Author Topic: Documentary: Hillsborough: Smears, Survivors & The Search For Truth, 12th Dec  (Read 32812 times)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Re: Documentary: Hillsborough: Smears, Survivors & The Search For Truth, 12th Dec
« Reply #200 on: December 13, 2016, 12:16:51 am »
That Dave Richards is a bastard of the highest oreder there has to be a campaign to get this evil twat fucked off the FA council,if MPs have voted to try and get Philip Green stripped of his knighthood this weasel has to lose his poxy title too the fucking scumbag.

Agree, what a horrible excuse for a 'man'.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
Re: Documentary: Hillsborough: Smears, Survivors & The Search For Truth, 12th Dec
« Reply #201 on: December 13, 2016, 12:19:09 am »
3 minutes ago
@syptweet #couldyoubeacop mabe i could but not for your force im not bent enough #sickeningcoverup #areyouashamed #jft96
Kenny Godglish

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: December 13, 2016, 12:20:56 am »
Great work by all involved. Doesnt leave me with much faith in the IPCC though. I hope Im wrong.
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #203 on: December 13, 2016, 12:27:55 am »
I'm not in the least bit surprised that they altered referee Lewis's statement.  They altered hundreds of other statements, so one more would have been no skin off their noses.  If you're going to conspire to besmirch an entire club and city you don't do half measures.

And of course 'Sir' Dave spread lies fed by the cops. His club didn't have a valid safety cert, so it was in his interest to deflect the blame.

Tenacious Kennedy is a true hero.

A-fucking-men
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #204 on: December 13, 2016, 12:35:02 am »
I get that the IPCC have thousands of pieces of "evidence" to sift through before deciding if there's a case to answer but if they're dismissing, so casually, obvious alterations to evidence that backs up various other claims of a cover up either they have sufficient evidence not to need it or they aren't taking this seriously.  The conflict of interest with Daniels statement also being dismissed as not significant is another.

Foolishly I believed that nothing more would be brushed under the carpet, that after the HIP report came out and the new Inquest verdicts were given that prosecutions of all those involved would be brought, fucking hell I couldn't have been more wrong.

I'm worried that a few periphery figures will be scapegoated but the main protagonists will escape any further inspection.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: December 13, 2016, 01:04:50 am »
For anyone who missed the documentary. Some buffering which couldn't be helped when capturing so my sincerest apologies for that to all.

http://dai.ly/x5522xl
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: December 13, 2016, 01:16:36 am »
For anyone who missed the documentary. Some buffering which couldn't be helped when capturing so my sincerest apologies for that to all.

Thank you for that.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #207 on: December 13, 2016, 01:32:27 am »
It's up on Youtube now too :

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/phEblvBPpvo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/phEblvBPpvo</a>

(Hope you don't mind me posting that too Harinder after you went to the trouble of recording it)

RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Red_Hugh

• Main Stander
« Reply #208 on: December 13, 2016, 01:33:40 am »
West Midlands c***s interviewed me, they did not want to hear my version of events, they just had a set load of questions, after seeing the programme tonight it rekindled memories of how they treated me.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #209 on: December 13, 2016, 02:05:46 am »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/phEblvBPpvo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/phEblvBPpvo</a>

(Hope you don't mind me posting that too Harinder after you went to the trouble of recording it)

Watching now, ta.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: December 13, 2016, 02:14:22 am »

Not at all! Anything that makes it available for people is helpful
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: December 13, 2016, 02:23:35 am »
Many thanks. I got a fucking virus from a file i'd downloaded earlier today when streaming the original showing on ITV from my pc and had to restore windows so missed it.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 03:08:17 am by Marty 85 »

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #212 on: December 13, 2016, 02:58:30 am »
There's not much to be said that hasn't already. But when you think it can't get worse, it sometimes does.

Thanks to all who were in that who told their story.

And special thanks to those who work tirelessly to expose the lies.

( and no virus on mine when watching from the youtube version)
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: December 13, 2016, 03:11:52 am »
Apologies mate, I wasn't clear and edited the above post. The links grand, I was watching a live stream of the documentary on my PC and the virus was from a dodgy file I'd downloaded earlier that caused me to miss it.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #214 on: December 13, 2016, 06:46:34 am »
Incredible work finding all the extra evidence that tells us so much more, nothing but respect. well done.
Indeed it is incredible.....

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rednose54

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #215 on: December 13, 2016, 07:12:21 am »
We`ve seen on here how Tenacious, has researched ,scrutinised, and fought, obviously aided by others, I am not articulated enough to begin to praise you all in your work. That airing tonight was remarkably brilliant, A humble scouser doffs his cap to you all, you should all be proud for your valiant efforts. I feared like many the authorities would escape justice, this piece of television might just have a few leeches losing sleep, long may it continue.
LIVERPOOL FC SHOULD NOT PLAY A GAME OF FOOTBALL ON THE 15TH APRIL.

NOT THIS YEAR OR ANY YEAR.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: December 13, 2016, 07:22:23 am »

Thanks. Couldn't watch it yesterday and probably won't have much time until the end of the week to watch it properly.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: December 13, 2016, 08:07:43 am »
West Midlands c***s interviewed me, they did not want to hear my version of events, they just had a set load of questions, after seeing the programme tonight it rekindled memories of how they treated me.

Have you asked to see your statement, Hugh?

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #218 on: December 13, 2016, 08:37:13 am »
Have you asked to see your statement, Hugh?
Have you been in touch with the IPCC?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #219 on: December 13, 2016, 10:56:56 am »
Well done to everyone involved in making the programme. 

An angry and upsetting watch.

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #220 on: December 13, 2016, 11:08:02 am »
Shocking revelations again last night.We'll never know the full extent of it,however the tireless efforts from all involved in tackling this cover up have already got some brilliant results in exposing this country's shame so far.Hopefully there's a lot more to come.You all have my utmost respect for your efforts.
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #221 on: December 13, 2016, 12:33:06 pm »
We've probably just learnt less than 1% of it in that programme mate.

And that is the worrying thing. I found it harrowing, shocking but sadly was unsurprised by the sheer scale of the cover up and the levels these vermin have reached to cover their sorry arses.

As others have said, Tenacious Kennedy, truly inspiring and should be recognised by the city accordingly.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: December 13, 2016, 12:34:33 pm »
Has much of the media picked up on this today?

Online Pie Eyed

• More like Eagle Eyed! Looking to sub Lfsea.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: December 13, 2016, 01:00:02 pm »
I just finished watching it.  Couldn't face it last night, as there's no way I would have slept.

I really don't know how I either do or should feel right now.

It start with anger within the first 5 minutes, then slowly became a silent, seething rage.

I can feel the pressure behind my eyeballs, as if they want to burst.

I wasn't at Hillsborough (thank the gods), and "only" had to endure watching it unfold in front of me live on-screen, but as a Liverpool fan for as long as I can remember - even just as a human being - those images were burned in to my mind and have never been forgotten.

I know by now that I shouldn't be surprised any more by further revelations of how the smear campaign was run (and succeeded for over 20 years, outside of the city/club), but I am - every fucking time.

To hear from the actual witnesses how statements were changed, witnesses intimidated, WMP just accepting that whatever bullshit statements were fed to them from SYP were to be taken as gospel and never questioned - and *then* to both see & hear that absolute fucking c*nt, Sumner, claim that the jury got it wrong makes me want to fucking scream.

How these bastards got away with it for so long will be a fucking mystery for the ages - there were enough attempts at uncovering the truth before, but none were taken seriously enough.

And as for the requests for any/all "Sirs" who were involved in this to have the honours removed - Bollocks.  That's just the fucking start.

Lying under oath, misconduct in office (or whatever it's called), witness intimidation, evidence tampering,  interference with an investigation and just generally being a low-life piece of fucking shit are all reasons that each and every one of these fuckers that was involved - whether they are/were a PC, a detective, a chief inspector or a fucking MP should be PROSECUTED and LOCKED-THE-FUCK-UP.

Sorry for the rant, but it has taken almost 30 years to get to where we are now, and we've STILL not got the whole fucking truth.

Maybe after the IPCC finishes its so-called investigation in the new year, we might have more of it - but I have ZERO faith that we will ever get all of it, and even less that anyone will ever face true justice for almost-3-decades-long cover-up.

*** edit ***

Sorry - Forgot to give thanks to EVERYONE who made this happen, and special thanks to Tenacious Kennedy (and all the unnamed) for the time and effort that they have put in to scutinizing the half-million or so documents.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 01:03:13 pm by Pie Eyed »
Jürgen Klopp (26 June 2020)
"We were good 4 years ago.  We were really good 3 years ago.  We were unbelievably good last year.  And this year it is absolutely exceptional.  Second to none that I know."

King Kenny to Jürgen (25 June 2020):
"I think your Da' must've been on our side during the war, because you seem like a scouser to me." :D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #224 on: December 13, 2016, 01:00:14 pm »
Pardon my ignorance but are Tenacious Kennedy and the Wrong Kennedy two different people then? The Wrong Kennedy I'd Adrian who wrote the book right? Somewhere along the line I've got mixed up (no typo).

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #225 on: December 13, 2016, 01:03:38 pm »
Pardon my ignorance but are Tenacious Kennedy and the Wrong Kennedy two different people then? The Wrong Kennedy I'd Adrian who wrote the book right? Somewhere along the line I've got mixed up (no typo).

Wrong Kennedy/Tenacious Kennedy - one person, two accounts on the Twitters, The Tenacious Kennedy on here.
That Kennedy Moment - Adrian Tempany, formerly of this Parish.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #226 on: December 13, 2016, 01:04:56 pm »
Of course, too many Kennedys!

Online whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #227 on: December 13, 2016, 01:40:58 pm »
The programme was a depressing litany of dissembling, obfuscation and deceit.

However I do worry that the pretty well rehearsed case against the Police cover-up campaign is dulling the equally pressing need to pursue those just as responsible. Specifically, Sheffield Wednesday,  the Licensing Authority, Sheffield City Council, the FA, and the League.

Offline Andy G

• has just had sex. Possibly with Martin Tyler
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • They shot the wrong bloody Kennedy
« Reply #228 on: December 13, 2016, 02:07:20 pm »
The programme was a depressing litany of dissembling, obfuscation and deceit.

However I do worry that the pretty well rehearsed case against the Police cover-up campaign is dulling the equally pressing need to pursue those just as responsible. Specifically, Sheffield Wednesday,  the Licensing Authority, Sheffield City Council, the FA, and the League.

I would suggest that the Police cover up is what has ruined the lives of so many of the survivors and perhaps even the families more than anything.  I can cope with genuine mistakes, but what I can't cope with is the failure to learn from near misses, and more so, trying to deflect the blame onto innocent parties.  Until 12/09/12, I was responsible for my friend's deaths.  23 years of having to live with that is more than the average person can deal with, and many have not.  Then it comes to light the extent of the cover up; by the very entity that is there for our protection, beyond comprehension.  Most of those responsible for creating that hell for thousands of victims, are sitting with a regular police pension. Millions in taxpayers money given to those who acted illegally in public office.  Millions of tax payers money in a whitewashed scrutiny, the HIP report and then millions more at the new inquests that were scheduled for 6 months and went on for 2 years because of the same discredited lies being repeated.  Now, it would seem, millions more on Operation Resolve and the IPCC investigations, both of which are seemingly heading towards another white wash,  Then the millions of future pounds in potential further litigation should that be the case.  Sorry to talk about money, as this is insignificant compared to the damage done over the years to innocent upstanding citizens.  Then consider the hours and financial input of those behind the Justice Campaign, and more recently the wonderful people on this website who have worked tirelessly to uncover this new evidence.  If a gong was worth shit, these are the people that should be getting them.

I know what you are saying (although don't quite understand the Football League's culpability), but the main cause of the disaster itself and the cover up was SYP and WMP and not these other entities - although they too should be targeted of course.  A Corrupt Police (and Government) being exposed has a direct affect on the whole country.  They need to know that they cannot get away with this sort of thing.  And for that reason in itself, along with the others stated above, they should be our main targets.

I am sorry if I am speaking out of turn in relation to other survivor's or family members thoughts on this matter.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 02:14:07 pm by Andy G »
Emancipate your selves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Online whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #229 on: December 13, 2016, 02:39:13 pm »
I would suggest that the Police cover up is what has ruined the lives of so many of the survivors and perhaps even the families more than anything.  I can cope with genuine mistakes, but what I can't cope with is the failure to learn from near misses, and more so, trying to deflect the blame onto innocent parties.  Until 12/09/12, I was responsible for my friend's deaths.  23 years of having to live with that is more than the average person can deal with, and many have not.  Then it comes to light the extent of the cover up; by the very entity that is there for our protection, beyond comprehension.  Most of those responsible for creating that hell for thousands of victims, are sitting with a regular police pension. Millions in taxpayers money given to those who acted illegally in public office.  Millions of tax payers money in a whitewashed scrutiny, the HIP report and then millions more at the new inquests that were scheduled for 6 months and went on for 2 years because of the same discredited lies being repeated.  Now, it would seem, millions more on Operation Resolve and the IPCC investigations, both of which are seemingly heading towards another white wash,  Then the millions of future pounds in potential further litigation should that be the case.  Sorry to talk about money, as this is insignificant compared to the damage done over the years to innocent upstanding citizens.  Then consider the hours and financial input of those behind the Justice Campaign, and more recently the wonderful people on this website who have worked tirelessly to uncover this new evidence.  If a gong was worth shit, these are the people that should be getting them.

I know what you are saying (although don't quite understand the Football League's culpability), but the main cause of the disaster itself and the cover up was SYP and WMP and not these other entities - although they too should be targeted of course.  A Corrupt Police (and Government) being exposed has a direct affect on the whole country.  They need to know that they cannot get away with this sort of thing.  And for that reason in itself, along with the others stated above, they should be our main targets.

I am sorry if I am speaking out of turn in relation to other survivor's or family members thoughts on this matter.
You are not speaking out of turn at all. It’s what you think.

I too was there that day, on the Upper Tier. We all have our own stories, and memories.

My own view is that there is an important distinction to be drawn between the Police’s actions before the disaster, and after.

After, the Police were wholly, and exclusively, responsible for systematic deceit. Those responsible for that deceit should be punished.

Before is an entirely different story. Sheffield Wednesday were aware that the safety certificate had lapsed. That carries with it a criminal liability. The lapsed safety certificate did not allow for the changes made when the pens and fences were introduced. Sheffield Wednesday should be sued.

The FA, who staged cup semi- finals , and allowed cup ties to be held there, and the League, who allowed league fixtures to be staged there, should also be sued for not ensuring that games played at grounds under their control when in breach of legal obligations to have a valid safety certificate.

The Licensing Authority, and Council, are also culpable for allowing football games to be played at a ground which they knew had no safety certificate.

We are all agreed that the cover up and defamation of our support are wrongs that need to be righted.

But the above soft, sitting, glaring targets remain there to be shot at, and should be. They have loved the focus of attention being on the Police-to their benefit.

Offline Andy G

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: December 13, 2016, 03:28:21 pm »
and the League, who allowed league fixtures to be staged there, should also be sued for not ensuring that games played at grounds under their control when in breach of legal obligations to have a valid safety certificate.

Fair play lad, I had not thought of that as I was only thinking about the day itself.  The Police must be the main target and should not be dulled.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 03:29:59 pm by Andy G »
Emancipate your selves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Andy G

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: December 13, 2016, 03:31:30 pm »
Of course, too many Kennedys!

Ray Kennedy, Alan Kennedy and Kenny Deglish?

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #232 on: December 13, 2016, 03:54:31 pm »
Just watched the documentary. I wasn't born in 1989, but I have been passionate about getting justice since I have been old enough to understand. I have so much admiration for the victims, survivors and families, who have gotten this far. You are all heroes.

I am filled with a lot of emotion after watching that. I think the biggest one is anger. Raw fucking anger.

JFT96
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #233 on: December 13, 2016, 03:55:12 pm »
The thing is that if Taylor hadn't seen through the initial Police lies then nothing would of changed and the death trap terraces would of continued. As people have said people are only human and mistakes do happen. It was the culture though of never admitting mistakes and never putting things right that meant the warning from the near misses were never heeded and 96 people died needlessly.

To then compound those mistakes by smearing the very people they had failed takes a special kind of evil. That for me is why the Police who decided to smear and blame the survivors who were so traumatised by Hillsborough need to pay the price for their actions.

After that as whiteboots says there are plenty of other people culpable for the disaster.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: December 13, 2016, 04:01:46 pm »
Now, it would seem, millions more on Operation Resolve and the IPCC investigations, both of which are seemingly heading towards another white wash,

I agree with you but as we enter 2017, we should not leave them in any doubt that we won't accept that. We are not voiceless now. We are eloquent, with journalists among our number. We are not fodder for the misinformation of the Patnicks of this world. We have good parliamentarians on our side. We will not accept a whitewash. We will not accept excuses of 'unfit to face trial.' We want them held accountable, from Duckenfield to the 'horse whisperers.' Big, small, braid on their shoulders or not -- the whole damn lot.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #235 on: December 13, 2016, 04:16:22 pm »
My abiding memory of watching things unfold on TV was of the "official" news being fed to us by the FA via the BBC, Graham Kelly in particular peddled the line (fed to him by whomever) that Liverpool fans had forced their way into the ground and caused the crush. He could not have gone out of his way more to shift the blame from the FA (in particular) to the fans. He just seemed to be desperate to protect his sainted employers whilst the bodies were still warm on the pitch and terrace - with very little concern for the dead. He and the FA seem to have skated from their part in abetting a cover-up that suited them very much.

The British Establishment - corrupt to the core. Who would have thought it?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online whiteboots

• Kopite
« Reply #236 on: December 13, 2016, 04:30:06 pm »
The thing is that if Taylor hadn't seen through the initial Police lies then nothing would of changed and the death trap terraces would of continued. As people have said people are only human and mistakes do happen. It was the culture though of never admitting mistakes and never putting things right that meant the warning from the near misses were never heeded and 96 people died needlessly.
I agree Al.

And the biggest memorial to the 96 are the fine modern stadia which have replaced the rat traps that went before.

If the Police had just told the truth about what had happened, they would have had far less to defend.

Unnecessary deaths, unnecessary lies, unnecessary grief.

Online Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #237 on: December 13, 2016, 09:22:47 pm »
Well done to everyone involved in putting it together. I hope it reached a wide audience.

As gully says above, the range and scale of the cover up is frightening. Makes the blood run cold and boil at the same time.

Offline InRed

• Kemlynite

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #239 on: December 13, 2016, 10:15:56 pm »
It would be interesting to see what a summary of all of the critical excerpts removed from the police officers at the stadium shows in terms of the incompetence on the day.

Has anyone compiled an overall picture/timeline of the events based on this redacted evidence?

Nothing in the programme surprised me. I suppose you become hardened to the pathetic deviousness of both police forces involved. I always thought it a bit odd that the discredited West Mids police was given the job of investigating South Yorks, but they were well used to fitting people up so would be a perfect choice.