Author Topic: Liverpool 4 Dortmund 3: One year on.  (Read 5353 times)

Offline JG6

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool 4 Dortmund 3: One year on.
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2017, 11:01:34 pm »
I just kept shaking my head in disbelief and saying 'no we haven't, no we havent' when everyone around me was going absolutely fucking mental. I just couldn't believe we'd pulled it off, one of the greatest nights I've ever had at Anfield. I don't care what anyone says, there isn't a single thing in the world that can match that feeling.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2017, 11:33:08 pm »
One of the best days of my adult life. Was 11 when Istanbul happened, but this was the first time that Liverpool has made me emotional as an adult. Cant believe that final.
Seen us win everything

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2017, 11:53:18 pm »
Can't believe we had to knock out United, Dortmund and Villarreal to meet Sevilla in the final, and this year United have faced dross.

Fucking great night.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2017, 01:01:03 am »
Can't believe we had to knock out United, Dortmund and Villarreal to meet Sevilla in the final, and this year United have faced dross.

Fucking great night.

Yeah, but can you see United doing what we did to Dortmund and Villarreal?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2017, 02:19:02 am »
What a game. What a night. Wish it had been before Good Friday last year though. The hangover at work was something else.

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2017, 05:30:35 am »
I had to give my ticket to a mate last minute due to work. The single stupidest decision I've ever made. Should have just taken the bollocking from work.

Offline Reu3403

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2017, 12:47:57 pm »
The lad sat next to me jumped over the barrier and hugged Klopp after dejan nodded it in. I was considering doing the same but my common sense got the better of me

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2017, 01:05:59 pm »
There was something magical about the atmosphere that night. Even when Reus put them 2 ahead, it felt like everyone around me (even in the main stand!) felt we were still in it.

Then after Coutinho's goal it felt like time was the only potential problem.....what a great night.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2017, 01:21:50 pm »
Was at the back of 306 that night and ended up about halfway down 206 when Lovren's goal went in.  Really had everything that night, an emotional YNWA before, a roller coaster ride throughtout and ending with that last minute winner.

The best game I've ever been to and one I'll never forget.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2017, 01:57:28 pm »
Yeah, but can you see United doing what we did to Dortmund and Villarreal?
Beating them? Nope. That's my point exactly, they've had a proper free run.

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2017, 11:52:50 am »
Great memories, but that's all they are. 12 months on Dortmund are in the knockout stages of the Champions League while we're trying to qualify. Progress from both teams without doubt but I can't get excited when I'm on the outside looking in.
Aside from that, an earlier poster referred to the lack of quality in this year's Europa League which Man U are still in. I couldn't agree more and it concerns me. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the winners get automatic entry into the qualifying rounds of the UCL. Does this mean we could miss out on qualification even if we make the top four? Similar situation to 05 when Everton finished above us (we set the precedent, I suppose, so I shouldn't start crying in my milk when it works against us).

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2017, 11:56:36 am »
Great memories, but that's all they are. 12 months on Dortmund are in the knockout stages of the Champions League while we're trying to qualify. Progress from both teams without doubt but I can't get excited when I'm on the outside looking in.
Aside from that, an earlier poster referred to the lack of quality in this year's Europa League which Man U are still in. I couldn't agree more and it concerns me. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the winners get automatic entry into the qualifying rounds of the UCL. Does this mean we could miss out on qualification even if we make the top four? Similar situation to 05 when Everton finished above us (we set the precedent, I suppose, so I shouldn't start crying in my milk when it works against us).

Only if both Leiceter and Man U win both their competitions will that come into play. But as we're aiming higher than that, you shouldn't worry about it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2017, 11:58:10 am »
Only if both Leiceter and Man U win both their competitions will that come into play. But as we're aiming higher than that, you shouldn't worry about it.

Ta for that.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2021, 04:26:56 pm »

A little late...

a compilation of content from the RAWK 'Liverpool audio/video thread' for the Dortmund match at the time - and also some of what was floating around online:-

www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.msg14598429#msg14598429

RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content for the match starts on Page 845 - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.33760

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2021, 08:37:08 pm »
Ahhhh one year on. Doesn't time fly.

I've actually ranked this games YNWA as one of 'DA BESTEST EVA'. It had perfect timing and pitch and then a seemless transition away from the record to the faster 'nearly full-time' version with a long finale - all without it splitting into two sides of the stadium singing it in different time (which can make or break a perfect YNWA).

I rank the Dortmund leg as the worst one ever. 70k tone-death bass-voiced Germans (no offence Germans, I love you but you can't sing) singing to a 80's synth euro-rock YNWA cover. NEIN DANKE.