Author Topic: Notts County  (Read 709 times)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Notts County
« on: March 25, 2019, 10:42:38 am »
Went to watch Notts County against the mighty Exeter City last saturday and i think it is sad to see a club with the footballing heritage County has seemingly drifting out of the football league.

There is a lot wrong going on behind the scenes at the club, dodgy owner, three managers in a season for example but they have a great ground and ave over 8K a game even playing the way they are:

As for the game Exeter had a man sent off midway through the first half but County didnt capitalise on that and went down to a last minute goal i am told that was how their season has gone.

I hope they stay up but given that performance from a team bereft of ideas and confidence i sadly can't see them doing it.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Notts County
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 10:58:47 am »
I went to Meadow Lane on Boxing day as an away fan and they were as disorganised on the pitch as they seemingly are off it! Speaking to some County fans pre game in the pub they'd all but given up on staying up even then and with the financial situation getting worse by the week administration looks very likely. There is a whole plethora of clubs in L2 who are very very unstable financially. Port Vale facing administration unless they get a buyer before May. Oldham apparently in the shit too. The team I follow Macclesfield are skint and occasionally don't pay the players, though don't have massive debts. Notts County all but bust. Think you'll end up seeing a lot more phoenix clubs popping up in the next few years and clubs go under. Sad. But that is football. There is more money in football than there ever has been...just not in L1, L2 and beyond!
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 11:05:06 am »
Have a soft spot for County as was a Student in Nottingham....their fan base was charmingly small...made up of grandads and geeks....knew one lad who followed them everywhere..when they played us they filled their little section of the Road end....after the game he proudly  told me that's the most County had taken to an  away...apart from Forest I said...no he replied we don't take as many there

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 02:54:48 pm »
Have a soft spot for County as was a Student in Nottingham....their fan base was charmingly small...made up of grandads and geeks....knew one lad who followed them everywhere..when they played us they filled their little section of the Road end....after the game he proudly  told me that's the most County had taken to an  away...apart from Forest I said...no he replied we don't take as many there

My sister was studying in Nottingham last time they were in the top division, she was living in a rough estate close to County's ground (meadows?) we went to the game when we beat them 2-1 and left my car at hers, was surprised it still had the wheels when we got back ;D