Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3473538 times)

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #41640 on: January 29, 2016, 10:58:39 pm »
Just finished watching Legend. Thought it was really good and really kept me interested throughout. About 4/5 different times I thought I'd worked out how it ended and got it wrong every time. Suppose if you know the story of the Kray twins then you'll know what to expect but for someone who didn't I found it an enthralling watch.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #41641 on: January 30, 2016, 09:54:42 am »
All Mistakes Buried....a grim, indy, noirish portrayal of drug use, alcoholism, scuzzy broken lives and personal desolation....ie, not one to see on a first date.....impressive though, due to a narrative that unfolds in semi-flashback and a quite brilliant performance by Sam Trammell as the hapless main protagonist....6/10
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #41642 on: January 30, 2016, 10:53:35 am »
Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood and the Prison of Belief

Sick, paranoid stuff.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41643 on: January 30, 2016, 11:53:37 am »
Watched Spotlight tonight.

Wow. What a fucking movie.
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #41644 on: January 30, 2016, 01:34:15 pm »
Went to see The Big Short in the movies.

Got lost in all the terminology and figures etc. Didn't really enjoy it to be honest. I can see how someone might if you understand all that. Don't get me wrong I obviously had a grasp of what was going on I just did not 100% understand.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41645 on: January 30, 2016, 06:11:50 pm »
Lazer Team 2015 WEBRip XviD-FGT

Lazer Team 2015 1080p WEBRip x264 AAC2 0-FGT

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TI455Z37o30" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TI455Z37o30</a>
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41646 on: January 31, 2016, 09:33:32 am »
Ride.Along.2.2016.HC.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #41647 on: January 31, 2016, 09:37:16 am »
I saw the new Poltergeist. Some nice effects here and there. The humour, menace, interaction and plot were missing in this version.

Fairly terrible. Nowhere near as good as the original.

2/10
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41648 on: January 31, 2016, 10:22:23 am »
Watched Daddy's Home last night. Was really excited for it and ended up feeling slightly underwhelmed. It was decent, but not as funny as I had hoped for. Thought the story was good enough, and liked the twist at the end, but just hoped for a few more laughs. 6/10.

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41649 on: January 31, 2016, 04:51:09 pm »
Spotlight, wow.  Very dense, very heavy, very wordy.  A bit All the President's Men. 

Usually when a film finishes in the cinema you get the usual chatter, especially when it's a well attended screening as this was.  At the end of this though there was just complete silence.  Nobody said a word. 

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #41650 on: January 31, 2016, 07:06:26 pm »
The Veil 2016 720p WEBRip x264 AAC-m2g

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41651 on: January 31, 2016, 07:19:24 pm »
The Veil 2016 720p WEBRip x264 AAC-m2g
You've got nae standards at all have you...people are gonna wanna hang you la....I watch some shite mate..but you... ;D ;D :P

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41652 on: January 31, 2016, 07:20:21 pm »
Talking of shite..I watched Lazer Team..it wasn't good. ;D

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41653 on: January 31, 2016, 07:27:16 pm »
You've got nae standards at all have you...people are gonna wanna hang you la....I watch some shite mate..but you... ;D ;D :P
You're just an old fucking misery ;D ;D ;D

How long till The Witch or The Forest or any decent horror?

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41654 on: January 31, 2016, 07:38:31 pm »
You're just an old fucking misery ;D ;D ;D

How long till The Witch or The Forest or any decent horror?
;D ;D ;D

The Witch is out on the 19th of Feb iirc...The Forest I don't know....I'm more concerned that 31 still hasn't been certified for release.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41655 on: January 31, 2016, 07:40:07 pm »
The Forest has had a cinematic release earlier this month..should be vod soon then..it looks fuckin awful..you'll love it. ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41656 on: January 31, 2016, 07:43:07 pm »
Just seen that Nina Forever is vod on the 12th of next month..been looking forward to this.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1IokJt_05co" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1IokJt_05co</a>

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41657 on: January 31, 2016, 08:12:17 pm »
The boy looks good an all! Any idea when that drops? Ta laa

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #41658 on: January 31, 2016, 08:13:41 pm »
Spotlight, wow.  Very dense, very heavy, very wordy.  A bit All the President's Men. 

Usually when a film finishes in the cinema you get the usual chatter, especially when it's a well attended screening as this was.  At the end of this though there was just complete silence.  Nobody said a word. 

Maybe half of them were asleep?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41659 on: January 31, 2016, 09:52:35 pm »
Finally saw the revenant, didn't manage an IMAX but damn that was beautiful.

Couldn't help but think Leo's crawling drugged up scene in wolf of Wall Street was an audition for this film! Tom hardy was excellent, you can see the love and effort that went into filming it. Maybe a bit too long, but surely a shoe in for at least best director. 8/10
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41660 on: January 31, 2016, 09:58:35 pm »
The boy looks good an all! Any idea when that drops? Ta laa
The Boy...the one with David Morse and Rainn Wilson? If so, it's been available for...I've had it for about six months.

The dummy version, The Boy-which looks beautifully fucked up...just had a cinematic release last week. Dvd and vod will be a while for this, I'd think. Sorry abar the delay mate, I'm working on my bikes.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gg-esQyvoAg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Gg-esQyvoAg</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zpIbO6HEwr8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zpIbO6HEwr8</a>

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41661 on: February 1, 2016, 01:45:56 am »
Watched 'Steve Jobs' tonight.

Rubbish. An awful and boring film.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41662 on: February 1, 2016, 08:26:13 am »
Watched 'Jurrasic World'.
How has it gained so many good reviews. It was terrible.

The raptor practically high-5'd him at the end.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41663 on: February 1, 2016, 12:02:50 pm »
Finally got to see Room yesterday.

Outstanding film -And, as has been said, the young lad's performance is fantastic.

Highly recommended.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #41664 on: February 1, 2016, 12:10:48 pm »
Went to see The Big Short in the movies.

Got lost in all the terminology and figures etc. Didn't really enjoy it to be honest. I can see how someone might if you understand all that. Don't get me wrong I obviously had a grasp of what was going on I just did not 100% understand. 

You mean, even when Margot Robbie is explaining the jargon whilst in a bubble bath, you weren't paying attention??  For shame.

Watched Hateful Eight last night.  Didn't like it all that much - it's a non-Western Western (almost all of it indoors) so why the big deal about being shot on 70mm?).
Mainly it didn't grasp my interest because there's not much of a story: a lot of talking, followed by someone dying. With lots of blood.  But it's just too damned long -  it takes so long to get going, and the last 45 minutes are just so unnecessary.

The performances are very good - Walton Goggins and SLJ, and JJ Leigh are tremendous  (but Tim Roth is awful, to be fair), and the score is great.  It's a typical latter-day Tarantino, basically, but without the bravura set-pieces we had in Inglorious, or the fascinating deconstruction of the post-Civil War South that drove the action in Django.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2016, 10:24:19 pm by Ray K »
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #41665 on: February 1, 2016, 12:19:42 pm »
The performances are very good - Walton Gobbins and SLJ, and JJ Leigh are tremendous  (but Tim Roth is awful, to be fair),

I really enjoyed the movie, but agree that Roth was pretty cack in it.....seemed to have modelled his English accent on Basil Brush!
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #41666 on: February 1, 2016, 12:33:51 pm »

Just didnt have that effect with me or Irish audiences as a whole I'd imagine. We know the story all too well, nothing shocking about it which in a way is a tragedy in itself.

Offline mattybeard

• Chicken Fondler. Group hug? Anyone?
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41667 on: February 1, 2016, 01:28:34 pm »
Just booked my tickets to Cineworld Unlimited Secret Screening this Saturday - I'm praying it's Deadpool.

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #41668 on: February 1, 2016, 03:50:59 pm »
Just booked my tickets to Cineworld Unlimited Secret Screening this Saturday - I'm praying it's Deadpool.

It's not - it's Sharknado 4.

:P
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41669 on: February 1, 2016, 03:59:47 pm »
That's what I think it is too. Just can't see what else it would be!

The last few there's been clues like running time and certificate but there's fuck all for this one! What cinema you at?

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #41670 on: February 1, 2016, 06:00:10 pm »
Alvin and the Chipmunks

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41671 on: February 1, 2016, 06:34:52 pm »
You mean, even when Margot Robbie is explaining the jargon whilst in a bubble bath, you weren't paying attention??  For shame.

Watched Hateful Eight last night.  Didn't like it all that much - it's a non-Western Western (almost all of it indoors) so why the big deal about being shot on 70mm?).
Mainly it didn't grasp my interest because there's not much of a story: a lot of talking, followed by someone dying. With lots of blood.  But it's just too damned long -  it takes so long to get going, and the last 45 minutes are just so unnecessary.

The performances are very good - Walton Gobbins and SLJ, and JJ Leigh are tremendous  (but Tim Roth is awful, to be fair), and the score is great.  It's a typical latter-day Tarantino, basically, but without the bravura set-pieces we had in Inglorious, or the fascinating deconstruction of the post-Civil War South that drove the action in Django.
Gobbins was the best thing in it, I thought. He has a natural aptitude for westerns. Just has the face for it or something.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #41672 on: February 1, 2016, 06:45:50 pm »
TV listings for SKY Comedy tomorrow

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41673 on: February 1, 2016, 06:47:37 pm »

Dirty Harry? ;D

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #41674 on: February 1, 2016, 07:04:53 pm »

Ghostbusters 2?

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #41675 on: February 1, 2016, 10:23:05 pm »
Gobbins was the best thing in it, I thought. He has a natural aptitude for westerns. Just has the face for it or something.

I'm now annoyed that I wrote down Walton 'Gobbbins' not Goggins, so I have to change it.  He does have an affinity with westerns, having worn the black hat beautifully well on Justified for so many years.  Or did Raylan Givens wear the black hat? In either case, they dug coal together...
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41676 on: February 2, 2016, 03:57:45 pm »
It's Dads Army.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41677 on: February 2, 2016, 04:01:18 pm »
It's Dads Army.
Get ta fuck with that sort of talk, my Saturday night would be a fucking write off :no

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41678 on: February 2, 2016, 04:03:30 pm »
Anyone on here other than I and I ever watch Blue Mountain State?

If you did....it's finally here.....IPT and everywhere else....oh yes. 8)

Blue Mountain State: The Rise of Thadland.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YORcS0Fs64M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YORcS0Fs64M</a>

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41679 on: February 2, 2016, 04:04:15 pm »
Get ta fuck with that sort of talk, my Saturday night would be a fucking write off :no
You know it is....you know I know. ;D