Author Topic: Liverpool 1 v Everton 1 (Salah 42’)  (Read 91729 times)

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 1 v Everton 1 (Salah 42’)
« Reply #1920 on: December 11, 2017, 03:23:54 pm »
Unfortunately for Lovren, he does keep making them. Like I said, I like him and have defended him, but it's difficult to do so when you keep seeing similar mistakes from him regardless of how much/little pressure we are under as a side.

Ultimately these errors clearly mean that he shouldn't be a first-choice defender for a club with our ambitions. We know that, he probably knows that, hopefully Klopp does. In the meantime I hope he can recover from this because, particularly aerially, he's an important player for us. Watching Klavan under the high ball yesterday was fucking painful.
id imagine that's the case as why else was klopp so keen on vvd this summer. He's an attacking manager so it makes sense to build the squad to your strengths. These next windows is hopefully when defensive players are bought

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1921 on: December 11, 2017, 03:24:12 pm »
They have belief and patience. But were frustrated that we didn't batter Everton like we should have done.

I just hope it doesn't bite us on the arse later in the season.

Some of these lads have been going to the game since the 60s - who are you to tell them they shouldn't be going to the game?

Absolutely no-one. Same as them.

Klopp's our manager. The players give their all. They're all someone.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1922 on: December 11, 2017, 03:27:07 pm »
Initially from where I was sat it did look like he’d pushed Calvert-Lewin in the back but the more replays I watch it looks like a manufactured dive. Contact is not a foul. One thing I can’t stand is the mantra that contact entitles you to go down. It’s only a foul if it impedes you. It just wasn’t a penalty.
On another point they were the worst Everton side I’ve seen at Anfield. Dreadful. But at 1-0 you run the risk of exactly what happened yesterday. Anyway I’m very happy with the way we are playing and can see progression. Unlike EFC who have more of that shite to look forward to.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1923 on: December 11, 2017, 03:28:39 pm »
What Suarez have you been watching mate? Seriously?

Pretty confident in what I'm saying here, but happy to concede if proven otherwise - I remember seeing a fair few goals when he's waited for his partner to catch up to square, or play the unselfish pass, even more so once he moved to Barca.

Regardless - the point stands. It's ALWAYS, IMO, the wrong choice to shoot in the situation, even if you score (I know that sounds stupid) but they should always pass. That equals a guaranteed goal. The shot is always the worst option. You can see elite coaches agree with this - watch how City play, how barca did/do, how any manager goes fucking ballistic if people don't pass.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1924 on: December 11, 2017, 03:34:17 pm »
Shall we debate whether Salah’s little shove on Martina was a foul instead? :D

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1925 on: December 11, 2017, 03:39:05 pm »
Pretty confident in what I'm saying here, but happy to concede if proven otherwise - I remember seeing a fair few goals when he's waited for his partner to catch up to square, or play the unselfish pass, even more so once he moved to Barca.

Regardless - the point stands. It's ALWAYS, IMO, the wrong choice to shoot in the situation, even if you score (I know that sounds stupid) but they should always pass. That equals a guaranteed goal. The shot is always the worst option. You can see elite coaches agree with this - watch how City play, how barca did/do, how any manager goes fucking ballistic if people don't pass.

Is correct on both counts- Suarez and the square pass. Selfishness has nothing to with it. It is stupidity and lack of intelligence. My son at 7 many years ago knew that rule. Criminal and costly. As much as I love Mane- he is prone to inexplicable moments of error. His handball against Sunderland springs to mind.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1926 on: December 11, 2017, 03:39:55 pm »
No. He didn't fly like he was poleaxed with a sledge hammer, therefor, not a foul. Plus we scored. Plus no Lovren.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1927 on: December 11, 2017, 03:41:32 pm »

I thought so and made the point at the time to a mate. Salah gets a shove in his back first hence his reaction. Nothing given at the time- rightly so but shows the ref's inconsistency. Wasn't that Klopp's point.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 03:43:04 pm by nico 8 »

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1928 on: December 11, 2017, 03:45:43 pm »
Yes, and he retaliates by flinging his left hand half-way into his back in a forward motion. It's not enough for a penalty in my view, but that doesn't mean it's not naive or clumsy.
Flinging his arm  ;D
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1929 on: December 11, 2017, 03:46:12 pm »
Flinging his arm  ;D

How would you describe his movement with his left hand?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1930 on: December 11, 2017, 03:48:02 pm »
How would you describe his movement with his left hand?
It touches CL’s, that’s about it.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1931 on: December 11, 2017, 03:50:41 pm »
It touches CL’s, that’s about it.

It's this movement which makes Calvert-Lewin think to fall over. He doesn't fall over when backing into Lovren like a true cheat would do; it's as he is moving away having felt a push by Lovren that he thinks to do so.

It's also this movement which makes the referee think Lovren has fouled him and Calvert-Lewin has legitimately gone down.

I'd suggest it's more than a touch for both of those things to happen, rightly or wrongly. You are being obtuse.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1932 on: December 11, 2017, 03:53:28 pm »
There's no point arguing about the penalty. The player jumped into him. He did have his hand up. Some people at the ground were adamant that it was a deffo penno - some people totally disagreed.

It's been given anyway. The player should be banned for 2 games for simulation, but it won't happen.

West Brom at home next. Stuff them and things will look a bit rosier.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #1933 on: December 11, 2017, 03:54:27 pm »
Who are you and what have you done with Andy?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1934 on: December 11, 2017, 03:56:03 pm »
Who are you and what have you done with Andy?

Ha ha. I've calmed down now. Had my rant. That game is gone. Let's get onto the next one and get the three points.

I'm just gutted we never got to sing the Mane Merry Christmas song - that's probably why he was desperate for the goal.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1935 on: December 11, 2017, 03:57:30 pm »
It's this movement which makes Calvert-Lewin think to fall over. He doesn't fall over when backing into Lovren like a true cheat would do; it's as he is moving away having felt a push by Lovren that he thinks to do so.

It's also this movement which makes the referee think Lovren has fouled him and Calvert-Lewin has legitimately gone down.

I'd suggest it's more than a touch for both of those things to happen, rightly or wrongly. You are being obtuse.

Not sure that is right- does he not actually bounce off Lovren. He was never in control  of his movement to go down when he feels the touch in his back. If that is what he intended, there would have been a delay in the fall.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1936 on: December 11, 2017, 03:58:42 pm »
There's no point arguing about the penalty. The player jumped into him. He did have his hand up. Some people at the ground were adamant that it was a deffo penno - some people totally disagreed.

It's been given anyway. The player should be banned for 2 games for simulation, but it won't happen.

West Brom at home next. Stuff them and things will look a bit rosier.

Agreed- need to move on. Not going to change anything.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1937 on: December 11, 2017, 03:59:29 pm »
Not sure that is right- does he not actually bounce off Lovren. He was never in control  of his movement to go down when he feels the touch in his back. If that is what he intended, there would have been a delay in the fall.

He bounces off Lovren yeah, so you're right that he's off-balance, but split-seconds later feels the slight shove in his back and goes down because of it. (Watch his left leg: it's going to plant, but as a result of the contact, which is line with his left leg, it (probably deliberately) unbalances so that he falls to ground.)

Knew exactly what he was doing. Unfortunately the referee didn't.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 04:01:46 pm by LallanaInPyjamas »

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1938 on: December 11, 2017, 04:10:57 pm »
A small side came to Anfield for a draw and they got it. They were somewhat fortuitous, I don't think it was anywhere near a penalty and Calvert-Lewis double twist with pike conned the referee (his was no worse or better than Niasse's a few weeks ago, I wonder if he'll face retrospective action?)

Lovren gave the referee a decision to make by engaging though and that is so fucking frustrating. More street smart and less rash players deal with that situation better. It was a derby game in the snow, a long ball over the top into the goal where the Everton fans had just celebrated a corner like it was a winner, a great sell by Calvert-Lewin and what do you know? The referee gives it. It is football, it happens, but the game should have been over at that point because that was one of the most one-sided games of football I've watched in a long time.

Ah well, we move on. We have games coming thick an fast and a chance for revenge against them in the cup in a few weeks. We've just got a decent Champions League draw and we're on a great run of form on the whole. We'll be fine.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #1939 on: December 11, 2017, 04:17:40 pm »
I think you have to give the Ev some credit ... that new lad Pawson had a fucking cracking game for them.

Online Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1940 on: December 11, 2017, 04:19:54 pm »
If we had been given that penalty to make the score 1-0, I don't think "brave" would have been one of the words Allardyce would have used to describe the referee.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1941 on: December 11, 2017, 04:23:44 pm »
If we're all honest if we would of played our best team we would of won this hands down and we should of rested players against West Brom.

Our best midfield doesn't include Henderson now that's for sure.

We're all disappointed because we dropped 2 points but we love Klopp and believe in him.

However, he needs to stop having faith in players that won't take this club forward.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1942 on: December 11, 2017, 04:25:57 pm »
If we're all honest if we would of have played our best team we would of have won this hands down and we should of have rested players against West Brom.

"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1943 on: December 11, 2017, 04:26:03 pm »
If we're all honest if we would of played our best team we would of won this hands down and we should of rested players against West Brom.

Our best midfield doesn't include Henderson now that's for sure.

We're all disappointed because we dropped 2 points but we love Klopp and believe in him.

However, he needs to stop having faith in players that won't take this club forward.

Well since we're being honest, the team that got put out at the beginning of the game should have been 2-0 up at half time. So not sure what more you wanted.

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #1944 on: December 11, 2017, 04:28:32 pm »
A small side came to Anfield for a draw and they got it. They were somewhat fortuitous, I don't think it was anywhere near a penalty and Calvert-Lewis double twist with pike conned the referee (his was no worse or better than Niasse's a few weeks ago, I wonder if he'll face retrospective action?)

Lovren gave the referee a decision to make by engaging though and that is so fucking frustrating. More street smart and less rash players deal with that situation better. It was a derby game in the snow, a long ball over the top into the goal where the Everton fans had just celebrated a corner like it was a winner, a great sell by Calvert-Lewin and what do you know? The referee gives it. It is football, it happens, but the game should have been over at that point because that was one of the most one-sided games of football I've watched in a long time.

Ah well, we move on. We have games coming thick an fast and a chance for revenge against them in the cup in a few weeks. We've just got a decent Champions League draw and we're on a great run of form on the whole. We'll be fine.

Yes, c'est la vie. Everton have had their cup final now and we move on to the next mid table Prem team on our inexorable rise to greatness.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1945 on: December 11, 2017, 04:30:10 pm »
Well since we're being honest, the team that got put out at the beginning of the game should have been 2-0 up at half time. So not sure what more you wanted.

Yes, Mane is to blame for us not making it 2-0 and he is more to blame than the ref but we need to be playing our best team against Everton and Man Utd.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1946 on: December 11, 2017, 04:31:17 pm »
Yes, Mane is to blame for us not making it 2-0 and he is more to blame than the ref but we need to be playing our best team against Everton and Man Utd.

Is Mane part of our best team?

Online norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #1947 on: December 11, 2017, 04:32:07 pm »
Jurgen's lineup surprised me. Considering how potent the attacking 4 are we need to capitalise on their form. The derby is a massive game irrespective of league position. Lovren needs to cut out the brain fart moments. Touch a striker and you risk conceding a penalty. He is long enough on the go to realise this.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #1948 on: December 11, 2017, 04:32:26 pm »
Created enough chances to win three games so I don't buy that team selection was the problem here. Needed one more clinical finish to kill the game, and one less daft push to prevent an equalizer.
Not sure what people are seeing to call it a dive, but that is a stonewall penalty in my opinion and Lovren makes a big mistake putting his hand in the players back, whether he shoves or doesn't.

Lucky Everton. Move on, beat West Brom.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1949 on: December 11, 2017, 04:33:17 pm »

He’s gotta mean starting Firmino and Coutinho in addition to salah and Mane.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1950 on: December 11, 2017, 04:33:49 pm »
He’s gotta mean starting Firmino and Coutinho in addition to salah and Mane.

Oh I know what he means, since we should have been 2-0 up i'm asking what more he wanted.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1951 on: December 11, 2017, 04:35:46 pm »
I think the idea Klopp took the game lightly is so silly. He thought it was going to be a scrappy game and put out a team to dominate. It was no coincidence 4 English players came in (rightly or wrongly).

Here is what Klopp said earlier in the week (about Henderson being rested against Moscow):

"You need the players on the pitch who 100 per cent understand what a derby is about."

So what happened? We out-fought them and did dominate. They couldn't even counter, couldn't even out 2 passes together. The changes Klopp made had the effect that he wanted them to. These tactics haven't even came out of the blue, we've been playing tighter at Anfield all season (Wednesday feels like one of the only times we've let loose). It's why we've conceded so few here. And it really should have been another cleansheet.

I think there is a disappointment because we know that we're capable of spanking a shite team like Everton (and people assume we would have 'but for#) but Klopp put out a team to kill them off, and that's what it actually did. For sure he will be frustrated that we didn't create more clear chances or finish some of the ones we had, but the game plan was a sound one in my eyes. I think the faith he's shown in the squad will absolutely reap rewards as the season advances.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1952 on: December 11, 2017, 04:36:41 pm »

To be 2-0 at half time.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1953 on: December 11, 2017, 04:37:16 pm »
To be 2-0 at half time.

So i'll ask you then, is Mane part of our strongest starting 11?

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1954 on: December 11, 2017, 04:44:16 pm »

Yeas but you play all the so called Fab Four and Can plus Gini.

Lallana if fit.

It was a poor decision not to play our strongest team against Everton. Rest against West Brom but not Everton.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1955 on: December 11, 2017, 04:45:02 pm »
Yeas but you play all the so called Fab Four and Can plus Gini.

Lallana if fit.

It was a poor decision not to play our strongest team against Everton. Rest against West Brom but not Everton.

Why was it a poor decision? The team was going into the break 2-0 ahead had it not been for Mane' so again, i'm not sure what more you wanted.

Offline Curtisinho

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #1956 on: December 11, 2017, 04:49:42 pm »
I'm 100% with Klopp and the officials absolutely need to be called out. I mean, I don't hold that penalty wholly responsible for our dropping of points (realistically we had enough chances where it shouldn't have mattered, and I knew something like that was coming when we couldn't bury one), but if you look at the bad calls solely at their face value after the game is over we're what...8 points down now because of terrible calls/non-calls? That's ridiculous. I like to think that the officiating evens out over a season and try to look at the difficult job objectively but we've been absolutely hosed so far this season.

Moreso I'm much more behind the concept of what Klopp is saying. You have a team out there attacking and trying to win the game for the full 95 minutes with 80% possession creating scoring chances and so on, and at the first (and only) possible opportunity to give Everton a break they give it? Why does the officiating constantly favour the underdog/defending team? How many times have we had to watch our forwards get absolutely mugged in the box with no recourse? Why are teams that show that 'tough mentality', defend deep and drape themselves all over attackers not punished with soft penalties like these? There needs to be some kind of culture shift because it's extremely frustrating.
Walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone.

Online kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1957 on: December 11, 2017, 04:53:33 pm »
I'm 100% with Klopp and the officials absolutely need to be called out. I mean, I don't hold that penalty wholly responsible for our dropping of points (realistically we had enough chances where it shouldn't have mattered, and I knew something like that was coming when we couldn't bury one), but if you look at the bad calls solely at their face value after the game is over we're what...8 points down now because of terrible calls/non-calls? That's ridiculous. I like to think that the officiating evens out over a season and try to look at the difficult job objectively but we've been absolutely hosed so far this season.

Moreso I'm much more behind the concept of what Klopp is saying. You have a team out there attacking and trying to win the game for the full 95 minutes with 80% possession creating scoring chances and so on, and at the first (and only) possible opportunity to give Everton a break they give it? Why does the officiating constantly favour the underdog/defending team? How many times have we had to watch our forwards get absolutely mugged in the box with no recourse? Why are teams that show that 'tough mentality', defend deep and drape themselves all over attackers not punished with soft penalties like these? There needs to be some kind of culture shift because it's extremely frustrating.
Yeah it was interesting to hear Klopp say that. I'm not sure I agree with him as I believe the ref should just make the decision in isolation for what it is, and not the larger context of the game, or who deserves it more.
Still, it was an interesting insight into how much he values the attacking/entertainment aspect of football and how he maybe feels that teams who play like that don't get the credit, or lucky breaks, that they deserve.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1958 on: December 11, 2017, 04:57:29 pm »
I just don't get the idea 'he's touched him so he's given the ref a decision'. Players always have their hands on eachother. Martina has his arms up on Salah before he gets put on his arse, Gueye has his hands on him before he curls it in. Neither are challenges, just normal contact. What Lovren did was very instinctive and normal and no hint of foul contact if lad doesn't go down.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1959 on: December 11, 2017, 04:58:36 pm »
I just don't get the idea 'he's touched him so he's given the ref a decision'. Players always have their hands on eachother. Martina has his arms up on Salah before he gets put on his arse, Gueye has his hands on him before he curls it in. Neither are challenges, just normal contact.

The rule only applies to Lovren apparently.