Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 333247 times)

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
Re: The weather
« Reply #2240 on: September 30, 2020, 08:04:48 am »
It definitely feels like autumn is well and truly here today, dark, wet and miserable. When I started WFH in March/April it was glorious, sitting in the garden most days etc.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2241 on: September 30, 2020, 08:20:33 am »
Absolutely hammering down and blowing a gale here.

It was like the middle of summer yesterday.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2242 on: September 30, 2020, 09:21:21 am »
Grey and wet but quite warm here. Dropped the car off for a caliper to get changed and walked a mile and a half home and it was a nice pleasant walk. Yesterday was foggy as anything early doors, got better later but I was stuck inside doing an online training course.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #2243 on: September 30, 2020, 09:51:18 am »
I actually got sunburn yesterday doing some local bird watching - did have the back of my neck facing the sun for over an hour though  ::)

Now today I'm watching the rain through the window  :o

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2244 on: September 30, 2020, 10:25:08 am »
It sounds like rocks are landing on our roof.
And it's gone dark.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2245 on: October 12, 2020, 03:15:39 pm »
Was that snow in Liverpool city centre?  ??? ??? Or just really really large but light drops of rain blowing around?!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2246 on: October 12, 2020, 04:34:11 pm »
Was that snow in Liverpool city centre?  ??? ??? Or just really really large but light drops of rain blowing around?!
Looked like a heavy drizzle to me earlier on. It's 12 degrees C, so I can't imagine snowflakes making it to ground level with those sort of temperatures.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2247 on: October 13, 2020, 11:18:25 am »
Hammering down here,hope it washes all the seagull shit off the attic window.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2248 on: October 25, 2020, 03:28:39 pm »
Hate the first couple of weeks after the clocks go back, it's around 3.30pm but feels like it should be around 4.30pm.
#Sausages

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2249 on: October 25, 2020, 04:35:15 pm »
Hate the first couple of weeks after the clocks go back, it's around 3.30pm but feels like it should be around 4.30pm.

Yeah, your body knows its later than what the time says.

I actually didn't mind it this weekend, only because I was up at half 4 and started work at 6 yesterday, finished at 8 and was then back in at 6 this morning. That extra hours kip was well needed. I'll hate it during the week though
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #2250 on: October 26, 2020, 07:05:21 pm »
An old man's taking Polaroids
But all he catches
Is endless rain
Endless rain
Endless rain
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2251 on: October 28, 2020, 02:01:32 pm »
Yeah, your body knows its later than what the time says.

I actually didn't mind it this weekend, only because I was up at half 4 and started work at 6 yesterday, finished at 8 and was then back in at 6 this morning. That extra hours kip was well needed. I'll hate it during the week though

Yep, weekend isn't too bad, but today feels like it's dragging along, just gone 2pm feels like it should be just gone 3pm.
#Sausages

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2252 on: October 28, 2020, 03:31:01 pm »
Yep, weekend isn't too bad, but today feels like it's dragging along, just gone 2pm feels like it should be just gone 3pm.

I'm off with the kids this week and I think I'd better make their dinners, then realise its only 11 o'clock. I hate it when it gets to this time and know it will be dark in 90 minutes.

At least its not pissing down today, got drowned yesterday picking some stuff up from my storage unit and the garage is flooding because the gulley is full of leaves from the overgrown tree outside - I fucking hate Tories and AMEY.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2253 on: November 1, 2020, 08:24:13 pm »
It's stormy out, but weirdly the wind is quite warm, rather than what you expect for this time of year.
#Sausages

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #2254 on: November 3, 2020, 12:51:31 pm »
Was that thunder I heard ?
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2255 on: November 3, 2020, 12:52:48 pm »
I hope its a calmer when I cycle home.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2256 on: November 3, 2020, 01:25:47 pm »
Hailstones like golf balls here.
AHA!

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2257 on: November 3, 2020, 04:54:58 pm »
Hailstones like golf balls here.

Tell me about it! I was cycling at the time.  ::)

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2258 on: November 4, 2020, 08:59:34 am »
Freezing this morning but it looks like a spring day out there.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2259 on: December 7, 2020, 06:37:46 am »
I've been awake for half an hour and all I can hear is the sound of ice being scraped off windscreens.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2260 on: December 7, 2020, 09:05:40 am »
No ice, just a typical damp grey summers day in Manc.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2261 on: December 7, 2020, 10:24:31 am »
Just seen someone out wearing a t-shirt & shorts, it's around 4C.
#Sausages

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2262 on: December 7, 2020, 10:24:48 am »
No ice, just a typical damp grey summers day in Manc.

Dry and sunny now,not a cloud in the sky.

Still freezing but I prefer this to the mist and murk we normally have to put up with in December.

Online Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #2263 on: December 7, 2020, 11:46:12 am »
Just seen someone out wearing a t-shirt & shorts, it's around 4C.

I always wear just a T-Shirt as i very rarely feel the cold but not shorts at this time of year , but there was a few in Asda in shorts this morning
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2264 on: December 7, 2020, 12:32:30 pm »
I always wear just a T-Shirt as i very rarely feel the cold but not shorts at this time of year , but there was a few in Asda in shorts this morning

I've worn kecks about 50 times since March, the majority is at work of a weekend as we can't wear shorts in the trucks, but its full time shorts otherwise.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2265 on: December 8, 2020, 08:19:20 am »
absolutely pissing down here

but just had a hot bowl of porridge with banana and some maple syrup on so not all that bad

Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2266 on: December 8, 2020, 09:52:39 am »
absolutely pissing down here

but just had a hot bowl of porridge with banana and some maple syrup on so not all that bad

Its Manchester, so no surprise its pissing down here too, bit of sleet mixed in to it.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #2267 on: December 8, 2020, 09:55:19 am »
Vile.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2268 on: December 8, 2020, 12:19:53 pm »
Horrible, not much chance of cycling home now.  :butt

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2269 on: December 8, 2020, 01:14:37 pm »

Pah, when I was a kid I cycled to and from school in 15 feet of snow, 10 miles each way, holes in my shoes, no gloves and uphill there and back.

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2270 on: December 8, 2020, 03:15:01 pm »
Pah, when I was a kid I cycled to and from school in 15 feet of snow, 10 miles each way, holes in my shoes, no gloves and uphill there and back.

tish, when i was a lad we had to ride a bike with no tyres and no chain up a mountain and back down again with no brakes and all the time being beaten with a stick before we even had breakfast - which was a bowl full of dry oats with no milk and no spoon to eat it with

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #2271 on: December 8, 2020, 03:45:28 pm »
tish, when i was a lad we had to ride a bike with no tyres and no chain up a mountain and back down again with no brakes and all the time being beaten with a stick before we even had breakfast - which was a bowl full of dry oats with no milk and no spoon to eat it with
"Cardboard bowl....."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2272 on: December 8, 2020, 05:51:16 pm »
I'm just back from Crewe and driving on the M62 and M6 was absolutely horrible.

I then got soaked just running from the car to the front door.

I don't envy anyone cycling in that today.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2273 on: December 10, 2020, 08:15:33 am »
It's been raining non stop since 3 o'clock yesterday afternoon.  :(

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2274 on: December 10, 2020, 08:29:51 am »
I'm just back from Crewe and driving on the M62 and M6 was absolutely horrible.

I then got soaked just running from the car to the front door.

I don't envy anyone cycling in that today.

I ended up on the train both ways, with my bike. At least I got to cycle to the station, so it wasn't a complete waste of time. I can't even begin to imagine what it was like driving in that weather, when I'm on the bike and its raining that hard, I find it hard enough to see. I was like you by the time I had walked home with the bike I was soaking. Horrible.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2275 on: December 10, 2020, 08:30:31 am »
It's been raining non stop since 3 o'clock yesterday afternoon.  :(

Winter has come.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2276 on: December 10, 2020, 10:22:52 am »
Winter has come.

Yep,just waiting for the Wet Walkers now. :P

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2277 on: December 10, 2020, 03:55:22 pm »
Weather half decent here in South Manchester. Managed to play some tennis at lunch today and looks decent enough for next week too. I'd say it is unseasonably mild temperature-wise.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2278 on: December 10, 2020, 05:25:46 pm »
I ended up on the train both ways, with my bike. At least I got to cycle to the station, so it wasn't a complete waste of time. I can't even begin to imagine what it was like driving in that weather, when I'm on the bike and its raining that hard, I find it hard enough to see. I was like you by the time I had walked home with the bike I was soaking. Horrible.
Wise decision using the train when the weather is like that.

When I was an outreach care worker I got to jobs on a bike as I didn't drive then. I'd be doing up to 200 miles per week on the bike. Now that's really nice in the summer, but come winter and it was often absolutely horrible. The company I worked for had us wearing a proper white shirt and tie with trousers and proper shoes to do the job too. Ridiculous seeing as I was doing personal care for people who could not do anything for themselves at all. So even if I had a good Berghaus jacket with waterproof trousers over my work clothes, I'd end up soaked in sweat and with puddles in my shoes when I got to jobs or got back home in the rain.  :no

With the motorway driving you are dry, but it's just horrible for other reasons. The spray off HGVs and other cars makes it feel like you are driving through fog. It doesn't help when certain idiots insist on tailgating you either.

I've not long got back from Crosby. Just a bog standard grey December day there. At least there was no rain.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2279 on: December 10, 2020, 10:27:59 pm »
Wise decision using the train when the weather is like that.

When I was an outreach care worker I got to jobs on a bike as I didn't drive then. I'd be doing up to 200 miles per week on the bike. Now that's really nice in the summer, but come winter and it was often absolutely horrible. The company I worked for had us wearing a proper white shirt and tie with trousers and proper shoes to do the job too. Ridiculous seeing as I was doing personal care for people who could not do anything for themselves at all. So even if I had a good Berghaus jacket with waterproof trousers over my work clothes, I'd end up soaked in sweat and with puddles in my shoes when I got to jobs or got back home in the rain.  :no

With the motorway driving you are dry, but it's just horrible for other reasons. The spray off HGVs and other cars makes it feel like you are driving through fog. It doesn't help when certain idiots insist on tailgating you either.

I've not long got back from Crosby. Just a bog standard grey December day there. At least there was no rain.

What a nightmare. Strangely enough, I can put up with rain its the wind that I hate more than anything especially along the prom at times it feels like your are peddling and going nowhere. But more than anything its getting up at 6.15's that killing me at the moment. Only one more day though.