Author Topic: SAVELFC VIRAL ADS - we need your ideas (no matter how crap you think they are)  (Read 19565 times)

Offline JH-LFC

• Main Stander
  • YNWA, JFT96
It would be good to put stickers over the RBS logos on their cashpoints. People stand at cashpoints all the time so it would be impossible to miss them.
SIGN AND SHARE - Bettison's knighthood: https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
It would be good to put stickers over the RBS logos on their cashpoints. People stand at cashpoints all the time so it would be impossible to miss them.

Fucking excellent idea and would be very easy and simple to do.....

all over the UK..... would begin to fuck RBS off too....

Maybe create some large Save LFC stickers and stick them on RBS bank signs and RBS billboards...
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

royhendo

This is the sticker to stick next to the ATMs. 6 foot tall.

royhendo

http://propaganda.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/100717-Liverpool-v-Al-Hilal-Al-Saudi/G0000mYKtrGPSYXg/I0000A2j7KJkqzNg

Gotta be a 'don't piss on our backs and tell us it's raining' thing in there somewhere.

Offline Lady OOT

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
^^^ Another Wally with a brolly?

Offline robbie rotten

• Main Stander
  • Can hear the sweet silver song of the Lark
Anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mJU58A9SNc

It was the 'click 2006 make poverty history' ad campaign. Maybe something similar, but with fans instead of celebrities? The tagline could be "every three seconds Liverpool loses x amount through debt", or something much better along those lines?

Would be cheap and easy to make, could get a dozen or so Liverpool fans of all ages decked out in their scarfs/hats.

You have no idea how long I spent on Saturday looking for that clip, I had it in my head it was from Amnesty Internationals Secret Policemans Ball in 2006

royhendo

Offline Lady OOT

• Main Stander
http://propaganda.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/100717-Liverpool-v-Al-Hilal-Al-Saudi/G0000mYKtrGPSYXg/I0000A2j7KJkqzNg

Gotta be a 'don't piss on our backs and tell us it's raining' thing in there somewhere.

Any mileage in a George the Gnome connection?  Change the brolly to a toadstool, possible captions:   'The search goes on for the pot of gold', 'The other gnomes knew the leprachauns had the market cornered, but George was determined to find the end of the rainbow'.

Arf, apologies ... well you did say (no matter how crap you think they are) ... back to work....

Offline RedSeattleite

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
bump
1492. We were taught to memorize this year with pride and joy as the year people began living full and imaginative lives on the continent of North America. Actually, people had been living full and imaginative lives on the continent  for hundreds of years before that. It was simply the year sea pirates began to rob, cheat , and kill them.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
Alright, one thought. I was wondering if there was some imigary we could use to tie in with Coleridge's Rime of the Ancient Mariner? The lad who stupidy shot an albatross and cursed the whole boat?

Could be a shit idea, sorry if it is :(
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Jonny J

• RAWK Kit Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • it's cyclical
other options

most famous adds ever the stella artois stuff - most precious thing ever - got to be an angle there for LFC -

Could do Moores and Parry - Should have gone to spec savers advert............

There's a true Sky idealised middle class fan family - go to games wind ran and snow, home and away in their ford people carrier- replica, kits and scarfs, programs and burgers, all happy and smiling - turn up to the game at Anfield - finally cuts to the pitch  - its baseball(or a bank with somebody couting money)  - tag line our club is in the wrong hands

Knew you'd miss me while I was gone -

You're right - we did .
These are boss.

Offline redmen77

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepared to die for the King!
I haven't read through all of this thread but what about copying Adidas outside the Williamson Square shop and get a load of the alternative kits swapped for what the people in the street are wearing? Would end up with the massive photo opportunity.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
I haven't read through all of this thread but what about copying Adidas outside the Williamson Square shop and get a load of the alternative kits swapped for what the people in the street are wearing? Would end up with the massive photo opportunity.

good idea mate
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

royhendo

Beermats - we've not looked at beermats for a while...

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Beermats - we've not looked at beermats for a while...

http://www.beermatcompany.co.uk/

£100 + vat for 1000.   Get one of the excellent kitster designs printed on them with some facts about the debt and get people to distribute them around the pubs of Liverpool.

Only needs 100 or so people to chip in a quid each, I'm sure thats manageable.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

royhendo

Nice! That's a good effort mate - we should do that.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Well I'll chip in with a tenner. Do we have a paypal account up and running because of the other initiatives?

royhendo

could some clever edit person do something with these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5JV0Fs_GE8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2OiRb9701o&feature=channel

Maybe something along the lines of chrisla doing the interviewing.

That is quality actually mate.

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
Just listening to muse (o yes what a band) and i was listening to Uprising brilliant song but my god the words, the words are the reason i liek this song so much! it fits into our situation brilliantly well shitly as it is actually happen but here is the video anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_AmODZdwwM

Am pretty sure one of you crazy arse computor nerds ;) can sort this and put somepictures of the two of whom the names must never be spoken!

Here is the lyrics anyway honestly cant believe how well it fits in with our own fight!ive highlighted the main one i think stand out basically the whole song  ;D

The paranoia is in bloom, the PR
The transmissions will resume
They'll try to push drugs
Keep us all dumbed down and hope that
We will never see the truth around

(So come on!)

Another promise, another scene, another
A package not to keep us trapped in greed
With all the green belts wrapped around our minds
And endless red tape to keep the truth confined

(So come on!)

They will not force us
They will stop degrading us
They will not control us
We will be victorious

Interchanging mind control
Come let the revolution take its toll if you could
Flick the switch and open your third eye, you'd see that
We should never be afraid to die

(So come on!)

Rise up and take the power back, it's time that
The fat cats had a heart attack, you know that
Their time is coming to an end
We have to unify and watch our flag ascend

They will not force us
They will not control us
We will be victorious

Hey .. hey ... hey .. hey!

They will not force us
They will not control us
We will be victorious

Hey .. hey ... hey .. hey!

Offline Captain Wolf Biscuit

• There's a really funny story behind this actually. I'm captain of my local team and at one xmas party I wolfed down a soggy biscuit and behold! My username was born!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long Live The King
Had an idea for a short animation. Hard work to get it made, I know.

-Starts off with a young boy wearing Liverpool top (not this season's!!) walking down a road whistling YNWA/FOAR/something else!
-Boy enters a dark tunnel, starts looking nervous.
-2 large shadows loom.
-Boy looks terrified.
-Tilt from shadows to reveal Tom & George
-H&G looking evil
-H&G start trying to rip the LFC badge from the boy's top
-Boy screams
-YNWA starts to echo through the tunnel
-H&G look scared
-Huge crowd of Liverpool fans appear in one end of the tunnel
-H&G drop the boy and run
-Boy runs into the embrace of the Liverpool fans who turn and leave the dark tunnel
-Tagline: George Gillett and Tom Hicks are tearing the heart from Liverpool FC. Together we can stop them.

Or something like that!
"Liverpool is my home and I will be back" - Rafa Benitez

An Internet Terrorist and proud of it.

Offline flashman

• Lacking Cum Stilettos
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Had an idea for a short animation. Hard work to get it made, I know.

-Starts off with a young boy wearing Liverpool top (not this season's!!) walking down a road whistling YNWA/FOAR/something else!
-Boy enters a dark tunnel, starts looking nervous.
-2 large shadows loom.
-Boy looks terrified.
-Tilt from shadows to reveal Tom & George
-H&G looking evil
-H&G start trying to rip the LFC badge from the boy's top
-Boy screams
-YNWA starts to echo through the tunnel
-H&G look scared
-Huge crowd of Liverpool fans appear in one end of the tunnel
-H&G drop the boy and run
-Boy runs into the embrace of the Liverpool fans who turn and leave the dark tunnel
-Tagline: George Gillett and Tom Hicks are tearing the heart from Liverpool FC. Together we can stop them.

Or something like that!
Like the idea, could we have a clockwork orange ending for H&G though?

Offline Captain Wolf Biscuit

• There's a really funny story behind this actually. I'm captain of my local team and at one xmas party I wolfed down a soggy biscuit and behold! My username was born!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long Live The King
Like the idea, could we have a clockwork orange ending for H&G though?

Still talking about the cartoon? ;)
"Liverpool is my home and I will be back" - Rafa Benitez

An Internet Terrorist and proud of it.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
Has anyone collated all the Hicks, Gillette, Purslow and Broughton interviews that they can find. If somone was looking to do a cut and paste hatchett job on them, it would make sense if we made the raw materials readily accessible.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
http://www.beermatcompany.co.uk/

£100 + vat for 1000.   Get one of the excellent kitster designs printed on them with some facts about the debt and get people to distribute them around the pubs of Liverpool.

Only needs 100 or so people to chip in a quid each, I'm sure thats manageable.

Just a heads up.

Union took delivery of 10000 beermats that have just started to be circulated around the Liverpool pubs.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
Just a heads up.

Union took delivery of 10000 beermats that have just started to be circulated around the Liverpool pubs.
nice! is it just going to be pubs in the borough of liverpool or are  you going to aim them in pubs in other boroughs i.e. knowsley?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
nice! is it just going to be pubs in the borough of liverpool or are  you going to aim them in pubs in other boroughs i.e. knowsley?

They'll be circulated from the area around the ground outwards as far as they can be made to stretch.

Balance between getting them visible within a pub and not spreading too thinly.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

royhendo

Good effort - no need for us to duplicate that.

Southern Pansy - SteveZissou's docco has the lot. 

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Quick question. (Apologies if it's pointed out somewhere and I've missed it, just got back)

Do we have a paypal account? warchest to donate to for the campaign, kinda in general? If so, gief details!

Thanks.

@Yvanicuzz

royhendo

It's on the website dude: www.savelfc.org

Thanks by the way :)

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Excellent, thanks mate.

Aaaand open new tab.

@Yvanicuzz

Offline allpool

• Main Stander
Ok here goes.

What about a shot of a decaying tooth that then turns into an image of a decaying anfield with a bloodied liverbird lying on the floor.
the caption could read if this was your teeth you would do something to stop the rot we are LFC and we will stop the disease from spreading any further Yanks out now!!

hoonin

Just a heads up.

Fantastic.

Roy - have the Cashpoint image and the "Wanted" poster made it to mass production? Brilliant pieces of work those. Could do with your site URL on them though. The images are intriguing, but dont make it clear enough where they are leading people.

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just a heads up.

Excellent.

Any chance you could post a picture for those who won't see them in the flesh Graham ?
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
Probably already been said

But a picture of GG, TH and RP all putting a shovel in the ground....standing over Anfield and throwing dirt over the stadium. Tombstone behind the Kop 1892 - 2007. And a massive wall surrounding them that has our fans climbing over to try and stop them.

Offline TheVoiceOfRiise

• Legacy Fan
  • www.solavirtus.co.uk
    • Sola Virtus
Had an idea in my mind since this thread started but not sure i can write what i see in my head. I have a little spare time tho so I thought I'd try. feel free to howl with laughter and derision.

the idea is based on the lifespan of a liverbird.

we see it born and take flight over a gloomy liverpool skyline, the scene is dull and gloomy, kids with bored, glum faces are kicking a knackered football around a damp street, miserable storekeepers are taking down the shutters, that kind of thing.
As the Beautiful bird flies overhead a bright red feather falls from it's body onto the street below igniting colour and excitement, the roar of the Kop can be heard, the children are happy, the ball is new, the sun is out, the shopkeeper does a few kick ups before it goes back to them.
similar scenes are then realised across the city, the bird flies avor anfield and away, across the world, the international joy that is Liverpool Football club, lives touched and brightened by the flight of the liverbird, the bright red feathers dropping to the ground occasionally, igniting the joy in all the scenes...then... suddenly, the liverbird is trapped by some hunters (american).
the bird is locked in a cage, we cannot see it, we see the backs of the two americans and we see them packing feathers into cartons, shipping them who knows where, laughing and counting their money, but when the feathers arrive to their desinations the magic is gone, they do not brighten the day, there are little blood splatters in the boxes where the feathers have been ripped out, then we go back to the americans who are not packaging the feathers, they are lifting the black sheet off the cage, the bird inside is bald and exhausted, the americans turn to one another, shrug their shoulders and toss the bird in the bin...
the streets are gloomy, children kick a tattered football around a damp street, a shopkeeper takes the shutters off his store front, you see the grafitti on the shutters just before they come down...HICKS & GILLETTE OUT!

I hope that makes some sense, probably not.
Please have a listen  to my band - www.solavirtus.co.uk

Offline fatherjack

• Anny Roader
  • Keep the faith and Walk On.
Okay, roy, as long as you want brainfarts. Not funny, does relate to the cause, but not depressing:

Liverbird pulls out of its moorings above the city, flies to Anfield, perches on the roof. Gradually joined by hundreds, thousands of other smaller Liverbirds freed from scarves/shirts whatever. Los Patricios as the sound-track. Tag-line at end = one I've seen someone using on RAWK: Liverpool FC - did you think we would leave you dying?

The images this idea conjurs up are startling and very moving imo. I know Roy wants something funny but this idea is the best one i've seen on here yet.

Perhaps add in images of Hicks and Gillet strung up outside the ground surrounded by a group of angry/menacing liverbirds.

Oh and add Brownie-09's muse song "Uprising" in now that would be effective.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 03:36:55 pm by fatherjack »
SOS member 3252

LiverpoolFC............Did you think we would leave you dying?

Offline BigTiredGrowlSnarl

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Sniffing the grass since 1989!
This speech gets me every time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GgSdiX0kDI

could do this wiv every1 wearing the standards corrupted shirts out side anfield, wiv John Bishop or Neal Fitzmaurice giving aragorns speach, instead of saying "Men of the west", they could shout "Men of the Kop"!!!

and when they attack they could all shout "FOR SHANKS"

The use of horses isnt really needed!!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 06:54:31 pm by BigTiredGrowlSnarl »
Its the Liverpool way and its the only way!

Offline BigTiredGrowlSnarl

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Sniffing the grass since 1989!
Adaptation of Aragorns speech for us,

"I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.

A day may come when the courage of Kopites fails, when we forsake our team and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.

An hour of wolfes and shattered shields, when the age of the Redmen comes crushing down! But it is not this day!

THIS DAY WE FIGHT!

By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the KOP!"

Its the Liverpool way and its the only way!

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
A flash game. Top Trumps. Liverpool Players, nice pictures, play against the PC. Categories:

Appearances
Goals
International Caps
Weekly Wage

But we add in a card for the debt. Simple, but with a twist. Could be hosted at savelfc website to try and generate traffic. Make sure there is an e-mail to friends link on the page. 

I am snowed under and realistically would not finish coding this for weeks, so if anyone fancies it. Feel free.

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Based on the movie UP

Title it DOWN, and have the owners shooting the balloons, each of them with a $ (or £) sign on it. The balloons are carrying Anfield instead of a house, and out of the top of the stadium it has a few of our key players and Roy in it.

Wish I had the talent to do this, but wouldn't to be able to execute nearly as clear as what I have pictured

something along the lines of this but Anfield and the balloons would have to be larger, and I'm not sure if the perspective would look ok if you put the owners near the bottom making it look as if they're on the ground.

The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell