Brighton  3-1 Man Utd
Burnley  1-1 Nottingham Forest
Chelsea  3-1 Bournemouth
Crystal Palace  2-1 Aston Villa
Liverpool  3-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Luton  2-2 Fulham
Manchester City  4-1 West Ham Utd
Sheffield United  1-2 Tottenham Hotspur
I wouldn’t be shocked if we found him a loan next season, only because he’s missed a year in his development and he might benefit more by getting a full season of regular football under his belt. He won’t get that here and I’m a huge fan, but I’d be amazed if he was seen as a solution for next season.

I think the same. He needs a season of first-team football in his legs.
General Football and Sport / Re: Boxing thread
« Last post by BarryCrocker on Today at 11:15:02 am »
Good to see Drake lose $565k on picking Fury.
Quiz Question.
During his reign, this site saw its most posters ever online in one day (17k)
What game inspired so many people to log on.
No looking.
The Ali goal?

Maybe Origi’s derby winner?
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Four In A Row Finally Happens
« Last post by Fromola on Today at 11:14:16 am »
Thought Jurgen handled this brilliantly in the press conference yesterday, "we'll see about that" in bringing up their charges. The cheating aspect is always there.

Nobody is arsed about Abu Dhabi in the game.

It's an Arab state backed club, playing a Barcelona-lite style of play. There is nothing "Man city" about it. Its completely detached from them. It would be exactly the same at whatever club the Arabs purchased, so the issue is not the club as it's just the vehicle.

Like most non Arsenal fans I wanted Spurs to lose to them the other night as it means nothing Abu Dhabi purchasing another title, and if anything the hope is it fasttracks reform. The game needs a reset, as even without Oligarches and state owned clubs it still isn't right. If you are in a league you should have a realistic shot at eventually winning it, and not a 20k to 1 Leicester City type chance.

That's part of it. Manchester City were always a national joke. I remember they got relegated from the Premier League against us and they kept the ball in the corner flag for the last 5 minutes with the scores level - they had to win the game to stay up! This a week before the 96 cup final so we were half arsed anyway. Of course United win the title on the same day. Then they got relegated to the 3rd division. Their freebie stadium was always half empty. Pre-Abu Dhabi the most memorable moment was David James playing up front while they missed out on a European place. Their last game before the takeover they lost 8-0 to Middlesbrough and would have probably gone back down the next season.

Billions get poured in and straight away they're winning trophies every season after 30 years without a sniff of one. And still struggled to fill the ground. It's so inauthentic that nobody takes it seriously.

Not to defend Chelsea - as they're as bad - but they were at least already in the top 4 when Abramavich took over and had recently won the domestic cups and European trophy and had a mostly full stadium. Their sportswashing thus got more credibility than it warranted. Nobody can take City seriously as a top club because they were a laughing stock for decades.
General Football and Sport / Re: Boxing thread
« Last post by Gili Gulu on Today at 11:13:34 am »
Bullsit if true.

Most people, quite rightly, kept calling Ali champ after he got banned.

Usyk is the undisputed world champion until someone beats him or he retires.

The IBF taking a belt off him diminishes the IBF not the other way round.
It’ll piss on everyone’s chips, if we don’t win.

If Klopp does another mass sub thing again and fucks the rhythm up, again, we should fuck him off. There, I’ve said it..

;D

Seriously, though, I'm happy we're not heading into today's game in Arsenal's position, it would be terrible if Jurgen's big day was overshadowed by having to pay any attention to what's going on at City. As it is, I won't be giving it any thought at all, it'll probably be hours after the game that I even find out who won the title. Though, as always, we all know in advance who that will be.
He isn't going to be anywhere near Anfield today, he has his own last game to complete.

Yeah I was only messing about. Got to get Pickfords to come pick all his gear up for the move to Formby.

Wonder if he'll drink in the grapes?
I'd say in about 4 or 5 weeks when the pre-season stuff would normally start to kick in. I hope he doesn't make Ulla or his boys take lactate tests and do laps of the local park to help him deal with it.

Oh, and a fantastic final OP of the season, it's strangely helped me deal with all this. I've been a bit lost for a few months with it, but then realised there's a human involved in all this that I've never met but who I really hope lives his best life now and clearly needs the break. The dusty eyes show that we care, but Anfield will still be standing tomorrow. We've got a match to watch today, appreciation to express and people not yet born to bore to pieces with tales of glory. Be glad that Jurgen is a red, I know I am.

He said that pre season last summer was when it hit him that he'd had enough and he wasn't going to be here next season, so I think he'll let out a huge sigh of relief that he doesn't have to go through it.
The Boozer / Re: Holidays 2024 - What's your plans?
« Last post by fridgepants on Today at 11:10:57 am »
I'm flying to Heathrow tomorrow, connecting flight there.

how is the security process?

these days when you go through airport security you never know what to expect - shoes on or off? take out laptop or leave in bag is ok - how about your tablet - phone? liquids in separate bag?

I had a pair of nail clippers confiscated not long ago (airport in Vietnam).

I had an awful experience last year - needed to take some film with me, couldn't rely on getting it at my destination as there was a shortage in Japan and what I wanted to take was not guaranteed to be found over there (and trawling round ships would probably have led to divorce). Packed everything in a clear bag as I normally do with film on flights. Emailed them before I went to make things easier and lessen the possibility of destroying £200+ worth of equipment, and their security team said a hand-check will be fine, they won't put it through the scanners.

Got there and asked for my film to be hand-checked. They said no. Told them that I didn't want to risk it going through the scanners, and I'd emailed to check before I came. They asked to see the email, got it up on my phone. "Yeah, we need to see the previous emails in the chain." But it says that a hand-check is fine. "I know, but It's policy madam, I need to know what they said."

Found the email, they checked with supervisors, then told me that "it must have been crossed wires" that it was fine, and anything below 800iso must go through the scanner, including rolls at a lower speed to be shot at 800, or rollfilm that didn't have the ISO printed on. By the time we had this conversation and it had all been separated out, they could have hand-checked the lot. Stressed me out so much that I ended up crying at the Pret counter, which is probably why it didn't surprise MrF when I got diagnosed with autism a year later.

Took six more flights on that trip, including a change at CDG. Absolutely no problems. Except for MrF getting annoyed and asking why I can't just use a normal camera like normal people.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10