Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 333222 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The weather
« Reply #1320 on: June 10, 2019, 08:38:33 pm »
Can somebody please remind 2019 that's it's June and not fucking March?  :wanker
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1321 on: June 10, 2019, 09:26:22 pm »
Can somebody please remind 2019 that's it's June and not fucking March?  :wanker

We had our June back in February. :(
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1322 on: June 10, 2019, 09:33:37 pm »

Sadly shit weather in June is nothing new, I've been on the Isle of Man for the TT and the weather was foul, cold and raining. I also remember reading years ago that D-Day was almost ruined by the weather and on the one day they had a break in the weather, it was still windy and a bit shit
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1323 on: June 10, 2019, 11:10:22 pm »
There is a lot more rain forecast over the next few days.  ::)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1324 on: June 11, 2019, 01:35:51 am »
Sadly shit weather in June is nothing new, I've been on the Isle of Man for the TT and the weather was foul, cold and raining. I also remember reading years ago that D-Day was almost ruined by the weather and on the one day they had a break in the weather, it was still windy and a bit shit

Yep, apparently a few days before d-day forecasts were showing there was going to be one storm, immediately following another storm, however, as the day got nearer, the forecast for the day started showing a brief interlude between 2 weather fronts starting overnight 5th & 6th June but still going to be a bit rough. Eisenhower however had little choice to give the order to ahead regardless of the weather, as the 6th was the last time the tides would have been right, next time the tides would have been right would have been July, such a postponement would have been disastrous.
#Sausages

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1325 on: June 11, 2019, 07:46:50 am »
Just been out to the put something in the bin, it is freezing cold out there, the wind is more like a winter wind. The house feels cold too.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1326 on: June 11, 2019, 07:56:08 am »
My phone says it’s 11 degrees ::)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1327 on: June 11, 2019, 07:57:18 am »
My phone says it’s 11 degrees ::)

I doubt it is as warm as that :no

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #1328 on: June 11, 2019, 07:57:39 am »
On the Fylde Coast it's cloudy and pretty chilly.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1329 on: June 11, 2019, 08:17:20 am »
Bit wet out

Nice day to find out one of my boots has a hole in the sole. Going to end up with trench foot by the end of the day.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1330 on: June 11, 2019, 08:22:54 am »
It's mad, I remember going out in a t-shirt in February, today it's big coat.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1331 on: June 11, 2019, 08:23:46 am »
What a God awful miserable day it is today.  Cold, wet, windy, it's June for christsake, sort yourself out weather!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1332 on: June 11, 2019, 09:04:51 am »
I, for one, absolutely love this weather. Keep the heat away and I'll be a happy chappy.

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1333 on: June 11, 2019, 09:07:27 am »
I, for one, absolutely love this weather. Keep the heat away and I'll be a happy chappy.

I’m the same. Prefer the winter over summer. Easier to warm up than it is to get cooler. And better for running in too (apart from when it icey of course)

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1334 on: June 11, 2019, 09:53:10 am »
I’m the same. Prefer the winter over summer. Easier to warm up than it is to get cooler. And better for running in too (apart from when it icey of course)

Yeah seriously, I never get the infatuation with the heat. Imagine needing to shower every 5 minutes as you sit in your own sweat. Make me so uncomfortable. Sleepless nights, hot days  as the fan begins to blow hot air and just makes things worse is just a massive NO from me.

Winter days all you need to do is wrap up and you're fine.

Winter > Summer

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1335 on: June 11, 2019, 09:58:41 am »
Yeah seriously, I never get the infatuation with the heat. Imagine needing to shower every 5 minutes as you sit in your own sweat. Make me so uncomfortable. Sleepless nights, hot days  as the fan begins to blow hot air and just makes things worse is just a massive NO from me.

Winter days all you need to do is wrap up and you're fine.

Winter > Summer

Exactly. Get a shower on holiday. Get dry, straight away your wet again with sweat. Bring me the cold any day.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1336 on: June 11, 2019, 06:17:12 pm »
We had our June back in February. :(

Yeah.  We're basically into a 5 month long autumn  :-\

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1337 on: June 11, 2019, 06:21:22 pm »
Yep, apparently a few days before d-day forecasts were showing there was going to be one storm, immediately following another storm, however, as the day got nearer, the forecast for the day started showing a brief interlude between 2 weather fronts starting overnight 5th & 6th June but still going to be a bit rough. Eisenhower however had little choice to give the order to ahead regardless of the weather, as the 6th was the last time the tides would have been right, next time the tides would have been right would have been July, such a postponement would have been disastrous.

Turned out to be fortuitous in the end though.  June 6 was Rommel's wife's birthday so he picked that day to head back to Germany for a bit.

Slept under two duvets and a fluffy blanket last night.  I'm not too bad in the day though.  This is a brand new building I'm in and it's rated B for energy efficiency.  I'd have needed the heating on in my old place because it's a concrete ice cube, but here the internal temp is 20C

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1338 on: June 11, 2019, 06:26:12 pm »
Turned out to be fortuitous in the end though.  June 6 was Rommel's wife's birthday so he picked that day to head back to Germany for a bit.

Slept under two duvets and a fluffy blanket last night.  I'm not too bad in the day though.  This is a brand new building I'm in and it's rated B for energy efficiency.  I'd have needed the heating on in my old place because it's a concrete ice cube, but here the internal temp is 20C

I believe at that time, the German weather forecasting wasn't as advanced as Britain's was, the Germans were forecasting the storm continuing for a week, so Rommel took the time off to visit his wife for her birthday, thinking the weather was going to be far too bad for an invasion.
#Sausages

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1339 on: June 11, 2019, 06:57:45 pm »
My flat is freezing.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1340 on: June 11, 2019, 07:01:40 pm »
I believe at that time, the German weather forecasting wasn't as advanced as Britain's was, the Germans were forecasting the storm continuing for a week, so Rommel took the time off to visit his wife for her birthday, thinking the weather was going to be far too bad for an invasion.

Yeah something like that.  I think the Germans may have also forecast the 24 hour break in the weather though, but Rommel figured they wouldn't try to invade in such a short space of time.  Could be wrong on that though.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1341 on: June 11, 2019, 07:02:34 pm »
My flat is freezing.

Housecoat and a hot water bottle normally gets me through.  And maybe some soup as well.  Cheaper than putting the heating on. :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1342 on: June 11, 2019, 07:31:30 pm »
We've had the heating on, it is June FFS :no

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1343 on: June 11, 2019, 07:33:22 pm »
Disgusting weather, feels like November. Just glad I've got two holidays to look forward to otherwise this would be more depressing than it is.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
The weather
« Reply #1344 on: June 11, 2019, 09:28:32 pm »
Depressing and miserable.
Even if July and August are good, that’s two fair months out of 12. Winter was dreadful and long, spring was a freezing bag of shit and now this.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1345 on: June 11, 2019, 09:50:55 pm »

Feels more like July. +24C indoor and it won't get any cooler for a couple of months. Reminder to self: get that air con before they are sold out next year...

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1346 on: June 11, 2019, 10:23:19 pm »
Well, I've been watching telly under a fleecy blanket this evening.

I was also out in shorts in February.

The weather is nuts.  :o
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1347 on: June 11, 2019, 10:26:44 pm »
It's typical Lake District weather when you are stuck in a caravan and a ten minute hike to the shower block.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1348 on: June 11, 2019, 11:02:52 pm »
We've had the heating on, it is June FFS :no
Likewise mate!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1349 on: June 11, 2019, 11:10:55 pm »
It's typical Lake District weather when you are stuck in a caravan and a ten minute hike to the shower block.

Reminds me of our last two camping trips.

Braithwaite in the Lakes. Two man tent with my girlfriend. Flooded out.

Bryn Gloch, Snowdonia. Five man tent with same girlfriend. We climb Snowdon then have the tent destroyed next day by winds over 50mph and torrential rain. To cap it off, I climbed Snowdon without incident ... then slipped over on a wet floor in the chippy on the way back to the site with a celebratory Chinese.  :butt

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1350 on: June 12, 2019, 08:51:58 am »
The 10.5 tog duvet came out last night.

I've never thrown a sickie but when I opened the front door this morning for about 5 seconds I thought about noping the entire day off and going back to bed

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1351 on: June 12, 2019, 08:55:50 am »
The 10.5 tog duvet came out last night.

I've never thrown a sickie but when I opened the front door this morning for about 5 seconds I thought about noping the entire day off and going back to bed

My duvet splits into a 9 tog and 4.5 tog. Was under both last night, and a fleece blanket. Didn't even overheat.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1352 on: June 12, 2019, 01:45:05 pm »
Hard to think this time last year it was 25C plus, & glorious, i'm blaming the Cricket[well at least the Cricket World Cup], as soon as we have a major sporting event like Cricket, that requires it to be dry, the weather turns to shit.
#Sausages

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1353 on: June 14, 2019, 11:46:13 am »
Download festival looks a bit damp

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1354 on: June 14, 2019, 12:34:02 pm »
^
Looks a nightmare. I read that lots of people have given up and gone home because of the conditions there.

On another note, why do so many British people not know which way around their own flag should be flown?
Yet another upside down Union Flag there.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1355 on: June 19, 2019, 09:48:34 pm »
Finally we have a proper summers night. Lovely clear skies, still very light and nice and warm.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1356 on: June 20, 2019, 01:07:17 am »
Working in the Canadian Rockies this "Summer". Forecast says it'll snow tonight. 

Still better than wildfires from previous years I guess. ;D

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1357 on: June 20, 2019, 08:57:13 am »
Finally we have a proper summers night. Lovely clear skies, still very light and nice and warm.

Down in Bournemouth, the complete opposite. Absolutely pissed it down all night.

Great ;D
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1358 on: June 20, 2019, 10:46:50 am »
Potential heatwave hitting later next week. Likely impacting the SE quarter primarily, but hopefully spreading further north & west also.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1359 on: June 20, 2019, 01:00:35 pm »
Walked out the door this morning and it was pissing it down so swapped to my hooded jacket. Now its sunny and hot so going to look like an idiot walking home later