Author Topic: Liverpool 1 v Everton 1 (Salah 42’)  (Read 91410 times)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 1 v Everton 1 (Salah 42’)
« Reply #1960 on: December 11, 2017, 05:02:37 pm »
The rule only applies to Lovren apparently.

Poor Lovren. I think he makes a lot of errors (relatively speaking) but even when he doesn't, he still gets pulled up for them. Murphy and Shearer acting like twats yesterday won't have helped matters either. A clean sheet and a couple of goals for him on Wednesday and I'll buy him a pint of wine.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1961 on: December 11, 2017, 05:08:58 pm »
Last season we lost to Palace, Swansea, Leicester, Hull, Burnley and Bournemouth.

This season against the dross 11 games 25 points 0 defeats. If we keep this up hiccups like yesterday won't hinder our Top 4 qualification this year.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1962 on: December 11, 2017, 05:29:28 pm »
The funny thing is in this thread it's the rose tinted super positive ones who are being absolute twats to those who believe that yesterday deserves a bit of fair critique. Usually it would be the negative ones out for a fight.

"I think its a penalty, soft but debatable"
"WTF DO YOU THINK YOU ARE EVEN A RED GO SUPPORT CITY YOU TWAT" does not a positive discussion make.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1963 on: December 11, 2017, 05:30:25 pm »
I like to think that the officiating evens out over a season and try to look at the difficult job objectively but we've been absolutely hosed so far this season.

It is nice to think like that but in football when it comes to decisions and luck then law of averages doesn't come into it. Some teams benefit, some teams get shafted.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1964 on: December 11, 2017, 05:36:54 pm »
It is nice to think like that but in football when it comes to decisions and luck then law of averages doesn't come into it. Some teams benefit, some teams get shafted.
I think it’s interesting that since the Stoke game, where Mignolet was very lucky not to get a red card, we’ve been on the receiving end of two awful penalty decisions. Almost like referees are trying to ‘even things up’ quicker.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #1965 on: December 11, 2017, 05:39:16 pm »
The funny thing is in this thread it's the rose tinted super positive ones who are being absolute twats to those who believe that yesterday deserves a bit of fair critique. Usually it would be the negative ones out for a fight.

"WTF DO YOU THINK YOU ARE EVEN A RED GO SUPPORT CITY YOU TWAT" does not a positive discussion make.
Agree - there's no call for spatting in here and calling someone a twat cos you don't agree with them will get an instant warning or ban of a length to be determined by whichever mod catches it at that time. Previous form helps determine that decision.

Nobody's ever been kicked off from here just for disagreeing with someone - plenty have been for how they do it. Simple really. Cheers for the point, Jake, you're right.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1966 on: December 11, 2017, 05:48:23 pm »
So i'll ask you then, is Mane part of our strongest starting 11?

I think so yeah. He's a terrific player. He's got determination, pace, quick ability on the ball, fantastic close control

Coutinho is an incredible player but I'd have Mane over him as he offers pace - something that we need. Lallana as well - under Klopp - he was awful under Rodgers - is an incredible player. Firmino runs and runs and runs and has such technical ability it's unreal.

We're so lucky to have such a range of players with different abilitues. You see some teams that have 'one type' if you like, of player - athletic, strongs, pacy and able to run - but for us our close control when we're on song is lovely to watch.

I've always tried to defend Henderson and I think he's a great player but sadly I also think that the way we've progressed he more often than not gets in the way of play. He demands the ball and slows it down and turns promising attacks into dead ends. Bit gutted saying that as I really rate him but we just look far more fluid and mobile without him.

Saying that I think he's still got his place and in certain games his abilities really help us out. Against teams that park the bus like Everton yesterday we looked a bit ponderous and a bit disjointed.

But overall - look at the amazing work Klopp has done. A great man-manager with all the ability and nouse in the world.

Oh and Salah isn't too shabby.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 05:58:39 pm by Andy @ Allerton »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline nellpatel

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1967 on: December 11, 2017, 06:03:36 pm »
Jamie Carragher @Carra23
I’ve changed my mind! Just bumped into @CalvertLewin14 even he said he dived!!!!!! https://t.co/xlcTLXViEq

Surely a retrospective ban is in order?!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1968 on: December 11, 2017, 06:04:00 pm »

Nothing like a bit of generalisation hey.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1969 on: December 11, 2017, 06:07:09 pm »
Jamie Carragher @Carra23
I’ve changed my mind! Just bumped into @CalvertLewin14 even he said he dived!!!!!! https://t.co/xlcTLXViEq

Just shows how bad a pundit Carra is then.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1970 on: December 11, 2017, 06:09:35 pm »
Jamie Carragher @Carra23

Carra is such a troll. Can see how it annoys some people but it does make me laugh I have to say.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1971 on: December 11, 2017, 06:10:03 pm »
Just shows how bad a pundit Carra is then.

It was so obvious what he did I'm amazed its taken him this long to realise.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1972 on: December 11, 2017, 06:15:41 pm »
The reason we only scored 1 goal, as opposed to the ten we could have got, is because of the substandard players.

The "system" worked, as in, we dominated the game, we pumped balls into the box, we passed it from left to right and back again, holding onto it until we could fashion a half chance. That's because we've got a fucking excellent football manager at the helm.

BUT

Once again, as has happened countless times, the players let the tactics down. Not through lack of effort, but through lack of skill. Henderson is great, and had a good game at doing the Henderson job. But without a Coutino or a Lallana next to him, he's got to be the one to deliver the assists and his "into the box" passing was diabolical. Outside of it, some nice passes and diagonals.

Milner the same. He produced three assists in a drubbing against a team that, to their credit, came at us and we caught them on the counter again and again. He's not right for the sort of game where we are having to unlock the door and shift a parked bus.

Oxlade played OK, but anything he did, Phil could have done 10 times better. And Jurgen took him off and left the other two centre midfielders on!

Mane had an absolute stinker, but he is a class player and should have been on, Salah pulled out a bit of magic as usual (but subbed off at only 1-0 when we've already let 37 points slip from winning positions?!), but playing Solanke in a game like this, the same as with Milner. He's not going to work it into the box, drop a shoulder and beat a man and unlock that tricky defence? No. He brought a few balls down well, fair play to him. But it's not his game.

At the back, the less said about the two in the middle the better (generally as players, not good enough for the club. Klavan had an OK game, but he doesn't bring it out into the opponents third like Matip (injured I know) or Can do. Lovren, I've already said too much on him but every time I see his name on the team sheet it pissed me off.

Robertson provided a good option on the left and Gomez was great on the right, but Gomez should have been shifted to the middle and Trent played on the right. If Everton weren't going to attack us, we could afford the better deliverer of the ball as full back.

And Simon... he didn't do anything wrong but he's not been good enough since he's been here and needs upgrading.

So for all the possession, all the crosses and long rangers, we had two players on the pitch capable of doing something in that sort of game. Great system, great manager, poor choices.

Yep.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #1973 on: December 11, 2017, 06:16:25 pm »
It doesn't surprise me though

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1974 on: December 11, 2017, 06:18:28 pm »
Nothing like a bit of generalisation hey.
In fairness jill much of the nastier stuff has been deleted already and you may not have seen it.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1975 on: December 11, 2017, 06:19:26 pm »
Loving some of the replies to that tweet too :lmao

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1976 on: December 11, 2017, 06:19:56 pm »
Pundits/press are really pissing me off at the moment with their negativity towards us. Since Tottenham we're unbeaten, have played some absolutely fantastic football, broken down and hammered teams we've struggled with in the past. Two slightly disappointing results - Everton, Sevilla (only because of how many we scored in the first place mind). Chelsea's fluke goal too. However, they talk about us like we're playing shite and that the fans are unhappy with Klopp. Roy Keane's doing it for a reaction, but I reckon the others are just stupid.

Meanwhile, Tottenham's dire spell has gone unnoticed and Arsenal are still shit on the sly.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #1977 on: December 11, 2017, 06:25:35 pm »
It's this movement which makes Calvert-Lewin think to fall over. He doesn't fall over when backing into Lovren like a true cheat would do; it's as he is moving away having felt a push by Lovren that he thinks to do so.

It's also this movement which makes the referee think Lovren has fouled him and Calvert-Lewin has legitimately gone down.

I'd suggest it's more than a touch for both of those things to happen, rightly or wrongly. You are being obtuse.

This only makes CL a dishonest player and Pawson a bad ref. CL shouldn't fall over by his own accord (as per your assumption) and Pawson shouldn't give a penalty if he isn't sure.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1978 on: December 11, 2017, 06:31:14 pm »
50 pages... it’s not the end of the world you know. Another game Wednesday.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #1979 on: December 11, 2017, 06:31:28 pm »
Jamie Carragher @Carra23

Mebbe Carra should stop being a twat when he's on the telly

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1980 on: December 11, 2017, 06:32:26 pm »
Why was it a poor decision? The team was going into the break 2-0 ahead had it not been for Mane' so again, i'm not sure what more you wanted.

3 points and a win. Simple really.

Yes, Mane made a bad decision but we play our best team and we win that match 3-4 rather than drawing and you know this deep down.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1981 on: December 11, 2017, 06:33:09 pm »
Pundits/press are really pissing me off at the moment with their negativity towards us. Since Tottenham we're unbeaten, have played some absolutely fantastic football, broken down and hammered teams we've struggled with in the past. Two slightly disappointing results - Everton, Sevilla (only because of how many we scored in the first place mind). Chelsea's fluke goal too. However, they talk about us like we're playing shite and that the fans are unhappy with Klopp. Roy Keane's doing it for a reaction, but I reckon the others are just stupid.

Meanwhile, Tottenham's dire spell has gone unnoticed and Arsenal are still shit on the sly.
Narratives need to be followed...

Media are a collective of twats

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1982 on: December 11, 2017, 06:34:13 pm »

Yes, Mane made a bad decision but we play our best team and we win that match 3-4 rather than drawing and you know this deep down.

I don't know that deep down, as there's been games where both Coutinho and Firmino have been off, and many a game Gini has been anonymous, but whatever. The team put out yesterday did more than enough to get the win, other than a Mane mistake (who is part of our best team anyway) and a shocking ref's decision.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1983 on: December 11, 2017, 06:36:21 pm »
Jamie Carragher @Carra23

He can't have bumped into him, CL would still be on the ground in the picture if that was the case.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1984 on: December 11, 2017, 06:37:10 pm »

Yeah, 2 points v the Bitters weighed up against losing players to fatigue related injuries during the tough part of the session.

I know what I prefer - last season remains very fresh in my mind

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1985 on: December 11, 2017, 06:37:38 pm »
He can't have bumped into him, CL would still be on the ground in the picture if that was the case.

;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1986 on: December 11, 2017, 06:37:54 pm »
I saw us play spurs at home in the mid 90s....  Sherringham dives I almost exactly the same way to win a cheap pen...  (although he was in the kemlyn road side)...

I was sitting quite close to the incident and it was a clear dive, very similar to this one..  I think that ended 1-1 as well

Edit: seems we lost 2-1. 93 it was
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 06:41:06 pm by Tepid T₂O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1987 on: December 11, 2017, 06:38:22 pm »
Carra is such a troll. Can see how it annoys some people but it does make me laugh I have to say.

The thing that annoys me about him as a pundit is that all too often he goes out of his way not to show any bias towards us, which while fine in isolation is insane when contrasted with his fellow pundit who shows no such restraint when it comes to letting his bias towards united show through.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1988 on: December 11, 2017, 06:43:05 pm »

It really isn't even if we'd played all four of them there is still no guarantee we would have won. Derbies by nature are strange games, form can go out of the window. In the second half of the season we will benefit from what the manager is doing now. Also Coutinho had not trained the day before the idea of putting him straight into the team against the cloggers of FC Sexy, would not have been a smart decision.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1989 on: December 11, 2017, 06:44:30 pm »
In fairness jill much of the nastier stuff has been deleted already and you may not have seen it.

Fair enough. I'm glad I missed it.  ;D

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1990 on: December 11, 2017, 06:45:50 pm »
It really isn't even if we'd played all four of them there is still no guarantee we would have won. Derbies by nature are strange games, form can go out of the window. In the second half of the season we will benefit from what the manager is doing now. Also Coutinho had not trained the day before the idea of putting him straight into the team against the cloggers of FC Sexy, would not have been a smart decision.

Didn't the reports say he hadn't trained since the CL game?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1991 on: December 11, 2017, 06:51:23 pm »
Didn't the reports say he hadn't trained since the CL game?

I know he was missing from Friday's training pictures, not sure about Thursday.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1992 on: December 11, 2017, 06:53:01 pm »

It really is though. Everton are so poor.

Can't believe people can make a case for Everton. Everton were embarrassing really.

The gulf in class between us and Everton is massive but it's a Derby and we shouldn't be messing about with the team selection for this one.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 07:05:29 pm by Fordy »

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #1993 on: December 11, 2017, 06:54:18 pm »
Sorry, I can't find the bit where you justify why Lovren's hand is on the guys back..?

He doesn't have to because it's not against the rules to touch someone with your hand on a football pitch. If there is then please show me.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1994 on: December 11, 2017, 06:56:26 pm »
Sorry, I can't find the bit where you justify why Lovren's hand is on the guys back..?

CL jumped into him, he didn't have time to move his hand, are you suggesting all defenders should have to run around with their arms strapped to their sides?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1995 on: December 11, 2017, 06:57:52 pm »
It really is though. Everton are so poor.

So? Did Man City beat Everton? No they didn't, so the above doesn't mean anything.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #1996 on: December 11, 2017, 07:00:57 pm »
CL jumped into him, he didn't have time to move his hand, are you suggesting all defenders should have to run around with their arms strapped to their sides?
Run Dejan, Run..

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1997 on: December 11, 2017, 07:04:01 pm »
Yeah, I just can't comprehend all these criticisms towards Klopp and selection.

So Mane failing to pass a ball, or Salah not connecting on a header is on Klopp because he picked "substandard players?" We absolutely dominated and arguably our two best players blew golden chances to put the game to bed. Like normal, people are just looking to lay blame where there is none. Hint...the ref! Plus, people are far too much in Football Manager Land. We have a torrid schedule coming up and rotating is absolutely necessary. There was more than enough quality on the field - and quality chances for our best players!

Besides, that penalty decision is more sickening the more I look at it. Paulson got totally done there. Everton have absolutely no chances the entire night, and almost first time in the box, player goes down ridiculously easy and he gives a penalty? Dubious! Case study for VAR right there. If you have ever played defense and are tight to a player, that is text book diving. The defender is doing nothing wrong, the attacking player does not even attempt to play the ball - in fact moves away to initiate contact, and the ref got conned.

Frustrating night but like Klopp said, we benefited in the Stoke game and did not here. In any case, I look forward to destroying them in our next 2 outings.   

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #1998 on: December 11, 2017, 07:06:16 pm »
The thing with the ref and the penalty was that you had the feeling some time before it that he would give it if the chance arose. Their players had started going to ground very easily all over the pitch and the ref gave them every decision. He rewarded every dive and embellishment leading up to the pen.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #1999 on: December 11, 2017, 07:18:57 pm »
Jamie Carragher @Carra23

Surely you mean that @CalvertLewin14 bumped into you Jamie? Sudden unanticipated change of direction, in the general direction of nowhere, probably caught you out.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.