll say Javier Mascherano, you'll say Steve McManaman, Michael Owen. You'll say Xabi Alonso, Ian Rush and Alvaro Arbeloa. You'll probably say Fernando Torres, Yossi Benayoun and Jerzy Dudek. Hell, you might even say our Steve wanted to go to Chelsea. The point I'm making is, if you ignore all those players you've listed, who quite frankly don't count for this exercise, then who can you say has upon leaving us has played for better sides? What's that, I can't hear anything, son? That settles it then. Nobody. Playing for Liverpool is the pinnacle of any mans career. Liverpool 1-0 Haters.

What's more remarkable is how the players yearn for this club, even after their transfer on. And my heart bleeds for them, it truly does. While they're laying on the sunny beaches in sunny Spain, rolling around in £150k of dough or whether they're playing against Europes finest in a Champions League final, they will always take time out of their busy schedule to say a few kind words about our terrific club. Words of how they dream of hearing "Liverpool, Liverpool. Liverpool, Liverpool. Liverpool, Liverpool. Liverpool, Liverpool." sweep around the cauldron of noise that is a half-full Anfield on a European night against a mighty Romanian outfit. Oh how they would love to return and get a piece of that action.

But they can't. What's in the past, stays there. There is no use in being overwhelmed by past glories, and living off memories of days gone by. Our ex-players, they need to be like us. They need to be strong and they need to move on. It isn't healthy. There is a saying at this club, I forget what it is, but I think it is something along the lines of "No man is bigger than Rafa." You see, even though the pro-ManU media might of painted the whole affair as disharmony at the club and a case of players falling out with the management, it wasn't like that at all. Royal Rafa, despite contrary popular opinion, was actually a very good man motivator. He spoke English, Spanish and more importantly the language of football. When he would say "Eeeh, Xabi.. Barree, vary good player, no?", Alonso knew that a superior footballing specimen was about to be brought in and it was about time he packed his bags. When our Rafa would speak to Mr. Ferguson about these "fahkts", Mr. Ferguson would know his ass had been royally handed to him. When Rafa spoke, everybody paid attention.

Rafa was a tactical genius, way ahead of his time. When Inter Milan won the Treble, they knew that there was only one man to take them to the next level. Step forward, Rafa Benitez. The task was formidable, he had to take a team of winners and win a trophy Mourinho felt un-attainable. The FIFA Club World Cup. Rafa beat the formidable and reknowned TP Mazembe in the final and Inter were crowned champions. But such success was not enough for those fickle Italians and they sacked our Rafa unjustly. Alas, such is modern day football. You can pour your heart and soul into a side, you can face derision for playing a holding midfield of Mascherano/Lucas against the likes of Stoke, but you can never satisfy the insatiable. The boardroom.

But friends, I end this entry on a happier note. Over the past few years we've come to realise that we can't "beat" ManU at their own game, we are unable to win trophies and challenge them. We live our lives through the expressed support of other teams who can challenge them -- the likes of Barcelona. Which is why I'm proud to announce, friends, I'm thinking about mailing Mr. Henry and running by him the idea of making Liverpool FC -THE- Official Barcelona supporters group. Why spend £17m on Aquailani, or £35m on Carroll, when we can funnel our transfer funds to them directly? Seeing as all our best players are heading to Spain, why not make it official that we're Barca/Real's feeder club and send our Kelly on a season long loan? It's a win-win situation. We can laugh at the Mancs when they lose to the best side of all time, and we get to become Barca's official sponsor. Anybody else interested in this exciting proposition?

http://i53.tinypic.com/2ueqs74.jpg

YNWA.

As far as wind ups go this is a pretty good one, must have taken quite a while to do though.  I'd like to do the same to Red cafe but sadly I have neither the time nor the inclination.  I'd suggest to the OP that if he has the time to do this maybe he might have the time to work out some sort of attack on the owners of his club that have saddled it with more debt than than the Greek government and think about his team rather than ours.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2011, 08:17:31 am »
Can we stop quoting the OP in responses please? By all means, comment on how sad and pathetic it is, or deconstruct it in an intellectual way that will most likely go over the OP's head anyway, but don't quote the whole damned thing. Cheers.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2011, 08:25:54 am »
As far as wind ups go this is a pretty good one, must have taken quite a while to do though. 

No wonder people think you're a Manc. Like Hinesy said, absolutely nothing satirical about it in the slightest. A good trolling attempt requires subtlety, this was busted within seconds. I've seen better fishing attempts from half-drunk transfer forum denizens.

Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2011, 08:43:11 am »
Barca challenged ManU. Love it.

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2011, 08:50:21 am »
The funniest of the 3.

But I'm not sure what's worse - the fact that you spent all that time writing it or the fact that I actually spent time reading it.

Offline TopKopster

• Anny Roader
  • Boring
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2011, 08:53:48 am »
No wonder people think you're a Manc. Like Hinesy said, absolutely nothing satirical about it in the slightest. A good trolling attempt requires subtlety, this was busted within seconds. I've seen better fishing attempts from half-drunk transfer forum denizens.

I care not one jot if some of the lesser posters on here think I'm a manc, my point is that this bloke whilst not being in any way subtle has managed to air some grievences in a way that other mancs will find funny.  If someone had had the time, energy and inclination to do this to RedCafe I'd be laughing my head off and I'm not prepared to let a manc get under my skin so I'll appaud his efforts, I'm sure this thread is being viewed by hundreds of red cafe users as we speak and so well done to you all, 19 league titles and all you can think of is an LFC forum.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2011, 09:01:20 am »
I care not one jot if some of the lesser posters on here think I'm a manc, my point is that this bloke whilst not being in any way subtle has managed to air some grievences in a way that other mancs will find funny.  If someone had had the time, energy and inclination to do this to RedCafe I'd be laughing my head off and I'm not prepared to let a manc get under my skin so I'll appaud his efforts, I'm sure this thread is being viewed by hundreds of red cafe users as we speak and so well done to you all, 19 league titles and all you can think of is an LFC forum.

That's just sad. The rest of us will be cringing at such a pathetic waste of time and effort.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2011, 09:04:58 am »
Read it again. Was about as interesting and funny as Gina Yashere the first time around. Less so this time.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2011, 09:12:16 am »
This was hilarious until the last paragraph.

Offline TopKopster

• Anny Roader
  • Boring
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2011, 09:17:22 am »
That's just sad. The rest of us will be cringing at such a pathetic waste of time and effort.

I didn't realise I was speaking to the spokesman of the site

Offline Dubit10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2011, 09:45:13 am »

Ha ha
Robbie Fowler is God

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2011, 09:48:07 am »

I think he was echoing the sentiment of the sensible posters on this site. This kind of thing is pathetic regardless of who does it.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2011, 10:45:29 am »

Manc.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2011, 10:45:54 am »

He's right.

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2011, 11:52:35 am »
Wouldn't a good wind up -  you know - wind people up?

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Most prickless poster ever
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2011, 12:00:14 pm »
What zee fack?

Offline TopKopster

• Anny Roader
  • Boring
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2011, 12:54:12 pm »
I think he was echoing the sentiment of the humourless posters on this site. This kind of thing is pathetic regardless of who does it.

Fixed that for you. 

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2011, 01:20:54 pm »
Fixed that for you. 

Nah most people would agree with Prelude, whereas you find it a good attempt at a wind up.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2011, 03:06:59 pm »
Wouldn't a good wind up -  you know - wind people up?

It's a terrible attempt. Give me Sabu Pundit any day.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2011, 03:15:03 pm »
Fixed that for you.

Stop making it worse. It would NOT be funny no matter who did it. It's a pathetic waste of time and effort. Seriously get a grip.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2011, 03:19:38 pm »
Is this really all he has to do with his time? Write a nice long essay 3 times about Liverpool, go on paint to try and add to it all.

Fucking hell.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2011, 04:18:33 pm »
Thought that post was quite funny but redcafe as a whole is fucking laughable...I had a peak to see what they were saying about Jones the other day and got drawn in by the threads about us. They really seem to think we are completely and utterly obsessed with them, and they post about that obsession in a thread hundreds of pages long which is about, you guessed it, us. And that thread is only this season, they're talking about starting another one for the coming season so that's a fucking lot of posts just about us and this forum where they've come here, trawled through the good posts to find the odd nobhead, quoted him and then said "ha ha ha look at them and how obsessed with us they are". I'm sure if we gave that much of a fuck about them then we'd be able to read all through their forum to pick out an equal amount of shit posts but clearly we don't.

Twats.

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2011, 04:27:27 pm »
Thought that post was quite funny but redcafe as a whole is fucking laughable...I had a peak to see what they were saying about Jones the other day and got drawn in by the threads about us. They really seem to think we are completely and utterly obsessed with them, and they post about that obsession in a thread hundreds of pages long which is about, you guessed it, us. And that thread is only this season, they're talking about starting another one for the coming season so that's a fucking lot of posts just about us and this forum where they've come here, trawled through the good posts to find the odd nobhead, quoted him and then said "ha ha ha look at them and how obsessed with us they are". I'm sure if we gave that much of a fuck about them then we'd be able to read all through their forum to pick out an equal amount of shit posts but clearly we don't.

Twats.

In fairness we're just as bad. There's far too much glass on RAWK to be throwing rocks like that around.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2011, 04:31:14 pm »
In fairness we're just as bad. There's far too much glass on RAWK to be throwing rocks like that around.
Are we though? Seems to me that now and then someone starts a thread about something to do with them and immediately gets shot down by the majority of posters and the thread locked.

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2011, 04:41:20 pm »
Are we though? Seems to me that now and then someone starts a thread about something to do with them and immediately gets shot down by the majority of posters and the thread locked.

It's a little bit more than now and then. Plus, we constantly have people coming on here with the latest news from Red Cafe, usually complaining about them talking about us. Ironic really.

I'm not defending Man Utd fans or anything, just saying that we're not exactly innocent ourselves.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2011, 04:53:41 pm »
It's a little bit more than now and then. Plus, we constantly have people coming on here with the latest news from Red Cafe, usually complaining about them talking about us. Ironic really.

I'm not defending Man Utd fans or anything, just saying that we're not exactly innocent ourselves.
Fair enough, I must be doing an Arsene Wenger and not spotted them then!

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2011, 05:28:02 pm »
Fair enough, I must be doing an Arsene Wenger and not spotted them then!

Ach, piss off.  :P