Author Topic: Art Vandelay's Photoshop Thread.. and other wizards too!  (Read 9555885 times)

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
Re: Art Vandelay's Photoshop Thread.. and other wizards too!
« Reply #5800 on: June 14, 2008, 07:43:11 pm »

Torres and Villa 'The sexist front line in world football'
:D

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #5801 on: June 14, 2008, 07:51:49 pm »

Have to admit, that got me a little hard...

I always thought the Liverbird was a cormorant? don't know where the eagle and the phoenix fitted in?
It's a cross between a cormorant and an eagle, no?

BREAKING NEWS: Ronaldo seen making his exit for Madrid earlier.

Quality!  Manuel :lmao!

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5802 on: June 14, 2008, 08:04:25 pm »
Don't worry about that, lad. I'll always post up art work on this site, but just not certain stuff, or at least not a full res images of certain projects. I can always watermark them as well. It's just daft to spend hours, or in some cases days, to complete something and then just post the original up for people to knick. It's alright if it's a wallpaper thrown together within an hour or so, then I really don't mind if someone wants it, or something like an avatar like you see in Kitster's work. I can certainly understand Kitster's frustrations when someone claims a piece of original work as their own. They ever put the effort in. It's never easy to create something from scratch and is often frustrating to get right. The bird above is such an example as it's just come from imagination.

Speaking of that bird, a mate of mine seen the concept drawing of that image and he disagreed with the direction. He said that it didn't look like a Liverbird. So I said to him "have you ever seen what a real Liverbird looks like"? He went off and tried to Google a real picture of one. :) Oddly enough, all he found was just a few pictures of the one on the crest, and the one on the building. The eejit thought it was a real bird. I explained to him that the idea behind the Liverbird was that it was meant to be based on an eagle but the artists never knew what one looked like. So, in essence, had they known what an eagle looked like, the design might have ended up a lot closer to the one you see in mine. I'm not sure if it would still have had the long neck, though. As it is, my version is faithful to the original, while taking on the look of what the bird was originally meant to resemble.
I find drawing breath hard these days. So, I really don't have a clue. But glad to know you will stick stuff up. I think this thread is great.

Kitster even done a badge for me that I have been searching for for a couple of years.
So, nice one lads.
But as for the liverbird, now that's auld arse territory....
No one really knows the origins. Nothing factual's written down. But the probable truth is it's a cormarant as Liverpool Bay used to be jammed choker ramo'd with them. And then you get loads of stories of why, where and who made it into the city emblem.

The best story I ever heard, well, the one I like best is....

When Liverpool first started to prosper, a few city bigwigs and merchants decided they needed a crest for the city. Some heraldry like. So, they had a whip round and hired an artist. Apparently the artist was a right pisshead.
Anyway, every time the bigwigs asked to see the work, he wouldn't let them, saying they could only see the finished article and taped them up for a few more bob for more paint and that.
That went on for ages, until, eventually, the bigwigs forced there way in on the pisshead, looked at the painting and said what the fuck is that!
They were choka, refused to pay the artist anymore money and fucked him right off out of Liverpool, barred him from the city like. Then, when they were talking about getting another artist to paint one, one mingebag said fuck it, use that and call it The Liverbird.

Probably bollacks. But I'd love it to be true.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 08:09:20 pm by FAT SCOUSER »
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline speedy_gonzalez

• Main Stander
« Reply #5803 on: June 14, 2008, 11:16:48 pm »
well I look like a copycat now, but i finished my manip of that pic so might aswell post

Offline ATEAMOFCARRAGHERS

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #5804 on: June 16, 2008, 07:33:39 pm »
Due to stuff being knicked from these very pages, I won't be posting completed high res work, especially if it's from scratch as this one is. This is a long, long way off from being finished, but I intend on turning this into a poster that I'll be selling. The final image itself will feature several birds. The final drawing can only be viewed on a video via Youtube when I get round to posting it up. It's something for the fans of this club to remind them that even though we have two massive c*nts owning us, they'll never take away the symbolic nature of what the final image represents.

my word mate thats some fuckin talent you got there mate, you fellas deserve a medal for some of the stuff you produce!
15/4/89 never forgotten.

Offline don1980

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5805 on: June 16, 2008, 11:17:05 pm »
i know this is not liverpool related but i know this fella who is always going on about how brian clough is the greatest manager ever so if one you could work your magic on this, more offensive the better

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #5806 on: June 16, 2008, 11:19:46 pm »
WiP taster of part of a series of graphic characters I am playing with.

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5807 on: June 17, 2008, 06:44:03 am »
I couldn't find an official website for Villa. Perhaps someone can send it to Torres' website and he can pass it on  ;D
http://www.fernando9torres.com/inicio.php?new_leng=uk

:P
Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #5808 on: June 17, 2008, 03:32:08 pm »
First wallpaper i've posted on here.
Not sure whether to leave the crest in or out so i did 2 variations (btw, the crest looks a bit wierd).
It's 1280 x 800.
(with the crest)

(without the crest)

I looked at it on my Dads computer, and he couldn't see the detail in the background and the effect on Mascherano, but i'm just assuming that his computer has a shit graphics card because i can see it fine on my laptop.
Feedback would be much appreciated as i ain't done many of these before, thanks :)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 05:53:38 pm by choi »

Offline phil_1010

• Anny Roader
  • The Reds Are Coming Up The Hill Boys...
« Reply #5809 on: June 17, 2008, 05:25:42 pm »

Can anyone do anything with that?

Offline codland

• Kopite
« Reply #5810 on: June 17, 2008, 07:01:51 pm »
'DJ Torres"

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5812 on: June 17, 2008, 07:45:58 pm »

Whilst his jockey was desperate to win, Fernando took the time to try and steal his rivals' lucky charms...
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #5813 on: June 17, 2008, 07:53:16 pm »

Whilst his jockey was desperate to win, Fernando took the time to try and steal his rivals' lucky charms...
:wellin

Online RedSam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #5814 on: June 17, 2008, 07:57:42 pm »
Terry relaxing at home

Offline RedGem

• Goddess. Not Welsh.
  • Kopite
« Reply #5815 on: June 17, 2008, 08:00:24 pm »

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
 Pepe looks hilarious! :wellin
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."- Bill Shankly.

Offline speedy_gonzalez

• Main Stander
« Reply #5816 on: June 17, 2008, 08:59:21 pm »
Isn't the point of deviant art to post your OWN artwork, not other peoples?
yeah and I did the kits in that pic

my devart : http://spidey-dude.deviantart.com/

Offline phil_1010

• Anny Roader
  • The Reds Are Coming Up The Hill Boys...
« Reply #5817 on: June 17, 2008, 09:09:26 pm »

Brilliant that Art :D

Offline ALRIGHTALDO

• Main Stander
  • Believe
« Reply #5818 on: June 17, 2008, 09:14:02 pm »
 ;D
The future belongs to those who dare to dream.

Offline ALRIGHTALDO

• Main Stander
  • Believe
« Reply #5819 on: June 17, 2008, 09:18:30 pm »
OOPS meant to post this one. Darn now everyone knows the scarf not real.
The future belongs to those who dare to dream.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5820 on: June 17, 2008, 10:10:42 pm »
Pepe got served...

Offline 14#Alonso

• Kopite
« Reply #5821 on: June 17, 2008, 10:31:41 pm »
I managed this; worked off Speedy G's picture, I'm sure he wont mind.

At first look I thought "What's so special with this?!" ;D Then remembered that he hasn't signed (yet).

If this doesn't happen this summer, then.......

Absolutely fantabulous work! :D
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 10:40:20 pm by 14#Alonso »
Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5822 on: June 17, 2008, 10:47:32 pm »
Yep.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5823 on: June 17, 2008, 10:48:35 pm »
;D Subtle.

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Legacy Fan

Offline Kahuna{=}Berger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Innovate, not imitate.
« Reply #5825 on: June 18, 2008, 12:25:37 am »
Ah, this thread's finally back to its best! No offence to some of you but desktops don't particularly interest me. Good as they are and all.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5826 on: June 18, 2008, 01:03:58 am »
This page has been back to the good old days.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5827 on: June 18, 2008, 10:14:37 am »
Terry relaxing at home

;D

Somebody PLEASE do that one again with Gary Neville's head

Please

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #5828 on: June 18, 2008, 12:51:10 pm »
My first attempt at pop-art

the original: http://www.football-wallpapers.com/wallpapers2/benitez_1_1024x768.jpg

P.S. If anybody who uses photoshop 7 knows how to fix this error please tell me!:)
I was nearly finished and went to save it, and then all of a sudden an error message came up saying 'Could not complete your request because of a program error'. So i couldn't save my work and i had done most of it since i last saved it so i had to take a screenshot of what i had done so far and save it on another program (That's what i have posted above). So i can't change anything on it (which i intended to do) as i can't save anything, and i simply can't be arsed re-doing it all again. This is the first time photoshop has broken for me since i downloaded it 2 years ago. And btw, i don't want to download any newer versions of photoshop.
Please help me :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 03:38:08 pm by choi »

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5829 on: June 18, 2008, 12:51:28 pm »
@ManifoldReasons

Offline maccajay

• Kemlynite

Offline windowman

• Main Stander
« Reply #5831 on: June 18, 2008, 03:05:57 pm »
New Health & Safety campaign

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #5832 on: June 18, 2008, 05:08:56 pm »
My first attempt at pop-art

the original: http://www.football-wallpapers.com/wallpapers2/benitez_1_1024x768.jpg

P.S. If anybody who uses photoshop 7 knows how to fix this error please tell me!:)
I was nearly finished and went to save it, and then all of a sudden an error message came up saying 'Could not complete your request because of a program error'. So i couldn't save my work and i had done most of it since i last saved it so i had to take a screenshot of what i had done so far and save it on another program (That's what i have posted above). So i can't change anything on it (which i intended to do) as i can't save anything, and i simply can't be arsed re-doing it all again. This is the first time photoshop has broken for me since i downloaded it 2 years ago. And btw, i don't want to download any newer versions of photoshop.
Please help me :)

Looks pretty good that - would soften the lip colour slightly, so it is more skin coloured. With regards to the PS problem, it could be something to do with memory, usually it would say 'not enough memory to complete the action' or something like that. But occasionally it will give the message you describe.

Offline jonty101

• but you might know him as Damien.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • fernando torres , liverpools no.9
« Reply #5833 on: June 18, 2008, 06:06:28 pm »

thts wa i meant :P
add my ps3 ID jonty101 :)
Torres is the most overrated fuckin player I've ever seen. When he's not giving the ball away he's on his arse. How the fuck anyone can say he's worth 25 million is beyond me.

Online RedSam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #5834 on: June 18, 2008, 06:13:58 pm »
Neville shows his skill

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5835 on: June 18, 2008, 07:12:55 pm »
Neville shows his skill

Yes, he shows his skill, but not stroking the banjo...

Offline felix.

• easily impressed Baldrick Mark II
  • Legacy Fan
    • last.fm
« Reply #5836 on: June 18, 2008, 07:18:01 pm »

...but his sister.
MOSES SAID COME FORTH
    BUT WE CAME FIRST

Offline wacko

• Keepsh a shecret gottle of Shcotch in hish top drawer. Cunning linguist and ical genius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5837 on: June 18, 2008, 07:23:56 pm »
I looked at it on my Dads computer, and he couldn't see the detail in the background and the effect on Mascherano, but i'm just assuming that his computer has a shit graphics card because i can see it fine on my laptop.
Feedback would be much appreciated as i ain't done many of these before, thanks :)
Could be a few things. His (or your) screen might not be anything like properly calibrated. His monitor might just be shite and dying. If you have a Mac and he has Windows/Linux you might have problems with the different gamma settings. I think this is only really a factor for PNGs, but one of the experts will probably set me straight.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Offline Flame1845

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5838 on: June 18, 2008, 07:34:04 pm »

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 07:49:59 pm by Flame1845 »

Offline messa113

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5839 on: June 18, 2008, 07:52:19 pm »