Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2803515 times)

Online redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
Maybe I’m missing something but if you overstate income, you’re by definition understating losses

True.

David Conn gave a good explanation of this.

City have understated losses but UEFA have gone for the charge of dishonestly misleading them.

To understand why Conn gives the example of being caught for exceeding the speed limit which would give you a punishment of a fine and points on your licence.

If however you dishonestly claim that it was someone else driving and this is proven to be untrue the penalty is much greater as you can go to prison.

UEFA base their 2 year ban on the more serious charge of misleading the ruling body.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Online wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
19 points behind now. Chipping away!

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
19 points behind now. Chipping away!
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao Oh Raheem you make me laugh you girlie running greedy bastard. :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
Imagine draping yourself in the CL oppositions jersey the week of your CL tie. Just when you thought he could not be anymore of a c*nt.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Imagine draping yourself in the CL oppositions jersey the week of your CL tie. Just when you thought he could not be anymore of a c*nt.

The funniest thing is that he thinks he's being a c*nt but it's worth it to ultimately move to a better team. What he doesn't realise is he's been taken for a ride to try and show up his club ahead of the tie. So he's knowingly being a c*nt but unknowingly being played for a numpty.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Man City appeal against European ban could leave Liverpool in dock over alleged hacking

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-city-appeal-against-european-21554811

They won't let this go even though its settled..

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Man City appeal against European ban could leave Liverpool in dock over alleged hacking

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-city-appeal-against-european-21554811

That is 100% clickbait. They get more clicks from Liverpool fans than anyone else.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

unless there is something new they’d be breaking the settlement

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite

Either clickbait or some desperate leak by Man City, let's fling some shit around to divert attention.
Otherwise legally, probably equivalent of a convicted murder appealing his verdict on the basis that he was pickpocketed once.

Offline Onward Liverpudlian

• Kopite

They have to 'let it go' as they have no legs to stand on...Having some former City scouts finding their log-ins still worked (nowt to do with City's FFP case) after leaving without both clubs knowledge for a few months and in any case settled way back after both clubs found out about it is a tad less controversial than City's systematic fraud, deception and breaking of the rules by its actual owners.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 03:10:41 am by Onward Liverpudlian »

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They have to 'let it go' as they have no legs to stand on...Having some former City scouts finding their log-ins still worked (nowt to do with City's FFP case) after leaving without both clubs knowledge for a few months and in any case settled way back after both clubs found out about it is a tad less controversial than City's systematic fraud, deception and breaking of the rules by its actual owners.

If they do raise this as part of their 'case' then its just desperation and deflection because they have nothing else.

Very revealing i thought....

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
I don't understand why they keep using the word 'hacked' when they had log in information lol they must run the most amateurish IT department in the world. I say that because they did actually get hacked for the emails that unraveled them.

Offline Onward Liverpudlian

• Kopite
If they do raise this as part of their 'case' then its just desperation and deflection because they have nothing else.

City will not even raise the settled issue as it is nothing to do with FFP or their dispute with UEFA - They would have to give a reason for raising the totally unrelated issue created by their ex-scouts and I fail to see any explanation they could give that makes it relevent to their 'case'. It is the Manchester Mirror up to mischief.

Offline goliath377

• Main Stander
Re: Man City - Anxieta in Proelia - thoughts with them during this difficult time
« Reply #3493 on: February 23, 2020, 04:42:06 am »
Just FYI, in this 'hacking' shambles scouts used credentials of other employee, not their own. A lot of people may not be aware of this

https://twitter.com/martynziegler/status/1225785589460611073?s=19
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 04:47:40 am by goliath377 »

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
This rehashing of the 'hack' story does seem in very poor taste and completely lacking in relevance. That may sound naive but it has absolutely no bearing on what THEY have allegedly done.

Their tactics appear truly Trumpian i.e. A complete disregard for the actual issue at hand along desperate swings to try and take as many as possible down with them.

Honestly, and this has nothing to do financial jealousy or anti-City bias, but the sooner owners like this are out of the game the better.

Dislike UEFA but would happily contribute to a whip-round to help them continue this essential fight with Abu Dhabi.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
I mean, the obvious thing to point out here is that just because someone else did something wrong doesn't count out your blatant cheating.

They are going to try to use this as a way to prove that the authorities are just punishing City for wrongdoing and not the "cartel" clubs. But from what I undertand, the authorities couldn't do anything about this because we signed a settlement with City so it didn't go to the FA/PL/UEFA. It's hard for them to judge the case against us when no case is put forward. If we did do wrong and it's felt like we should be punished, then go for it to be honest. I can't see the sanctions against us being anything close to serious as City since it was done without our permission and without the Clubs knowledge....unlike the blatant circumventing of FFP and lying to UEFA by City. Plus I wouldn't have to hear the City fans fucking crying over the "hacking" ever again.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
I look forward to the Mirror piece stating that City only mislead UEFA about their bogus sponsorship because they had to somehow pay for the damage to their team bus after a visit to Anfield.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
None of that makes sense though.

We could end up in court if its raised in their appeal to CAS?  But the FA and PL said it wouldn't get looked at again unless new evidence came to light. 

Does that mean ADFC withhold something when we were both asked to hand over all the information for them to investigate last September and now they're going to use it to save their bacon?

Or are they saying that it wasn't properly investigated and the authorities covered up any wrongdoing like they themselves did 7 years ago when they didn't take it further and accepted a settlement instead?

Maybe, as the piece insists, the police should investigate due to whatever computer law was broken but wouldn't that have happened automatically once the FA and PL realised we broke the law? 

Anyway regardless of all the threats and bluster, have they actually appealed yet cos I've still not seen it confirmed and I believe tomorrow is the final day to do so?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
I don't understand why they keep using the word 'hacked' when they had log in information lol they must run the most amateurish IT department in the world. I say that because they did actually get hacked for the emails that unraveled them.

Because it is hacking. That’s the right term for it. Gaining unauthorised access in this way is a contravention of S1 Computer Misuse Act 1990. Doesn’t matter if you once were authorised. As a crime it holds up to two years in prison and a £5000 fine. That’s why we settled. Let’s not be as tribal as City fans on this, we got cheeky and got caught.

Offline harleydanger

• Legacy Fan
Might be the summer Europe comes to pick apart their team, Sane to Munich, Stirling to Madrid, KDB to Barca and their back four to LeHarve FC in Ligue 2
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just FYI, in this 'hacking' shambles scouts used credentials of other employee, not their own. A lot of people may not be aware of this

https://twitter.com/martynziegler/status/1225785589460611073?s=19

So their IT it so shit that they don't routinely force their employees to change their passwords and have such an open system they allow logins to their system from unauthorised non-company eqpt?
If they were using laptops they got from City, that is just as shit that they didn't force the user to return them and didn't notice an ex-employees machine was logging on.

Because it is hacking. That’s the right term for it. Gaining unauthorised access in this way is a contravention of S1 Computer Misuse Act 1990. Doesn’t matter if you once were authorised. As a crime it holds up to two years in prison and a £5000 fine. That’s why we settled. Let’s not be as tribal as City fans on this, we got cheeky and got caught.

Most (99%?) people see hacking as breaking passwords to gain unknown unauthorised entry to a system, not by logging on using valid logins and passwords.

As I say above, their IT dept is fucking shit.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 08:23:32 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
So their IT it so shit that they don't routinely force their employees to change their passwords and have such an open system they allow logins to their system from unauthorised non-company eqpt?
If they were using laptops they got from City, that is just as shit that they didn't force the user to return them and didn't notice an ex-employees machine was logging on.

Most (99%?) people see hacking as breaking passwords to gain unknown unauthorised entry to a system, not by logging on using valid logins and passwords.

The fact they knew his log in details in the first place is worrying enough. It's been drilled into me everywhere I've worked not to share my login details in case this very sort of thing happened. The minute someone knows your details, you can't control what they do with it. If he knew that they had his details, it makes it even worse.

That said, victim blaming isn't on. Let's just get the shit over with and move on. If there's new evidence from City, put it forward. If there isn't shut the fuck up about it and stop flinging shit around at other clubs just to muddy the waters on your obvious blatant cheating.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Hi. What did we steal from their computer systems ? I missed that story.
Loving their last minute win. It's meaningless and they know it
Is the sterling RM shirt thing just silly. Be different if they weren't playing them this week in the CL. Just media nonsense.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
The fact they knew his log in details in the first place is worrying enough. It's been drilled into me everywhere I've worked not to share my login details in case this very sort of thing happened. The minute someone knows your details, you can't control what they do with it. If he knew that they had his details, it makes it even worse.

That said, victim blaming isn't on. Let's just get the shit over with and move on. If there's new evidence from City, put it forward. If there isn't shut the fuck up about it and stop flinging shit around at other clubs just to muddy the waters on your obvious blatant cheating.
2fa if they are even half serious about securing stuff.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline goliath377

• Main Stander

That is undeniably true :)

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan

It doesn’t matter what most people see hacking as. It’s what the law sees it as. Most cases of hacking involve using valid logins and passwords (or resets). What we did was hacking, plain and simple. And to be honest, I’d much rather we hadn’t.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 08:48:12 am by thejbs »

Offline harleydanger

• Legacy Fan
I’m sorry but it’s only hacking if there was tense 80’s electro on in the room and the only light was the green glow of the code on the screen.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

It does make you wonder about the competence of City's IT Department though.

I appreciate there is a difference between lazily not following basic security procedures in disabling ex employees login details and an orchestrated hack/leak but possibly indicative of sloppy security.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It doesn’t matter what most people see hacking as. It’s what the law sees it as. Most cases of hacking involve using valid logins and passwords (or resets). What we did was hacking, plain and simple. And to be honest, I’d much rather we hadn’t.

My reply is more in response to why people think it isn't hacking, as most don't understand what was done was exactly that.

City bitching about it years later, after it's already been dealt with, to attempt to cover up their systematic cheating, which was fully implemented by the owners and happily carried out by every member of staff from to the top level right down to the playing staff is fucking pathetic.

Everyone at City cheats and it goes through every level of the club.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born

I appreciate there is a difference between lazily not following basic security procedures in disabling ex employees login details and an orchestrated hack/leak but possibly indicative of sloppy security.
The same sloppy security that allowed emails that could cost the club hundreds of millions of pounds to be released into the wild?

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
City are basically going to try and drag us down with them if the ban gets upheld.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

• Legacy Fan
The same sloppy security that allowed emails that could cost the club hundreds of millions of pounds to be released into the wild?

Yes. I'm sure the penalties for this type of incompetence in Abu Dhabi are more draconian than a fine or imprisonment so maybe they expected a more secure environment. :D

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Exactly that. If they are allowing employees to leave and not disabling their accounts and it is routine that users know each others passwords (logins are usually your name, so easily worked out) and there is no security policy in place to enforce monthly changes of passwords and to also not allow re-use - eg last 10 passwords must all differ - then they are opening themselves up to a heap of trouble.

The hacker who got the stuff Der Spiegel ended up with probably sent an email to City asking for a list of logins and passwords  ;)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I’m sorry but it’s only hacking if there was tense 80’s electro on in the room and the only light was the green glow of the code on the screen.

This.

And the person doing the hacking had to be saying out loud what they were typing as they were doing it.

• Legacy Fan
Exactly that. If they are allowing employees to leave and not disabling their accounts and it is routine that users know each others passwords (logins are usually your name, so easily worked out) and there is no security policy in place to enforce monthly changes of passwords and to also not allow re-use - eg last 10 passwords must all differ - then they are opening themselves up to a heap of trouble.

The hacker who got the stuff Der Spiegel ended up with probably sent an email to City asking for a list of logins and passwords  ;)

Or a link to ThaiBride.com.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen YNWA

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
My reply is more in response to why people think it isn't hacking, as most don't understand what was done was exactly that.

City bitching about it years later, after it's already been dealt with, to attempt to cover up their systematic cheating, which was fully implemented by the owners and happily carried out by every member of staff from to the top level right down to the playing staff is fucking pathetic.

Everyone at City cheats and it goes through every level of the club.

I get you. And I totally agree that this is part of a city scorched earth policy. It’s despicable and expected.

I have seen a lot of our fans victim blame on this though, and we really shouldn’t. I’m sure their security with this scouting system was similar to most clubs.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I get you. And I totally agree that this is part of a city scorched earth policy. It’s despicable and expected.

I have seen a lot of our fans victim blame on this though, and we really shouldn’t. I’m sure their security with this scouting system was similar to most clubs.

As someone who has worked in IT since 2001, then I have no issues with victim blame. Their IT staff know how important security is, it is basics in any system - prevent unauthorised access. The fact that ex-employees gained access using either their own accounts or other employee accounts shows a level of stupidity within the staff that makes you wonder what the fuck they are doing. It also shows that their auditors aren't doing their jobs either.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Could Cheaty break another record this season?

I mean, given that they only won the '19 title on the last day of the season (22nd May) and that they might now relinquish it early. It could be that they only hold the title for ten months or even nine. I wonder what the record is?
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
If anyone wants to enter a DEEP rabbit hole of delusional paranoia then step this way:

https://footballisfixed.blogspot.com/

They reference it as a font of insight on Blueloon and it's easy to see why.  You see while football is apparently fixed for 'international betting markets' a quick spot check of the blog in varying months (from the menu on the right) would seem to indicate that it's only fixed in Liverpool and Man Utd's favour (no explanation is given as to why Utd are still shite) and against Man City.  Bizarre that..almost as if the blog written by a cryarsing City fan

Believer