Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 1 vs 0 Fulham Salah 39’  (Read 11486 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
PL: Liverpool 1 vs 0 Fulham Salah 39’
« on: May 3, 2023, 07:09:54 pm »
Liverpool V Fulham, Wednesday May 3, 20:00h, Anfield

Referee: Stuart Attwell.
Assistants: Darren Cann, Nick Hopton. Fourth official: Darren England.
VAR: Tony Harrington. Assistant VAR: Dan Cook.

We're all still sobering up from madness of that game against Tottenham, yet our next match is already here. They do come thick and fast, which I think is actually better for us. Less dwelling on seemingly infinite ways we manage to make things difficult for ourselves and more simply riding the high of last minute victory. It's fine, we won, move on to the next one. And next up is Fulham. How on Earth will we manage to make this one crazy? Here are some possible and very likely scenarios. Feel free to share yours as well.

Operation Big Head
Game starts with a controversial Fulham goal from a corner kick. Ball bounces to their player on the line who smacks in hard againt the post and it rebounds in a weird high arc. Their defender face palms himself in disbelief and while his hand is on his forehead the ball bounces off his hand into the goal. Referee sees nothing wrong with it and gives a goal. No VAR check. Marco Silva celebrates by running along the touchline, tripping himself and accidentally headbutting Jurgen Klopp. Klopp is given a yellow card. From here things unravel. Fulham are on top and manage to score again from a counter just before halftime. Two goals down, Liverpool put all their cards in attack and pin Fulham in their box throughout the second half. But still no goals. Pressure is relentless but in vain. In 85th minute we get a counter, Mo Salah is through on goal and is dragged from behind by a scrambling defender. He's brough down to the ground on the edge of the box. VAR reviews the incident, decides not to give a penatly or a red card. We scuffle the free kick, Salah gets a direct red card for protests and the game fizzles out.

Operation Unlikely
Dominant start from Liverpool and Fulham are under serious pressure. Jota wriggles his way past the defence on the edge of the box, find Salah with a backheel and Mo is handled by Fulham defender in the box. Without a VAR check a penalty is given and a red card for Fulham defender. Referee evn ruffles Mo's hair and pinches his cheek. Pundits say it was a clear penalty and Salah is a good person. Liverpool continue to dominate. Half hour in, Henderson gets an injury and is replaced by Keita. Naby grabs the game by the scruff of the neck and creates two more goals for Liverpool. In 80th minute a rebounded shot falls to Keita 20m out and he whips an outside boot volley shot band in the top corner.

Operation Beach
A nervy start by Liverpool is compounded by a series of near misses. It looks like the game is hanging in the balance and one goal will decide it. Some Fulham supporters came to the game determined to protest the 'on the beach mentality' of their players. Just before half time they inflate several beach balls and toss them on the pitch just in time for one of them to deflect a weak shot and put it past Alisson. VAR checks but a goal stands. Dermot Gallagher days later claims that it was the right call because 'with summer approaching, all teams should be prepared for the influx of beach balls in our daily lives'. BBC runs with headline article 'Why Liverpool have learned nothing since 2009'.

I think those are all very reasonable scenarios, but some may disagree with some minor details of it.

Fulham eh? Quick look at their table position suggests it's a team that is the definition of the 'on the beach' cliche. It would be tempting to look at them and expect a quick rollover victory. If only it was that easy. In reality they gave a good performance against Manchester City just days ago and though riddled with injuries and suspensions - are very much up for a fight. This Fulham team will line up with lot of players very much fighting for their place in the team, eager to prove they can deliver and be an important part of next campaign. So we should very much be hopeful of getting a good result - but also expect a solid performance from Fulham. They are missing a few important players, Kurzawa, Pereira, Ream are injured and Mitrović is still serving his suspension because he's a player and not a referee. Harry Wilson might start and look to prove a point in his first performance back at Anfield. I would certainly keep an eye on him if he does.

Boys in red will probably line up pretty close to what we've seen recently. Perhaps Hendo will start, in fact I expect him to. Maybe Matip for Konate, just to keep them both fresh and playing in high tempo. Attack though, I think it's Jota, Gakpo and Mo. Diaz is not starting two in a row and Nunez is an impact sub until he isn't. We have enough firepower to win this in any case, so let's do it.

« Last Edit: May 3, 2023, 08:41:04 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool vs Fulham
« Reply #1 on: May 3, 2023, 07:11:25 pm »

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #2 on: May 3, 2023, 07:58:57 pm »
You'll have to stick with us tonight as it's not on UK TV so we are relying on online sources
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #3 on: May 3, 2023, 08:01:31 pm »
YNWA sounding fantastic as usual, the crowd in good voice it seams, bring us a win Anfield

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4 on: May 3, 2023, 08:01:46 pm »
Any messages folks pm me and I will put them on.  :)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #5 on: May 3, 2023, 08:02:32 pm »
Kick Off - Fulham kicking off, reds attacking the Anfield Road End in the first half

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #6 on: May 3, 2023, 08:02:40 pm »
1 - great move forward, Diaz apparently upended in the Fulham area, no dice, no diaz penno.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 3, 2023, 08:03:31 pm »
3 Trent slams one in from the edge of the area but unfortunate ricochet off Diaz. Ouch.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 3, 2023, 08:03:46 pm »
(I've got live pix - might be ahead of the others!!)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 3, 2023, 08:04:26 pm »
4 Another shot (off target though) - the noticeable thing is that Darwin is causing absolute mayhem :D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 3, 2023, 08:06:22 pm »
5 Fulham's first attack results in a dangerous ball across the area that VVD thankfully turns behind

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #11 on: May 3, 2023, 08:07:36 pm »
5 Fulham's first attack results in a dangerous ball across the area that VVD thankfully turns behind
excellent clearance that

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 3, 2023, 08:09:11 pm »
9 Not a lot new to report - it's settling down a bit - hoping we ramp it up again in a mo....

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 3, 2023, 08:10:04 pm »
10 Fulham keeper has a total brain fart, we get good possession back pressure building......

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 3, 2023, 08:10:58 pm »
10 We use the possession well, press up, 6 in the area, Trent tries another from the D that juuuuuuuuust pushes wide. Getting better!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: May 3, 2023, 08:11:26 pm »
Nunez through the middle is such a handful already!

Just love seeing him play there.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: May 3, 2023, 08:12:16 pm »
10 We use the possession well, press up, 6 in the area, Trent tries another from the D that juuuuuuuuust pushes wide. Getting better!
That was really close that
W

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 3, 2023, 08:12:17 pm »
11 Superb move by Diaz from edge of own area, we push all the way up, 3 or 4 excellent passes (Hendo, Curtis) Mo scuffs one as it falls unexpectedly at his feet. Goal is coming.....

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 3, 2023, 08:13:21 pm »
11 Superb move by Diaz from edge of own area, we push all the way up, 3 or 4 excellent passes (Hendo, Curtis) Mo scuffs one as it falls unexpectedly at his feet. Goal is coming.....
that run by Diaz!!
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: May 3, 2023, 08:14:21 pm »
It's so good having Diaz back he makes the team that much more exciting, he's such a handful.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 3, 2023, 08:14:24 pm »
13 Another fabulous break, cross-field moves, great passing, final one eludes Darwin. We steal the ball back well enough, just need that extra little break now.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 3, 2023, 08:15:44 pm »
15 Fulham's first real break, slams one up to Alli's right, double-handed push out for a corner. Phew. They then press again but flash a rugby kick high and wide that lands on the bakery outside....

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 3, 2023, 08:17:14 pm »
Defense really having trouble communicating where they should be, Kostas caught napping the first time, then Konate too deep, they're really not taking the cues from each. Virgil needs to sort that out!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: May 3, 2023, 08:18:05 pm »
17 Diaz is an absolute terrier isn't he?? Tries to take them all on and does well - eventually breaks to Mo who takes it the byeline and almost squeezes it in from an angle tighter than tight thing in tightsville.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 3, 2023, 08:18:49 pm »
18 Will.I.Am loses out to Trent Darby. Stick to shit songs, ya meff.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: May 3, 2023, 08:19:35 pm »
19 Diaz agonisingly close with a shot form the left that deflects for a corner.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: May 3, 2023, 08:20:06 pm »
Diaz deserves a goal, he all action tonight they can't deal with him at all.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: May 3, 2023, 08:21:11 pm »
20 It's pretty much all us but every Fulham counter reminds of the danger and of our defensive frailty.......Tsimi doing well enough though. Not quite sure which position Trent is meant to be in, sometimes he looks like a central defender....!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 3, 2023, 08:21:39 pm »
Great mazy run by Salah but really thought he should have chipped it to Diaz for the easy goal instead of trying to acute angle shot

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: May 3, 2023, 08:22:25 pm »
22 Jones hauled down in a promising position. Let's see if the f/k brings a great threat....

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: May 3, 2023, 08:22:43 pm »
Chakan, you should register as a commentator...........! ;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: May 3, 2023, 08:23:19 pm »
Chakan, you should register as a commentator...........! ;D

He still has the style.  :D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 3, 2023, 08:23:25 pm »
23 The f/k fails to produce.

(Over to Waba for the goal - there will be a delay as he's on a stream........!)

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #33 on: May 3, 2023, 08:25:46 pm »
23 Nunez tries to find Mo when he would probably have been better taking a shot, chance comes to nothing

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: May 3, 2023, 08:26:22 pm »
Trent…is he playing FIFA?  Wow!
W

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #35 on: May 3, 2023, 08:27:28 pm »
24 Free kick to Fulham on the edge of their box, absolutely no foul at all, Soares slipped

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #36 on: May 3, 2023, 08:28:51 pm »
25 Fulham win a corner, great challenge from Konate, Wilson has a shot which is blocked and then Fulham caught offside

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #37 on: May 3, 2023, 08:30:51 pm »
28 Attwell is literally buying everything that Fulham do, another soft freekick this time in the attacking third, reds scramble it clear though

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: May 3, 2023, 08:32:02 pm »
28 Attwell is literally buying everything that Fulham do, another soft freekick this time in the attacking third, reds scramble it clear though

Wow, I would never have believed this if you hadn't said it.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #39 on: May 3, 2023, 08:32:16 pm »
30 Fulham coming more into the game now and looking dangerous when they break