Author Topic: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 113758 times)

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #1000 on: May 5, 2012, 09:44:13 pm »
Does anyone think Pepe could have done more about with both goals ?
I know whats done is done and I love the man, but his form has been very concerning this Year.
First goal he should never have been beaten at his front post. I thought the ball had hit the side netting, or at least expected it to, so I was shocked to realize it was in the back of the goal instead, that's how much of an error it was for him. Almost school boy in fact. He'll be gutted he never kept that out.

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1001 on: May 5, 2012, 09:45:30 pm »
Just got home from the game and I'm gutted and exhausted.

Firstly let me just say that our supporters were immense loud and proud and put those rent boys to shame. Even when walking back to the tube at the end of the cup ceremony, the reds were still singing and made a mockery of the rent boys who even as winners were silent...they are a joke, pathetic, plastic and puerile!

It was a strange game to watch. Chelsea weren't that good in the first half we were just that shite. Our left side was totally ineffective and Enrique was exposed today. Our midfield was non existent and it meant Gerrard had to come back and leave Suarez isolated. We were very poor. The game changed with Carroll. He was immense! All I can say on Carroll is that strikers need games.

As gutted as I am I'm proud of our supporters and the way the lads played in the last 35 minutes. There were two spurs supporters sitting in front of us who said at the very least we deserved extra time. It was disappointing...hideously disappointing!

I think I'm right in saying that one noticeable absence in the chants was one for Dalglish...I'm not sure if there's anything in that. Time will tell.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1002 on: May 5, 2012, 09:45:58 pm »
Has there ever been a worst central midfield partnership starting a major final in the history of Liverpool Football Club than Jordan Henderson and Jay Spearing?
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1003 on: May 5, 2012, 09:47:14 pm »
This was the biggest game in the careers of Enrique, Spearing, Henderson and Downing and it showed.

Chelsea are a better team than us. We've won 2/3 against them this season and 4 out of the last 5. They were seriously due a win.

Will spend all Summer thinking of that Carroll header now eh.

I'll spend the rest of this evening thinking of it then move on
Losing finals is what turns boys into men and losers into winners

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1004 on: May 5, 2012, 09:47:50 pm »
Home. Tired.

The last 30 mins should have been how we played all through the match.

Back next year  :)
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1005 on: May 5, 2012, 09:48:08 pm »
Just got home from the game and I'm gutted and exhausted.

Firstly let me just say that our supporters were immense loud and proud and put those rent boys to shame. Even when walking back to the tube at the end of the cup ceremony, the reds were still singing and made a mockery of the rent boys who even as winners were silent...they are a joke, pathetic, plastic and puerile!

It was a strange game to watch. Chelsea weren't that good in the first half we were just that shite. Our left side was totally ineffective and Enrique was exposed today. Our midfield was non existent and it meant Gerrard had to come back and leave Suarez isolated. We were very poor. The game changed with Carroll. He was immense! All I can say on Carroll is that strikers need games.

As gutted as I am I'm proud of our supporters and the way the lads played in the last 35 minutes. There were two spurs supporters sitting in front of us who said at the very least we deserved extra time. It was disappointing...hideously disappointing!

I think I'm right in saying that one noticeable absence in the chants was one for Dalglish...I'm not sure if there's anything in that. Time will tell.

Nice summary, thanks for that! ;)
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Hyypia headers

• Am I a Real Liverpool Fan...
  • Kopite
  • Impossible?
« Reply #1006 on: May 5, 2012, 09:48:20 pm »
Well I' ve given the alcohol and disappointment some time to die out, so I think I'm in a right state of mind to post my view on today. ;).

We got what we deserved in the first halve. We played a cowards game and that suits Chelsea more than any other club in world. We showed more initiative in the second half and once Carroll came on we bossed the game. Over 90mins, we deserved to win. More than Chelsea because we actually tried to get the game going. Chelsea never tried anything.

I'm proud to be a Red today. I believe we won't be as bitter than those plastics to keep moaning over that goal they robbed us from today. We, and they, know that our name would be on the cup if it was given. It' s a disgrace, no doubt about that. But we will get ours and it will mean alot more than anything that blue lot can ever hope for.

It' s just a game.
Let me tell you about the times when tackling was allowed

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1007 on: May 5, 2012, 09:48:21 pm »
Well done to the team for reaching the FA Cup final this season. It just wasn’t to be for various reasons.

Our defending for both goals was very poor. I thought that Reina should have saved the first chance but it was poor from Spearing in midfield to give the ball away and then Enrique’s defending was also bad. Plenty of mistakes were made in the first goal.

The second goal was a good finish by Drogba but Lampard easily bypassed Spearing with ease and once that happened we were in trouble. Lampard has looked pretty good in recent games for Chelsea and provided a brilliant weighted pass for Drogba, who finished quite well in all fairness. His celebration was much like the man himself, embarrassing. Juan Mata also played quite well too for them.

Our midfield was really poor once again today. Spearing and Henderson didn't control the game at all. Gerrard just dropped deeper and deeper which made Suarez more isolated upfront. Downing didn't play too well either, which was no major surprise. I want to see him run at the full-back nine times out of ten. He's a little bit too conservative in my eyes. Equally, a lot of times he just cuts back and plays the safe pass, so perhaps players just aren't anticipating him providing the cross anyway, which is why sometimes we don’t overload players in the area.

I don't think that Bellamy had a very good game either. I was surprised that Bellamy didn’t start on the left though. All in all, not many players played very well. As a team we just didn't look good for a lot of the game. It's the FA Cup final and we didn't get going quickly enough.

Our decision making at times was pretty poor, and we misplaced a fair few passes. A lot of passes were just going from side to side without our play actually progressing. Chelsea didn’t look too worried until the last half hour or so. We looked far better once Carroll came on. Bringing him on meant that Suarez wasn’t as isolated. He scored a good goal, and had a couple of other chances. His work-rate was also impressive but his all round play was superb. Since the Newcastle game he has been an absolute beast for us. I hope that Carroll can continue with his impressive form.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #1008 on: May 5, 2012, 09:48:33 pm »
Personally, I support the England team for precisely that reason. Nice to have shared experiences with your fellow countryman which you can cherish together and feel pride in what you collectively stand for. It's the same with Liverpool, mind, but that doesn't mean that something like the World Cup or European Championships shouldn't be an opportunity to support my country. What I don't really understand is people on here willing England to lose. I know that maybe players like Gerrard swanning off to Ukraine and South Africa probably isn't ideal for his fitness, but why not enjoy it? You don't have to support just one team...(and I know the FA is run by a lot of technocratic, greedy cuntbags, too, but so were we for a few years and that didn't stop me supporting Liverpool Football Club)
Well mate,that's all well and good,but you need to learn a bit about the people and city I come from,and then you'll have a better understanding of why we don't support England and don't feel an English.Liverpool is the most celtic city in these island outside the celtic country's.

And it's got nothing to do with the inept FA

Sorry Alan.I didn't see you post until I had posted this.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2012, 09:53:30 pm by dave 5516 »
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1009 on: May 5, 2012, 09:48:54 pm »
The 2nd he didnt even reach his arm out for the ball. Weird.
More important things to worry about I suppose.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt here, but I understand that some people are concerned about his form to some extent. For the 1st one, he was anticipating the shot across him rather than at his near post which in fairness is where most strikers would have placed the ball. Unfortunately he'd already started moving to his right and couldn't quite adjust himself. For the 2nd, I do think he was left a little unsighted because of Skrtel being between him and Drogba which meant he dived a little late.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1010 on: May 5, 2012, 09:51:02 pm »
I think the national anthem is a piece of shit.
NUFC made Moneyball transfers.
And that Jordan Henderson will be as good as Lucas for us.

Hang me.

The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline muffins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Well done, lads.
« Reply #1011 on: May 5, 2012, 09:51:06 pm »
Eagerly awaiting one of the great posts in here to be reposted in the "Kwality Posts" thread. ;)

Offline mtpeters

• Main Stander
  • ...my dick be swangin'
« Reply #1012 on: May 5, 2012, 09:51:22 pm »
Has there ever been a worst central midfield partnership starting a major final in the history of Liverpool Football Club than Jordan Henderson and Jay Spearing?

Starting a major final, nothing comes to mind.  Although, the very first name that came to mind when I read "worst central midfield" was Poulsen.  Hendo and Spearing were both lacking today.  I thought Spearing was the worse of the two today, and I wish that Henderson wouldn't have tried to blast the ball so many times today.  I thought he could have played the pass on that one towards the end rather than going for glory...eh.

Offline Easy

• Sunday Mornin Tiger
  • Kopite
« Reply #1013 on: May 5, 2012, 09:56:01 pm »
Jordan Henderson will be as good as Lucas for us.

Time will tell. For now he's shite.

Offline Xabidodger

• Kopite
« Reply #1014 on: May 5, 2012, 09:56:15 pm »
Home, Tired and a bit pissed. Our support is all day was excellent. Will post tomorrow thoughts and musings after a bottle of wine and kip.

Two things though, I did not even know Hard-Fi existed anymore and the Met Police are knobheads. 
"All that I know surely about morality and the obligations of man, I owe to football" Albert Camus

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #1015 on: May 5, 2012, 09:56:40 pm »
First goal he should never have been beaten at his front post. I thought the ball had hit the side netting, or at least expected it to, so I was shocked to realize it was in the back of the goal instead, that's how much of an error it was for him. Almost school boy in fact. He'll be gutted he never kept that out.

Not just down to Pepe that goal though. Rafa always used to say that you could sometimes getr away with one mistake, but if you had two or three mistakes in succession you often conceded a goal. Spearing > Enrique > Pepe.. That's three - possibly others in there two in terms of covering positions from the rest of our players - i.e. if Spearing goes to press then someone (e.g. Henderson) has got to drop in to cover - as it happens it was actaully gerrard who made a run to try and get back. Also covering position of Agger - was he too far away from Enrique?

In any case several errors compunded led to the goal. I said before the match that SPearing's performance would be key and so it turned out, but notint the right way unfortunately.. I also saif though that the other players woould have to help him - especially our two CB's. Unfortunately this dodn't happen either..

Individually and collectively we were not good enough. Can't pin blame on individual players for that IMO. The whole team has to take responsibility.
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1016 on: May 5, 2012, 09:58:51 pm »
gutted, hate losing to those c*nts almost as much as the mancs.
no complaints about the 'phantom' goal, didn't look in to me, though it was mighty close.
Carroll should have buried it in fairness, though he was immense when he came on.
he's a different player when he's playing with some confidence.
the sight of him bedazzling Terry with his fancy footwork before lashing it home was something to savor.

Pepe, beaten at his near post...again.

can't give a team a 2 goal lead in a cup final, but at least we showed some pride in the last 30mins and played some decent stuff.
when they got their second I was sure we were dead and buried.

onwards and upwards,
should be an interesting season next year.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #1017 on: May 5, 2012, 09:59:25 pm »
At least we didnt go out like chumps. But Reina, Spearing and Hendo had shockers. Hopefully we'll from this and move on.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1018 on: May 5, 2012, 09:59:31 pm »
Gah this hurts a lot, wish this shit was easier to get over but the reality is this isn't just football, it's fucking family. I'm going to turn into a right soppy c*nt tonight :'(

Still, a little perspective and a laugh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MusyO7J2inM

I'm off to down some more drink, too many shitheads on here tonight. Goodluck mods!
:D

Offline mtpeters

• Main Stander
  • ...my dick be swangin'
« Reply #1019 on: May 5, 2012, 10:00:12 pm »
Not just down to Pepe that goal though. Rafa always used to say that you could sometimes getr away with one mistake, but if you had two or three mistakes in succession you often conceded a goal. Spearing > Enrique > Pepe.. That's three - possibly others in there two in terms of covering positions from the rest of our players - i.e. if Spearing goes to press then someone (e.g. Henderson) has got to drop in to cover - as it happens it was actaully gerrard who made a run to try and get back. Also covering position of Agger - was he too far away from Enrique?

In any case several errors compunded led to the goal. I said before the match that SPearing's performance would be key and so it turned out, but notint the right way unfortunately.. I also saif though that the other players woould have to help him - especially our two CB's. Unfortunately this dodn't happen either..

Individually and collectively we were not good enough. Can't pin blame on individual players for that IMO. The whole team has to take responsibility.

All true, but I don't think Agger could have done much to help on the first goal.  Win as a team, lose as a team...however, fantastic individual effort from Andy Carroll.  When he broke Terry's ankles, well...that was just beautiful stuff.

Offline thereader

• Weerrrdapeeepeeehllllllll!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1020 on: May 5, 2012, 10:00:50 pm »
Was a boring final for a while which was a nightmare considering i'd just attended a god awful match.  It picked up in the second half especially when Liverpool scored, the tide just totally turned.  I'd probably go along with the line the better team for 60 minutes deserved to win but I can see why you'll feel hard done by to have not taken it to extra time.

I'll be watching with interest to see where Liverpool go from here, my only thought would be that the owners won't be bringing sentiment into their decisions, although I guess we can't be sure exactly how they view the season as a whole.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Red Scouse

• Anny Roader
  • Stop making sense.
« Reply #1022 on: May 5, 2012, 10:01:56 pm »

Never, and that was always going to be a problem. Compounding that was the fact that, apart from Johnson, Suarez and Carroll, we didn't turn up for the game, I'd give Skrtel and Agger a bit of slack but the rest were shite.

Sad day, let's hope the club learn from this and move forward - under KK of course.

YNWA

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1023 on: May 5, 2012, 10:03:04 pm »
Time will tell. For now he's shite.
That is precisely what I thought of Lucas, funnily enough.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1024 on: May 5, 2012, 10:03:41 pm »
Well mate,that's all well and good,but you need to learn a bit about the people and city I come from,and then you'll have a better understanding of why we don't support England and don't feel an English.Liverpool is the most celtic city in these island outside the celtic country's.

No problem mate. I just PM'd him saying that. I'm an OOT who's been privileged to follow Liverpool for more than forty years. Like you say, it's basic courtesy to learn about the club, the city and the people if you want to follow and understand the team.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline CRAZY HORSE EMLYN

• Lives for twats
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1025 on: May 5, 2012, 10:04:00 pm »
Had such a good feeling about today. That faded after about 5 minutes. We were a shambles.
There's not much to say beyond what was said on page 1 of this thread. 1st hour bad. Last 30 good.
I've been in a shocker of a mood all season, but at the end of this I was weirdly upbeat. Still am.
Why? Because one final loss doesn't dint the fact we're the most successful English club side.
And, more importantly, we have a future. Carroll proved today he is up to the task, and a few others –
whilst they didn't excel – gained huge experience. Look ahead, we have a spine of a great young side.
Downing isn't part of it, and I don't count Spearing in it necessarily, but we WILL come good. Sleep easy
red men, we'll be back.

Offline gloryhunter

• Kemlynite
  • Say hello!
« Reply #1026 on: May 5, 2012, 10:04:27 pm »
Kenny can be hanged for a few things this season, but the idea that Andy Carroll would have played with the same desire and determination had he started rather than coming on, chasing a final, 2 goals down is very harsh on KK. The midfield selection was a shocker.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1027 on: May 5, 2012, 10:05:45 pm »

I'll be watching with interest to see where Liverpool go from here

As long as its not down the same road as Rangers  ;)

Offline sonnyred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1028 on: May 5, 2012, 10:05:55 pm »
Well, some players have been given a fair crack at the whip and a whole season to show if they have it or not, some do some don't. Bellamy had a great first half to the season but has faded quite badly and had an awful game, time to move him on. Other younger players have struggled, especially in the big games and maybe a different direction is needed in midfield. I do like the progress we are making, Chelsea's tactic was to hoof, ours was to be patient and pass out from the back. With the right players, our way is the way forward.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #1029 on: May 5, 2012, 10:06:04 pm »
Sorry to go off topic but does anyone reckon Enrique looks like the doctor from 'Escape from LA'?
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline thereader

• Weerrrdapeeepeeehllllllll!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1030 on: May 5, 2012, 10:06:22 pm »
Kenny can be hanged for a few things this season, but the idea that Andy Carroll would have played with the same desire and determination had he started rather than coming on, chasing a final, 2 goals down is very harsh on KK. The midfield selection was a shocker.
I was surprised at Bellamy's lack of influence if anything, whenever i've watched Liverpool and he's played I've felt you were much more threatening. 

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1031 on: May 5, 2012, 10:07:29 pm »
Think it'll take me a while to get over this one. Gutted.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1032 on: May 5, 2012, 10:07:39 pm »

+1.

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #1033 on: May 5, 2012, 10:08:14 pm »
Sorry to go off topic but does anyone reckon Enrique looks like the doctor from 'Escape from LA'?

someone should ask him how he got so shit recently? it's a bit shocking going from one of the players of the season to shockingly bad
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1034 on: May 5, 2012, 10:08:22 pm »
I was surprised at Bellamy's lack of influence if anything, whenever i've watched Liverpool and he's played I've felt you were much more threatening.

He's been much more influential when coming on as a sub.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline adlad

• Kopite
« Reply #1035 on: May 5, 2012, 10:09:19 pm »
If we can consistently play as we did in the last 30mins today, we have a very formidable team indeed. Easier said than done of course, but the potential is there.

Carroll had his best game in a Liverpool shirt, and definitely has the potential to be a modern-day Toshack. He just needs to play like that every week, even away to Stoke on a wet Wednesday night, and not just on the big stage.

Obviously there were plenty of negatives too, but I think there is plenty of that already in this thread. Excited for next season already, as with a couple changes to the squad we can be great again.

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1036 on: May 5, 2012, 10:09:25 pm »
someone should ask him how he got so shit recently? it's a bit shocking going from one of the players of the season to shockingly bad

It was the fault of that one Anfield Wrap podcast. It's clearly got to him.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1037 on: May 5, 2012, 10:10:06 pm »
Very depressing. Team didn't play well at all and everybody struggled. We played better at the end but its too late to be trying to come back against quality opposition.

Not really know what else to say. Kenny will know what has and what hasn't gone well this season, who is good enough, who isn't etc. He isn't stupid. But now this is where we have to show some faith in the manager and allow him time to work over the summer and hopefully get a better league campaign next season.

Offline mtpeters

• Main Stander
  • ...my dick be swangin'
« Reply #1038 on: May 5, 2012, 10:10:27 pm »

Exhausted and burnt out a bit? I dunno...all I know now is that I shouldn't have worn my Jose Enrique kit today. 

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1039 on: May 5, 2012, 10:10:49 pm »
Had such a good feeling about today. That faded after about 5 minutes. We were a shambles.
There's not much to say beyond what was said on page 1 of this thread. 1st hour bad. Last 30 good.
I've been in a shocker of a mood all season, but at the end of this I was weirdly upbeat. Still am.
Why? Because one final loss doesn't dint the fact we're the most successful English club side.
And, more importantly, we have a future. Carroll proved today he is up to the task, and a few others –
whilst they didn't excel – gained huge experience. Look ahead, we have a spine of a great young side.
Downing isn't part of it, and I don't count Spearing in it necessarily, but we WILL come good. Sleep easy
red men, we'll be back.

Well said.  I'm feeling surprising positive.  I think because I know that one final defeat doesn't define our future.  We have improved since Hodgson (despite what a load of the others on this board say).  Get Lucas back, add a couple of good providers, blood in the likes of Sterling etc and push the team to provide more first time crosses.  Give it time people.  There are reasons to be positive.