Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 580875 times)

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Good to hear about Curtis being close. He’s been excellent this season, and had become a certain starter before the injury. Hopefully he can shake off any rust and quickly pick up where he left off.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The badger starts proper training with the U21s next week, then onto the senior squad! More good news.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Konate was in some pics though.

Maybe individual training ?

Similar to Kostas and Macca maybe, didn't see them in the group training.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
Curtis is training, doesn't know for the game. Darwin fine. Ibou was extra rest. Robbo day by day though not training today. The rest will be parts of training next week, step by step etc.

That was a nice update for once
To have Jota and TAA on the bench for Man Utd away would be a massive boost….if that was Jota coming off the bench on a 5v2 instead of Gakpo then it’s game set and match.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
To have Jota and TAA on the bench for Man Utd away would be a massive boost….if that was Jota coming off the bench on a 5v2 instead of Gakpo then it’s game set and match.
Unless he passed to Trent

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
The badger starts proper training with the U21s next week, then onto the senior squad! More good news.
can we please knock off "the badger" crap?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
It doesn’t smell nice, I can tell you that
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
It doesn’t smell nice, I can tell you that
good point  :)

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
Jürgen Klopp has provided an update on the fitness of his squad ahead of Sunday’s clash with Brighton & Hove Albion, including initial news on Andy Robertson.
PUBLISHED 4 HOURS AGO
By Chris Shaw at the AXA Training Centre

Liverpool left-back Robertson was withdrawn during the first half of Scotland’s friendly against Northern Ireland on Tuesday night with an apparent ankle complaint.

Offering the latest at his pre-match press conference this afternoon, Klopp said: “Robbo, we take it a little bit day by day so we will see.

“He will not train today but it’s not as bad. So that’s fine.”

Elsewhere, Curtis Jones is returning to training, while Ibrahima Konate and Darwin Nunez are both fine ahead of the Premier League visit of the Seagulls.

“Curtis, I am not sure if he is available [for Sunday], but in training,” said the manager. “Ibou was an extra rest day [on Thursday], nothing else.

“[Nunez] is fine. He did his rehab during the week, trained the first day partially since we are back partially and since then he is in full training.”

Asked about the respective recoveries of Alisson Becker, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Diogo Jota, he added: “And the other boys, from next week on step by step I think they will join parts of team training and then team training, so we will see what we do with that.

“They are not too far away but not in yet, none of them was yet even close to team training. But they all make their steps and so it’s positive.”

Klopp was also asked about Stefan Bajcetic’s progress in his long-term fitness rehabilitation and if the No.43 has been able to use the time on the sidelines beneficially in other ways.

“Football brain-wise he is a natural so I don’t think he lost anything. But rhythm is something else,” he replied.

“He is now in partial training with the U21s and he will be in full training with the U21s next week because we pretty much don’t train because we play all the time. Then after that he will join our training. That’s the plan and then we will see.

“But the boy grew, put a few muscles on, looks good. Conor Bradley didn’t need long after he was out for a long, long time as well. He is a smart kid so I think he will be fine, but what do I know? I’ve never been that long injured in that age group.

“He watched definitely a lot of football. It is not that he played with us now regularly, he played early in the season. I forgot that actually, but he did, and then everything went the wrong way.

“But now he is nearly back and I’m really happy for him and happy for us.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-fitness-update-robertson-jones-konate-nunez-bajcetic-and-more

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

No. Super badger.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Badger badger badger! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jEb1Zh8eptg

This is not the Newcastle thread, mate.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
Some really fucking outrageously stupid takes on Robbo here in the last 2 pages.

Should read his thread - christ. Some people are getting what they want if he misses out Sunday
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jones likely to be back in the squad midweek and the other lads close are likely back the week after the United game. If we can navigate these next two fixtures with wins it sets us up brilliantly with the likes of Trent, Jota and Ali closing in on returns.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
Can any of them make it for the United game?
Believer

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jones likely to be back in the squad midweek and the other lads close are likely back the week after the United game. If we can navigate these next two fixtures with wins it sets us up brilliantly with the likes of Trent, Jota and Ali closing in on returns.

We’ve no reason to rush anyone back. Let’s make sure the injured players are 100% fit when back.

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
We’ve no reason to rush anyone back. Let’s make sure the injured players are 100% fit when back.

If we take any longer the season will be over before they return!

Let's hope the medical team gets it all spot on.   We need everyone fit and firing, even Thiago if possible, heading into the business end of the season. 
Klopp that!

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Let's hope the medical team gets it all spot on.   We need everyone fit and firing, even Thiago if possible, heading into the business end of the season.

:lmao
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
I think Jota is the most important player to get back out of all of them for the run in and the one I’m eagerly looking for news of.
His clinical finishing in some tight nervy games is going to be so important.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan

I'd be worried about Thiago injuring someone when he gets injured.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Curtis in full training, in contention for tomorrow, others doing well, Diogo and Trent are together in group, next week team training then will see. Goatlisson looks good, next week parts of team training hopefully.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Klopp doesn’t mention Robbo. Joe that’s because he’s no longer injured
« Last Edit: April 3, 2024, 01:50:17 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
Bajcetic reconfirmed as having trained this week with the U21s, then back to the senior squad next week too.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Robbo back fit, Endo has a knock though
W

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
Endo apparently took a knock in the game against Brighton  :( Might not be anything serious though.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
Endo apparently took a knock in the game against Brighton  :( Might not be anything serious though.

Based on our luck this season I'd just like to wish him a speedy recovery and hope to see him make it to Dublin.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
he took it with at least forty-odd minutes left in the game - looked like he was holding and trying to test moving his left thigh/hip from where i was standing.

so feels likely he can manage his way through a game if it was essential (although if you were to chose for him to miss games to recover and rest, the next two are much more preferable than the Europa games).

firstly cos it eases the risk of a two game ban for all his yellows, and also because both teams will be looking to stifle our midfield so having better and quicker passers and movers like Elliot would probably improve our scoring opportunities)
« Last Edit: April 3, 2024, 01:57:16 pm by classycarra »

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
damn!!  wrap him in cotton wool now!

Offline us_col

• Anny Roader
I think Jota is the most important player to get back out of all of them for the run in and the one I’m eagerly looking for news of.
His clinical finishing in some tight nervy games is going to be so important.

This is the Guy for me. He was on fire before the injury.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Nice to get some positive news Endo aside.

Didn't expect anything else but Klopp said Matip is unlikely to feature again this season. We've therefore probably seen the last of him in a red shirt :(
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This is mental, how are we top.

Tonight Kelleher will have played as many games as Alisson

Quansah will have played more full games than Konate and Matip

Mac played more games as a 6 than Thiago has played minutes.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan

Same reason why our youth players fit in to the team and play so well, same reason why people like Gini, Mane, and Coutinho leave and their form drops off a cliff. Also why I got wound up by the media as per their usual drivel comms during games lately, they bang on about how lucky we are to have such great youth players while completely ignoring the one common denominator for all of this. It's why most of us are going to be so fucking distraught when this season ends and he finally leaves.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
I think if we are still top of the league when we get Jota back, we will be looking good. No disrespect to Gakpo, but the difference between having one of Diaz, Jota, or Nunez come off the bench would be massive if we need a goal or to put a game to bed.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan

Wow. Kelleher has played a lot of cup/ Europa League games hasn’t he.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
Wow. Kelleher has played a lot of cup/ Europa League games hasn’t he.
not sure if I'm misunderstanding you, but I think the more games stat is this season.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
not sure if I'm misunderstanding you, but I think the more games stat is this season.

Yeah I got that. I’m still surprised though. And I’m guessing it’s because of the number of cup games he’s played. He must be a decent amount back on Allison in terms of league games, right?

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
Yeah I got that. I’m still surprised though. And I’m guessing it’s because of the number of cup games he’s played. He must be a decent amount back on Allison in terms of league games, right?
Absolutely.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
I must have missed it - what's the word on Endo's injury?  Is it  serious, or just being cautious resting him tonight?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
I must have missed it - what's the word on Endo's injury?  Is it  serious, or just being cautious resting him tonight?
Had a small chance for today, but was rested. Should be ready for United (bigger chance per Klopp).
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
Had a small chance for today, but was rested. Should be ready for United (bigger chance per Klopp).
excellent - thanks faraway.