Author Topic: The Jordan Pickford thread  (Read 195577 times)

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Jordan Pickford appreciation thread
« Reply #360 on: December 24, 2018, 06:33:07 am »
I think Mignolet is twice keeper pickford is. To think how much scrutinty he got compared to this fraud.

I don't even think it's close to be honest.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: December 24, 2018, 06:35:28 am »
As long as Southgate doesn't drop him, they'll continue to play him no matter what.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: December 24, 2018, 07:02:00 am »
Could have been 2-10 if they had an average keeper

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #363 on: December 24, 2018, 07:04:17 am »
I've said it before, such a comical keeper, never seen a keeper with such lack of awareness as to where his goal is, & his Hollywood dives when he's nowhere near to saving the ball, so sweet after him calling out Alisson for errors[which we still end up winning the match] Pickford promptly makes hilarious blunders that cost them the match. ;D
#Sausages

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: December 24, 2018, 08:36:00 am »
It's like having a toddler in goal. One whose parents refused the choccy biscuits in aisle 3

Maybe they should make the ball look like a giant malteaser,
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #365 on: December 24, 2018, 09:06:00 am »
Comical to see some blues blame first goal on Zouma.

Zouma was fully in control, in front of the attacker and ready to clear into the stands or head back to kepper... but ol' T-Rex comes rushing out like a lunatic and fucks it all up.

He is awful and so out of his depth - one of the most overrated keepers I have seen in recent times, anything either side of him but still within a foot or two he will dive for instead of putting out a low arms or a leg out... by the time he dives ball flies in under him, watch him, it's a given!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: December 24, 2018, 09:15:07 am »
it's like he only knows how to dive for balls, as if he watched some very basic training video or read a book on how to be a goalkeeper.  Doesn't seem to realise there is more than one way to save the ball, and that that is actually the purpose of being a goalkeeper!

When I rewatch the derby clip, I honestly wonder if he'd just left the ball alone would it have just landed on top of the net and stayed there, or would it have bounced down off the crossbar and into his hands?  I'd almost feel sorry for him right now - if he hadn't been such an arrogant arsehole earlier in the season.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #367 on: December 24, 2018, 09:19:45 am »
He's alright, but his downfall seems to be that he thinks he is actually in the world top standards already. Constantly trying passes that aren't on, coming for balls he shouldn't and trying to play in a way he clearly isn't ready to.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: December 24, 2018, 09:22:42 am »
Apparently Jordan Pickford hasn't got any Christmas cards as he has no idea where his post is.

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #369 on: December 24, 2018, 09:24:50 am »
I’ve seen three Everton games this season (including yesterday’s and ours obviously) and he’s been responsible for at least five goals they’ve conceded. That’s incredible.

The most incredible thing is that he seems have a Hodgson Media Pass as it never gets picked up. I guess that reflects that no one in the media gives a shit about a small, lower mid-table Premier League team and that he’s England’s number one and people can’t see him for what he is.
Internet terrorist

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #370 on: December 24, 2018, 09:25:01 am »
He's alright, but his downfall seems to be that he thinks he is actually in the world top standards already. Constantly trying passes that aren't on, coming for balls he shouldn't and trying to play in a way he clearly isn't ready to.

He’s atrocious

He was basically what Mignolet was at Sunderland, making a load of ace saves because he was facing so many. With the added bonus of being English, he’s suddenly been hyped up to the sky. And now he’s needing to do a bit less, but better. And he can’t. Plus Mignolet then went to a team with at least a half decent defence whereas Pickford plays for Everton. And Mignolet seems quite down to earth whereas Pickford seems to have a bit of lad culture confidence from somewhere, much like Joe Hart.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #371 on: December 24, 2018, 09:27:44 am »
I love the way he unsaved that second goal - it was about to strike his left foot but he just managed to get it out the way in time, so he could do one of his dives.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: December 24, 2018, 10:20:03 am »
"But, but, but, he's a good shot-stopper..."

I should bloody well hope so as well, he's a professional goalkeeper ffs. :butt
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Chavasse1917

• Legacy Fan
  • “Winning trophies has made me put on weight.”
« Reply #373 on: December 24, 2018, 10:37:43 am »

He is the Phil Jones of the goalkeeping profession......somehow he has got into the England team but regularly has a howler and his face afterwards is usually priceless!
"Everything has an end...except a sausage, which has two".

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #374 on: December 24, 2018, 10:42:33 am »
The Pickford thread on GOT :lmao

They've turned on the dopey fucker big time!!

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/jordan-pickford.104328/page-403

Compare page 3 of the thread to page 410.

The change in opinion of him is hysterical. From "world's best and let's not sell him to Real for £75m", to "let him rot on the bench, no one will buy him, why did we give him a new contract?"

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/jordan-pickford.104328/page-3

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/jordan-pickford.104328/page-410
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: December 24, 2018, 10:43:51 am »
Compare page 3 of the thread to page 410.

The change in opinion of him is hysterical. From "world's best and let's not sell him to Real for £75m", to "let him rot on the bench, no one will buy him, why did we give him a new contract?"

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/jordan-pickford.104328/page-3

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/jordan-pickford.104328/page-410

Genuinely read that and thought you were joking with the page numbers, how has it got to over 400 already :lmao

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #376 on: December 24, 2018, 10:47:28 am »
it's like he only knows how to dive for balls, as if he watched some very basic training video or read a book on how to be a goalkeeper.  Doesn't seem to realise there is more than one way to save the ball, and that that is actually the purpose of being a goalkeeper!

When I rewatch the derby clip, I honestly wonder if he'd just left the ball alone would it have just landed on top of the net and stayed there, or would it have bounced down off the crossbar and into his hands?  I'd almost feel sorry for him right now - if he hadn't been such an arrogant arsehole earlier in the season.

Been coached by Stallone.
See “Escape to Victory”
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: December 24, 2018, 10:50:17 am »
He's been living off that penalty save at the World Cup. I think only now are the general football public waking up to the reality he's really pretty shit.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: December 24, 2018, 11:22:41 am »

It deffo wouldn't have come back into play, it either hits the bar and bounces into the Kop, or just lands on the net.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #379 on: December 24, 2018, 11:40:05 am »
Part 3....

He makes silly dives, he pulls funny faces.
He can barely reach down to tie up his laces.
He lets in 6 goals likes he's playing for fun.
One massive fuck up and the derby we won!

To me he looks like an arrogant, spoilt brat.
He's England Number 1, I'm not having that.
It doesn't say much for our number 2 or 3.
A T.Rex armed keeper, now how can that be?

Tottenham the latest team to take the piss.
8 goal attempts , 6, Jordan managed to miss!
He blamed other players, he mumbled shite.
As the shots reigned past him left and right.

Embarrassed bitters came away from the pit.
Now will they admit Jordan Pickford is shit?
An overrated, overpriced keeper he is for sure.
With T.Rex arms he makes it so easy to score!

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: December 24, 2018, 11:42:26 am »

Make no mistake, the ball was going over.

However it's not just that. His technique for a ball like that is awful. You need to jump up, get ONE hand above the crossbar and punch/palm it over. It's actually probably more difficult to keep the ball in play than to see it out.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #381 on: December 24, 2018, 11:43:48 am »
On MOTD last night when they were showing the stats, Spurs zag was only 1.88. That suggests their finishing was incredible (Erikson’s was a great strike to be fair) or Pickford was Pickfording.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #382 on: December 24, 2018, 12:16:14 pm »
Been coached by Stallone.
See “Escape to Victory”

:lmao

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #383 on: December 24, 2018, 12:28:43 pm »
Still can't believe he got away with that "tackle" on Alli after the whistle had already been blown for offside.

It's one thing being a grossly over-rated goalkeeper, it's another trying to assault an opponent when you're annoyed at being shown up as that.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #384 on: December 24, 2018, 12:45:54 pm »
Still can't believe he got away with that "tackle" on Alli after the whistle had already been blown for offside.

It's one thing being a grossly over-rated goalkeeper, it's another trying to assault an opponent when you're annoyed at being shown up as that.

Definitely should have been booked. Was reckless and stupid

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: December 24, 2018, 12:49:42 pm »

That gif had me pissing my sides, crying with laughter here.

I hope they don't drop him, it would be unfair as he's one of the great entertainers in the Premier league!
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #386 on: December 24, 2018, 12:56:55 pm »
That gif had me pissing my sides, crying with laughter here.

I hope they don't drop him, it would be unfair as he's one of the great entertainers in the Premier league!

Surely there would be no coming back from being dropped for Stekelenberg.

They can't afford to drop him, unless they've got a really good GK in their academy squads.  If they had any sense they'd go out and get someone like Heaton (God knows how he is behind Joe Hart at Burnley) for the short-term in January and look to get someone with actual talent in in the summer.  They won't because Pickford is one of England's golden boys post-World Cup.

He's incredibly fortunate that Everton's business in the transfer market has been so haphazard and they haven't signed decent cover/competition. 

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: December 24, 2018, 01:37:35 pm »
The Pickford thread on GOT :lmao

They've turned on the dopey fucker big time!!

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/jordan-pickford.104328/page-403

One of their posters mentioned the late tackle on Alli - be getting a ban for that!

Someone on here said that Pickford made a similar tackle whilst playing for England, if he keeps doing it eventually he'll get done for it by a referee. Watch this space.  ;D
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: December 24, 2018, 01:45:38 pm »
Sat here with SSN on, the ads are on and I hear Tylers voice "The daftest Derby goal of all time" :lmao
Jurgen YNWA

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #389 on: December 24, 2018, 01:52:10 pm »
Genuinely read that and thought you were joking with the page numbers, how has it got to over 400 already :lmao

take you don't go on GOT?

over 3300 pages on their invisible stadium
647 pages on a fella who was a shareholder at Arsenal then sold his shares ;D
2500 pages on Moshiri

they're fucking nuts, 400 pages is nothing to them

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #390 on: December 24, 2018, 01:52:55 pm »
Sat here with SSN on, the ads are on and I hear Tylers voice "The daftest Derby goal of all time" :lmao

Sandy Brown?

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: December 24, 2018, 02:14:42 pm »
Comical to see some blues blame first goal on Zouma.

Zouma was fully in control, in front of the attacker and ready to clear into the stands or head back to kepper... but ol' T-Rex comes rushing out like a lunatic and fucks it all up.

Definitely, don't see any way to blame this on Zouma, he had everything under control until he got tackled, in my opinion.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: December 24, 2018, 02:29:55 pm »
:lmao :lmao

It's the way his head falls forward after diving over the first shot - Pickford all over.  ;D

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #394 on: December 24, 2018, 02:32:49 pm »
Had a quick scoot through that GOT thread.
Everything from “he’s shite” to him “being on the lemo with Mina” :-X

There is a large element that think he was good but the Derby mistake has shattered his confidence.

There are those like Davek, who have always had him down as a fraud.

The best shouts are for Southall to come in and coach him...
They haven’t seen big Nev recently have they?

One actually compared him to David Lawson.( Nicknamed Dracula due to his fear of crosses)

Now that is an insult

"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: December 24, 2018, 02:49:05 pm »
Forget his fuck ups as they're funny but just seen that tackle on Dele Alli. He's a proper fucking c*nt isn't he?
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: December 24, 2018, 03:04:11 pm »
take you don't go on GOT?

over 3300 pages on their invisible stadium
647 pages on a fella who was a shareholder at Arsenal then sold his shares ;D
2500 pages on Moshiri

they're fucking nuts, 400 pages is nothing to them

Plus their pages are really small.  They have t-rex pages.

Popcorn's Art

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #397 on: December 24, 2018, 04:15:53 pm »
The best shouts are for Southall to come in and coach him...
Owen will turn up to training and meg Pickford.

Well done, he’s only 24.
AHA!

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: December 24, 2018, 04:16:57 pm »
Owen will turn up to training and meg Pickford.

Well done, he’s only 24.

Meh, Ian Rush could meg Pickford.  Hell, Lawro probably could.

Popcorn's Art

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: December 24, 2018, 04:19:11 pm »
Forget his fuck ups as they're funny but just seen that tackle on Dele Alli. He's a proper fucking c*nt isn't he?

Yep, he’s an arrogant little bellend. The dig at Alisson who’s 20 times the keeper, that yesterday, shouting at his defenders any time he makes a mistake, trying to pass off his Anfield clanger as some sort of curse, he’s a prick. No wonder he shows no signs of improvement.