Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 1 vs 0 Fulham Salah 39’  (Read 11490 times)

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 1 vs 0 Fulham Salah 39’
« Reply #160 on: May 3, 2023, 10:03:22 pm »
As the old saying goes winning ugly is the sign of a team that might come 4th if the teams above drop points.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: May 3, 2023, 10:03:24 pm »
Three points, that aside, meh.  Finally a run worth a shit though, Ali is just ridiculous.

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #162 on: May 3, 2023, 10:03:51 pm »
3 points and no injuries, that's good enough for me at this point of the season.
We'll need to play better vs Brentford though
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #163 on: May 3, 2023, 10:03:51 pm »
Thought Jones played well, as did TAA, but we were too slow at times in our movement. Hendo is creaking. But they closed out a very energetic Fulham. Again though it seems that scragging Salah is within the laws yet breathing on some of their players brought a free kick.
One of my bugbears is players who pester the ref after a stonewall pen is given. Weak as piss refs like Tierney and Atwell stand debating with them slowing down the pen. He is within the laws to book everyone of them apart from the captain.
Thought Virgil and Ibou looked solid as did Ali.
Mo looked off the pace tonight but I thought Gakpo looked very sharp when he came on Diaz is getting back his sharpness and doesn’t let players bully him even after that attempted leg breaker at the weekend. Nunez is still causing chaos and nicked the ball well for the pen.
Three point is three points and on to the weekend.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: May 3, 2023, 10:04:13 pm »
That was a painful watch but three points is three points. Looked dead on our feet for much of the second half, wish we didn't have a game in less than 72 hours.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: May 3, 2023, 10:04:18 pm »
job done

not the prettiest 2nd half but 3 points is all that matters

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: May 3, 2023, 10:04:24 pm »
I just got into my favourite pub in Spain to see the last 5 minutes…….was it as tight as it looked? We seemed to be making lots of mistakes.
Ali had one save of note to make. We were three final balls away from a 4-0.

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #167 on: May 3, 2023, 10:04:32 pm »
I sacked off work to watch this and... I probably could have picked a better game. Three more points though  :scarf

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: May 3, 2023, 10:04:35 pm »
We could have been punished near the end, but phew, we did just enough.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: May 3, 2023, 10:04:41 pm »
I just got into my favourite pub in Spain to see the last 5 minutes…….was it as tight as it looked? We seemed to be making lots of mistakes.

Yes. Frustrating match.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #170 on: May 3, 2023, 10:06:20 pm »
Great intensity in parts. We looked good.

But could have thrown it all away at the end with some panicky play, could not retain the ball.

Our counter attacking was pathetic. So many great chances created by the final ball was invariably telegraphed to the opposition. 

Still, an improvement from the first half of the season.
Love the 3 points, move on.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #171 on: May 3, 2023, 10:06:32 pm »
We're not going to make top 4 and it would be madness getting into the mickey mouse UEFA who gives a crap cup your playing Thursday and then Sunday. You've been shit all season lads so ffs stop winning. Lets come out of European places re-boot for next season(3 new midfielders) and go for top the title next season. With no Europe wed have a bloody good chance of getting top 4 minimum next season.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #172 on: May 3, 2023, 10:07:06 pm »
We're not going to make top 4 and it would be madness getting into the mickey mouse UEFA who gives a crap cup your playing Thursday and then Sunday. You've been shit all season lads so ffs stop winning. Lets come out of European places re-boot for next season(3 new midfielders) and go for top the title next season. With no Europe wed have a bloody good chance of getting top 4 minimum next season.

Assume this is a weak attempt at a whoosh.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: May 3, 2023, 10:07:32 pm »
A poor quality game, but we were alright. Played pretty decent for 70 minutes, then seemingly lost control of the game for the last 20, albeit Fulham struggled to threaten us.

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: May 3, 2023, 10:08:12 pm »

wtf are you on about the cup is another way into the champs league. Dunno if this is meant as bait but feels like it

Online buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: May 3, 2023, 10:08:51 pm »
5 wins on the trot, can't argue with that. The game just showed all our problems though, we have an old team and zero athleticism in midfield or the right personnel to change it. Obviously we will address this in the summer so I'm not too concerned right now. Our game management is all over the place, but I feel that's a part of the midfield.

Either way, we are playing way better than we were 6 weeks ago, that's the main thing that matters. This was a massive result for us getting in to Europe. I still feel Top 4 is a long shot and even if Newcastle/Man Utd slip up slightly, you feel we're still going to be 2-3 points away as I think we will drop points somewhere in the last 4 games with our lack of midfield options.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #176 on: May 3, 2023, 10:08:58 pm »
Three points. Clean sheet. Roll on Saturday

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #177 on: May 3, 2023, 10:09:03 pm »
Another Win.

A clean sheet.

Happy Days.  :scarf
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: May 3, 2023, 10:09:11 pm »
Pretty routine midweek fixture after Sunday's exertions. Three points, move on. Not much else to be said.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: May 3, 2023, 10:09:37 pm »
Another Win.

A clean sheet.

Happy Days.  :scarf

:scarf :scarf :scarf

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: May 3, 2023, 10:09:46 pm »
Last 10-15 was uncomfortable but we weren’t that bad all game. For some reason we gave up trying to keep the ball and got rid of it every time we won it back, inviting pressure.

Midfield at the end of the game was Elliott, Milner and a tired Henderson/Fabinho so wasn’t pretty.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #181 on: May 3, 2023, 10:09:56 pm »
A win to nil always the hallmark of our highest point seasons (many of them laborious), we've not had many this season.

Probably just need 2 more wins to finish 5th, if that. A miniscule chance of 4th with 4 wins.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #182 on: May 3, 2023, 10:11:30 pm »
I love a well defended 1-0. That wasn’t a comfortable win, but a deserved one overall. But it was a bit of a curate’s egg - good in parts.

Just have to say that given his poor run of form earlier in the year, that was a performance from Trent that deserves all the superlatives you can muster; MoM by a very, very large margin. Our two centrebacks were very good too, as was the recently much-maligned Fabinho, and the ever impressive Allison. Diaz is short of match sharpness, but he’s a real threat and will be a handful when up to speed.

Less impressive, if we’re honest, were Mo Salah - who gave the ball away for fun, and who’s decision making was consistently poor, Hendo, who gave it his all, but just wasn’t at the races, more particularly for an hour, and Darwin, who’s performance lent substance to his naysayers. Gakpo was impressive in his cameo, as was young Harvey; I thought we showed again that we are recapturing some decent form.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #183 on: May 3, 2023, 10:11:40 pm »
Not the greatest performance, but we won…

This feels more like a 21-22 hang on and win performance though.

Although they had attacks, they weren’t 5e kind  we’ve suffered this year where tema shave literally just run straight through the middle of us… so that was nice!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: May 3, 2023, 10:11:52 pm »
They were like Wolves of a few years ago,battled hard for everything and made us work for it.

Were not ourselves quite how we were a few years ago so was hard work.3 more points in the bag thought,no reason to complain.

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #185 on: May 3, 2023, 10:13:03 pm »
Great intensity in parts. We looked good.

But could have thrown it all away at the end with some panicky play, could not retain the ball.

Our counter attacking was pathetic. So many great chances created by the final ball was invariably telegraphed to the opposition. 

Still, an improvement from the first half of the season.
Love the 3 points, move on.

I'm with you on that assessment. Some lovely interchanges and a sprinkling of unforced errors. Thought the subs might have improved that side of our game but simply didn't. That Jota pass behind Robbo was the tip of the iceberg.

Thought Fabinho was excellent. Allison was great as was Leno for them sweeping up at the back.

Surely we can't be as bad with our final passes in the next match.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2023, 10:15:02 pm by Judge Red »

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: May 3, 2023, 10:14:26 pm »
That was a painful watch but three points is three points. Looked dead on our feet for much of the second half, wish we didn't have a game in less than 72 hours.

I don't think we've done ourselves many favours with the way we've agreed to reschedule the Fulham and Chelsea games in hand (Chelsea right after City away, Fulham right after a Wednesday-Sunday). We could have staggered them better.

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #187 on: May 3, 2023, 10:15:45 pm »
3 Points
Clean Sheet
No Injuries
Trent brilliant
DIAZ!
Looking like our old selves a bit more the last few games.

I’ll take that and be happy with it.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: May 3, 2023, 10:15:58 pm »

Rome wasn’t built in a day, 5 wins on the trot is very positive, clean sheet, all good

We will miss out on champions league but at least we can finish the season with some momentum, hopefully the lessons will be learned

Online SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: May 3, 2023, 10:18:07 pm »
Good result but bang average performance.

Europa League probably our level this season.

Better than where we were a few months ago. I'll happily take the Europa League.
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: May 3, 2023, 10:18:24 pm »

Next season the goal is getting back into the top four and Europa league helps with that. We are not winning the league.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: May 3, 2023, 10:20:04 pm »
Next season the goal is getting back into the top four and Europa league helps with that. We are not winning the league.

We'll start the Europa League as favourites.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #192 on: May 3, 2023, 10:21:18 pm »
Our last 1-0 was West Ham at home in October! Nerve racking but that’s how you string wins together.

Brentford will be a more physical challenge though.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: May 3, 2023, 10:22:29 pm »
Our last 1-0 was West Ham at home in October! Nerve racking but that’s how you string wins together.

Brentford will be a more physical challenge though.

Similar game as well, although they're the games you need to grind out.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #194 on: May 3, 2023, 10:23:21 pm »
Anyone else think Palhinha could do Fab's job for us?
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #195 on: May 3, 2023, 10:25:31 pm »
Any one else find it a bit strange that we hadn't had a penalty at home in the league for a year, the media picked up on it, all of a sudden we've had 3 in a month... 🤔

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: May 3, 2023, 10:25:54 pm »
Fulham boss is doing a really good job.

We are tired in a "ran out of ideas" sense.

I think their pressing made us lose composure on the ball as some our passing in the final third was dismal.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #197 on: May 3, 2023, 10:26:22 pm »
Gathering momentum similar to the end of 20/21. The fix won’t be as easy as that summer, but at least we’ll end up in the Europa League rather than the Conference League.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: May 3, 2023, 10:28:06 pm »

We can.

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #199 on: May 3, 2023, 10:29:32 pm »
These results may seem small but they mean much. Sure we're not getting top 4, but by putting and keeping the pressure on it means more minutes in Bruno, Casemiro, Varane, Martinez and specially Rashford's legs.

Same with some Newcastle players.

More unnecessary games means more chance of soft muscle tissue injuries for next season plus the mental tiredness. God knows we experienced both this season, thus giving those perma- midtable clubs a one-off free run to top 4.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!