Poll

The incoming Tory Tax Cuts..

Brilliant! With everyone struggling at the moment, a few hundred quid would be most welcome
Maybe a small one, but money should be spent on failing public services
I am an egg and I like cheese and fluffy squirrels called Bob. Bob the Fluffy squirrel is my fave babes.
There shouldn't be a tax cut when public services are already so broken. Keep spending what we are
Far more investment is needed in this country. Spend the money where it's needed now and fuck this stupid Austerity shite.

Author Topic: Never mind 'Stop the Boats' - STOP THE TORIES  (Read 1317415 times)

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Re: Conservatives: wholly-owned subsidiary of the ERG and 55 Tufton Street
« Reply #20200 on: November 14, 2022, 12:51:01 pm »
Hardy counts as news, though. What's happening with Labour!? :P
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20202 on: November 14, 2022, 01:03:27 pm »
Sorry OF, I've phrased it badly, I can't accuse him of not defending their right to strike, as he wasn't asked that question, but he categorically disagreed with their strike against fire and rehire. Personally, I wouldn't defend him.
His reply didn't have even have any nuance, any reference to the negotiation table it was just an angry shouty NO.  I watched it live and it shocked it me.

Peace and Love.
I can understand the anger Kenny. Lammys response was poor, he has admitted he was wrong so I don't think any harms been done.
What pisses me off most is him commenting on a Industrial dispute strike without knowing the full details. that's something that many strikers went through all the time in the past, people arguing with you over why you were on strike based on what they had read in the newspaper. I hope he has learned a lesson.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #20203 on: November 14, 2022, 02:08:06 pm »
As Black Bull Nova says in the Labour thread - these Labour discussions should be in there. I've moved a couple of mine there.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #20204 on: November 14, 2022, 05:50:19 pm »
Anyway, latest polls show that the tories have dipped inthe polls again ..

Honeymoon over?  Maybe
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #20205 on: November 14, 2022, 06:40:39 pm »
Anyway, latest polls show that the tories have dipped inthe polls again ..

Honeymoon over?  Maybe

Honeymoon? It lasted about as long as a one night stand
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20206 on: November 14, 2022, 06:46:39 pm »
https://mobile.twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1592202085189156869

LAB: 50% (+1)
CON: 26% (-2)
LDEM: 9% (-2)
GRN: 5% (+1)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20207 on: November 14, 2022, 07:03:13 pm »
Honeymoon? It lasted about as long as a one night stand
3 minutes?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #20208 on: November 14, 2022, 08:26:59 pm »
https://mobile.twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1592202085189156869

LAB: 50% (+1)
CON: 26% (-2)
LDEM: 9% (-2)
GRN: 5% (+1)

Wait til after the budget on Thursday, reckon it it will be even worse for the Tories
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #20209 on: November 14, 2022, 08:29:54 pm »
Wait til after the budget on Thursday, reckon it it will be even worse for the Tories
Good point.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20210 on: November 14, 2022, 08:30:35 pm »
The mail will hail it as a true Thatcherite budget…

W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20211 on: November 14, 2022, 08:39:07 pm »

Aye. They're boxed in and will have to make a lot of shitty decisions that can only make them even more unpopular (if that's even possible).
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20212 on: November 14, 2022, 08:44:27 pm »
The mail will hail it as a true Thatcherite budget…
Senior Tories still quoting things Thatcher said in the 1980s in 2022 says a lot about them.  As does our idiotic press getting themselves in a tizzy because of it.  As much as Brexit and Johnson swung some previous Labour voters to the dark side I'm quite sure that even the mention of Thatcher will swing a lot of them back.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20213 on: November 14, 2022, 08:58:08 pm »

It won’t until people actually see their pay reduce.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20214 on: November 14, 2022, 10:24:40 pm »
Government reading the mood correctly again as Cleverly prepares for his freebie jaunt to the World Cup.

https://news.sky.com/story/foreign-secretary-james-cleverly-to-visit-qatar-for-world-cup-amid-calls-for-boycott-12747735

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #20215 on: November 14, 2022, 10:30:16 pm »
It won’t until people actually see their pay reduce.
Agree. I doubt they can do anything significant enough to dent the interest rate rises either.

The best economic news I've seen this month is the fed outlook that they think they've got the worst rises in the rear view mirror. Or words to that effect. Hopefully we are approaching the peak. Although still bloody painful.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20216 on: November 15, 2022, 07:23:13 am »
Jobless rate creeping up and vacancies falling.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63624996

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20217 on: November 15, 2022, 09:24:22 am »
Jobless rate creeping up and vacancies falling.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63624996

Consequence of increased costs to businesses? Just not possible to pay for more staff, even if needed?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20218 on: November 15, 2022, 10:00:13 am »
So Kier starter admits labours immigration policy is basically the same as the tories the same tories who have been slated for there immigration stance. Shameful.
Use the Labour thread!

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #20219 on: November 15, 2022, 10:00:21 am »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-63526167.amp

It would presumably be this - KS saying we should be training and recruiting more of our own rather than being reliant on overseas recruitment.

Not even slightly in line with the Tories views on immigration

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #20220 on: November 15, 2022, 10:05:14 am »

It would presumably be this - KS saying we should be training and recruiting more of our own rather than being reliant on overseas recruitment.

But, but, Keith……or something.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20221 on: November 15, 2022, 10:49:05 am »
So Kier starter admits labours immigration policy is basically the same as the tories the same tories who have been slated for there immigration stance. Shameful.

I dont think Starmer plans on deporting them to Rwanda or delaying the processing to create an enemy and a problem to fix.

Id like to see the ability to apply for Asylum outside the country, but I dont see the policies as the same.

Not radical enough, sure, but not the same.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20222 on: November 15, 2022, 11:04:31 am »
He won’t but he’s admitted himself him and the tories are very similar he’s already gone all nationalistic and patriotic and he’s a proven liar so we will see what happens but he’s already in his previous job opened 24 hour courts and jailed people for stealing a bottle of water and he also wants harsher punishments for protestors haha what a true man of the working class he is

I'll take a comma and a fullstop for 3 please Bob.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20223 on: November 15, 2022, 11:14:30 am »

I knew full well what it was going to be ;D

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20224 on: November 15, 2022, 11:18:05 am »

Almost as if the words came straight out Bravermans mouth!  ::)

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20225 on: November 15, 2022, 11:23:33 am »
He won’t but he’s admitted himself him and the tories are very similar he’s already gone all nationalistic and patriotic and he’s a proven liar so we will see what happens but he’s already in his previous job opened 24 hour courts and jailed people for stealing a bottle of water and he also wants harsher punishments for protestors haha what a true man of the working class he is

So hes not planning on using Rwanda . So not the same.
Can you tell me where
he’s admitted himself him and the tories are very similar

I'd be surprised, given his current raison d'etre is to "not be the Tories."

The Courts and Tribunals Service, wrongly IMO, asked for harsher punishment for crimes during the riots, can we legitimately blame Starmer for that?

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20226 on: November 15, 2022, 11:57:28 am »
So hes not planning on using Rwanda . So not the same.
Can you tell me where .

I'd be surprised, given his current raison d'etre is to "not be the Tories."

The Courts and Tribunals Service, wrongly IMO, asked for harsher punishment for crimes during the riots, can we legitimately blame Starmer for that?

He did say in a radio interview a few weeks ago:
“Now we don’t have free movement any more, then you either have a pure numbers game or you have a points-based system that says ‘well, for certain types of jobs, certain types of roles here, you would get a number of points’. I think that makes sense.

“So, in that sense, not a great deal between the major parties on immigration.
It's been seized out of context a bit though, clumsy wording perhaps but he goes on to list all of the ways in which his policy is different to the Tories, including the Rwanda policy.

You can hear it in context here from 24:15:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA8gg08kkok

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20227 on: November 15, 2022, 12:00:09 pm »
Just seen the £ is at $1.187  8) nowhere to be seen on the news though…

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20228 on: November 15, 2022, 12:14:12 pm »
He did say in a radio interview a few weeks ago:It's been seized out of context a bit though, clumsy wording perhaps but he goes on to list all of the ways in which his policy is different to the Tories, including the Rwanda policy.

You can hear it in context here from 24:15:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA8gg08kkok

Thanks for the link

So again they are not the same.
Im not a great fan of Starmer and cant really be arsed spending all day defending him, but it gets on my nerves when people use shite arguments.

Im not shooting the messenger here btw

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20229 on: November 15, 2022, 12:26:00 pm »
Thanks for the link

So again they are not the same.
Im not a great fan of Starmer and cant really be arsed spending all day defending him, but it gets on my nerves when people use shite arguments.

Im not shooting the messenger here btw

Its the same as 'All politicians are the same' argument, as though thats a reason not to bring in a new party and stick with the incumbent.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20230 on: November 15, 2022, 12:36:25 pm »
Yeah, agree.  There is plenty about Starmer that makes me uneasy but this kind of thing is just arguing in bad faith.

The bottle of water thing was a new one to me though ;D

During the riots and looting in 2011 there was a directive to be tougher on crimes that were related to the riots.

So if someone stole from a shop that had been smashed up, it was a harsher punishment than general shoplifting.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20231 on: November 15, 2022, 12:37:10 pm »
Pru Leith's Nazi son (she is also a Nazi) on Politics Live. Chats utter shite.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20232 on: November 15, 2022, 12:41:41 pm »
During the riots and looting in 2011 there was a directive to be tougher on crimes that were related to the riots.

So if someone stole from a shop that had been smashed up, it was a harsher punishment than general shoplifting.

Yeah, I was just trying to find the backstory.  It turned out that the guy pleaded guilty to the police and was sentenced by a magistrate, had nothing to do with the CPS let alone Starmer.  Another lie.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20233 on: November 15, 2022, 12:44:50 pm »
Yeah, I was just trying to find the backstory.  It turned out that the guy pleaded guilty to the police and was sentenced by a magistrate, had nothing to do with the CPS let alone Starmer.  Another lie.

Its a new one for me, no idea if he would have been responsible for this harsh policy or not.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20234 on: November 15, 2022, 01:41:33 pm »
Just seen the £ is at $1.187  8) nowhere to be seen on the news though…

Now 1.20!!

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20235 on: November 15, 2022, 01:52:56 pm »
Now 1.20!!
Back at the dizzying heights not seen since... August 2022.  Still the lowest it's been since 1985 (and a very brief period at the start of the pandemic when Johnson tried to play chicken with Covid-19).

If nothing else though it may give the BoE a bit of wriggle room and let them raise the base rate a bit less than was previously the case.

Offline Studgotelli

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20236 on: November 15, 2022, 02:02:24 pm »
Back at the dizzying heights not seen since... August 2022.  Still the lowest it's been since 1985 (and a very brief period at the start of the pandemic when Johnson tried to play chicken with Covid-19).

If nothing else though it may give the BoE a bit of wriggle room and let them raise the base rate a bit less than was previously the case.

Ha yeah in the grand scheme of things a long way still to go!

Online Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #20237 on: November 15, 2022, 03:52:23 pm »
My cousins wife (whose a dentist) and my mates sister (whose an actual doctor) both now do more Botox work then actually what they are trained for because it’s more money, less stress, chose your own hours etc
The doctors I work with (outside of NHS - GPs, Orthos, Neurosurgeons, ENTs, Dentist, Psychs) are doing exactly that - private work, and are doing half the hours of their primary work and are absolutely raking it in.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20238 on: November 15, 2022, 07:16:24 pm »

$2.05 when we went to Florida in 2007, $1.27 by the time we went back in 2017.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #20239 on: November 15, 2022, 10:09:15 pm »
$2.05 when we went to Florida in 2007, $1.27 by the time we went back in 2017.

A pint was like $1.50.  Fucking shite mind.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.