Author Topic: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 113729 times)

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
Re: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #960 on: May 5, 2012, 09:17:28 pm »
Does anyone think Pepe could have done more about with both goals ?
I know whats done is done and I love the man, but his form has been very concerning this Year.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline BurstingTheNet

• Anny Roader
    • Every Kick of It
« Reply #961 on: May 5, 2012, 09:17:49 pm »
My allegiances to anything and anyone are based on my values, not geographical coincidence. I have my own ideology, which doesn't tally with that of the state, nor with most of my countrymen, nor with the institutions that surround football in this country. In fact, most of English football is designed precisely to contradict my values and my ideology, designed to distract, designed to feed corporate greed, designed to nurture an apolitical, nihilistic, materialistic, nationalistic, delusional, self-indulgent barbarianism. I want nothing to do with it and I'm certainly not going to sing its praises.

There are other types of patriotism than the nationalistic, partisan, delusional, self-indulgent jingoism. The patriotism I feel is more an allegiance to my friends and family, which, given many of us support different clubs and are as a result prone to rivalry, can be expressed through supporting our national team, however flawed the system is.
Quote from: Daniel Agger
It is a gesture for The Kop, The Club, and the city. The club and the people mean a lot to me, but what the words means in themselves is that you have stop to think once in a while that no matter how dark things look, we are never alone.

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #962 on: May 5, 2012, 09:17:55 pm »
This shit possess me off, grow up Liverpool is in England FACT, get over it.

Like many Scousers, my family came over from Ireland and my ancestry stems from Scotland - my accent isn't a natural English accent and since world war 2 this city as been shit on by successive English governments - so what is your point?
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #963 on: May 5, 2012, 09:18:20 pm »
anyone else think andy could be in the england squad if he puts a performance in the next 2 games ?

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #964 on: May 5, 2012, 09:18:45 pm »
Kuyt should have probably come on at the same time Carroll did, surprised really as he's proved he's a big game player time and time again. What's more he has experience the other younger members don't, looked a threat on the right when he came on. Sadly it might signal he's off, a shame.

Lots of hindsight in the thread though, people say we should start Carroll but chances are he wouldn't have played at the level he did when we were 2-0 down, impossible to know really.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2012, 09:20:53 pm by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline RedDan87

• Anny Roader
  • http://twitter.com/dant7733
« Reply #965 on: May 5, 2012, 09:19:03 pm »
I know whats done is done and I love the man, but his form has been very concerning this Year.

the first, definitely. and pepe's aware he hasn't been great this season. at least he aknowledges it and can work on things over the summer. he's still a world class keeper.

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #966 on: May 5, 2012, 09:19:05 pm »
Has anyone been banned yet?

Fingers crossed  :wave
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline lfcshaunod

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #967 on: May 5, 2012, 09:20:03 pm »
anyone else think andy could be in the england squad if he puts a performance in the next 2 games ?

I think he will be
I'M NOT NED STARK'S BASTARD!!!

Offline RedDan87

• Anny Roader
  • http://twitter.com/dant7733
« Reply #968 on: May 5, 2012, 09:20:21 pm »

fucking hope not.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #969 on: May 5, 2012, 09:20:54 pm »
This was the biggest game in the careers of Enrique, Spearing, Henderson and Downing and it showed.

Chelsea are a better team than us. We've won 2/3 against them this season and 4 out of the last 5. They were seriously due a win.

Will spend all Summer thinking of that Carroll header now eh.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #970 on: May 5, 2012, 09:20:57 pm »
No mate, that was piss poor.  Piss bloody poor.

Oh fuck off, we just lost the cup final and you're fucking whinging about people not singing the English anthem, fuck me.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #971 on: May 5, 2012, 09:21:05 pm »
Was the Queen even there today? Well fuck her and her stupid fucking song.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #972 on: May 5, 2012, 09:21:21 pm »
Paraphrasing but Kenny, post game said, that Chelsea players are experienced but we had youngsters. Well if that was the problem maybe Maxi would have helped a bit in that department. But who cares. Next season cannot come soon enough.

Can't use youngesters as an excuse - that's poor.

However what today does show is that this moneyball thing won't work as we will mostly always be too young as a team.

We should of used experience if that was a concern to kenny - for me we should got it all wrong to start with.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #973 on: May 5, 2012, 09:21:45 pm »

He may well mkae it mate, yeh.
But knowing Roy, he'll go for Zamora, Cole and bring Shearer out of retirement.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #974 on: May 5, 2012, 09:22:31 pm »

He could definitely have done better with the first, that much is clear going by his reaction. Harsh to put blame on him for the second to be fair. He's had a strangely poor season by his standards but I’m sure he'll come good next season, after all, goalies generally peak later on.
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #975 on: May 5, 2012, 09:22:34 pm »

I am personally worried about Aquilani. Can he do the job for us next year? That said I am concerned abut Suarez as well, he should have scored more goals for the player that he is. Oh fuck, Cole is doing well so we should be okay. Stevie is old though. Kuyt will be gone. Downing is a case for a pychologist. Carroll is too inconsistent. Agger's injury prone. Coates is too young. Enrique's too slow.

I guess we need a new team next season and the goalie is really not that important, maybe we should stick with him another season.  :D
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline Carolina Red

• Kopite
« Reply #976 on: May 5, 2012, 09:22:58 pm »
It is not clear yet what the owners think, is it?

But more importantly, there's really no difference for you is there? You could be supporting Chelsea, or one of the Manchesters or the other London clubs. Wouldn't be any different would it, other that the colour of the jerseys and some of the songs. The only thing that would change is that you would happen to have been introduced them first as a fan instead of us. There's no other connection. Sorry mate, I can't get my head around it, or around supporting another team of whatever sport on a Liverpool Football Club website. Just makes no sense to me. Simply putting it down to results weren't as good as you'd hoped in one season at the expense of one of the club's and city's greatest servants is peculiar. It suggests to me that you actually have no idea what being part of Liverpool Football Club should mean. I mean, afterall, it's just the same as the Bulls for you eh?

Although, what would happen if Michael Jordan came back to coach the Bulls and in his first year in charge made a couple of bad trades and the team failed to make the playoffs. Just fuck him straight off eh?

Liverpool has a glorious and glittering history. I sometimes think the club has become a prisoner to that history.

Liverpool's past glories were not built on sentimentality, it was a ruthless winning machine.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #977 on: May 5, 2012, 09:23:03 pm »

Got his own thread about his current form, I think he could have done better with the 1st deffo, and even the second (haven't seen it again) didn't seem to get a  decent reach on it.

Typical that Cech makes a wonder save at the other end to deny us.....same old story this season.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline fingermouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #978 on: May 5, 2012, 09:23:33 pm »
Heads up fellow rawkers, let's pull together. It's painful to lose, but we'll be back at Wembley soon enough. Im sure the defeat will spur us on to bigger and better things. Some of the lads out there today unfortunately won't be on that journey, but that's football.  If we can add some real quality in midfield and out wide we can make some real progress in the league next season.

Even though we aint goin home with the cup, we are still Liverpool Football Club. We are, and always will be, the greatest.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #979 on: May 5, 2012, 09:23:38 pm »
What did they do before this 'goalline techno' debate, eh?

I'll tell you...

They got on with the fuckin game!

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #980 on: May 5, 2012, 09:23:47 pm »
I am personally worried about Aquilani. Can he do the job for us next year? That said I am concerned abut Suarez as well, he should have scored more goals for the player that he is. Oh fuck, Cole is doing well so we should be okay. Stevie is old though. Kuyt will be gone. Downing is a case for a pychologist. Carroll is too inconsistent. Agger's injury prone. Coates is too young. Enrique's too slow.

I guess we need a new team next season and the goalie is really not that important, maybe we should stick with him another season.  :D

Right, Im not sure what yer going on about, I was just asking could he have done better ?

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #981 on: May 5, 2012, 09:24:20 pm »
For my money, Spearing is another Lucas. We wanted Lucas gone a few years back and now we all love him. Give the lad another year.
Jay Spearing is not good enough for Liverpool Football Club. End of.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: May 5, 2012, 09:24:29 pm »
Was the Queen even there today? Well fuck her and her stupid fucking song.
Fuck her and the stupendous, xenophobic, notion, of British heart. Fuck it.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #983 on: May 5, 2012, 09:24:35 pm »
Got his own thread about his current form, I think he could have done better with the 1st deffo, and even the second (haven't seen it again) didn't seem to get a  decent reach on it.

Typical that Cech makes a wonder save at the other end to deny us.....same old story this season.

The 2nd he didnt even reach his arm out for the ball. Weird.
More important things to worry about I suppose.

Offline Robbies Girl

• Main Stander
  • The club
« Reply #984 on: May 5, 2012, 09:24:49 pm »
[/quote
I agree- cant explain the significant dip in form hope he can sort it out

Offline Simon C

• witty wording
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tries to post intelligently and normally fails..
« Reply #985 on: May 5, 2012, 09:24:56 pm »
not many comments on Pepe?
I thought was at fault for the first goal and didn't have much chance with the second to be air to him.
Our problem in the first half was our lack of shape, Gerard clearly didn't trust Spearing to do his job and as a result he ended up sat to deep and ineffective, plus he wandered to much for me. Suarez had no service, looked isolated and as a result got very frustrated.
The Carroll change should hav been made at half time can't give Chelsea a 2 goal head start and expect to win a game although we nearly did, the whole of the ball didn't cross the line. Thought he showed enough today to give great encouragement for the future.
I'm sorry to say Kenny got it wrong today tactically and formation wise today and waited to long to change it. I don't think he will be manager next season, he'll be moved upstairs.
Has this season been a success I guess only FSG can decide that.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #986 on: May 5, 2012, 09:25:08 pm »

Yet he started the FA Cup Final.
Go figure.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #987 on: May 5, 2012, 09:25:45 pm »
It is not clear yet what the owners think, is it?

But more importantly, there's really no difference for you is there? You could be supporting Chelsea, or one of the Manchesters or the other London clubs. Wouldn't be any different would it, other that the colour of the jerseys and some of the songs. The only thing that would change is that you would happen to have been introduced them first as a fan instead of us. There's no other connection. Sorry mate, I can't get my head around it, or around supporting another team of whatever sport on a Liverpool Football Club website. Just makes no sense to me. Simply putting it down to results weren't as good as you'd hoped in one season at the expense of one of the club's and city's greatest servants is peculiar. It suggests to me that you actually have no idea what being part of Liverpool Football Club should mean. I mean, afterall, it's just the same as the Bulls for you eh?

Although, what would happen if Michael Jordan came back to coach the Bulls and in his first year in charge made a couple of bad trades and the team failed to make the playoffs. Just fuck him straight off eh?
Jordan would be straight out the door.That's all in the past those championship's,what have you done for me lately,that's what these stupid twat's think.Continuity is anathema to them,move on to the next manager and if he doesn't work fuck him off too.Ask them to ask man u how that worked for them after Busby left.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #988 on: May 5, 2012, 09:25:49 pm »
Go figure.

He shouldn't have

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #989 on: May 5, 2012, 09:26:11 pm »
Go figure.

Shouldn't have though.

Offline snoop123

• Kopite
« Reply #990 on: May 5, 2012, 09:26:42 pm »
Big shame about the result. Had the goal been given, I'd have fancied us to win it against tiring chelsea.
Awful that we just didnt turn up for the first hour, but its obvious that some of those players are just not good enough to cut it for liverpool.
Liverpool are magic!! Everton are tragic

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #991 on: May 5, 2012, 09:26:47 pm »
What did they do before this 'goalline techno' debate, eh?

I'll tell you...

They got on with the fuckin game!

a) there was no real option because they didn't have the technology available
b) they still have not stopped talking about whether the ball was over the line in '66
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #992 on: May 5, 2012, 09:26:55 pm »
Personally, I support the England team for precisely that reason. Nice to have shared experiences with your fellow countryman which you can cherish together and feel pride in what you collectively stand for. It's the same with Liverpool, mind, but that doesn't mean that something like the World Cup or European Championships shouldn't be an opportunity to support my country. What I don't really understand is people on here willing England to lose. I know that maybe players like Gerrard swanning off to Ukraine and South Africa probably isn't ideal for his fitness, but why not enjoy it? You don't have to support just one team...(and I know the FA is run by a lot of technocratic, greedy cuntbags, too, but so were we for a few years and that didn't stop me supporting Liverpool Football Club)

You should try and learn a bit about the club you support as well as the city and its people mate.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #993 on: May 5, 2012, 09:26:55 pm »
Yeah and Enrique is fine to attack a quicker Ramires, get skinned, instead of showing him down the lines, or reina getting beat by a soft shot at the near post.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #994 on: May 5, 2012, 09:27:18 pm »
He shouldn't have

Respect yer opinion, maybe yer right, I dunno but to suggest he isnt good enough for us is clearly wrong as he plays for us quite regularly now. So clearly he IS good enough.
Plenty of scope for improvement, lets not give up on the lad just yet.

Offline Red Emperor

• Kopite
  • Always tries to see the upside
« Reply #995 on: May 5, 2012, 09:27:31 pm »
Go figure.

He isnt good enough    go figure

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #996 on: May 5, 2012, 09:27:51 pm »
Right, Im not sure what yer going on about, I was just asking could he have done better ?

The whole team could have done better. Both the goals today were quality finishes. The first one was a show where he showed up to shoot to the far post and went inside. He could even have gone for the top netting like Carroll did. Reina could have done better but he did not make an error in my opinion. The second goal was just a good finish. It would have gone in with most keepers unless you had a lot of luck.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #997 on: May 5, 2012, 09:28:43 pm »
Respect yer opinion, maybe yer right, I dunno but to suggest he isnt good enough for us is clearly wrong as he plays for us quite regularly now. So clearly he IS good enough.
Plenty of scope for improvement, lets not give up on the lad just yet.

He plays for us regularly at the minute isn't neccessarily a positive for us? IMO he's not a DM, he's not very good at it, so what is his place within our squad?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #998 on: May 5, 2012, 09:40:22 pm »
Unlocked. Topics not for discussion:

Newcastles transfers
The national anthem
Any other shite that has nothing to do with the actual game.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline payback

• is full of shit, shit and more shit, oh and chillies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #999 on: May 5, 2012, 09:43:20 pm »
 :wellin